miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
Samantha Hartwell

Sam didn't know what to think about the look he gave her after reading her message. It wasn't a reassuring one. She now knew why after reading his message. Oh dear, that wasn't good. She looked back at the water, wondering what they should do. They could always go to a teacher and explain it was an accident. Surely he wouldn't get into trouble. She tilted her head, full of confusion when he tried to speak again. Dear Lord she could barely understand him. Stop soon was all she make out, She wasn't too sure.

She picked up her bag and motioned him to follow her. They would keep an eye on it from a far, no need to get even more wet. She led the way to slightly higher, and further that was important, ground. Once there, she began to write. Now would be a good time to apologize, she decided. We can watch the water from here, If it doesn't stop, we'll go to a teacher or headmaster and see if they could do anything. She stopped there, looking at the paper. Why was it harder to write down an apology than just saying it. She sighed, glancing at him.

She owed him an apology, she knew that. Or at least she felt she did. Tapping the pen a few times, she finally was able to force herself to write it down. And I'm sorry for getting mad at you. I didn't realize you couldn't hear me and I got mad when you wouldn't speak to me. So again, I'm sorry. She reluctantly handed over her notebook back to him, not daring to look at him.

OOC: Sorry took so long, had a family emergancy
Company: Ikaroa

Marion-san

Blessed Friend

Fancy Sharkette

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aiden CorielXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX
Master ofXXXG
r
a
v
i
t
y

The librarian sure wasn’t making this easy. As much as Aiden didn’t want to get himself into trouble, he wouldn’t let the librarian hurt Myuki’s feelings.

Making up a story quickly, Aiden interrupted the stern librarian. “Miss, it was all my fault. I didn’t realize that she had the book and … I splashed her. I’m sorry, but you should yell at me, not her.”

The older lady turned ever so slightly to change the audience of her rant, going on about the “folly of the younger generation” who had “no respect for literature” anymore. Aiden gave a slight smile to Myuki, trying to show her that he was okay with being subject to the wrath of the librarian and was glad that Myuki was not being yelled at anymore.

“Why are you smiling?! Do you think this is funny?!” The enraged librarian spoke rather loud, and Aiden was about to make a comment about how libraries should be quiet, but decided that a respectful response would be better. “No ma’am.”

Feeling: Relived
Company: Myuki

Phantom

12,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Myuki
"Taurus, grant me strength..."

Feeling a dizzying amount of guilt and relief, Myuki stood by, glancing at Aiden occationally as the librarian finally stopped yelling, picking up the book and striding away from them. Her low sensible heels tapped against the floor, but they soon faded into the whispery silence that filled the library. She was aware that some students were glancing around at their direction, but with detached interest. Myuki turned to look at him.

"Thank you.." She spoke quietly, and timidly "You didn't have to do that. She might make you pay a fee when she cools down."

Her right hand lifted to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear, a nervous habit she had picked up. Shifting from foot to foot, she hoped he would not be too put down by all that yelling. Her own ears were still ringing.

Sari1995

Fanatical Bibliophile

>>>>>>>>>>User Image
      tab tab tab tab
                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                        User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

His eyes stayed on the rising water, worriedly considering the implications of what he had done. Maybe calling the river down to fill his swimming hole was a stupid idea, but it was for the good of all the students… Would the headmistress actually believe that and let it slide though? That was the question. If he flooded the school… Unlikely.

After a long time (why did she keep hesitating? Was she writing something that insightful on the paper or what?), she handed the paper back, offering it to him without glancing at him once. He gave her a strange look, wishing he understood what was wrong, but eventually shrugged it off, and quickly found his answer.

Oh. Right. She was embarrassed. He offered her a reassuring smile, quickly picking up the pen and scrawling another note: Don’t worry about it. Really. You weren’t the first, and you certainly won’t be the last. Ignorance was the bane of his existence really. Shouting louder at a person who cannot understand you does not magically heal the hearing and allow the ears to work as they should. Sorry to admit that, but it’s the truth. And yet, people insisted on it. I’m just glad you understand now. My name is Ikaroa, by the way. He handed the notebook back to her, casting a worried glance at the water once more before verbally pronouncing his name for her, since it was one of the few words he could say without problem.

As far as his adoptive mother would tell him at least.

As he spoke, he signed, firstly fingerspelling and then showing her his sign name with a smile before gesturing to her, plainly asking for her name.

Just to note -- "Signing with someone" ; "Speech" ; No Quotes = Written.

xxxxxxxx can't wait for you to finally hear the truth
                                                    xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( if you listen to what your friends say. )
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELYxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELYxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELYxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELY
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTHxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTHxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTHxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTH
                                                                    ▰▰ how can you treat me like *that ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WHEN I ( GAVE ) YOU MY ALL
                      The Raven Rose

miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
Samantha Hartwell

Sam could see that he was really worried about the water. It did seem like it was slowing down, or maybe that was her wishful thinking. She relaxed a little when he gave her a smile after reading what she had put. That was definitely a relief. She hadn't insulted him or anything, which meant she could continue talking, or well writing she supposed, without a worry.

She smiled a bit at his response once he had finished. It was sad to hear that it was a common thing for him, having someone not understand he was deaf. But then again he couldn't just walk around with a sign that said 'I'm deaf' his whole life. Then people would probably just mess with him, which now that she got to know him, she would probably kick their butts. She listened as he pronounced his name, repeating it to herself a few times so she could remember. She watched as he began to move his hands while speaking. It took her a second that he was using sign language. She was on top of things today.

She was kind of happy though, her smile on her face being a dead give away. She finally socialized with someone here, though it was a rough start. She quickly wrote onto the notebook. Samantha, or Sam for short. Is your power all about water or can you do other things? She figured it was okay to ask, since they were in a magic school.

OOC:

Marion-san

Fanatical Bibliophile

>>>>>>>>>>User Image
      tab tab tab tab

Samantha? His eyes widened a little as he turned to study her for a long moment, curousity sweeping his features. You don’t strike me as a Samantha. Or a Sam. It is nice to meet you either way” he admitted, giving her a smile as he twisted the notebook so she could see.

When he was sure she had read that, he pulled the paper back to himself and began scrawling an answer to her second question. Magic. As far as I am aware, my magic does have its base in water. Seems to be tied to one of the Zodiac sporting the water element, like Aquarius, or maybe even the moon cycles. Not sure. My class had been trying to figure it out, but class was over before I had had a chance to explore mine. Not that it was a problem in any sense. Just a little annoying since he was curious. And… well. Now worried. Maybe if he knew his base, he could control it better, and not have the creek spilling out of the river’s banks.

That was a problem… Oh dear. It has to stop soon.

Right?

I haven’t tried to do other things yet, but I know there are other cool powers here. Like there’s a guy who can flatten you to the ground with his will. Gravity, he says. And of course, star fire. Water based powers don’t seem to be prevalent unfortunately… What can you do?

xxxxxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELYxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELYxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELYxxxxxxxYOU'RE GONNA BE LONELY
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTHxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTHxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTHxxxxxxxxxAND THAT'S THE TRUTH

The Raven Rose

miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
The Raven Rose
User Image
Samantha Hartwell

Sam gave a confused look when he studied her for a second. Did she say something wrong? That was kind of weird, all she said was her name and asked about his magic. She took the notebook once he was done studying her and writing something down, a little weirded out. She raised an eyebrow at his words. She didn't look like a Sam? What did that mean? Before she could write it down, he took the notebook again.

This time took a little longer for him to write what he wanted. He was most a water person? She didn't really have a set thing with her powers, perhaps it was because she techincally had two birthdays in a way. She was abandoned at a year old and no one was really sure when her birthday was, so they used the day she arrived as her birthday. Maybe that confused whatever powers she was suppose to have. Though the idea that a guy could flatten you with gravity was wild and really cool. She glanced at him when he asked what she could do. She thought about it for a second. Do you want to see or just be told? It was an honest question. She saw what he could do, he might want to see what she could. Plus her's wasn't as strong or worrisome like his was. They were simple and nothing fancy.

OOC:

Marion-san

Fanatical Bibliophile

>>>>>>>>>>User Image
      tab tab tab tab

She seemed to be deep in thought about his choice of words. He hoped he hadn’t offended her with his careless tact, telling her that she didn’t look like a Sam. Maybe he should tell her that his experience with people was beyond limited, and that the only Samantha he knew was her polar opposite in appearance. What more could he do though?

She returned the notebook before he could dwell on this too much, asking him if he wanted to see what she could do. He smiled, nodding his head, gesturing to her to please, show him! Seeing what others could do was always more reward—well. Usually. Just not when one was lit on fire or had scalding water poured on them… He bit his lip, hesitating, before quickly scrawling a note: It’s not… something dangerous… is it?

The Raven Rose

miskart's Wife

Devoted Bookworm

13,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
Samantha Hartwell

Sam smiled a little when he gestured for her to show him. She was a little excited. Only the little kids at the orphanage were interested in seeing what she could do. The adults and older kids would glare at her then lecture her about using her magic, even when she was healing a wound that one of the little kids had gotten. So being open about what she could do was different. She kept her laughter as best she could she he asked if it was dangerous. She smiled at him and shook her head. She had gotten pretty good control of the arrows, so no one would be hurt.

She did gesture him to step back though, just in case. When she was sure he was safe, she turned so her side was to him. Taking a deep breath, she readied her hand as she began to manifest an arrow out of thin air. She quickly snatched it then turned to him to show the arrow before it disappeared in her hand, leaving it's usual burning mark on it. She quickly gave a gesture to him not to freak at the burns then gestured him to follow. She walked close to the rising water, kneeling down. She waited for him to do so as well before putting her hand in the water, having the burns so they both could see them. A little concentration and the water began to heal the burns, the burns slowly disappearing before all that was left was healed, slightly red skin. She lifted her hand out of the water, and held it up to him so he could see she was alright now.

She stood up, stepping away from the water. The last one didn't seem as exciting, but it was what she could do. She held her hands in front of her, a yellow shield forming between them. It wasn't very big, barely as wide as her torso, and the height would have been about four inches. She moved it around slightly before making it disappear. She looked at him and raised her hands. "Tada!" She said with a smile.

OOC:

Marion-san

Blessed Friend

Fancy Sharkette

Master ofXXXG
r
a
v
i
t
y

When the librarian finally let up, taking the book away, Aiden breathed a sigh of relief. He sure hoped that they would be able to fix it. He wanted to be able to check out books after this instance.

“It’s fine Myuki.” Aiden said quietly, noting how she tucked her hair back. “It really doesn’t bother me, so don’t feel bad.”

A funny thought occurred to Aiden. “Do you think they’ll let you check out a new book?” Aiden asked with a wide grin. He could only imagine how the librarians would feel if Myuki and himself came back in a few minutes wanting to check out another book.

Feeling: Protective

Phantom

12,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Myuki

"Oh.. probably not. I hadn't even thought of that."

If the librarian banned them from taking out books, she would be very disappointed. There was not much else that she enjoyed to do. Specially since most of her time was spent with her nose buried within the pages of some book or another, perhaps it would be best to send away for some new ones. In case the librarian decided to be a pain.

Myuki sighed a little, looking troubled at the mere thought.

Sari1995

Blessed Friend

Fancy Sharkette

Master ofXXXG
r
a
v
i
t
y

Myuki’s worried look prompted a quick reaction from Aiden. “Don’t worry. I’m sure they’ll let us, but maybe not today.” Aiden said, smiling to reassure her. “I’m sure you’ll be able to check out books by the end of the week.” Not wanting to further bother any of the people studying in the library, Aiden figured that they should go. But before he started to guide them out of the library, Aiden wrote down his info on the back of a blank book sign out slip, making sure to note that he would be responsible for the damages to the book checked out by Myuki.

Placing an arm around Myuki’s shoulder, Aiden walked her out of the library. “By the way, what was the book about? I might have one that’s similar. I brought some of my books from home and would be more than happy to loan you some.” Aiden said, hoping that it might’ve been a fantasy or science fiction novel since most of his books fell into those two categories. Although he hadn’t done much reading lately since he was always trying to be better with his powers, Aiden had brought his favorites with him, just in case.

Feeling: Curious, Helpful

Phantom

12,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Myuki

The tip of her ears went a little red in embarrassment as he drew her close, but she focused on his question. Glancing at him, she turned a little redder as she remembered what she had been reading. Surely, he would call her a nerd for doing studies outside of the classroom.

"I...I was reading up on how to better control my power..."

Myuki stammered, looking at everything except him. He would surely laugh, or something of the sort...probably. Though, he seemed like a kind person.

Blessed Friend

Fancy Sharkette

Master ofXXXG
r
a
v
i
t
y

Walking through the halls, Aiden was mildly surprised to find that Myuki had been reading about power control. “Reading about how to control your power? Jeez, you’re lucky. I wish I could find books about my power.” While there were books on similar topics, Aiden found that they didn’t really help with his particular situation, most of them dealing with telekinesis, which many mistook his power for.

“I usually just practice during my free time so that I can gain better control. But I guess everyone has their different ways of learning.” Aiden said, remembering his problems with the branch earlier.

Feeling: Content

Phantom

12,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Myuki

Myuki glanced at him, curious, but wasn't sure if it would polite to ask. Fidgeting for a moment, she mustered up the courage to ask him what she thought was a personal question.

"Um...what can you do?"

As they walked through the halls, they wandered out into the grounds again, and Myuki felt a sense of relief. If they were going to showcase what they could do, it would be better if they were outside.

Sari1995

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces