Welcome to Gaia! ::

XxShinobi_Demon90xX
Vote: Harry Potter or Twilight????

xd

both!!!
UnicornsPooRainbow
To all the twilight haters besides Edward and Jacob Give me 1 good reason why u hate it. twisted ninja wahmbulance mrgreen dramallama

Because obsessive love is NOT true love, nor is it good for girls to read about. A guy's or girl's whole world should not revolve around a member of the opposite sex, there are other things in life.

As quoted by many people before me the basic idea of twilight is about a girl who needs and is obsessed with a boyfriend, whereas harry potter is about a boy growing to be a man and his inner and outer struggles to see good triumph over evil.

I personally believe that in fiction, characters should not only be dynamic, but also well rounded and such. And also as a girl, I hate to see girl portrayed as people who lose their will to live without a guy. Independence I feel is a big part of the Harry Potter series. Take Luna for example. She is herself, and doesn't let anyone tell her what to be. Sure, she's completely out there, but she has redeeming qualities. She's honest, independent, very understanding of death, determined. and Loyal. Also she's really smart. When Rowling writes, she glorifies the characters that have been picked on and put down. Ron, from a family of pure-bloods that are freakishly poor and considered blood traitors cuz they aren't racist.Hermione, spends most of her time in the library, is a muggleborn, and is just a loveable nerd freak. Harry, raised by abusive relatives and picked on constantly, always in the publics eye and yet the 3 of them together are, as Hagrid said, the biggest bunch of freaks yet look at what they did. Neville, the kid who has seemingly no talent and appears to be a coward, yet was put in the house for bravery and courage.

I could go on, but I think my point was made. anyway, personally I think that no guy or girl should be as well... pathetic as bella is when she is without a guy. I mean, it's just sad. You should be proud of who you are, and not put your whole life into a guy, they aren't worth it. Being yourself and finding your own niche is important, I'm not saying you have to obsess over knitting or some hobby, but you should be proud f who you are simply because you are alive and you are you, and bella... sucks at it.
Minerva de Sade
VaneMoretti
Twilight more romantic i guess sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XP R O U DXH U F F L E P U F FXXXXXXXXXXXX

And unafraid of toil"
She has a point. only in Harry Potter, it isn't obsessive, and the characters are okay to suck it up and move on in break ups. and they do it right, they get married, but they pursue their dreams and are still perfectly themselves without the other person.which is the way it should be. and plus, who doesn't understand it? It's easier to relate to!! And the epic kissing scene where Ginny and Harry finally got together after the quittich match in the 6th book? EPIC (sorry, the book was better than the movie there) and it was set up well, for both Ron and Hermione and Ginny and Harry. I mean Ginny liked Harry how long?! and Ron and Hermione were set up waaay back in the 4th book. I mean at least, Ron's jealousy of Krum and such.
Neon Cupcakes of Doom
RaggedyViolet
Neon Cupcakes of Doom
RaggedyViolet
It's interesting because if it wasn't for Harry Potter, there probably wouldn't be anywhere near as much of a fuss being made over Twilight. It was Pottermania that started off the idea of a book series being cool. Midnight book releases started with Harry Potter, as well as fans dressing up. And even the whole Team Edward vs. Team Jacob craziness has roots in the shipping wars of yore. (Were you Harry/Hermione or Ron/Hermione?)
So for any Twilight fans who dis Harry Potter, remember where all this started.
HP rules!
Hey... Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and Star Wars people did it too... for the movies though, so I guess you have a point. And I was for Luna & Neville! But no. razz

lol. I was referring more to the books. You're right about the movies though. I agree about wanting Luna and Neville together, but at the same time, I feel like that's more from just expecting that characters will get paired off than from actual indications that they liked each other that way. I wish there was textual support for them to have gotten together! That coupling would be interesting.
Haha I know, I wish there was. It's like those two are the weirdest and nerdiest characters, and they aren't well liked but their characters are very important. ahh, oh well.
Hey but in the movie........!!!
Y_Y Ninja of Hope I_I
Well, Harry potter will be a timeless classic, just like "Titanic" or "the Birds", but I honestly can't see my grandchildren asking to watch twilight =/ I'm sorry Twilight fans, but the Twilight sensation will die out with the next big fad. I mean, does anybody remember the Spiderman series? They even made a musical about it... but oh well. I'm gonna have to vote Harry Potter til i die!

PS, I NEED TO SEE PART 2 exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim exclaim biggrin xd
Part two is amazing!!!! I've seen it twice already!!!!!!!!
Gai Ketoji
prevost-dude
I mean, does anybody remember the Spiderman series? They even made a musical about it...

Spider-man is still Marvel's most iconic character. He isn't a fad.
Yeah. Compare twihards to jonas or hanson or nsync fans... it will be shortlived (the sooner the better)(kinda like Justin Bieber) whereas pottermania is closer to the beatles or the rolling stones (or maybe even coldplay (fingers crossed))

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i jus dont like harry potter 4 some reason but twilight is nice

UnicornsPooRainbow rolled 5 8-sided dice: 1, 6, 3, 5, 2 Total: 17 (5-40)

Okay yall all gave me good reasons i like Neon cupcakes's view of it. so if you have anything else about twilight let me know i might agree. Thanks again! emo rofl 4laugh biggrin smile smile ninja mrgreen lol cool

-RainbowUnicornPoo- generated a random number between 5 and 8 ... 6!

XxShinobi_Demon90xX

xd

twilight
arrevickyowens
XxShinobi_Demon90xX

Twilight

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Neon Cupcakes of Doom
UnicornsPooRainbow
To all the twilight haters besides Edward and Jacob Give me 1 good reason why u hate it. twisted ninja wahmbulance mrgreen dramallama

Because obsessive love is NOT true love, nor is it good for girls to read about. A guy's or girl's whole world should not revolve around a member of the opposite sex, there are other things in life.

As quoted by many people before me the basic idea of twilight is about a girl who needs and is obsessed with a boyfriend, whereas harry potter is about a boy growing to be a man and his inner and outer struggles to see good triumph over evil.

I personally believe that in fiction, characters should not only be dynamic, but also well rounded and such. And also as a girl, I hate to see girl portrayed as people who lose their will to live without a guy. Independence I feel is a big part of the Harry Potter series. Take Luna for example. She is herself, and doesn't let anyone tell her what to be. Sure, she's completely out there, but she has redeeming qualities. She's honest, independent, very understanding of death, determined. and Loyal. Also she's really smart. When Rowling writes, she glorifies the characters that have been picked on and put down. Ron, from a family of pure-bloods that are freakishly poor and considered blood traitors cuz they aren't racist.Hermione, spends most of her time in the library, is a muggleborn, and is just a loveable nerd freak. Harry, raised by abusive relatives and picked on constantly, always in the publics eye and yet the 3 of them together are, as Hagrid said, the biggest bunch of freaks yet look at what they did. Neville, the kid who has seemingly no talent and appears to be a coward, yet was put in the house for bravery and courage.

I could go on, but I think my point was made. anyway, personally I think that no guy or girl should be as well... pathetic as bella is when she is without a guy. I mean, it's just sad. You should be proud of who you are, and not put your whole life into a guy, they aren't worth it. Being yourself and finding your own niche is important, I'm not saying you have to obsess over knitting or some hobby, but you should be proud f who you are simply because you are alive and you are you, and bella... sucks at it.

Tipped for awesomeness, wit, and Luna Lovegood. I can identify with her. 3nodding *points to your avatar* Is that a cosplay?

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Minerva de Sade
UnicornsPooRainbow

Because it glorifies so much wrong.

Edward can stalk and control Bella, yet it's supposed to be "true love", and "all girls want to be loved like Bella".

Jacob loses his entire character identity by the end of Breaking Dawn, and becomes a condoned baby rapist/child groomer.

Bella doesn't change at all through the series, besides becoming a vampire. She doesn't give two shits about anyone but Edward and what she wants. She was willing drop EVERYTHING to be with Edward, a guy she's known for less than a year, and yet, she still gets to be around those people she was supposed to drop. She gains everything, looses nothing.

And don't get me started on Meyer's "professionalism". Some authors don't even consider her an author. That's ******** sad. She refuses to accept criticism, she hides from negativity with the "it's fiction! It's not supposed to make sense!" argument, when it's not even true. FICTION HAS TO MAKE SENSE IN THE WORLD IT IS PRESENTED IN. IF IT'S IN OUR TIME, IN PLACES WE KNOW, AND THERE'S A LACK OF LOGIC OR SEVERAL INCONSISTENCIES, THEN WE WILL CALL THE AUTHOR OUT ON THEIR BULLSHIT. ("West coast of Brazil" my a**.)

Now, give me five good reasons why this is better than Harry Potter.User Image

And unafraid of toil"

WEST COAST OF BRAZIL?!?!? rofl There is no such thing! Is that seriously in the book? I didn't catch that in Mark Reads Breaking Dawn!

Hey.... since Brazil doesn't have a West Coast, the entire plot of Breaking Dawn is void because the story is set in our world, and in our time, where there is no Brazilian West Coast, thus Isle Esme, where The Spawn was concieved, cannot exist. Since the plot centers around the death baby.... yeah. Breaking Dawn is a lie.
Belethiel
Neon Cupcakes of Doom
UnicornsPooRainbow

Tipped for awesomeness, wit, and Luna Lovegood. I can identify with her. 3nodding *points to your avatar* Is that a cosplay?
hahaha Why yes it is! hehe I love Luna!

Quotable Prophet

Belethiel
Minerva de Sade
UnicornsPooRainbow

Because it glorifies so much wrong.

Edward can stalk and control Bella, yet it's supposed to be "true love", and "all girls want to be loved like Bella".

Jacob loses his entire character identity by the end of Breaking Dawn, and becomes a condoned baby rapist/child groomer.

Bella doesn't change at all through the series, besides becoming a vampire. She doesn't give two shits about anyone but Edward and what she wants. She was willing drop EVERYTHING to be with Edward, a guy she's known for less than a year, and yet, she still gets to be around those people she was supposed to drop. She gains everything, looses nothing.

And don't get me started on Meyer's "professionalism". Some authors don't even consider her an author. That's ******** sad. She refuses to accept criticism, she hides from negativity with the "it's fiction! It's not supposed to make sense!" argument, when it's not even true. FICTION HAS TO MAKE SENSE IN THE WORLD IT IS PRESENTED IN. IF IT'S IN OUR TIME, IN PLACES WE KNOW, AND THERE'S A LACK OF LOGIC OR SEVERAL INCONSISTENCIES, THEN WE WILL CALL THE AUTHOR OUT ON THEIR BULLSHIT. ("West coast of Brazil" my a**.)

Now, give me five good reasons why this is better than Harry Potter.User Image

And unafraid of toil"

WEST COAST OF BRAZIL?!?!? rofl There is no such thing! Is that seriously in the book? I didn't catch that in Mark Reads Breaking Dawn!

Hey.... since Brazil doesn't have a West Coast, the entire plot of Breaking Dawn is void because the story is set in our world, and in our time, where there is no Brazilian West Coast, thus Isle Esme, where The Spawn was concieved, cannot exist. Since the plot centers around the death baby.... yeah. Breaking Dawn is a lie.

WOOT! Puff of logic!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces