In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dapper Risk-Taker

Wha' th' ******** is dis bullshit?
How th' hell can ya compare those two together?
One is an all time classic tha' has captured th' hearts of millions ever since it was published in th' 1950s
While th' other is a piece of crap tha' glorified abusive relationships and brought shame ta vampires everywhere
So th' Lord of th' Rings of course

Sexy Vampire

18,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
        What the hell? Why is the topic "Lord of the Rings or Twilight", but the poll is strictly Twilight characters?

On top of that, why are we still comparing things Twilight obviously cannot compare to, and why are we comparing two series who really have nothing in common (I understand we can compare anything to anything really, but really, what brought this on?)?

Let's break this down, shall we?

Twilight is a series of "young adult" fantasy novels (that are toted as being a "saga" when in reality it is NOT) that portrays a whiny middle-class white girl who thinks her life is so ******** hard all the time falling in love with an abusive sparkly vampire who controls who she sees, has his family kidnap her "for her own safety", uses sex as a means to rope her into marriage and to play on her desire to become a vampire so she can stay with him forever, and features that girl's daughter being child groomed to be later boinked by her ex-plaything werewolf. This is a general overview, not counting the lack of character development, the fact that nothing happens for the most part in the first book until there's a hundred pages left in a four hundred or so page novel, and all the failed basic history, biology, geography, and general research the author has admitted to not doing.

Lord of the Rings is a long epic story about a quest to find a magic ring (The Hobbit), and then to destroy it because it's evil (The Lord of the Rings). The main character is a hobbit, a small peaceful fantasy race who really just want to be left alone for the most part and have their peace, quiet and second breakfasts. These hobbits are called to go on a huge quest and are pulled out of their comfort zones, where they grow, change, and become better for it. As far as I know (because I haven't had the pleasure or the luxury of the spare time to read them/watch the movies), there's no spousal abuse (romance isn't a huge part of the story, it's in there, but it's not what the story is about), there's no *****, there's just a timeless story about an epic quest that lasts over quite a few books and has been turned into a few (really long) and well-done movies.

I fail to see the comparison here.
One has over half a century of staying power.

One is on the decline after ten years.

You tell me.

Sparkly Hellhound

Not sure if amused or not topics like this are still being made..
I will actually answer the question : LORD OF THE FLIES! Oh... Wrong title.
Lord Of Twilight!

In a relationship with Cyberweasel89

Sweet Mage

26,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
ANDREWSBD
Lord Of Twilight!

Once again, how about no. A crossover of the two is just wrong since it would be an insult of such a great work of literature.

Liberal Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Lol everyone loves Alice

Dangerous Nymph

12,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
they literally have nothing in common tho??? completely different genres, intended audiences.......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff