<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 523 524 525 > >> >>> »|

Hygienic Exhibitionist

10,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
ChildOfWestWind
Chamomile Catastrophe
For this new season, I don't know how into some of the casting I am. Abby's voice made me like her more though, but I don't really understand why they decided to make her Russian when she's supposed to be from the Himalyas. I really like the Frankie x Jackson coupling, but I don't understand why they gave him a girl voice. Besides that they made Jackson way more awkward then I thought he should be, but he's still cute xD

I kind of liked her voice,
but I hadn't realized she was suppose
to be from the Himalyas xD
Do you think they will bring gill back?
D:
I am super sad that Lagoona is sad.
; 3;

Yeah, the abominable snowman is supposed from up in the Himilayas, so I was really confused when her design came out. I do think the voice suits her though.
I hope Gill comes back!

And congrats on finding the new Lagoona :]

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Chamomile Catastrophe
ChildOfWestWind
Chamomile Catastrophe
For this new season, I don't know how into some of the casting I am. Abby's voice made me like her more though, but I don't really understand why they decided to make her Russian when she's supposed to be from the Himalyas. I really like the Frankie x Jackson coupling, but I don't understand why they gave him a girl voice. Besides that they made Jackson way more awkward then I thought he should be, but he's still cute xD

I kind of liked her voice,
but I hadn't realized she was suppose
to be from the Himalyas xD
Do you think they will bring gill back?
D:
I am super sad that Lagoona is sad.
; 3;

Yeah, the abominable snowman is supposed from up in the Himilayas, so I was really confused when her design came out. I do think the voice suits her though.
I hope Gill comes back!

And congrats on finding the new Lagoona :]

She is really pretty,
I was hoping for Abby.
But she made me happy too!

And I helped a grandmother who was looking
for Spec.

Seems like Toy's r us has two monster
high set ups now.

One in the very front of the store
and one in its normal spot.
And i had seen it and I ran all the way up there
to make sure someone else didn't grab her.

xD
The woman was so excited, she was
going to surprise her granddaughter with it.

I just need to figure out a good photo
shoot for her and my other school's
out doll's.
c:
Oh, man, I love Abbey. Her Russian accent confused the hell out of me, though XD Although, reports of the yeti have come from all over the world, so maybe?

UGH, my Toys R Us only have the Dead Tired and Wave 1 dolls. They told me they don't expect another MH shipment til November.
And it seems like someone else in my area is looking for Abbey, cause everytime I hit a store that carries MH, the rest of the toy section will be pristine but the MH section is all over the place and messy and ugh.

As for Jackson, his doll is soooo different from the webisodes. His doll has an eyebrow piercing! I would have prferred a geekier doll, lol.
Jackson has an eyebrow piercing in the webisodes. It's just hard to see because his glasses are usually in the way.

You can see it here: User Image
He's actually very on-model to the 'basic Jackson' design you see elsewhere on the site.

The confusion rose up because for whatever reason, Jackson's Gloom Beach doll came out months before his basic character model was revealed. His Gloom Beach doll riffs on some of Jackson's themes - he's got dual-toned shorts and a yellow/gray/green color scheme - but like the other beach dolls, it's a total reimagining of his themes, including translating his regular glasses into Kanye shades.

Doesn't help that the art on the GB boxes don't show his glasses either, but his skullette logo is on the boxes and THAT revealed that he was always intended to be a nerd. His skullette has Doctor Who style nerd hair and a bow tie.

Still, it was very funny seeing fanart of people's ideas of what they THOUGHT Jackson's basic look was going to be like after his nerd persona was revealed. rofl

Tip about his doll: Wash the gel out of his hair. He instantly looks a thousand times better when his hair isn't all plastered on his forehead.

Wheezing Codger

I really wish they would make Jackson's basic doll already... I don't like his beach outfit at all. /:

My Toys R Us has most of the new ones, but I didn't see School's Out Clawdeen or Abbey, which are the ones I want next...
And it seems as though my TRU has two Monster High sections as well! My mom pointed it out when we went yesterday, and it's a good thing she did because...
I got Spectra as well as Draculaura's Coffin Bed!!
Ahh, I was just SO excited to find her, and she was the last one. :'D

@Frankie Stein x; What episode is the gif you posted from? It doesn't seem to me as if I've watched that one...

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Frankie Stein x
Jackson has an eyebrow piercing in the webisodes. It's just hard to see because his glasses are usually in the way.

You can see it here: User Image
He's actually very on-model to the 'basic Jackson' design you see elsewhere on the site.

The confusion rose up because for whatever reason, Jackson's Gloom Beach doll came out months before his basic character model was revealed. His Gloom Beach doll riffs on some of Jackson's themes - he's got dual-toned shorts and a yellow/gray/green color scheme - but like the other beach dolls, it's a total reimagining of his themes, including translating his regular glasses into Kanye shades.

Doesn't help that the art on the GB boxes don't show his glasses either, but his skullette logo is on the boxes and THAT revealed that he was always intended to be a nerd. His skullette has Doctor Who style nerd hair and a bow tie.

Still, it was very funny seeing fanart of people's ideas of what they THOUGHT Jackson's basic look was going to be like after his nerd persona was revealed. rofl

Tip about his doll: Wash the gel out of his hair. He instantly looks a thousand times better when his hair isn't all plastered on his forehead.

I learned something new!
My biggest issue is his head,
along with Holt's head.
They are so...square
and just seem so unplease to the eye.
:c

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Does any know of clawdeen's bed is anything?

Draculaura's is a jewelry box,
Frankei's is a mirror
and Lagoona's is a night light.

Did they just make her's a bunch bed?
And I wonder
if they will make Ghoulia
and Cleo a bed. o 3o
ChildOfWestWind

I learned something new!
My biggest issue is his head,
along with Holt's head.
They are so...square
and just seem so unplease to the eye.
:c

I like his head better than Deuce's, myself. Personal taste, I guess. blaugh I also think his doll looks WAY cuter if he has glasses on. I've tried it out with a few different doll pairs. Nothing fits perfect, but I think when his basic doll comes out, he's going to surprise a lot of people with how cute it looks.

Also, I ship Frankie and Jackson like woah, so I am just pleased as punch every second of screentime they share. I even like Jackson's voice, because it makes him sound younger and a little more vulnerable than the rest of the guys in Monster High.

Jackson Jekyll is the reason I got sucked into Monster High...(okay, long story time)

My friend who is making the Draculaura account and I like to hang out on the weekends, and sometimes we go to Toys R Us. I have a degree in 3-d modeling (re: Sculpting, specifically toys!) and she is a comic book illustrator, so we love keeping up on what the newest and most popular toys are. A few months ago, we were going through the girly aisles at TRU when she stopped at the Monster High display.

"These dolls are pretty cute." She noted. We looked through the dolls.

"Yeah, I've seen these around. At Target they have a display that shows pictures of a nerd girl that there is no doll of. It's a bummer, she's the cutest character."

"Sure, they made a doll of her, look." My friend turned over one of the doll's boxes and showed me the little picture of the Ghoulia Yelps doll. We proceeded to go through all of the dolls, searching for Ghoulia. No such luck! A little disappointed, we looked harder at the doll she found the picture on, which was a Holt Hyde doll.

We noted that he reminded us of Michael Jackson with his head on fire. I told my friend that there was another boy doll I'd seen, which was Jackson Jekyll. So we pulled one of those out and compared the two.

"So is Jackson Jekyll and Holt Hyde supposed to be the same boy?" I asked. We pored through the boxes, trying to find something that would say if they were, or if they were brothers or cousins or whatever. The weird thing was, neither box said a thing about that one way or the other.*

After going through all the dolls, we left Toys R Us but I was still curious so I googled "Jackson Jekyll" and found the Monster High main site and wiki. I went through the whole site and found out that yes, indeed they were the same boy. I also found the webisodes and watched them all (It was about halfway through the Fearleading story arc at that point) and was totally sucked in.

My first Monster High doll was Ghoulia, and I searched all over to try to find her. It took me two weeks! And I thought, 'that's it, she's the best doll and I have her, so I won't buy any more.'

Then I bought Lagoona.

Then Cleo and Deuce. Then Frankie.

Aaaaaaaaand now, I have every doll except Abbey and School's Out Lagoona. blaugh And it's all Jackson's fault because his doll's box didn't tell you if he was Holt Hyde or not!

*There is a hint on Jackson Jekyll's box that he and Holt are the same boy, but my friend and I missed it.
ChildOfWestWind
Does any know of clawdeen's bed is anything?

Draculaura's is a jewelry box,
Frankei's is a mirror
and Lagoona's is a night light.

Did they just make her's a bunch bed?
And I wonder
if they will make Ghoulia
and Cleo a bed. o 3o

Her bed does not turn into anything. It's just a bunk bed. A really awesome bunk bed, but still just a bed.

User Image

I super hope they make Cleo and Ghoulia beds.

Wheezing Codger

I like Clawdeen's bed as well, but Draculaura's is so much more creepy. <3

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
@ Frankie-
That happened to me
almost a year or so ago!

We were in target looking
at the halloween stuff and the rag
doll's had just come out.
And I really love the frankie one,
so my mum got it for me.

A year or less later I found the doll's.
xD
All down hill from there.

Whenever his basic comes out,
i will probably get it, still not sold
100% on Holt though.
gonk

I think I am just going to get
Lagoona and Clawdeen.
I was going to get ALL of the bed's
but that's kind of expensive
and I don't have that much space.
xD
<3

Kitteh:
So do you use it as her bed
or jewelry box?
c:
ChildOfWestWind
@ Frankie-
That happened to me
almost a year or so ago!

We were in target looking
at the halloween stuff and the rag
doll's had just come out.
And I really love the frankie one,
so my mum got it for me.

A year or less later I found the doll's.
xD
All down hill from there.

Whenever his basic comes out,
i will probably get it, still not sold
100% on Holt though.
gonk

I think I am just going to get
Lagoona and Clawdeen.
I was going to get ALL of the bed's
but that's kind of expensive
and I don't have that much space.
xD
<3

Kitteh:
So do you use it as her bed
or jewelry box?
c:

xd

These dolls suck people in in all kinds of sneaky ways.

I don't have Draculaura or Frankie's beds yet, though I will probably get them eventually.

One bummer about Clawdeen's bed is that it does not come with a tiny version of her diary, like all of the other beds do. That seemed strange to me.

You know, I would like to know, everyone who posts here, what their favorite doll so far is?

I think mine is Dead Fast Ghoulia.

Wheezing Codger

My sister told me about them when she came to visit one day and she showed me the webisodes. The next day when we went to Target, I got Frankie, and since then I've gotten as many as my mum allows me. xD

My favourite doll might just be Spectra...she is just so cool and amazing aksjhakeh I just can't stop looking at her and moving her hands around. xD Online pictures do not do her justice.

@ChildOfWestWind; For now I'm using it as her bed. :>

Oh, but a heads up to anyone who may get her bed in the future - the top part of the coffin is not initially attached to the bottom part. In the instructions it tells you to snap it on, but be careful. Once you do, I don't think you can get it off easily, and it's a bit dark. But, it's still adorable either way. (:
Kitteh Princess
My sister told me about them when she came to visit one day and she showed me the webisodes. The next day when we went to Target, I got Frankie, and since then I've gotten as many as my mum allows me. xD

My favourite doll might just be Spectra...she is just so cool and amazing aksjhakeh I just can't stop looking at her and moving her hands around. xD Online pictures do not do her justice.

They really don't. She is lovely in person and the 'fading' effect on her hands really does make them sort of disappear against certain backgrounds.

Now we need Dawn of the Dance Spectra, gogogo Mattel!

Wheezing Codger

Do you think they would? I rather doubt it since they're past it now.

But I have nothing against it if they make her! mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces