Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor count!

+1 1 100.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

User Image

(( ♛ )) AURUM ACADEMY_______________________________

a fantasy school-based roleplay
                                inspired by elements of etymology, word of memory rp & hp
                                currently open and accepting

User Image User Image User Image

User Image

_________________________ { STORY }

Located on a faraway uncharted island, situated upon the rocky cliffs next to the everchanging forest, Silva, is a magical place filled with wonder and mystery: Aurum Academy. It is here where the talented wordsmiths and conjurers of the world gather to not only broaden their academic studies and achievements but also to hone their special abilities of wordplay.

The school itself is centuries old but very much so alive. Here at Aurum Academy, you may find it odd that the portraits talk, certain parts of the school -- such as a the walls, rooms and staircases -- tend to move around from one place to another, and at times, you can hear doors creek, shut themselves up or even turn open without notice. But fear not, for Aurum is heavily guarded with a magic barrier, ensured to protect its inhabitants from any danger, be it a wordsmith, a conjurer or a creature.

At Aurum Academy, there is but a simple legend regarding one of the past headmasters of the school, Felix Ainsworth.

His words were, "In wordplay, no two words are alike."

Felix Ainsworth was the most powerful wordsmith that had ever lived. He was an admired sorcerer, one who held respect for all his students and faculty advisors, as they did for him. He was remembered to be patient and kind, understanding and thoughtful, and incredibly wise beyond his years. Before he departed for his end, he left the school an irreplaceable treasure, and hid it so that those with a pure and brave heart may find it and be rewarded justly.

But what could it be? Thoughts and whispers buzzed around the walls of Aurum Academy. Each student had their own creative idea as to what the treasure could be, and yes, even the professors played a part of the game. Who would be the victor? What could such a treasure grant? Immense power? Clairvoyance? Riches? Wisdom? And so the search began. They turned over tables, searched between the crevices, climbed the top of the towers and some even asked help from the heavens. Still, none had found it. Generations passed and the story of the treasure turned from a substantial truth to a mere myth to entertain the first years who would enter the school's halls.

But a new story began to spill from the mouths of the students at Aurum. They say that the treasure might have been discovered. "How do you know?" The students would ask.

"A student went out to go and get it, but she never came back."

"Who?"

"The one with the word of 'open'."

User Image

_________________________ { RULES }

ONE This one is pretty simple and I don't ask for much. Obey the TOS (Terms of Service) of Gaia Online. Do not god-mod, meaning, do not control the actions of others. Just like in real life, you're only pretty much in control of what you can do. Also, be nice and respectful to your fellow roleplayers.

TWO This is a semi-lit to literate roleplay. I expect about three to four nice paragraphs with enough action to get your fellow roleplayers to follow up. Don't conjure up lengthy essays and while I do appreciate pretty layouts, do not make them a mess to work with.

THREE No cookie-cutter characters allowed. There are only a limited amount of slots available so I would prefer that the characters that do get accepted here have a great personality to roleplay with. Flaws are great, people! Don't discourage the power of flaws. And yes, anime pictures only.

FOUR Romance is allowed, but not the main aspect of this roleplay. I do appreciate love, flirting and sexual tension between characters but if you feel the need to be naughty, please fast-forward with a time skip. I don't allow anything NSFW here. Don't get me in trouble.

FIVE PM me with your profile skeleton and title it "aurum" so that I know you've read these minimal rules. If you're accepted, I'll let you know. I'll be checking your samples, somehow, someway, so be prepared.

User Image

_________________________ { SCHOOL }

Aurum Academy has a long history of ancient magic and thus is filled with incredible secrets. Aurum Academy consists of over 150 rooms, some, like the treasure, have still yet to be discovered. We ask students to pay close attention to their surroundings as some rooms do move around. Please be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to trip over our moving staircases; please do not pay too much attention to our talking portraits; and above all, have fun and do make yourselves a memorable four years.

DORMITORY ONE { CONJURERS }
                                1. Noah & Margot
                                2. Malik & Luminista
                                3. Sloan & Rohel
                                4. Rae & Victoria

DORMITORY TWO { WORDSMITHS }
                                1. Flora & Himeko
                                2. Orin & Kiri
                                3. Chihiro & Cuan
                                4. Shun & Odette
                                5. Keita & Velveteen*

* Only pair of wordsmith x conjurer to room together.

CLASS SUBJECTS
                                1. Art
                                2. Alchemy
                                3. Arithmancy
                                4. Creature Studies
                                5. Divination
                                6. English Literature
                                7. Herbal Studies
                                8. History
                                9. Mathematics
                                10. Music
                                11. Potions
                                12. Phys. Ed
                                13. Wordplay*

*Wordplay is the class when both conjurers and wordsmiths of the same year train together.

UNIFORMS
                                User Image

User Image

_________________________ { SETTINGS }

User Image User Image
                                User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
                                User Image User Image

User Image

_________________________ { CONJURERS }

Conjurers have the ability to make their chosen word, a noun, appear before them. They may also use them to attack and defend against a person, an object and other attacks.

the conjurer carrying the word of " F I R E "
                                User Image
                                rohel iziin fay arrogant loud fast-thinking

the conjurer carrying the word of " W A T E R "
                                User Image
                                luminista daniel scott intelligent awkward affectionate

the conjurer carrying the word of " E A R T H "
                                User Image
                                victoria alison rivers bossy meddlesome compassionate

the conjurer carrying the word of " W O O D "
                                User Image
                                noah hazelwood persistent headstrong diligent

the conjurer carrying the word of " W I N D "
                                User Image
                                margot eloise falconer quiet harsh demanding

the conjurer carrying the word of " S O U N D "
                                User Image
                                malik riley ambitious loyal traditional

User Image

_________________________ { WORDSMITHS }

Wordsmiths are verb-users; they may use their powers to take action upon an object or person.

the wordsmith carrying the word of " L O C K "
                                User Image
                                orin lee cameron protective naive bright

the wordsmith carrying the word of " D I V I D E "
                                User Image
                                keita lynn willful straightforward capricious

the wordsmith carrying the word of " M U L T I P L Y "
                                User Image
                                shun sanada withdrawn childish gentle

the wordsmith carrying the word of " L E V I T A T E "
                                User Image
                                himeko yui tadashi courageous clumsy stubborn

the wordsmith carrying the word of " M E N D "
                                User Image
                                kiri depardieu impassive idealist independent

the wordsmith carrying the word of " O P E N "
                                User Image
                                flora ophelia cameron outgoing vivacious adventurous

User Image

_________________________ { DELINQUENTS }

These characters are the delinquents of Aurum Academy. While they may not be considered to be your most evil villains, they can stir up quite a lot of trouble and often leave a lasting impression upon those whom they meet.

the conjurer carrying the word of " I C E "
                                User Image
                                alexander sloan hansford flirtatious lazy impish

the conjurer carrying the word of " L I G H T N I N G "
                                User Image
                                roselle eveans carefree brash flirty

the conjurer carrying the word of " M E T A L "
                                User Image
                                velveteen 'el rose noire unintelligent oblivious blunt

the wordsmith carrying the word of " S L E E P "
                                User Image
                                cuan "sith" o'clery childish belligerent lazy

the wordsmith carrying the word of " B U R S T "
                                User Image
                                odette hildereth detached ruthless unstable

the wordsmith carrying the word of " D E V O U R "
                                User Image
                                chihiro suzuki unmotivated sarcastic dishonest

User Image

_________________________ { PROFILE SKELETON }

[list][list][list][list][imgleft]insert 150x200 img here[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18]I SUMMON THE ONE[/size]
                                [size=14]who bears the word of "(word)" as a (wordsmith/conjurer)[/size]

[size=11][b]Full Name:[/b]
                                [b]Age:[/b]
                                [b]Gender:[/b]
                                [b]Height:[/b]
                                ⊰ [b]one, two & three adjectives describing your character[/b] ⊱
                                [b]Currently:[/b] first year freshman, second year sophomore, etc.
                                [b]Appearance[/b]: [url=http://]face claim(s) of your character go here. hq anime img please[/url]

150-250 word count featuring the description or biography of your character.

[b]⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢[/b] (username)[/size][/list][/list]
                                [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

User Image

_________________________ { FAQ }

1. What is a wordsmith? What is a conjurer?

Wordsmiths and conjurers are magick users. Wordsmiths are verb-users, which means their words derive from a base of action, whereas conjurers are noun-users. Wordsmiths and conjurers have the capability of casting spells using one specific word, honored to them since birth. However, each wordsmith and conjurer have awakened their abilities throughout different times in their life -- some earlier and some later than others. But despair not! Through practice and determination, everyone can be a master at wordplay.

2. What is wordplay?

Wordplay is a spell cast via command of any wordsmith and conjurer on an object or person. For example, if your word is "water", you may make water appear before you or use your wordplay to manipulate a body of water to your advantage. The techniques and abilities of a wordsmith or conjurer are dependent upon the imagination and the creativity of their Gaian player.

A "lock" wordsmith can stop attacks in their place by isolating or locking them in place. A "mend" wordsmith can heal and repair damages to items and people. A "fire" conjurer can summon fireballs, or even engulf their hands in fire (to attack with). A "wood" conjurer has the power to manipulate nature and greenery, whereas an "earth" conjurer can mold the ground. These powers aren't concrete law, you can make up your own but this is the general idea. I can't stress this enough: please be creative with your powers. You can probably do almost anything within a non-OP limit.

3. Why are combinations relevant?

The best part of wordplay are combinations. If you have three conjurers, fire, wind and water, you can have the potential to make a thunderstorm; same thing with conjurers lightning and wind. If you combine earth and fire, you can potentially make lava using your wordplay. A wordsmith such as "multiply" and a "sound" conjurer together can amplify the sound emitted by the conjurer.

4. Is there fighting involved?

Yes, there will be fighting involved. But no killing!

5. If we have questions, where can we take it to?

You can drop me a PM or post a message in our OOC. :]

User Image

___________________ { WEATHER REPORT }

User Image User Image

DAY

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 |
                                08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
                                15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
                                22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |
                                29 | 30 | 31

TIME

AM: 12:00 | 12:30 | 1:00 | 1:30 | 2:00 | 2:30 | 3:00 | 3:30 | 4:00 | 4:30 | 5:00 |
                                5:30 | 6:00 | 6:30 | 7:00 | 7:30 | 8:00 | 8:30 | 9:00 | 9:30 | 10:00 | 10:30 | 11:00 | 11:30 |

PM: 12:00 | 12:30 | 1:00 | 1:30 | 2:00 | 2:30 | 3:00 | 3:30 | 4:00 | 4:30 | 5:00 |
                                5:30 | 6:00 | 6:30 | 7:00 | 7:30 | 8:00 | 8:30 | 9: 00 | 9:30 | 10:00 | 10:30 | 11:00 | 11:30 |

User Image

_________________________ { RESERVED }

reserved

User Image

_________________________ { RESERVED }

reserved

User Image
                  O R I N xx L E E xx C A M E R O N
                  thexquietxsoulxbearingxthexmagicxofx"lock"

↘↘↘

The sky was a grayish hue, covered by a cluster of ominous clouds that bathed the world below in their shower of rain. Orin listened to the pitter-pattering, and watched several of the raindrops slide down from his window pane from the comforts of his dormitory room. He sat in his chair and stared at the textbooks and papers before him, tapping his pen impatiently against the edge of the desk. He stopped, and proceeded to tap the pen once more. Orin did this for a futile half hour before releasing a sigh of defeat. He leaned forward and buried his head into his arms. He just wasn’t able to concentrate.

Earlier, Orin had been called to the headmaster’s office — an event he thought he would have never encountered, given his grades — to be interviewed in order to gather information about his sister’s whereabouts. It had been a few days since her disappearance, and he found himself utterly useless during the interview. It had been a few weeks since he had last seen her, let alone spoke with her. Although the two were definitely closer in childhood, they had drifted apart due to their differences in friends and personalities. The last time Orin had seen his twin was at the orientation for the incoming freshmen, a time when the current headmaster would tell the story of Aurum Academy’s treasure every year. But why go after it now? While his sister did have a thirst for adventure, he had hoped that she wouldn’t neglect her studies. All those hours of tutoring would go to waste!

Orin shifted his eyes back towards his class notes and frowned. Since his twin’s disappearance, he had slowly begun to dread attending his classes as well. Students began to ask him questions about his sister, everything from her discoveries to her grades down to her three sizes. The nerve of some people. Orin shuddered. He was never the type to be caught into sense dribble, but as days passed on, the rumors and the whispers in his presence began to increase. Even the professors had begun to act strangely as more and more students piqued interest for the school’s supposed treasure.

Orin sighed and got up from his seat. He exited his room, the doorknob still in his hands. “Lock.” He muttered. A swivel of pale blue light wrapped around the doorknob and snapped away once a clicking sound was heard. Orin smiled, shut the door behind him and made his way down the hallway to his sister's room.

Divorced Ladykiller

9,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Luminitsa Scott

spacespacespaceI've Been WORKING Hard SO LONG Seems LikePAIN is my only friend MY FRAGILE HEART'S been done so wrongIWONDER if I'd Ever HEAL AGAIN OH JUST LIKE ALL THE SEASONS NEVER STAY THE SAME, all around me I can feel a change
spacespacespacespacespace

I will break these chains that bind me space Happiness will find me
Leave the past behind me space Today my life begins
A whole new world is waiting space It's mine for the taking

spacespace✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂ TODAY MY LIFE BEGINS
spacespacespacespacespacespacespaceTODAYxxM YxxL I F E B E G I N S

It was a nice and dreary day. The weather was a bit colder, and rain was slowly falling. In a dorm room lay a girl, tangled up in sheets, pillows, and a comforter. She was fast asleep, now dreaming of water, a rainstorm and the coming days. The weird thing was she liked school. She loved to study, and she loved a good portion of the population. Unlike her home affairs, where school had not been so fun. But now it was better. Here she had fun and goals.

She slowly woke when the rain started to get a bit louder and smiled dreamily to herself. Sapphire eyes opened and she rubbed them, trying to get rid of the blurriness. Once that was out of the way she slowly detangled herself from her bed and waddled to her window. The sky was dark but beautiful, as rain coated her window. The drops slowly slid down, as if racing each other, and she loved it. She tilted her gaze to examine the grounds. Wet and slick. She would need her boots today. Even if she enjoyed the weather, it was portraying the thoughts of the school. A girl had gone missing. And most people were already spreading rumors of her fleeing…some said she was kidnapped, or some other wild stories. The twin to the girl was often seen alone. Rumor had it he had something to do with it. But hey, these were all rumors.

She suddenly spun on her heel to look around the dark room. Clothes littered the floor, as well as papers. Her book case was jam-packed full of books ranging from human anatomy to books about water. There was also a desk that held a lot of plants. Though she loved the flowers, they were mainly materials used for practice. She ran a hand through her messy blonde hair and inwardly sighed. She was up to early. She shuffled to her small closet and tore off her nightgown, grabbing the uniform and her boots. She even grabbed a raincoat. She slowly adorned her clothes and brushed her hair, slowly straightening it out. She then went to brush her teeth and then reentered her room. She stretched a bit then headed out.

She locked her door and turned to the hallway, meeting no one. Not unusual. Most people were still asleep. She headed through the halls and down some stairs. She wondered if the cafeteria was open. She would really like something to eat. Like a bagel. Or eggs. Mmm eggs would be perfect, with toast and strawberry jelly. Her mouth was already watering. Her step quickened. Her goal was now food.

The "Water" conjurer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces