Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils

Javier Cross

I didn't find Perfect Blue, but if you type "perfect blue full movie english dub" in youtube's search, one of the top videos will be Paprika. It's not a thriller, per se, but it's also by Madhouse and it's a pretty awesome movie. I love LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the soundtrack. There are also an incredible number of movies in the side bar, including Hack// Beyond the Wall.

The Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack) are born in the same generation only a few years apart, I'd like to refer to this generation as The Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack) Generation for a reason, don't dream of blaming me for that.
If one gets forgotten, it's a matter of time before the other follows suit, mark my words.
Madhouse, Studio SHAFT and Studio Trigger always do interesting stuff. ^_^

---

I've no idea why Homura Akemi and Kohak/Amber/Kohaku Hearts from Tales of Hearts look so alike though, I just know Homura Akemi reads like a Gender-swapped Haseo of the Dot Hack(.Hack) universe and I don't mind that. crying

Sparkly Hellhound

Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils

Javier Cross

I didn't find Perfect Blue, but if you type "perfect blue full movie english dub" in youtube's search, one of the top videos will be Paprika. It's not a thriller, per se, but it's also by Madhouse and it's a pretty awesome movie. I love LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the soundtrack. There are also an incredible number of movies in the side bar, including Hack// Beyond the Wall.

--------------------------------------------------------
^(#`∀´)_Ψ Salvation in the darkness...

Yea I did a search, Perfect Blue only came up on the not so legal streaming sites. ono

Beauty in the graveyard..⎧ᴿᴵᴾ⎫◟◟◟◟◟◟◟◟ ❀◟(ó ̯ ò, )

Sparkly Hellhound

Javier Cross
Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils

Javier Cross

The Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack) are born in the same generation only a few years apart, I'd like to refer to this generation as The Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack) Generation for a reason, don't dream of blaming me for that.
If one gets forgotten, it's a matter of time before the other follows suit, mark my words.

---

I've no idea why Homura Akemi and Kohak/Amber/Kohaku Hearts from Tales of Hearts look so alike though, I just know Homura Akemi reads like a Gender-swapped Haseo of the Dot Hack(.Hack) universe and I don't mind that. crying

Its hard to assert one will be forgotten because the other was/is, when its two seperate fan cultures. Movies and books have a bit of a larger overall following then imported games and anime in general.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gerbie Zombils
Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils

Javier Cross

Yea I did a search, Perfect Blue only came up on the not so legal streaming sites. ono

If y'all want a sweet fix: anime.fullfights.org I watched the freaking Interview here. If you haven't seen it, that's pretty great.
Gerbie Zombils
Javier Cross
Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils

Javier Cross

---

Its hard to assert one will be forgotten because the other was/is, when its two separate fan cultures. Movies and books have a bit of a larger overall following then imported games and anime in general.

I'd respectfully disagree on that first regard so much as I point it out with Inevitability itself, since Inevitability is the one thing no one can hope to beat outright with Martial(Combative) Talents and Crafts alone, The Big-G Man Himself aside.

Especially since due to the same kind of Idiocracies at work, The World of Skulduggery Pleasant suffers the same kind of problems as well these days, Post-Faceless Ones onward.

If anyone asks me, we can't have one without the other, and frankly speaking The Camp Half-Blood volumes should have been tackled in Video Game form rather than Movies and I'm not a purist either.

I can't recall the exact decade when The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper was originally published, I know it was a Pre-Potter-world/Dot Hack Decade obviously enough but a lot of people forgot about it over time while horse$hit like the twilight sequels, House of Night, Wicked by Holder and Viguie, 50 Shades and other such Idiocracies are allowed to be remembered at all. stressed
As a Precursor to The Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack), The Dark Is Rising deserves far better by now, really.

Sparkly Hellhound

Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils
Alexander J Luthor
Gerbie Zombils

Javier Cross

If y'all want a sweet fix: anime.fullfights.org I watched the freaking Interview here. If you haven't seen it, that's pretty great.

I avoid most everything with Seth Rogen. =x

Sparkly Hellhound

Javier Cross

I'd respectfully disagree on that first regard so much as I point it out with Inevitability itself, since Inevitability is the one thing no one can hope to beat outright with Martial(Combative) Talents and Crafts alone, The Big-G Man Himself aside.

Especially since due to the same kind of Idiocracies at work, The World of Skulduggery Pleasant suffers the same kind of problems as well these days, Post-Faceless Ones onward.

If anyone asks me, we can't have one without the other, and frankly speaking The Camp Half-Blood volumes should have been tackled in Video Game form rather than Movies and I'm not a purist either.

I can't recall the exact decade when The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper was originally published, I know it was a Pre-Potter-world/Dot Hack Decade obviously enough but a lot of people forgot about it over time while horse$hit like the twilight sequels, House of Night, Wicked by Holder and Viguie, 50 Shades and other such Idiocracies are allowed to be remembered at all. stressed
As a Precursor to The Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack), The Dark Is Rising deserves far better by now, really.

I don't know about that. If you want to stick with the Potter and .hack pairing, Potter was a series of books that appealed to, and was pushed out to, children and adults alike of varying age, interest, and social groups. Fantasy in literature has always been, and always will be, a relevant interest.

.hack on the other hand, in that time frame, video gamers weren't so widely accepted as they are now. You were made fun of for playing a lot of games, double the teasing if they were foreign games. Triple if the game had any anime ties. The marketing group was much smaller. Even if the game was reintroduced later on, the graphics and systems are so different and behind what this 'new' grouping of, and I use the term loosely, 'gamers' expect and want, .hack still wouldn't gain a following. To make it relevant to where it will keep an ongoing fanbase like some other series, they would have to make it a whole new game. Just look at the RE series, at 4, a lot of the original fan base abandoned it. Its the new crop of RE fans that are driving the fanbase, because the RE they love is so vastly different from the RE that got the series off the ground in the first place.

Gerbie Zombils
Javier Cross

I don't know about that. If you want to stick with the Potter and .hack pairing, Potter was a series of books that appealed to, and was pushed out to, children and adults alike of varying age, interest, and social groups. Fantasy in literature has always been, and always will be, a relevant interest.

.hack on the other hand, in that time frame, video gamers weren't so widely accepted as they are now. You were made fun of for playing a lot of games, double the teasing if they were foreign games. Triple if the game had any anime ties. The marketing group was much smaller. Even if the game was reintroduced later on, the graphics and systems are so different and behind what this 'new' grouping of, and I use the term loosely, 'gamers' expect and want, .hack still wouldn't gain a following. To make it relevant to where it will keep an ongoing fanbase like some other series, they would have to make it a whole new game. Just look at the RE series, at 4, a lot of the original fan base abandoned it. Its the new crop of RE fans that are driving the fanbase, because the RE they love is so vastly different from the RE that got the series off the ground in the first place.

There was Religious Persecution on the Potter-world, yet next to no consideration on the famous "We Are A Trial, So Do Not Disbelieve," quote from The Abrahamic Texts, Chapter 02 of The Quran of Islam in fact, you know something's up when a lot of Islamic Non-Terrorists have more incentive to belly-ache on the Potter-world and Dot Hack(.Hack) than a lot of the general public would have for Religious reasons but Magic being a Double-Edged Weapon in general aside, they don't do so beyond it.
We really wanna go with how people detest the idea of 'Child Soldier' or other Violent Youth Stories for their own sake being glorified and encouraged by the General Public for that matter, without the justified circumstances for why they tended to happen the Ancient to Medieval Times often provided for that matter?
Because BOTH WORLDS were equally guilty of either particular fronts for saying NOTHING about that quote.

Though at least Dot Hack(.Hack) for all its more Extreme variants of the problems the Potter-world got bombarded with, do indeed have Divine-Type Cosmic Entities on-screen, granted most of the ones in question are Artifical but they're Pure-bred so they qualify, thus less headaches were provided for when more Magic and Reality-Warping than what the 'Base Game Alone' would allow were justified.

---

Funny you intend to mention that bit, because if the Fanbase can STOP BEING MUTED and START FIGHTING UNITED then Everyone Can make Namco x Bandai and CyberConnect 2 Truly Listen and Open their Ears up to do an HD Redux or something, and on the new 'crop' bit, I blame a lot of Post-Modern Warfare 1 Call of Duty games for that, if it's not from Treyarch it's bloody problematic to begin with but that's not the point.
The point is, only by WAKING THE HELL UP AND WORKING TOGETHER can we expect positive changes to happen.

Besides, who's to say that The Dark Is Rising, Earthsea or Middle-Earth DIDN'T have to put up with Idiotic problems of the kind those two had to put up with at all either?
I know His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman definitely did, to say nothing of what could have happened had Shin Megami Tensei as a whole been globally released a lot sooner than now.
The Chronicles of Narnia for understandable reasons don't get it too bad because it was inspired by The Abrahamic Texts and made it bloody clear of those regards from the start.
To a lesser and not-so-clear extent, Anything The Riordan family writes is also exempt from
it as well, and the main reason why The Wheel of Time doesn't need to worry
about it is that The Tomes and Volumes are Bloody Long and The Creator
consented Magic to be more Commonplace and whatnot if I recall right.

----

Did I forget to mention how most of these worlds have been stuck in the Grey/Gray area in regards to a Positive AfterLife because of Lack of Concrete Divine Consent from Pure-bred Divine Type Immortals being granted to their Magic-Users?

I'd likely ask the same kind of questions in regards to Guilty Gear or BlazBlue(by Arc System Works)
on a World-wise basis as well, given that Magic, 'Pure' or otherwise, Natural or Artificial, Organic or Magi-Technological is already a Double-Edged Weapon as it is, I can't
remember if anyone from either world was ever consented by Divine Entites to do Magic to begin with, no fear of going to Hell or Deletion for doing Magic in itself once consent
is Earned.

----

Hell, who's to say for sure whether or not The World of Dragon Age had Purebred Divine-Type Cosmic Entities permitting Magical Use to be commonplace in consent, let alone 'Present-day' Dragon Age for that matter if anyone wants to go there?
(I got no beef with that world per se, but someone has to ask questions like that regarding a lot of worlds, so why not me?)

Yes, by the Original Definition of Entitled(To Have A Legal Right To Something!) I'm Entitled to be among those to ask questions like that as a Modern-day Citizen of
Humanity and of Life in general.

Anxious Giver

Javier Cross
Patterned Rebel
'''

soo.. i'm guessing it's really really not good, because i was thinking of reading it myself.. you know, just to see what the fuss is all about smile )

Anxious Giver

Alexander J Luthor
patterned rebel
I've never actually read 50 shades of gray, but from your opinion, im guessing it's not good?

It's been months and I still can't bring myself to get past chapter two of the second book's sporking, wherein others who have read to book critique it, tell you about it, and quote passages directly from it.

Well, we must respect other's opinions, i guess. But for me, I have none yet... soooo i'm just wondering if it's wise of me to try and read it myself? smile

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
patterned rebel
Alexander J Luthor
patterned rebel
I've never actually read 50 shades of gray, but from your opinion, im guessing it's not good?

It's been months and I still can't bring myself to get past chapter two of the second book's sporking, wherein others who have read to book critique it, tell you about it, and quote passages directly from it.

Well, we must respect other's opinions, i guess. But for me, I have none yet... soooo i'm just wondering if it's wise of me to try and read it myself? smile

I'd say try it, if you must. I just couldn't because I'm really not a fan of bad writing. Twilight's overuse, and sometime wrong use, of large words and thesaurus slamming bugged the heck out of me. Using big words doesn't make you smart, it's makes you look stupidly arrogant, especially when you use them wrong..
patterned rebel
Javier Cross
Patterned Rebel
'''

soo.. i'm guessing it's really really not good, because i was thinking of reading it myself.. you know, just to see what the fuss is all about smile )

You get tipped for asking around, no one blames you for asking around.

I also hope you were able to read the Mouthful and if not even Beeline Reader can help you with that mouthful, I apologize for it, know this.

The Potter-world AND Dot Hack(.Hack) need more equal amounts of love these days, it's one of the reasons behind that mouthful and I want the Dot Hack and Skulduggery Pleasant Fanbases to get back on their own two legs and be
far better than they ever were in the past. crying
Alexander J Luthor
patterned rebel
Alexander J Luthor
patterned rebel

I'd say try it, if you must. I just couldn't because I'm really not a fan of bad writing. Twilight's overuse, and sometime wrong use, of large words and thesaurus slamming bugged the heck out of me. Using big words doesn't make you smart, it's makes you look stupidly arrogant, especially when you use them wrong..

I just hope you don't mind the mouthful I had to write earlier, I never write mouthfuls like the one I just did without good reason, Entitlement or not. emo

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Javier Cross
I just hope you don't mind the mouthful I had to write earlier, I never write mouthfuls like the one I just did without good reason, Entitlement or not. emo

To be honest I mostly glossed over that. sweatdrop I was just like "wow he likes .hack, back to gor!" << totes working on a guild right now.
Alexander J Luthor
Javier Cross

To be honest I mostly glossed over that. sweatdrop I was just like "wow he likes .hack, back to gor!" << totes working on a guild right now.

I feel a bit sad, Beeline Reader or not. sad
Don't forget about Skulduggery Pleasant or Madoka Magica either, and
in fact praise the fact the last of the 3(Dot Hack, Skulduggery Pleasant and Madoka Magica) managed to avoid the fates of the first two thus far and pray that it stays that way for all time.
What's 'Gor' again? sweatdrop

That link for the quote from the Abrahamic Texts
should be kept in mind whenever a new version of the Mary Sue Litmus Tests show up,
it'll be far more useful and far less likely to be abused all over the place if that quote was kept in mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff