ChildOfWestWind
xKelpiex
ChildOfWestWind
I am thinking of making
a anther post on the front page
for all of the cosplayer's on gaia.

What does everyone else think?
That sounds cool!

And yeah, one of the main reasons I do not Like Scarah is that her outfit is so boring, ugh. There's nothing to it.

Frankie: Those details sound great!

I shall work on that later tonight then! :3
And yah, it was not very pretty,
but i figured its because the few spots you have
seen her in the show. that's what she is wearing,
if she comes out in that outfit, i am totally changing it.
xD
I wish they would have made her a ginger. She's a BANSHEE, a celtic spirit. Instead, she looks Asian.

What I'm hoping for...what I'm REALLY hoping for, is that they give Scarah some added value

by making her glow in the dark.
That would be AWESOME. I'd actually buy her if they did that.
xKelpiex

Wouldn't it?

I also think that the Headless Headmistress and "Daughter of Arachne" will wind up produced eventually. At least, I hope so. Adding four extra arms to a doll does seem like it would wind up costly in production.

I felt that Daughter of Arachne's prototype was really just thrown together at the last minute. I mean, they didn't even have a formal real name for her trademarked, so they went with the generic "Daughter of Arachne" title rather than give her a name that they didn't own yet.

Wheezing Codger

OMG glow in the dark Scarah would be so rad. <3

You know what character would be interesting to have as a doll? The green haired cyclops girl in the cartoons. I don't know her name, but she keeps cropping up.

And also, there are MH forums?! Can I have the link? I didn't know they had them...then again, I'm usually pretty behind on everything.

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Kitteh Princess

You know what character would be interesting to have as a doll? The green haired cyclops girl in the cartoons. I don't know her name, but she keeps cropping up.

And also, there are MH forums?! Can I have the link? I didn't know they had them...then again, I'm usually pretty behind on everything.

She would be an awesome doll.
4laugh
Kitteh Princess

This Site has forums, but I find them confusing and don't participate.

On Facebook, the group "Mommy Monsters" is a great place to hang out and get up to date news about MH, MH toys and MH stuff without having to deal with the weird children that hang out on Monster High's main FB page. It was set up by parents, but any collectors over 18 are welcome.

Other than that, all of my information comes from MH's facebook page and the Monster High Wiki site.

Don't read the comments on the MH wiki site. They will make you sad for the next generation. gonk

Wheezing Codger

I myself am, I guess, not much older than those annoying kids, but I have bit more sense. haha x3

Anyways, thank you for the links!
I swear that most of the commentors on the wiki have to be about 11 years old. If you're a young teenager and type as well as you do, then you give me hope. blaugh

Wheezing Codger

I just started high school, so good typing will be a necessity I presume. > n<" And thank you for the compliment!
Frankie Stein x
xKelpiex

Wouldn't it?

I also think that the Headless Headmistress and "Daughter of Arachne" will wind up produced eventually. At least, I hope so. Adding four extra arms to a doll does seem like it would wind up costly in production.

I felt that Daughter of Arachne's prototype was really just thrown together at the last minute. I mean, they didn't even have a formal real name for her trademarked, so they went with the generic "Daughter of Arachne" title rather than give her a name that they didn't own yet.
Really? i thought her design was awesome. COWBOY BOOTS, MAN. And her red hair was so pretty against the dark skin, reminds me of a black widow. Nd the fans gave her a name! Archnie.
xKelpiex
Really? i thought her design was awesome. COWBOY BOOTS, MAN. And her red hair was so pretty against the dark skin, reminds me of a black widow. Nd the fans gave her a name! Archnie.

I liked the red hair and the cowboy boots. Her hairstyle even had sort of a 'girl from the trailer park' flair (which I really liked!) but the belt and the picnic table-print dress didn't do much for me. A spider-girl should wear silk, right?

That said, her accessories and such were pretty obviously pulled from existing dolls just so that they had something physical to show at the Comic-con booth. When (and if) she gets made, I'll bet she looks even more awesome in production.

I've done work in the toy industry as a sculptor (when I just got out of college) and it's not uncommon in the very early production phases of a toy to make a mock-up using existing parts so that everyone involved in the process has a rough idea of what the final product may look like. What is uncommon is giving the public a look at something from that stage in the process.

My biggest concern about "Archnie" (I like that name!) is the tooling cost of the extra four arms. Adding additional parts like that adds to the cost of producing a doll, and if the initial cost to produce is too high, then the doll won't make it to production. From the pictures I saw of the prototype, I'm assuming that they accomplished the extra arms by basically having them be a 'backpack' that clipped to the back of the doll, rather than creating a new torso with joints for six arms instead of two. All of those extra arms and joints bring up the cost of the doll, and if that cost is too high, then they will either have to think of ways to cheapen the doll up or scrap it from production.

If Archnie does make it to production, I would not be surprised to see her extra arms have fewer or no joints, for her not to include a purse, for her outfit to be less elaborate, etc...small cost-cutting measures that will help to make her a more economical doll to produce.
Frankie Stein x
xKelpiex

I liked the red hair and the cowboy boots. Her hairstyle even had sort of a 'girl from the trailer park' flair (which I really liked!) but the belt and the picnic table-print dress didn't do much for me. A spider-girl should wear silk, right?

That said, her accessories and such were pretty obviously pulled from existing dolls just so that they had something physical to show at the Comic-con booth. When (and if) she gets made, I'll bet she looks even more awesome in production.

I've done work in the toy industry as a sculptor (when I just got out of college) and it's not uncommon in the very early production phases of a toy to make a mock-up using existing parts so that everyone involved in the process has a rough idea of what the final product may look like. What is uncommon is giving the public a look at something from that stage in the process.

My biggest concern about "Archnie" (I like that name!) is the tooling cost of the extra four arms. Adding additional parts like that adds to the cost of producing a doll, and if the initial cost to produce is too high, then the doll won't make it to production. From the pictures I saw of the prototype, I'm assuming that they accomplished the extra arms by basically having them be a 'backpack' that clipped to the back of the doll, rather than creating a new torso with joints for six
arms instead of two. All of those extra arms and joints bring up the cost of the doll, and if that cost is too high, then they will either have to think of ways to cheapen the doll up or scrap it from production.

If Archnie does make it to production, I would not be surprised to see her extra arms have fewer or no joints, for her not to include a purse, for her outfit to be less elaborate, etc...small cost-cutting measures that will help to make her a more economical doll to produce.
yeah, I figured. But, I'm not much of an accessories gal, so I don't think I would mind too much. I just really want her produced ;.; i'm starting to think the votes were rigged into making the least expensive doll now.
xKelpiex
yeah, I figured. But, I'm not much of an accessories gal, so I don't think I would mind too much. I just really want her produced ;.; i'm starting to think the votes were rigged into making the least expensive doll now.

To be perfectly honest, I did wonder that too at first, but then, why even bother putting together a poll?...strange.

I voted for Scarah Screams myself because I like her mod 1960's look quite a lot, but I hold out hope that all three of them will end up being produced. Mattel has done polls like this for their DC Comics collector line in the past and they've put figures that didn't win the poll in production if they proved popular requests.

So, the best way to see Arachne get made is to keep asking Mattel for her, on Facebook, at Cons, through customer service, any way you can think of.
ChildOfWestWind
I am thinking of making

I didn't notice this at first. I think it'd be nifty! blaugh

I have as many of the cosplayers as I could find on my friendlist. I have a friend who is working on a Draculaura account right now, but pink body dye is expensive.

Chamomile Catastrophe has an awesome Lagoona Blue cosplay she wears sometimes, too. I wish she'd make it into an alt account so I could see that clever cosplay all the time.

Blessed Pumpkin

12,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Frankie Stein x
ChildOfWestWind
I am thinking of making

I didn't notice this at first. I think it'd be nifty! blaugh

I have as many of the cosplayers as I could find on my friendlist. I have a friend who is working on a Draculaura account right now, but pink body dye is expensive.

Chamomile Catastrophe has an awesome Lagoona Blue cosplay she wears sometimes, too. I wish she'd make it into an alt account so I could see that clever cosplay all the time.

Her's is so great!
And so is yours!
They look like official monster
high stuff.
I am going to work on the post
later today, I have been so busy. x ox;
I have alot of them on my friends list,
once the post is up if you see anyone missing
just shoot me there profile.
c:

Wheezing Codger

The thing I'm wondering about the Arachne doll is how movable her arms will be, if she gets three on each side (I think that was the number)...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff