Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
}{ Viggo Leucetius }{

}{ The Defiant Incubus }{

Viggo had been laying on his bed, resting a little as he quietly looked over his arm. This was all he would do for hours on end, simply staring at his cybernetic arm as he held it before himself, looking over it silently with hints of subtle curiosity in his steel grey eyes. Slowly, he flexed the joints of his metallic fingers back and forth, a soft sigh escaping the incubus. Perhaps this was his way of dealing with it, or perhaps he was genuinely just curious, he himself wasn't entirely sure. Sitting up, he stretched out a little, deciding to get up and find something to drink. Making his way over to his refridgerator, he retrieved a can of soda, absent-mindedly taking it with his cybernetic hand. Closing the fridge door, he turned and moved to a counter to open the can, only to find it slipping from the already uneasy grasp of his mechanical limb, the carbonated contents bursting free and spraying onto his shirt, causing the demon to groan and decide to drink what he could from the can before cleaning the mess up and tossing the can into the trash. Pulling his shirt off he planned to place another one on, but promptly heard a knock at his door and he paused. "Comin'." he called, deciding not to bother with the extra time needed to place another shirt on, after all it was more than likely one of the other guys, possibly Ikuto, or more annoyingly, Ryuu. Opening the door once he made his way over his eyes grew wide with surprise as he laid eyes on Luma of all people. "Luma..?" he asked quietly, as though he needed to ask, she was pretty distinctive all things considered. He might have been concerned about the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt, a touch embaressed or something, but right now he was just glad to see her, but concern quickly rose within him as he took note of her leg and slightly beaten state. "Welcome back..! Christ, what happened?" he asked, promptly moving to inspect her leg wound, kneeling before her as he did so, not even stopping to think about how close he was to her, otherwise he likely would have become fairly bashful. Looking up at her, the worry was clear as day in his eyes. "Are you okay..?" he asked softly, still on his knees as he gazed up in an almost fearful manner, he didn't want her to confirm that she had been injured, but all he could hope for was that it was only minor and that she'd be alright.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
++ Faris Bellum ++

++ The Overconfident Faerie ++

Faris had been wandering various hallways of the academy, hands stuffed in his pockets with his hood up as usual. While he walked, he couldn't help but feel as though he was being followed. Glancing over his shoulder every now and then he frowned, unable to see anyone tailing him. And then he heard a loud clang, quickly turning to see a metal bucket thrown to the floor from the janitor's cart. He was severly freaked out now, this was like something from one of those teenage murder movies. Then the boy gave a notably girly scream as he was pounced to the floor, however this was soon replaced with happy laughter as he realised it was just Rhea, which grew louder as he noticed the heartstring he'd given her. "Y'know I didn't think you'd be one for bows, you turning into a girly-girl on me now?" asked the boy who had seconds ago sounded far girlier than Rhea likely ever had. Once she finally sat beside him he got to his feet, dusting himself off. Of course, his golden heartstring was still wrapped around his arm. "You made it back in one piece, then. That's good." he told her uncharacteristically calmly as he folded his arms. It only took a moment for this to break and for him to be hugging the big fluffy dog. "I missed you guys, everyone's okay right? Nobody can get hurt, got it? That just..it can't happen...I was totally worried.." he gently squeezed his doggy companion, before releasing her and moving back a little, holding an arm to his face to hide his tears and soon wiping them away. He had seemed a little down as he walked aimlessly earlier, it was due to the fact that he was dwelling upon the fact that he wasn't much help to the team at all, and what was worse was he knew, he knew for a fact that when it came down to it, when they would need him most, he would get scared and run. He just couldn't take the sight of those things, not anymore, not after what happened in his past. Laying eyes on them brought all the memories back, it was too much for the poor boy to handle. At this rate, he would only be a burden to them, and he didn't want to drag them down, especially if it potentially meant that it would cost the life of one of his friends. He had even considered dropping out of the team. The faerie was ultimately completely unsure of what to do, he wanted to leave for the sake of the safety of his friends, but he wanted to stay simply so he could remain a part of their team.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
π•·π–šπ–’π–†π–“π–†π–—π–Žπ–† Π„π–‘π–Žπ–˜π–Žπ–”π–“

Lumanaria stiffened up all the more as she heard Viggo call from inside of his room, she hadn't heard his voice in over a week now and for some reason that sudden realization was a little bit heart wrenching. She was on the very verge of turning to run away when the door opened and she froze in place with one foot over to the side about to turn away from the door as she bit her bottom lip nervously. As the door opened up the reveal Viggo she stared up at him in utter silence for a moment, frozen by her nervousness as he seemed surprised to find her as the one knocking at his door. Swallowing she finally seemed to remmeber that she required oxygen and took in a soft breath, "Viggo..." it was barely loud enough to be called a whisper. It took a moment before she even realized that he wasn't wearing a shirt, it was just so good to even see him again that it hadn't caught her attention right away but she felt her face warm just a little bit more as she took note of the fact. It wasn't like seeing a shirtless guy was anything amazing really but seeing Viggo shirtless was something she enjoyed although his cybernetic arm was the next thing to catch her eye and her face seemed to sadden slightly as she looked over the attachment. Her eyes however widened just a touch as the incubus suddenly knelt down in front of her inquiring about what had happened as he seemed to look over her bandaged leg.

Luma's pale cheeks pinkened a little as she realized how close he was knelt down there in front of her like that, had he tried he could have easily looked up her characteristically short skirt but that obviously wasn't his intent at the moment. Swallowing softly again her gaze softened more as he asked if she was alright, giving him a small nod, "It's nothing too bad, just a scrape from some ice during our escape, I shall be fine..." she said softly, reaching a hand towards him to brush it gently through his soft black hair and down the side of his head and across his shoulder to where his skin met the metal plating of his cybernetic arm, a sad frown coming to her again as she looked at the prosthesis. Lifting her gaze to his again she gave a faint smile, "It's all a long story really. May I come in? I... I have many things I wish to dscuss with you if you have the time to spare." she requested gently. She didn't want to intrude but there was much for them to talk about and she would much prefer to do so in privacy rather than in the hallway.

Lumanaria’s Theme – Scarlet Onlooker

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
}{ Viggo Leucetius }{

Viggo looked up to the petite vampiress ahead as she explained that she was alright, a sigh of relief leaving him once she told him of the ice. "Well, you be sure to lemme know if ice gives you any more trouble, okay? I'll smash it up in an instant." he joked with a pleasant smile, noticing her saddened expression as she looked at his arm, he gave a concerned frown, before looking to his arm and turning a little as though to hide it. He had opened his mouth in preparation to tell her not to worry about it, and that it wasn't so bad actually, but his mind had ran over the possibility that it would push her away from him and he suddenly became rather conscious about it. The little vampire asked if she could come in and the Incubus blinked at her uncertainly. "Wh-where..?" he asked, before glancing up at his doorframe and back down at her. "O-oh! Right, duh, my bad. M-my room, sure, y-yeah, of course." needless to say Viggo had never had a girl in his room before, so it was a new thing for him, normally he wouldn't have cared too much or made a big deal, but Luma was, well, special. Inviting her inside, he stepped back from the door and moved into the room itself. "Sorry, kind of a mess..." he commented, though the room was actually rather well taken care of, sure certain things could have been cleaned, but for the most part it looked fine. Taking a seat on his bed, he paused, before looking to Luma curiously. "Oh, uhm, did you want something to drink? If you just got back, you're probably kinda thirsty. Wait, that actually sounds sorta creepy, dammit, I mean if you'd rather not then that's cool, I just wanted to make the offer...christ, I sound like Ikuto over here." he commented, raising a gloved hand to his forehead. Suddenly, he got to his feet.

"Oh hell, you're probably pretty worn out, huh? If you wanted, you could lay on the bed, I'll just sit somewhere...agh crap, that just sounds even creepier.." the young man said, growing increasingly troubled at the awkward nature he was slipping into due to the situation, which was somewhat unlike him, though with Luma around his behaviour usually took some sort of change. He had to make an effort for her, after all. Deciding it would be best to change the focus, he glanced at his arm. "As you can see, I'm all fixed up. Just gotta work out some of the kinks. It, ah..." he glanced away for a moment, attempting to say what he had failed to before. "It's actually not so bad, y'know? I'm just grateful to have a limb back. Not to mention, as far as replacements go, this one does look pretty badass. Should make me more capable in a fight, too. Pretty sure no guy in the academy's gonna wanna go up against a punch from me now, hahah." he commented, trying to hide it a little less as he patted the forearm of the cybernetic limb. Looking back to the blonde girl, his grey eyes met her crimson ones. "So, what were you wanting to talk about? You can tell me anything, and I've got all the time in the world." he managed a smile, though that faltered as he thought too much about what he'd just said. While his arm had improved his overall health and technically saved his life, he was still treading thin ice, and it wouldn't be long now until he was hanging by a thread. However, his smile soon returned. Viggo wouldn't give up. He'd made it this long. Why couldn't he keep going?

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image

Lumanaria gave a soft chuckle as Viggo offered to smash any ice for her in the future, amusingly enough the topic made a decent.. ice-breaker after so long apart. She felt her nervousness lessening a bit as she enjoyed being able to be there with him again, unfortunately there was still the matter of everything they needed to discuss and that was going to be a little complicated. The blonde couldn't help but smile and shake her head a little at Viggo's moment of confusion when she'd ask to come in, it at least helped to distract for the moment from the fact he seemed to be almost trying to hide his arm from her, placing a bit of awkward tension there. As he held the door open and let her in she stepped into his dorm room and glanced around a little, she'd not been in the boys dorms before, the only real difference however seemed to be down to decor rather than layout at all. Glancing back at him as he apologized for the mess she smiled and shook her head slightly, "It's quite alright, I realize this was a very unexpected visit. Besides, my own room is quite a bit messier, I've been a bit disorganized of late, I was planning to clean it when we got back but I think I'll be procrastinating on that a while longer yet." she explained with a soft laugh. Watching the incubus as he moved to sit on his bed she stood there a moment as she tried to think of what to say but he broke the brief silence again. "Oh, that's alright, I'm fine for now." she said with dismissive wave of her hand before he suddenly stood back up. His strange and somewhat embarrassing offer drew a soft nervous sort of laugh from the vampire as she smiled at him, he was being so awkward it was oddly cute but right now she was unfortunately quite overwhelmed with many thoughts so wasn't able to enjoy it or even poke fun at him for it in the same manner she usually would have.

"We can both sit if you like." she suggested, moving to perch upon the edge of his bed and patting where he had been seated upon it a moment ago. She left a few feet between them so that they could look at one another while they talked and looked to his arm as he spoke of it. Her crimson eyes seemed saddened slightly but she gave a smile that was sincere though small, "Yes, you seem to be doing much better than before, I'm very glad. Reiko told me that Ryuu says you've been recovering very well." she nodded before he went on. She swallowed softly and glanced back down at the limb again for a moment then back up to meet his grey eyes, summoning another small smile that still held a bit of sadness but was none the less heartfelt, "It... if very unfortunate to ever need such a thing but.. I'm very glad that you're doing so well Viggo." said the petite girl gently. Luma gave another of those nervous sounding laughs and her smile widened just a bit, "Well, it does seem to suit you somehow." she admitted. She didn't like to think about the reasons behind the replacement, but she was glad that he was adjusting well and that he'd been able to receive the cybernetic arm to begin with, and it was very finely crafted, she had to credit Ryuu with that much for certain, he had done very well and she would be forever grateful to him for it. Letting silence drift between them again for a moment she was lost to momentary thought until his voice drew her from it once more and she gazed at him quietly, glancing away slightly and swallowing softly. The same thoughts were not lost upon her now or during all of her time spent thinking, she was well aware of Viggo's degrading condition and that he was likely growing shorter and shorter on time, she had however done her best not to let that become a factor in her decision making as far as things between them went.

Clearing her throat softly she decided it was time to get down to business as it were, "Well... I've... I've been thinking a lot before and during our time away on the mission... a-about, well, about u-us I suppose.." she couldn't meet his gaze right now she was far too nervous and her pale slender hands clutched the edge of the bed at either side of her as she swallowed again before continuing. "W-well, um... I-if you recall when you, um, when you k-kissed me... a-and well... I just, I thought perhaps we should determine if there is to be something more between us given certain circumstances, this is of course assuming that you would be interested in such a thing and that I'm not making a huge fool of myself right now." red eyes clenched shut as she rambled on in an embarrassed manner that was most unlike her usual bold and flirtateous nature. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly she opened one eye and turned her head just enough to spare a brief glance towards the young man before looking quickly away again. "S-so, on that subject matter there are things that I would not feel comfortable making such a decision about with you until I am certain you are fully aware of. Unfortunately due to many circumstances present it is not so simple as just making the choice, there are in fact many important variables to consider and I would prefer that we take the time to review them and give them thought before rushing to any conclusion, whichever it might be." Luma said as she paused a moment to take another breath before continuing. "I... I suppose that we should start off with the most important things first. As you are aware already, I contain Shingai DNA inside of me, it is what gives me my powers of darkness and what nearly killed me once already. I, well... I need you to know that there is a risk, possibly a high one that by the end of this... Once we have completed the cleansing, that it willl... kill me." the girl said, giving it a moment to sink in before she continued. "It's not a guarantee, we aren't at all certain what will happen to me, but that risk is there and after my reaction during the activation of the pillar during this last mission.. It's a fear that is growing inside of me..." she stared down at the floor as her voice grew weaker. "I... I would not want... would not want to leave you behind like that..." her voice broke and she had to take a moment to try and collect herself, there was still more to speak of, she couldn't just break down right now.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
}{ Viggo Leucetius }{

Nodding to Luma as she decided to sit beside him, he sat back down, looking to her as she went on to speak of her thoughts, which she had apparently been dwelling on for some time. He frowned a little as she mentioned Reiko. "Oh, then you've been to see her already, that's good. I...I'm sorry, about what happened to her. I know you two were close friends, I figure you were probably hit the hardest by that." he told her in a gentle tone. Raising a brow as she mentioned the two of them specifically, he tilted his head slightly before she mentioned the moment he kissed her. Quickly, he raised a hand to the side of his head, glancing away. "Oh god, I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just...I-I mean it isn't right for someone to suddenly..I should have, I don't know, done something else, I..." he made an apology but as she continued it seemed that wasn't what she was looking for, at all. "Something...more...?" he asked softly, grey eyes filled with curiosity and, after a moment, hope. "A-Are you...really..? W-well...yeah, I uhm, I would be interested, o-of course I would..." he stated quietly but honestly, voice becoming uncharacteristically small as he glanced around nervously. He had to admit, this was, to an extent, amusing, this was such a mouthful for her to ask him out. But he wouldn't complain, whatever she wanted to tell him, he would hear her out, whatever it was. He found happiness starting to flow into him as the situation dawned on him - was Luma admitting having feelings for him? Was she really wishing to pursue a relationship with him? Or was he getting the wrong idea?

Unfortunately, on that disappointing note, Luma revealed the situation regarding her Shingai DNA. "What...?" he asked in a whisper of disbelief, as fear began to swell within him. Getting to his feet again he paced briefly before shaking his head. "Then screw the cleansing, and screw the pillars! Screw that godforsaken thing in Emeli's hand, there has to be another way, I'm not gonna dance to their goddamn tune!" he exclaimed, becoming frantic and erratic. There had to be something else, he didn't want to risk losing her. "You...you mean the most to me Luma, more than anything or anyone else ever has. Not that...I would blame you, if...if it did..." he trailed off, swallowing a little as his voice had begun to break a little. "I am not going to let anything happen to you, Lumanaria. Hell, seeing to that alone is enough to keep me going. And hey..." he gently reached to take her hand in his, deciding to sit back down beside her. "You ask me, not taking an important chance in the first place is the real loss. In the end, whatever happens you won't have any losses to count, if you at least tried, 'cause in the end, that's all we can do, there's not really such a thing as winning in this life, but giving it your best damned shot, now that's a way to live." he told the young woman with a confident smile and a warmth in his eyes, the Incubus moving to gently embrace Luma.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image

"Heh, yes, well I rushed off to see her first thing when Ryuu told us she had woken up." Luma had admitted with a soft chuckle. She felt a bit bad for having not informed Viggo that they were back first but all things considered it wasn't really a surprise that her first priority had been to check on her friend. She'd glanced away a little at the mention of Reiko's condition and nodded slightly, "I'm just glad that she'll be alright... Ryuu said her memory should hopefully return and that is good, but even if it doesn't it is just good to know that she is awake and recovering well." the girl said softly before they concluded that subject for the time being, there would be plenty more time for them to speak of Reiko and the others and even of the mission, for now she wanted to discuss more personal matters after all. His apologies about the kiss made the blonde shake her head, her somewhat disheveled lock shifting side to side with the motion, "Don't be..." she didn't want any apologies for it at all. It had actually been one of the best moments of her life and she certainly didn't need him to be sorry for that, the only reason she could ever want an apology for it would have been had he not meant it but she was quite convinced that was not the case. She was relieved to hear his admission that he would be interested in there being something more between the two of them, she'd thought as much already of course but considering her lack of experience with this or even anything at all similar, it was good to know for certain where they stood on these things.

Truth be told she had a lot of difficulty with this stuff, it was all so new and unknown to her, she'd only had considerably less years than everyone else to begin living something resembling a normal life, friendships and other relations were things she was still growing accustomed to. The dainty vampiress had certainly never felt this way in her life before so she wasn't used to how to handle it or how one was meant to truly act under such circumstances, all that she had were her instincts and what she'd gathered from observing others which left her very inexperienced and very nervous. His reaction to the risks she explained due to her mixed blood made her flinch a little as she shifted her gaze back to the floor after having watched the young man stand from the bed to pace. "That's just not an option. If we don't do all of this then it will be Emeli's life instead of mine, and that one will be a certainty. That's not a trade I'd ever be willing to make, and I know that you wouldn't either." she said softly as she stared down at the floor. It was undeniably touching that he wanted so badly to avoid such risks to keep her safe and she appreciated that deeply, but they both knew that such things couldn't be avoided given the situation they were in. Her gaze lifted from the dmeons floor to level on him as he carried on, his words made her red eyes glimmer faintly as she teared up slightly though they remained unshed. She could scarecely believe that he truly felt so strongly about her and it made her heart swell even as it formed a lump in her throat, she found that he was giving voice to everything she'd concluded about her own feelings for him. It hurt to see him so distraught though she could certainly not blame him for it, the idea of his impending fate always weighed so heavily upon her and she wanted so badly to be able to do something to stop it, but it was a complicated situation. Such a thing could only happen if they were together, but she did not want to be with him solely to save him and did not want him to think so even for a moment.

Swallowing softly she appreciated his intent to keep anything from happening to her though she wasn't entirely certain what he could actually do to prevent it when it came down to it, his intentions alone were enough for her right now. Luma looked down as his hand found hers and he sat beside her again, her gaze lifting to his again as he spoke and she found her hand grasping his gently as his words warmed her heart. He was at least apparently willing to take such risks, or at least he felt he was right now, that was a good sign but she was not finished yet and she would want to leave them both a bit of time to think over all that they spoke of here before they made an real decisions. As his arm pulled her close the blonde found her eyes closing as she buried her face against him and hugged him back gently. "Viggo..." she whispered softly as she held him close. Despite having only been a little over a week it felt as though it had been an eternity since she had last hugged the incubus and she relished it with every ounce of her being right now. Turning her head she nuzzled her cheek against his shoulder softly as her eyes opened a little, finding herself gazing down at his cybernetic arm she shifted slightly. Acting without thought she moved to press her soft lips gently to where metal met skin as a hand stroked soothingly down his bare back and she gave a soft sigh against him. After a moment she knew that she had to continue their discussion before she lost sight of it entirely, there were still things that she wanted to get out in the open now rather than find them presenting a nasty surprise for either of them in the furture.

Slowly easing their embrace she finally released him and sat back slightly, lifting her eyes to meet his gaze and hold it for a moment as she swallowed at that lump in her throat. "There... There are a few other things I wanted to speak with you about before any decisions are to be made, some things I would rather you learn about now rather than be suprised by later." she said softly, voice soft and almost weak sounding at first though it grew slowly to a more normal level again. Turning slightly to face him a little more fully she had to force herself to keep meeting his gaze rather than to look away in nervousness as she prepared herself. "Well, I have told you already of my past, my origins, and more or less what was done to me." she paused a moment and reached for her purse where it was strapped to her belt. Opening it up she reached in and retrieved a folded and somewhat worn looking bundle of papers and unfolded it before holding it out towards him. Atop the sheets of paper was a photograph, a girl who looked only a touch younger than Luma appeared to, she lay on a medical table dressed in something comparable to a plain black one piece with her hair shaved in a buzzcut though it looked to be blonde. The girls brown eyes looked vacant and soulless almost, blank save for some deep barely visible sadness. It was Luma. Some thick medical tube of some kinda was secured to the back of her neck holding her in place as it cycled some dark disgusting looking fluid through her, various other IV's and sensors stuck into her arms like pincushions. The pages weres documentations on her physical attributes and her status over preiods of time along with decriptions of a few of the procedures and tests she had been run through, it wasn't everything she'd gotten from her file in that place but it was a sample of it. The front page marked with a large red stamp that read "Failure." He didn't need to take the time to read through, she had just wanted to present him with the chance to get a look at some of it, and at her, or what she had once been at least.

After handing him the papers Luma reached up behind herself and began to undo the back of her dress a little as she stood and turned away from him. Slowly and with obvious reluctance she moved her hands and pulled back her dress enough to reveal the back of her neck, the spot that she would often rub self consciously and always kept hidden from view with either her hair or her outfits. There was a large ugly scar there, what had once been a puncture set deeply into a circular set of grooves where the large tubing had been connected in the picture, it had been there countless times during her youth, she could not even remember a time when it had not been stabbed frequently into her, so often had it been punctured into her neck that it had left such terrible scars. As she clutched the front of her dress to hold it up in place, head tilted forward to allow a clear view, it was obvious that Luma was shaking. The blonde was trembling with her eyes scrunched tightly shut with tears threatening to spill forth, she was afraid of what his reaction might be, she knew how ugly the scars were and she had always hidden them. They were the one thing that she was most self conscious about and had never shown to anyone since her recovery after she'd been discarded as a failure. The bite marks on her neck were nothing compared to this, it was nearly a disfigurement and the one thing that she feared most right now was to hear a negative reaction from Viggo.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
}{ Viggo Leucetius }{

Viggo sighed softly as Luma declared that both she and himself wouldn't be willing to trade Emeli's life for hers. If he had to choose, the Incubus would have ended up being selfish and choosing Luma in a heartbeat, not to say it wasn't a difficult choice, he would live in guilt for the rest of his days and Hiroki would possibly try to kill him outright, but unfortunately Viggo wasn't a good guy in every aspect, he'd be just as quick to condemn the world to damnation for the sake of the one he loved as he would be to save it. Unfortunately, the needs of the many meant little to him, in that regard, he was selfish. "I...I know.." he concluded quietly with a soft sigh. During their embrace, he also closed his eyes as she had, thoroughly enjoying the hug, it had felt like it had been far too long, too long had he merely held onto a picture of her, but now she was here, so close and in a sense, joined with him. The sensation of her lips pressing to his shoulder caused one of his eyes to part slightly, a faint blush coming to his cheeks as he took note of how warm and soft they felt, just as he remembered. And he would never complain about her kissing him, for some reason it simply felt natural at this point, that technically meant they probably should have been a couple but that was what they were discussing after all, he was pretty sure anyway, it hadn't really been stated outright in such a blunt manner. The vampiress then mentioned having more to speak to him about, and he shuffled a little where he sat, moving so that he was facing her more. She brought up her past and he swallowed a little, nodding, he didn't like to think that her own parents could have treated their daughter like that, some people were less human than he was, but regardless he wanted to face what she needed to tell him, he had to. Then she revealed the papers, his eyes growing wide as he read 'failure' and saw the picture of the girl on the page. Making eye contact with the girl all sound faded from Viggo's world as his breathing came to a halt. For what felt like an eternity he simply sat there, frozen, before closing his eyes tightly. Despair, rage, and nausea filled him all at once, and once his eyes opened they had turned to their more demonic state, though tears had clearly gathered in them. The blonde girl then turned her back to him in order to reveal the scar on her neck. He didn't know how to describe it. The scar itself was of course ugly, not in the sense that it made Luma unattractive in any way, but in the sense that it was the result of years of abuse. Something that should never have happened to her.

Finally, his breathing began to return to him, first in short, shallow breaths. Slowly, he reached out to gently rest his hand upon the back of Luma's neck, though he had to admit he was actually somewhat afraid to for fear of accidentally hurting her somehow. "You aren't the failure...you aren't the monster..." he whispered to her, his breathing becoming faster and more erratic. Getting to his feet he turned, he needed to direct his growing fury at something and he wasn't about to let it be her. "They're the failures! They're the monsters! Those bastards....bastaaaards!!" he began to scream, lifting his cybernetic arm to slam on the wall leading to his closet again and again. "Why!? Why do these horrible things always happen to good people!? I'll kill them!! It's not fair!!" he cried, pulling his arm back to punch it clean through the wall with a loud crash. Finally, he began to calm down. Slowly pulling his arm from the opening in the wall, he turned to press his back to it, slowly sliding downwards weakly. "It's not..fair..." he murmured, eyes returning to normal. Well, at least Ryuu could know he was exercising his arm quite a bit. That said he would likely b***h about the means, but that wasn't important. Unfortunately Viggo's earlier nausea had began to catch up with him, the Incubus getting to his feet and feebly throwing himself over the sink nearby, forced to throw up a little as his mind dwelled on the horror of it all, the living hell Luma had endured as a mere child. Wiping his mouth on a tissue and throwing it in the trash he fell to his knees, barely managing to shuffle towards Luma where he gently embraced her with his arms resting upon her hips, eyes closed as he came close to crying again. "Oh god...I'm so sorry Luma...I'm so sorry...I promise I would never think less of you for a scar that you never wanted, you'll always be the same Shortcake in my eyes, nothing's gonna change that..."

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image

Lumanaria felt like the silence stretched on forever while she stood there displaying her scar to Viggo but it was only a moment in truth that passed before she felt his hand against the back of her neck and almost flinched. It didn't hurt, honestly the skin there was so scarred up it had little sensation compared to the rest of her, but she could feel his fingers touching her and though it wasn't physically painful at all it made her feel frightened almost. Not of him, she wasn't scared of Viggo, but of what he must think of it, she'd hidden it so long it felt strange to have someone touch it and though his gentle touch was somewhat comforting she still found herself at the same time quite terrified about it. He spoke softly and she listened though she did not turn to him, but then his hand was gone as he turned away from her and began to shout and scream, despite knowing that his words were not at all aimed at her she still flinched, the tears that had been gathering in her eyes spilling down her cheeks. Every time his fist slammed into the wall she winced slightly, eyes opening a tiny fraction though she didn't dare to look over at the enraged incubus as he vented his anger. She felt terribly for upsetting him so much, the last thing that she wanted was to make him angry or sad, even if it weren't directed at her, but she understood that this was something that needed to be faced before they could carry on. It was definitely better that he go through this now rather than later when they weren't prepared for something like this. Hearing him wretching in the sink she did her best not to take it personally, but some part of her still feared that he found the scar and by extension her too disturbing and ugly to handle and that was a deeply hurtful thought. Swallowing hard she kept it together, he'd been defending her, but even so she couldn't help but worry this might be too much for him to deal with, it might turn him away from her.

As he shuffled on his knees towards her she stiffened slightly as though awaiting something bad but she was instead met with his arms closing around her hips as he hugged her close and spoke to her. She could hear the emotion in his voice, he was close to crying but he managed to refrain and she gazed down at him quietly as her body began to ease up slowly. Lowering a hand from her chest she slowly moved it to gently stroke through his hair before it rested at the back of his head, her other moving to wrap around his shoulders as she hugged him against herself. His head being held to her stomach and chest held her dress in place for now as she let out a soft sob before she began to sink down in front of him. Resting her head against his shoulder as she knelt in front of him she hugged him tightly, the warmth and tenderness of their embrace helping to ease her sorrow and her fears. "Oh Viggo... I... I...." the little vampire choked up and found she couldn't say it, falling silent again for a moment as she just held him close. "Th-thank you..." she whispered at last. He helped her to feel safe and secure, even about the one thing she'd always felt the worst about, it would take time before she was comfortable enough with herself to stop hiding the scars, but he at least helped her to feel a little more at home in her own skin. One hand stroked softly at his back as the other shifted to gently trace delicate fingers across part of the metalic structure of his arm. They were both marked by their experiences and would live the rest of their lives with those marks, but as they said, what didn't kill you made you stronger, neither of them seemed to be detered by the others 'battle scars' as it were. For some reason him calling her Shortcake made her smile ever so slightly despite it all, she'd always liked him calling her that for some reason, it made her feel good.

Between that and their embrace she started to feel a little better, giving a soft sigh after a bit and slowly pulling back from the black haired young man she looked up at him and had to fight back the overwhelming urge to kiss him. Her dress shifting down a bit drew her attention as she moved a hand to hold the garment up, it wasn't exactly at risk of showing a whole lot, just the upper part of her chest, but it brought something else to mind as she looked down at herself. "I-I... Well, I know that I'm very short and, I'm not as... filled out... as Emeli or the other girls..." honestly Emeli was a very high milestone to be trying to compare herself to as far as that went. The healer was actually very developed in the upper region, much more so than anyone else on their team, surprising perhaps considering her shy and sweet nature. Luma had however been made quite aware of just how busty the girl was during this last mission, despite the fact that she often seemed to play down her body with a sweater and patched up pants she was actually very womanly. "B-but I... I can assure you that... though perhaps not very amply so, I'm perfectly well developed... I-I... I hope I'm.. appealing enough..." her voice was barely audible and only grew smaller as she stared off to the side and fidgetted slightly, her face red with embarrassment. They'd gotten through the more important matters now but she supposed she should also speak about any other insecurities she had before any conclusions were drawn. Viggo was just as free of course to bring up anything that he felt should be made known to her before hand as well. "I-I.. u-um, i-is there anything you feel I should know too..?" she asked softly, managing to get herself to glance briefly up at him.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
}{ Viggo Leucetius }{

Viggo managed a weak but genuine smile as Luma moved to embrace him in return and even thanked him, he could never think of her as ugly or disturbing, certainly not due to some scar, no matter how bad the scar itself was, that was like someone having an ugly tattoo, it wasn't a true part of their body, and therefor not a part of them. Watching as she pulled away, he was grateful that he seemed to have helped her feel better, and he stayed close to her, soon enough the vampiress was pointing out certain details about herself and the Incubus rose a brow. "You're kiddin' me, don't tell me you're actually worried about that stuff." he told her with a light chuckle, wiping his eyes a little. "That's so unlike you, girl." he commented in a light-hearted manner, he certainly wasn't criticizing her, it was a surprise but not an unpleasant one, it was neutral, amusing if anything. He playfully rose a hand to gently poke the blonde girl's soft cheek. "Like any of that matters, doesn't make you any less or more of a woman or person in my eyes." he told her honestly, then giving her question some thought. "Well...I was worried, at first, that what happened with my sister might cause me to freak out about stuff like this, but, actually now that we're, well, here, things simply feel so different that I make no connection, not to mention you've already gone way further than she ever did with me, aheh." he told her, his own words reminding him of the various flirty actions and such that the little vampire had carried out upon him over the time that they had known one another. "I'm glad you're in my life, Luma. Honestly sometimes I wonder if I dreamed you up or not, if maybe you're a hallucination I came up with in my unwell state, but I'm so glad to know you aren't. I...well, thank you, Luma." he spoke softly, that was kind of out of the blue but he had felt the need to say it for some reason and so he did.

"Uh, other than that, well, if this is heading...where I think it's heading, then I'm really new to this, so I'm not sure about alot of stuff about myself, but something tells me that given how I am, if you and me were to...y'know...well, be a uh...c-couple, uhm, I'd be sorta protective. Like, really bad. Probably not quite as bad as Hiroki, but still. Losing you would be my biggest fear - heh, as if it isn't already, but you know what I mean - and I'd likely get jealous waaaay too easy." he paused, taking a moment to consider his own flaws as he thought them over for a moment. "I'm naive, stubborn, even a little selfish in some regards, way too judgemental, quick to jump to conclusions, basically the epitome of childish, even if it doesn't always show. I'm an idiot, but loyalty is something I care about most, you have my absolute word I would never be..." his hands became fists for a moment as he glanced away, narrowing his eyes. "Unfaithful, or anything wretched like that." he promised, looking to the door as he heard a knock. "Uh, hey, Viggo? Is there a girl in there with you? Ah, sorry about this, someone from your team wanted to let her know that someone's memory came back to them, I think they said their name was, Reiko or something?" the voice of another male student called from the other side of the doorway. "Anyway, they said she was let outta the medical wing pretty quick, wanted to meet outside the gym I think, probably shouldn't keep her waiting considering how cold it is. Sorry if I interrupted anything, I'll get going." and soon enough, he was gone. Viggo looked to Luma with a curious but pleasant expression. Reiko had made such a sudden recovery? He supposed that made sense to an extent considering the enigmatic nature of amnesia, and gave the pale woman a calm smile. "Whaddya wanna do, Shortcake? It's all up to you, I'll follow your lead wherever ya take me." he grinned, though he didn't mean that quite literally, he didn't actually expect her to take him with her wherever she went. But, if ever she did wanna be with him, wherever they were, he'd be fine with it. He'd more so meant it to express that she was free to make her own choices, as he was aware that she wouldn't make any such choice with the intention of harming him, physically or otherwise.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image

Lumanaria fidgetted all the more as Viggo seemed surprised and disbelieving that she was worried about such things, "I'm only human.. metaphorically speaking..." she mumbled self consciously. As he poked her cheek she glanced at him briefly before looking away again shyly, her pale skin still pinkened by her blush. On the one hand his response about it made her feel a little bit better, but at the same time it kind of felt more like avoiding than an answer, he could say that he didn't care or things like that, but she just wanted to know that he enjoyed the way she looked. For now she let it be however, the point of this conversation wasn't to get answers or reactions from one another right away it was merely to get the important information out there and give them both time to think it all over before they made their choices together. The mention of Viggo's sister caused her embarrassed look to slowly fade into a more distant expression, she didn't like to think about that but he was bringing up something that she hadn't even considered and she found herself suddenly feeling quite guilty. Sinking down from her knees onto her butt she frowned up at the incubus and then looked away again, "I-I'm sorry... I-I hadn't even... I'm sorry.. I never meant to force anything on you that you might not want..." though he had just stated that he didn't make the connection between her and his sister she couldn't help feeling like a comparison had been drawn. The fact that she'd gone further than his sister apparently had made her realize that she had never stopped to consider if he had wanted any of it, and that made her feel quite badly.

The last thing that Luma ever wanted was to do something comparable to his sister to Viggo, sure in the beginning much of her actions had stemmed from merely enjoying working people up and pushing their buttons a little but she'd never intended to make it anything too serious. Had she known that she was making someone truly uncomfortable at all she would have stopped as that was never her intention at all, and of them all Viggo was certainly the last person that she ever wanted to do that sort of thing to. The black haired young man was very deeply important to her and she couldn't bear the idea of having possibly done such a thing to him. He however didn't seem to be upset at her, in fact he began to talk about how glad he was to have her in his life and she found her fears dwindling a little and when he thanked her she risked a glance up at him, seeing his kind and gentle face she gave a soft noise and moved forward to hug him again for a moment. She wanted to say something, it rose inside her and her lips parted but nothing came out, she couldn't say it right now she was too nervous still, there was so much to consider and she found herself worried about what he might say despite his positive reactions so far. Closing her mouth she released the hug and settled back again as she looked up at the demon again, her cheeks colored slightly again as he spoke of them being a couple, that was of course the whole point of this conversation but stating it so boldly made her a little shy. She glanced away a bit again and fiddled with the ribbon on the front of her dress as he admitted he would likely be very protective and easily jealous, she wanted to say that she probably wouldn't mind and that she in fact might even kind of enjoy it but all that came to her was a small nod. She would keep it in consideration, looking up at the incubus again she listened as he went on to list off more things about himself, nodding and then giving her head a slight shake, "I would never think such a thing of you." she assured him.

Luma would definitely never think that Viggo would ever be unfaithful, he wasn't the sort of person to do something like that and she wanted him to know that he didn't need to worry about her ever thinking something like that. Glancing down she took a second to think, "I'm.. well, I'm me, I flirt and I tease and I do silly things, normally they mean nothing but.. well I've stopped doing them anyway.. well, with anyone else..." her voice grew quieter before she swallowed softly and looked back up at him. "I would certainly no longer do such things with anyone else regardless if you and I were... t-together..." she said. Clearing her throat softly the blonde spoke again, "I, well I would likely be very protective and jealous myself." she admitted before the knock at the door sounded and she looked over. Listening curiously with a lifted brow she looked to Viggo as the boy on the other side of the door asked if he had a girl in his room with him, a faint smile with a little hint of her usual playfulness coming to her lips as the possible implications of having her in his room occurred to her. Her expression quickly changed to one of surprise and excitement as the boy explained that he'd been asked to come and let her know that someones memory had come back, he had to of been talking about Reiko. Ah, yes, and she wanted her to meet her now that she'd been let out of the infirmary? Looking to Viggo again it was obvious that she was elated at this news, something must have triggered some memories for the girl, perhaps her visit or something had kicked it into gear. The messengerboy had left and Luma smiled at Viggo, considering his question for a moment, "Well, I should go speak with Reiko, but we've both got all the important facts I think, enough to.. give it all full consideration." she said, face flushing slightly again.

"Whether you think you have your answer already or not, please just give it all some very serious thought, I.. well, it's just very important and... I want us to both be absolutely certain of whatever decision we make." the vampiress requested gently. Pushing herself slowly to her feet she gave a small smile down at him, "Whatever we decide, I promise I'll always be here for you Viggo. We can speak more on it in say an hour or two after I've spoken with Reiko?" she asked. Stepping towards him she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him for a moment, resting her face in his soft black hair and enjoying the embrace for a moment not really realizing that hugging him like this was sort of putting her chest in his face and as she wasn't currently holding the dress in place it had shifted down slightly though nothing was exposed beyond her upper chest. Luma found herself wanting badly to say something again but she stayed silent, instead just placing a gentle kiss on top of his head he might not have even noticed before she released him and with a smile and a little wave headed towards the door. She'd been tempted to do something like stroke one of his horns like she often did, but it didn't feel appropriate to do while they were trying to make decisions about their futures together. Opening the door she took a second to clasp the back fo her dress shut again as she remembered she'd not done so before stepping into the hall. "I'll see you in a bit love." she called back to the shirtless incubus. Well if someone saw that she'd been closing her dress and he was shirtless they might have gotten the wrong impression on the situation but such thoughts didn't cross her mind right now as she hurried out of the boys dorms and outside towards the gym, boots crunching in the snow. She was eager to see her friend and see what it was that she had remembered, unfortunately for her, Reiko wasn't going to be the one waiting there for her.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
π•½π–π–Šπ–† Κ›π–Žπ–†π–‰π–†

Rhea had been amused by the girly shriek that Faris had given when she'd pounced him to the floor, she was happy to see the boy again and glad to see him smiling and laughing considering he'd seemed pretty glum when she'd been folowing him. The fluffy brown dog gave a low growl as the blonde asked if she was turning into a girly girl, she'd simply tied it around her necklace so it would always be with her no matter what form she was in, a bow just happened to be the best way to keep it from hanging down too long and getting in the way. She was glad to see he was still wearing his as well, it had been a very thoughtful gift and she would always keep hers with her. As she sat beside him she seemed to huff, upturning her nose and looking away from him for a moment in an unimpressed manner as though to say 'was there ever any doubt?' before he was suddenly hugging her and she rested her head over his shoulder, reaching a paw up to rest it against his side to hug him back. Her fuzzy head nodded and then shook slightly against his shoulder at his questions and as he drew back and wiped at his eyes with his arm she leaned up to give his cheek another lick. Seeing Faris so down was depressing and if she knew what he was thinking she would likely have been telling him off for being so down on himself but she didn't know what was going through him mind so all that she could do right now was try and help the boy feel better. Standing up she shoved her nose against his stomach, nudging him lightly and leaning up to start licking at his face again and nuzzling him somewhat clumsily.

Rhea’s Theme – Anger of the Earth

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
// Thane Videl //

// The Twisted Shingai //

Thane smirked as he heard the sound of boots wading through the snow, waiting near the gym where Luma had been told to meet Reiko. As the dainty vampiress approached he met her gaze calmly, having abandoned his sinister smirk to appear less suspicious, at least for now. "Yo, you here to see Reiko? She wanted me to let you know that she'd be back in a minute, if you showed up before she got back anyway. Not sure what she ran off to do, though. She sure seemed to be in a hurry." he told her, actually doing so rather convincingly, arms folded as he leaned against the wall. "I was here to shoot some hoops inside, but I didn't realise the gym was closed today. Ah well." he cleared his throat a little, rubbing at his arms to warm himself up a bit, not that the cold affected him in actuality. "Damn, it's bitter today. Hey, I know we don't really talk much, I usually just hang with Yuu since me and him go way back, but I was wondering if you could put in a good word for me with Reiko? She's mighty pretty, I tried to ask her out earlier but I just couldn't word it right. I hear you have to move fast in this academy to land a relationship with a nice girl, most of 'em are already taken I think." he commented, making a bit of small talk to drop her guard if possible. "Anyway, guess I should be going, Yuu was hecka pushy about me getting some rest, you'd think he was my mom! Hahah!" he chuckled as he began to depart, but as he passed her he tapped her gently with one of his ice katars that slid out, resulting in the blonde girl feeling a wave of cold wash over her and feel as though she were trapped in ice.

Though she would only be very briefly paralyzed, a moment was all Thane needed. Drawing the syringe Yuuichi had given him, he jabbed it into Lumanaria's neck before injecting the glowing purple liquid into her. "Really sorry to have to do this little miss--pfff, no I'm not, I'd say I'm indifferent since this is just the boring part. What happens next is to die for! Ooh, pun intended! See, it's a pun because lots of people are gonna die soon! And I won't even have to lift a finger, it'll be all you! What is it that one-armed freak calls you again...shortcake? Ah friggen' hell, what a sap..." it was probably a good thing Luma had been temporarily paralyzed considering any sudden movements could have cut her neck open. Finally withdrawing the syringe and tossing it away, Thane cleared his throat. "Awaken, shortcake! Now, your first order of business, destroying the s**t outta this joke of an academy! Your only ally is me and me alone, got that?" he made sure to make Yuuichi exempt from that so that his cover remained solid. Besides, it'd be funny if he actually got torn apart by this girl. "So, anyone else you see 'round these here parts are to be turned into clam chowder, capiche? That means kill them. Kill them to death. While you're at it, wreck the entire place as much as they can, I don't want this place to be left standing or a single student left breathing, understand? Oh! Oh oh oh oh!" he hopped up and down like an excited schoolgirl. "And best of all - when you do run into that son of a b***h Incubus, your number one priority is to murder him with extreme prejudice. But please, by all means, take your time with it. Enjoy it. Savor it. You're a vampire, ain't ya? Why don't you drink his blood 'til his veins are empty?" he suggested, a devilish smile coming to him. "It'll be...fang-tastic! Ahahahah!! God, DAMMIT I am hilarious!" he cackled at his own terrible pun. "That's everything, get to it, chop chop! Literally!" he concluded Luma's 'briefing', sending her on a rampage upon the academy.

Playful Trader

User Image
User Image

Lumanaria slowed her pace as she approached the gym where she had been told to meet Reiko, frowning slightly as she looked about she didn't spot the other vampire in the area but perhaps she had just stepped out of sight or hadn't arrived yet herself. Noticing Thane was leaned against the wall of the building she came to a halt and looked to him as he spoke up. For a moment she wondered how the white haired young man knew that she'd come to see Reiko but as he spoke more and explained that she had left a message with him for her the girl gave a small nod of understanding. Furrowing her brow slightly the petite blonde wondered what her friend could have hurried off for, unfortunately unaware of that fact that she'd never actually arranged to meet togethere here in the first place. At this moment Reiko was sitting unaware in her infirmary room none the wiser that she had been indirectly used to ensnare her friend in a trap. "Hm, well thank you for letting me know, I hope that everything is alright." she told him, obviously both nervously excited at the prospect that Reiko might have remembered something important and also a little concerned. Glancing around it was rather quiet out today, as it was snowy most of the students had opted to stay inside but a few passed through the courtyard between buildings. Hearing Thane's voice again she let her crimson gaze return to settle on the young man, her stance shifting a little to a slightly more relaxed position as her boots crunched the snow quietly. Sparing a small smile she nodded a little, "Yes, I suppose it is quite cold." she agreed though despite the fact that she was wearing a dress as usual she didn't seem to be very much affected by the chill herself. Raising a brow slightly as he mentioned putting in a good word for him with Reiko she was a bit surprised as she wasn't aware he'd had an interest in the girl considering they likely hadn't gotten to know one another very well yet. "I... I suppose that I could try, though I'm not sure what my word would mean until she can remember me." she said with a bit of uncertainty.

She didn't honestly know Thane much herself so she didn't know that she'd have felt inclined to try and push the other blonde in his direction necessarily even if Reiko had remembered her, though she supposed that perhaps at least mentioning him couldn't do much harm. Thinking on his mention that one had to move fast if they wanted to have a good girlfriend in the academy she wanted to dispute it but looking at it for a moment she supposed that might be somewhat accurate. Emeli and Hiroki had gotten together quite fast and things between herself and Viggo while having not progressed to quite that degree had definitely been in the works in its own way for a bit now. Then there was what seemed to be a little bit of tension she'd noticed between Ikuto and Rhea, it seemed likely that the ice demon had taken a shine to the brunette. Having let her gaze wander a bit in her brief moment of though she looked to Thane again as he spoke of heading off, nodding up at him she had turned her head off to the side a little to look around again for any sign of Reiko as he began to walk past her. Unfortunately he had succeeded in getting her guard down and as his katar tapped against her she had been entirely unprepared for it. Blinking she'd started to turn to look at him but found herself quickly immobilized as the icy cold from his weapon crept rapidly across her skin to freeze her body helplessly in place. Eyes wide in surprise the dainty vampire stared at the young man as he began to make his villainous intentions known, she might have flinched as he jabbed the needle into her neck but she couldn't move. As the dark glowing purplish liquid was injected into her before he withdrew the syringe the vampire's body began to tremble involuntarily and her fangs extended as she bared her teeth. What had he done to her? She could feel the pull of the darkness both within and without her as the injection strengthened the shingai DNA inside her. Blackness bled across the sclera of her eyes and the shadows around them seemed to bow in towards them.

Despite the imbalance the girl might still have been able to maintain some control of herself had Thane not known her secret and used it against her. How he had learned it she had no idea, even Ikuto and the headmaster despite having been privy to the information had not been given the secret itself to using her training's full potential as a killer. As she heard Thane speaking however she felt her consciousness retreating until it felt as though she were merely the observer of someone elses distant dream. Slouching forward for a moment her tangled blonde hair hung across her face as she swayed slightly in place, the effects of Thane's ice katar having worn off. For a few minutes she stood slumped forward slightly, arms dangling limply at her sides as the disguised shingai gave his orders. Finally she straightened slowly up, red irises glowing as the shadows that had been slowly creeping towards her began to form up along her body, "Orders accepted, all threats will be eliminated." her voice sounded vacant even as it meshed with a darker echo of itself. In this state she gave no reaction to his puns and cruel humor, simply extracting her orders from his words. While under normal circumstances being placed into this 'mode' would have been entirely safe for all non-shingai since they were what she had been trained to eradicate as a weapon, when combined with the shingai blood inside herself overtaking her own it had served to reverse her conditioning. Stripped of her free will and with her purpose now inverted Luma had become a weapon for the shingai against the academy. Even as the shadows formed around her to completely shroud her body in a roiling mass of darkness she continued to pull more from all around, her abilities strengthened by the injection as she turned to survey the area.

A pair of students had been trudging through the snowy school grounds unaware of what was transpiring outside the gym. "Targets acquired, commencing extermination." as the vampire confirmed her orders she sounded nearly like a robot, so strictly trained. Raising a shadow enveloped hand in the direction of the two girls she sent darkness sweeping across the ground towards them where it wrapped around their ankles. Their cries of surprise quickly grew into shrieks of agony as the shadows that had gathered at their feet speared up to stab them both before retreating to let their bodies fall limp to the ground. It was only seconds before the first person came bursting from one of the buildings to see what was going on, and their blood curdling scream soon followed. As more people flooded out to try and help or see what was happening the writhing mass of shadows with glowing red eyes that was Luma drew both blades from her hips. The darkness that enshrouded her pulled her across the ground as it lifted her body up, her boots no longer touching the blood stained snow beneath her as she set upon the students all around. Even as she slashed and stabbed with her katana and wakizashi at one opponent her shadows assaulted others, ensnaring, slicing, clawing and slamming them away as the gloom lashed out every which way, constantly morphing its shape and recovering what it lost during attacks as she continued to siphon more of the shade from around them. It was only a matter of moments before the din of the combat could be easily heard all across the campus as the students and even a few of the staff tried to fight Luma off and protect themselves and the others from her. Their weapons and skills seemed to do them little good however as the blackness that engulfed the young woman seemed to protect her from their blows or at least obscured any damage they might have been doing as she gave no reactions of pain. Her glowing crimson gaze betrayed no remorse or concern as she slaughtered and wounded her many opponents, most would not have even recognized her so consumed in the darkness. "All threats will be eliminated." she repeated her orders as a shadowy claw pushed a limp body from her blade before she slashed it at another student without pause. Somewhere deep in the recesses of her mind Lumanaria was filled with a distant horror by what she was witnessing, unable to act of her own volition to stop the carnage and only dimly aware that she was even the one perpetrating it. Unfortunately the worst was yet to come.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
}{ Viggo Leucetius }{

Viggo had nodded with a gentle smile at Luma's decision, happy either way. "Sounds good to me. I promise I'll always be here for you too, Luma. Catchya later, shortcake." he waved farewell with a content expression, raising a brow as he caught sight of a friend of his, the one who had delivered the message from 'Reiko', speaking to another guy, who took note of the fact that Luma was closing her dress and he was shirtless, the two of them whispering suspicions between one another. This was probably gonna result in a few rumors, but thinking about it, Viggo didn't mind too much. He would deny them on the basis that they weren't true and also for Luma's sake, after all it wasn't exactly a very gentlemanly thing to do to simply allow rumors that intimate to fly around, sure if they had been together a while it wouldn't really hurt but they hadn't quite reached that stage and it was up in the air as to if they would, though personally the Incubus' choice was already made. Once the petite vampire had departed, he laid down to relax on his bed, placing his hands behind his head as he gave a calm sigh, thinking over the events of the day. Slowly, his grey eyes began to drift shut as he started to fall into a nap, soon resting quietly in his room in a light sleep. Some time later however, his eyes shot open at the sound of shrill screams outside. "What the hell..?" he rubbed his eyes before getting to his feet, moving to his window and taking a look outside. He frowned as he could see what looked like motionless bodies surrounding a mass of shadow. The worst part was, it was near the gym. That was where Luma had gone.

Without even taking the time to throw a shirt on he grabbed his scythe, kicking his door open and charging down the hall out of the boy's dorms. "Shingai bastards!!" he cried with his teeth bared, his friend from before calling after him. "Viggo! What's going on!?" he asked as the screaming outside grew constant. "Just tell everyone to stay in their rooms, Tatsuya! I've got this!" Viggo told him, not taking a single moment to even look at the guy as he kept running forward. Eventually he was sprinting for the shadowy figure itself, the carnage having spilled out into the corridors, something he was somewhat grateful for considering how cold he would have been without a shirt in the outdoors. Once he got close to the destruction he stopped in his tracks, now he could see for certain that the countless bodies littered around were not simply unconscious. These people, all students like him, were six feet under. The mere thought sent a terrified chill through him and sickened him to his stomach, so many young men and women had lost their lives in just a few moments. His fearful grey gaze focused on the dark apparition ahead. Throwing his arm out to the side, he gave a warning to the few students around who hadn't been attacked yet. "Everyone stand the hell back! I don't know what you are, but this is my goddamn academy, and--" his eyes widened as he fully took in the figure before him. Undoubtedly female, the delicate figure was disturbingly familiar. And then he heard her voice, stating that all threats would be eliminated. It was distorted, but it was her. "...Luma..?" he asked softly, caught off-guard so badly that he almost dropped his scythe. "No...this can't be right.." he whispered, suddenly interrupted by Thane's voice coming from behind him.

"Bingo! Ding ding ding! We have a winner folks! You were right the first time, horn-head. Guess what? Reiko didn't wanna meet her at the gym, it was me! And fun fact - I just gave her a dose of some purple s**t and now she's gone totally balls to the walls psycho! But that should make sense to you, shouldn't it? Think about it - her Shingai DNA, those wackjob experiments her parents carried out on her, of course a volatile little combination like that could be exploited. Your precious little shortcake just became the Shingai reaper, and you weren't even there to stop it. Some boyfriend you are, jackass. Oh, and in case you haven't realised, I never really was on your side. I'm actually a Shingai and I'm evil as s**t. Lemme tell ya, it is a blast!" the disguised Shingai laughed in deranged delight at the despair laid out before him, Viggo turning to swing his scythe at him with a roar of anger. However, Thane disappeared in a cloud of shadowy smoke. It seemed that had just been a fake, conjured up by his darkness abilities. The real Thane was still outside the gym quite a ways away at this point, calmly awaiting for when Viggo's allies would come to attack him and label him a traitor. Turning back around to face the shadowy being that was Luma, Viggo gave a guilty and fearful frown. "Luma...it can't be true..I..." he took a step forward, followed by another, his scythe lowered as he calmly tried to close distance between the two of them, reaching out a hand to her. "...No..." he whispered as he got a closer look. "It really is you..isn't it..? I..I'm so sorry...I should have.." he trailed off, normally he would be furious with Thane right now but Lumanaria was in a bad situation right now, all of his attention focused on her. "We can...we can fix this..we'll bring you back to normal, okay..?" he attempted to assure her as he drew closer, seeming to be reaching his hand out with the intention of gently placing it upon her cheek. But the fact of the matter was he likely wouldn't be able to get nearly that close to her, and he had to admit that immense darkness around her was pretty scary in it's own right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff