Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Lyra Maris: Hydrokinetic
Lyra woke up on the couch. She had fallen asleep watching tv. It was about 6 in the morning. She groaned and thought to herself, I should go to school... can't believe they're even having it.'

She went through her normal morning routine and when everything was done, she stood in front of the glass wall looking out on the city. The sun was shining through, casting a veil of gold on her. For a moment she felt lost, and then completely at peace. Her phone rang.

"Hello?" she asked, putting it up to her ear.
"Hi, honey it's mom. How's it going?"
Obviously she hadn't heard about the school incident yet. Lyra smiled and shook her head, laughing silently, "I'm doin' great, mom. Just heading out for school."

When the conversation ended with both parties saying "talk to you late, I love you, miss you," etc., Lyra looked back out at the world and smiled. She wasn't scared anymore.

Lyra walked into the school still rather early, so she sat outside on the steps to the main door and just enjoyed the morning. She let the sun shine on her and the wind blow her hair around in random patterns. Today was good.

vhrebie's Significant Otter

High-functioning Strawberry

12,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100
:: CLARIENCE – MY LOVE – ARMADA ::

If it’s true, that I can’t have you…
User Image
All Apothecaries have Arsenics & Antidotes

"230...230......230..." The blue haired girl muttered to herself, repeating the classroom name as she searched for biology class. Of all classes - she'd best not to skip this one. She would like to know what parts of an organism is the weakest - for her own selfish reasons. After scouring the whole main floor, she figured it'd probably be in the second. 'Makes sense... 230...' Clarience's eyes scanned the closest door to her as she arrived at the top of the stairs. 200. Alright, so she's close. Quickly, she walked past each door - glancing occasionally if she was getting closer - her movements light and fluid. She approached the door that finally released her of her searching, and, without knocking respectively, poked her head in and smiled from ear to ear as she saw the lab counters, placed consecutively behind and in front of each other. Although they were clear of all glassware and microscopes - she was excited. She looked down at her hands. Her left was still bare. She hadn't realized she'd lost so many that her aunt mysteriously ran out of all her gloves. So, she took the liberty of ordering her to go out and buy some while she was at school. Clarience curled her fingers until they almost looked like the claws of a lion ready to shred the prey into pieces, before it formed into a fist, and she stuffed it into her sweater pocket. There were already a few students sitting in their seats or talking in their little ruthless cliques. The teacher wasn't here yet though. Completely ignoring all the occasional glances at her direction, she skipped over to the front seat where nobody dared to sit, dumped her messenger bag onto the lab table, and sat down, crossing her legs in a very lazy but lady-like manner.
… then I’ll provide a wound so deep – that only both of us can keep.

Unforgiving Genius

Ability: Emotion Manipulation
With: Lyra
Feeling: Apathetic
User Image

あたし わ こわい です

N o p e r s o n a l i t y 。。。

Amelia looked over at the girl who sat beside her. Lyra. She remembered. A girl in her Chemistry class. She didn't have to read her aura to know she was feeling good. Interesting. She must be an optimistic person. She concluded.

"If you're not careful, others will think you don't care about what happened yesterday." She said to Lyra.

Amelia continued to gaze blankly at Lyra, her chin resting on her stuffed bunny's head.

"Do what you want b u t . . .don't expect me to c a r e."

User Image

OOC: Sorry for short post. Couldn't think of what more to say.
orianis

Chad came into the class, scanning the occupants until he found a familiar face. Clarience was sitting at the front, where he hated to be. Still, he might as well be around someone he could carry a conversation with. Chad was already moving in her direction, pulling out the seat next to her and situating himself.

"Good morning, Love. Did you have a good night?", Chad asked. He was already pulling out schematics from his backpack, going over the intricate designs of what looked to be armor. "You do look very lovely today."
User Image

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
It's a shame you don't know
What you're running from
Would your bones have to break
And your lights turn off
Would it take the end of time
To hear your heart's false start

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Vel Malek

"What's the matter, Princess? Forgot to eat your wheaties this morning?"

"That's a lame taunt, 'Uncle'! Is that what they used back when you walked your dinosaurs to pick up cave women?"

Her grandfather let out a guffaw."That was even worse, Vel. That didn't really make sense..."

"I'm glad I'm your source of entertainment, Gramps!" The girl dodged her uncle's attack expertly, though every now and then a punching mitt would strike her legs, sending her flying. Regaining her balance and bearings, she gathered energy in her legs and leaped towards her uncle. This was merely a dodging session so she couldn't attack.. Or use her arms, of which were currently tied to her body.

"I'm just a little distracted, that's all... I mean, in school yesterday, so many things happened. I know I wasn't hallucinating! But, the news... It's been covered up. I even met a boy who said he wasn't human!"

"You met a boy?" The burly man's face lit up at the chance of hearing gossip.

"That's not the point!" She retorted hurriedly, blushing as she ducked what could have been, a debilitating punch. Tumbling away from her opponent, she let herself come to a rest on the floor, thoroughly wiped out.

"Hm, that is rather odd... Of course, I'm sure you knew that they aren't the only non-humans around here..." Vel's grandfather stoked his beard between his fingers, "I mean... We do house two..."

"I understand that... It's just... I can't believe that something that big was able to be covered up!"

~> ~> ~>

Making her way to school, she began to wish she hadn't trained so hard this morning. Her injury still hadn't healed. Her uncle aiming for it most of the time hadn't helped either. But, she had insisted.

Meandering thoughts led her to the previous day's events, how terrible that it was covered up that way... And that boy, Kai... It was Kai, right? Though her memory was a bit hazy, a small fragment of it reminded her that they did exchange names. It was late when she finally left and she had apologized and thanked him profusely.

Upon reaching school grounds, a white van caught her attention. 'Oh dear God-dess, not another... Oh, it's just a news van.' Exhaling sharply, Velestia hurriedly made her way towards her first class.

"Ugh.. Shouldn't we get a day off..."
[color-gray]"I know what you mean." A student agreed solemnly, as she walked alongside her.
Reluctantly, she followed the students into the room. After finding an empty seat in the middle section of the class, she slid into it and lay her head on her arms, mumbling, "This sucks. I should just skip again..."
Looking around, she saw that some students kept looking out the window while others were conceiving ideas of what could have happened yesterday. Everyone's so excited... So anxious... Something terrible happened and they're more excited about the publicity...'

"Aliens! I bet they think we're onto them!"

"Are you kidding? I bet it's the CIA! Or maybe they were filming a movie!"

"It was a terrorist attack, Jeffries! Don't you watch the news!"

"It's a conspiracy," the boy mumbled, disheartened.

"Oh, please," Vel rolled her eyes and averted her gaze toward the window, this was all too much.

▄ ▄

and you know this is your biggest mistake...
User Image
Lyra Maris: Hydrokinetic
Lyra heard a voice that broke into her world of serenity.
She looked over. It was a girl from one of her classes. She couldn't really remember which one. Lyra chuckled a little and said, "I'm not happy about yesterday at all. I'm happy about today. That's what matters, right?"

Justice Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hero 100
User Image

- - - - « - Quixos - » - - - -

- - ««I am quite literally a killing machine...

Quixos watched as Mr. Fumi and Natalie departed. If anything he was glad of it, for he wasn't certain how much longer he'd of been able to restrain himself in their presence, for it stunk of the arts only practiced in shadowed circles and hushed tones. As they pulled out of view he dropped his head, sighing with a deep, melancholic resignation. He looked at him self inwardly, aware of a deep struggle which had everything and nothing to do with Nullis. He hadn't felt this frustrated in a long time, not since he was first forced to come to terms with what he had become. Quixos pulled one hand from his hoodie pocket and held it up to the sun. In this light he could see through the synthetic skin, he could see past the blue veins and very faintly, he could see the silver fluid writhing just beneath the surface. A grimace quickly snapped across his face, brows furrowed in rage. He stepped to the closest car with mechanical, perfectly distanced strides, still watching his hand. Once he stood before the bonnet he balled it and with incandescent fury smashed it down against the hood. It buckled and folded under the pressure, wrapping around his hand as though it were paper. Standing for a moment, he simply contemplated what he was capable of. "What the hell am I anymore..." Barely above a whisper, the words passed his lips. And with that uttered sentence, he disabled both his attitude and emotion processors.

Quixos walked through the academy corridors, bearing toward the science block. His eyes were completely glazed over, devoid of life. If it wasn't for his movement's he could of easily been mistaken for a corpse in the first throws of rigor mortis. Save for a few estranged glances in his direction the trip to his class was without event, and he now stood at the door. He pushed on in, taking a space on the front desk at the side of Love not currently occupied (Basically, the front of the desk if you three are sat at the back). Placing his elbows on the table he interlocked his fingers, perfectly aware of the female before him, she was the one from yesterady. He twisted his neck at a perfect angle, the movement, robotic. He blinked once, capturing an image of what appeared to be a primitive form of armour, then he turned to the female, blinked once more, and returned his gaze to the front of the class. "You're different. I know. I can smell it." The words were completely devoid of emotion, and uttered like it was the most casual sentence on the planet.

... I'm more human than you know.»» - -
butterfly
Ambrose Gallo
User Image

★==============★★==============★★==============★
Ambrose woke up late as he had kept hitting the snooze button on his alarm. He had stayed the night at Arinnes house that night, he probably would continue to just stay there for the rest of this semester, or until he was able to find another place for himself. Before now, he really didn't have much of a time to explore Arinnes place very much. It was really big though, and fancy. Pretty high end place, huh? he had thought to himself. Ambrose looked for Arinne around the house, but he couldn't find her. He already knew he was going to be at least five minutes late for his first class, so he figured she was probably already at school. Ambrose got ready for school pretty fast to say the least and he had decided to skip breakfast as he had no time, and he went out the door.
On the way to school he had wondered what had happened. "Maybe I shouldn't skip today, as it is very possible something interesting could happen again." He said in a low voice to himself. He finally made it to the front gate of the school and for some reason today the walk felt longer to him than it did yesterday. It could have been because even though he did sleep pretty good, he was still really tired. He walked towards his class, and it just so happened he wasn't late at all. Hardly any students where even in the class room just yet. However, he saw Arinne, and it looked like she was working on some sort of drawing or something. "Hey, what are you doing? Find out anything yet about what happened yesterday?" He said, right as he let out a rather big yawn. Maybe she had talked to Lyra already, though it seems Lyra wasn't here just yet.

0_o the irate pirate o_0

Dapper Raider

10,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Autobiographer 200
navybluehoodie
Arinne Lowelle: The Animal Talker

User Image
Aarine looked up from her drawings, smiling at Ambrose. "Oh! Top o' the mornin to ye, sleepy head." She grinned before taking a sip from her drink. "Nah, haven't found a damned thing out about yesterday. Hoping to ask miss Lyra if she knows anythin when she gets to class. Oh, hey I'm working on our designs." her voice had then dropped into something just above a whisper. "I'll have 'em done by the end of the day, hopefully." She said with a ghost of a smile. Just then, her ears twitched at the sound of birds chirping. The classroom window was left wide open, and she stared at it blankly, "huh, some birds just aren't mornin people are they?" She commented to herself before turning back to Ambrose. "So, I gather ye didn't find anythin out either eh?" She chuckled, putting the papers away for now.
Out
Of
Composing:

"Lot's of animals talk. But very few men listen. That, my friend, is the problem."

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
Dark Butler Dornez

User Image
N a t a l i e - N a t s u m e
— — — — — —

Natalie blinked dumbly when all Mr. Fumi did was nod his head and agree. ...It could not have been that easy. But at the question she straightened up with wide eyes, "Of course! Whatever you say." She was not going to turn down such a golden opportunity. The raven haired teen watched as he pulled out his keys again and momentarily wondered if a teacher should really be helping his student skip class, but wasn't stupid enough to say anything about it. She could deal with her brother harping on her, it would be completely worth it.

And yet it was just one surprise after another as he held up the keys and tossed them to her. Catching them out of reflex, Natalie gaped at him, "A-Are you... You're serious aren't you! Uh, yeah! I learned on a stick actually." She jumped into the drivers seat, plugging in her seat belt before jamming the keys into the ignition and starting up the engine. It sounded like a tiger's roar to her ears, absolutely thrilling. Grinning with an absolutely ridiculous grin, she couldn't help the sheer giddiness exuding from her, causing a few things in the backseat, including her backpack where she had flung it, to levitate a little. Peeling out of the parking lot, the magic user let out a whoop before calming down and clearing her throat, glancing at Otto and asking, "So where to?" She didn't know Lockford's layout very well since she had only just moved here a few weeks ago.

TheyCallMeFletch

Chad watched the person sitting on the other side of Clarience. He watched him curiously, paying special attention to his movements and choice of words. It was obvious he wasn't normal, but with how his mannerisms were it was as if he was mechanical. Chad didn't throw the idea of a possible android away altogether, but it was hard to think of with such technology being at least decades away. He went ahead and approved the lightweight concealable body armor, sliding that schematic into a file in his bag and pulling out another. Whatever the teacher was going over was just a footnote in the back of his head. Right now he was focusing on the person next to Clarience, watching him through a reflection in an adjacent window.

This next schematic was an addendum for a garbage disposal.

Unforgiving Genius

Ability: Emotion Manipulation
With: Lyra
Feeling: Apathetic
User Image

あたし わ こわい です

N o p e r s o n a l i t y 。。。

If Amelia had any feelings at all, she would have looked at Lyra with a puzzled look. What is there to be 'happy' about? Another incident, no matter big or small, could easily shut down the school. If I don't make it work here, they're going to send me to actual institution away from 'normal' people. Not an ideal situation. She ranted in her head.
Instead, Amelia just got cocked her head.

"What is it about today that makes you happy? The sun is shining, but the air feels tense. Everyone is suspicious, and more likely to do something cruel they'll regret later. I do not understand your logic." She responded, her voice an odd tone. Not exactly soulless, but certainly void of emotion.

"Do what you want b u t . . .don't expect me to c a r e."

User Image
butterfly
Ambrose Gallo
User Image

Ambrose grinned, "I look forward to seeing the designs once they're done." he said quietly. Ambrose spoke up a little, "Nah, I didn't find anything out. It's kind of a bummer. I don't think we should skip school today, just in case something interesting happens, you know?" he said sitting in the desk next to Arinne's. He had sort of hopped that if anybody else in the class room right now knew about yesterday, they would bring it up do to how he had just spoke up. Ambrose put his head on the desk, not because he felt like he wanted to sleep, but because it felt like a comfortable position. Ambrose thought about how cool his costume might look, and how people might recognize him as a hero. A voice in his head popped up and said "It's not about that man, you should know betta' than that." The voice felt familiar, like a voice he had heard when he was a kid. He chose to ignore it for now, though he did feel that it had a point. He thought it was always strange when you just heard the spirits and not saw them. Maybe it had something to do with them not having much energy here at Lockford, which if that's the case, it would explain why he hadn't been bothered by them very much since he got here. It kind of put his mind at ease. He hoped that something interesting, like yesterday, would happen today, so that he could witness it for himself.

0_o the irate pirate o_0

Call Me Nefret's Husbando

Stubborn Lover

16,275 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

OTTOFUMI

═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═

learn anything you can about a Network...

═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═
There's a warehouse on the south side of town I own, we're headed there..." he said calmly as he pulled a pair of sunglasses from his glove box and put them on. "Here take a right up here, were gonna take the back route...less cars in our way" he said as he pulled out a CD case and flipped through them as she drove. "And yes I expect you to be a speed demon in this car, cause I didn't build it to be pretty" Pulling out a CD he grinned as the words "Speed Demon Mix" were written on it as he ejected his other CD and put the new one in as they pulled onto a straight away barren of cars. Turning up the speakers to full blast he looked at her and smiled as he looked at the road. "Show me what you got kid..." he said with a small laugh as Your Disease started blasting from the speakers
═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═
Then find out the best way to make it yours

═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═ ═━┈┈━═
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Piera Touko

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces