Welcome to Gaia! ::

The fact that people bag on twilight.... redface

Beloved Shapeshifter

Sorry that it's so easy, sweetheart~

Between the parodies and the slights in pop culture, as well as the movies and the books, there's just so much material.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Linnie Curtis

User Image

Yeah, we shouldn't be allowed to say anything negative at all! We should just be happy and love it and never point out that it promotes abuse and shitty gender roles and sexual restrictions for women!

Because that makes other people sad that not everyone thinks Twilight is amazing and perfect!

User Image

No. My chocolate. Go away.
Linnie Curtis

Well I mean...
How can you not. It's practically an unintentional comedy.

Manly Man-Lover

The Girly-Wolf
Linnie Curtis

Well I mean...
So, there's potential that if Nessie develops scales and shrieks by the cliffs that she could have been impregnated in New Moon, not by Edward, but a sea monster by Forks?
TheQuietRiversRage
The Girly-Wolf
Linnie Curtis

Well I mean...
So, there's potential that if Nessie develops scales and shrieks by the cliffs that she could have been impregnated in New Moon, not by Edward, but a sea monster by Forks?

Totally. Bella did kind of black out when she went on her cliff diving adventure, who knows what
could've happened.

Manly Man-Lover

The Girly-Wolf
TheQuietRiversRage
The Girly-Wolf
Linnie Curtis

Well I mean...

Totally. Bella did kind of black out when she went on her cliff diving adventure, who knows what
could've happened.
Only the fish and perhaps if the mermaid story that hasn't happened (unless she did that as some sort of short), the merfolk would. XD

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
TheQuietRiversRage
Only the fish and perhaps if the mermaid story that hasn't happened (unless she did that as some sort of short), the merfolk would. XD

User Image

Don't most fish procreate by the females laying eggs and the males just coming along and dumping their sperm all over it?

That would mean that a random merman just swam up and ejaculated all over Bella. :V

Manly Man-Lover

Minerva de Sade
TheQuietRiversRage

User Image

Don't most fish procreate by the females laying eggs and the males just coming along and dumping their sperm all over it?

That would mean that a random merman just swam up and ejaculated all over Bella. :V

Good point, but I mostly meant as a witness. The fish would have been a witness. The merfolk would likely watch or something. Then again, there was that illusion of Edward in her unconsciousness. While I know this isn't the case, it sounded like a fun idea to play with as a tie into a sea monster as Nessie's father. Mostly inspired by Leah's link that had Bella blowing up at the nickname Jacob gave her.

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
TheQuietRiversRage
Good point, but I mostly meant as a witness. The fish would have been a witness. The merfolk would likely watch or something. Then again, there was that illusion of Edward in her unconsciousness. While I know this isn't the case, it sounded like a fun idea to play with as a tie into a sea monster as Nessie's father. Mostly inspired by Leah's link that had Bella blowing up at the nickname Jacob gave her.

User Image

In Meyer's twisted world, I do not doubt that there is a merman that looks like Edward Cullen. I just can't doubt that, as disturbing as it sounds.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Minerva de Sade
TheQuietRiversRage

User Image

In Meyer's twisted world, I do not doubt that there is a merman that looks like Edward Cullen. I just can't doubt that, as disturbing as it sounds.

Honestly, with how she fawns over him, I wouldn't be surprised either. Edward is the vision of her sex god, after all. There I go again, using words that should not be used in the same sentence as Edward when talking about Twilight. sweatdrop

Beloved Shapeshifter

So, another example of a snark reference:
There's an Oscar Meyer commercial where a father screams in a pillow while watching a Twilight-esque flick ("But I don't care if you're a vampire..." heard before he screams into it).

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
OtakuJeannie
Sulina
Sooo... as the hype dies down, there are a number of other forms of media that take a snarky stab at Twilight. Share your favourites here.

Supernatural
Dean: Eat it Twilight! *stakes a vampire in the heart*

You forgot the episode in season 6, Live Free or Twi-hard. Glad they didn't make any comparisons to Twilight durring Benny the Vampire's arc.

Actually... Remember the guy who was the head of Benny's coven who had him killed the first time?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This suave mother ******** who thought every one of his actions was ordained?

Look at that sweater vest and ask who it's supposed to remind you of. Look at it.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Suiseiten
So, another example of a snark reference:
There's an Oscar Meyer commercial where a father screams in a pillow while watching a Twilight-esque flick ("But I don't care if you're a vampire..." heard before he screams into it).

I saw that one, and it took me a second to realize what happened.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
-Well, for starters the MLP protagonist's name is potentially a crack on the series.
-The Ungroundable from South Park is basically when the popular kids watched Twilight. It follows the struggle of the Goths to distinguish themselves and Butters who believes himself to be a more traditional vampire.
-Also proof that Annie(who plays Anakin Skywalker as her D&D char) is a girl. Not really popular media but it sticked out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff