Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think playing with toys can help with creativity especially if you're like me and like to make stuff. For example I'm planing on doing a Wreck-It-Ralph cosplay sometime in the future and wanted to make my hands bigger but I still want to be able to use them. I'm planing on getting out my old erector set and playing around with some ideas for a small scale model before I go out and get the real stuff.

sweatdrop I realize not everybody is into making things but I still think playing with toys can be good for stress if nothing else.

Dapper Conventioneer

It's not that we stop playing as we grow old, we start to grow old when we stop playing.
Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
~*~

Just as a previous poster mentioned, as long as you are a responsible adult. Personally, it's great to just have those moments to act like a child again.

I am 21, and I still gasp happily at the sight of playgrounds. I still love being on the swings, climbing around everything. I still love climbing trees and taking caring of my stuffed animals. I am always fascinated by the ice cream truck, etc.

I'm such a kid at heart and I love making children smile! When I have kids, I'm going to make sure they have the most rockin' childhood ever!
Oh, and to poster above me: I was totally thinking of that quote!! I just forgot who said it, haha.

~*~

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

I'm 23 years old and, just like the above poster, I absolutely go nuts when I see a playground.

I get excited when I play video games and I'd rather watch cartoons over anything else on TV.

I'm also an avid collector of My Little Pony merchandise as well as other things, and my room looks more like the bedroom of a 5 year old than someone my age. I don't really care though. I know when I need to be serious and adult about things, but I also never want to let go of my inner child because life would be boring otherwise. I don't care if people judge me for that either, because I'm happy and that's all that matters.

I know a lot of people feel too embarrassed to walk down the toy aisle in a store let alone taking a toy up to the cash register, in fear that the cashier may give them weird looks.
As for me? The workers at my local Target, Walmart and Toys R Us know exactly what I'm going for when they see me walk in. It's actually quite funny. I have absolutely no shame in marching up to the counter with my arms full of toys and trading cards (and thankfully my fiance doesn't mind that either, haha).

I say as long as you know how to prioritize and stick with your responsibilities, it's perfectly acceptable to be a little immature.

User Image
User Image

Sugary Kitten

13,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
D is for Delightful
I'm 20 and I still play on the swings in the park. xd

THIS!!!
I love going on the swings while listening to my iPod.
Also, I collect dolls and not like porcelain dolls or BJDs or anything I'm talking about play line dolls particularly Monster High. I also have a few squinkies and stuffed animals. When I tell people about my dolls I usually say "I collect dolls" but I'm not afraid to call them toys. Sometimes I call them toys and sometimes I call them collectibles because to me they're both. They are for play and display biggrin
Pffft. I play beyblades, box says 8+ last I checked I'm older than 8. As long as you aren't using it for some weird reason to play with kids or whatever... I don't think it matters, being a grown up doesn't mean being a lifeless shell of boring.

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
One of the best things about being an adult is that you can spend your extra money on whatever toys you want without your parents trying to talk out of it.

I'm probably older then anyone else here and I just bought a bunch of Monster High dolls, was blowing bubbles on my way home from work, just spent ten minutes looking for a decently priced Blossom Flowerpot doll, and I love tire swings, or swings in general. I would probably squee out loud if I ever saw an old fashion playground that hasn't got rid of it's merry-go-round. Whenever I find myself someplace new and fascinating, I like to pretend I'm going on an adventure in some far away fantasy realm.

I am also routinely mistaken for being at least ten years younger than I actually am. I always tell people I look young because I think young. I've never stopped letting the simpler joys and wonders of childhood in. I think it's important to allow yourself moments of pure childish fun in order to not lose your ability to enjoy life.

So long as you can maintain a stable life and don't lose sight of the line between fantasy and reality, then who cares if you still play with dollies. Bleh, grown ups can be so judgmental. They were probably just jealous that they don't have enough courage to play openly like that.

Magical Star

I'm 12 forever.

d:

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't think I'll ever "Grow up" accoding to society's standard. It all seems so hollow and boring if you don't have something in your life you are passionate about. My hobby just happens to be collecting toys, which is more often than not looked down upon. I think even a few of my friends (who are just as nerdy as I am) think it's a bit weird or extreme to have as many action figures and dolls as I do. I've even had a friened of mine tell me that collecting Transformers is stupid because I cant'make the same money that he claims he does with his Yu-Gi-Oh cards. It was actually quite upsetting hearing it from someone that I consider a close friend. I try to just ignore it, though, as I really don't need their approval when it concerns what I choose to spend my extra money. They also have no right to tell me what should and shouldn't make me happy.

Amateur Prophet

I am 30 and all of my "fun money" goes to LEGO, Nerf, books and video games. I do get the strangest looks sometimes when I buy LEGO and Nerf in regular stores, but when it comes down to it what the hell do I care? I have a job, own a house and a car and can enjoy my free time as I see fit.

Beloved Bloodsucker

20,225 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
10_Ace_of_Spades
Anyone over 18 who still love to play and be a child at heart? I'm 20 years old and I got a kids meal at McDonads and after eating I started playing the toy, which caused a lot of strange looks my way. I miss being a kid, when you could do childish things and have no one care.
Its cool...I collect the smurf toys from McDonalds....I have them on a shelf

Dapper Cultist

I'm 23.

I usually pretend I'm buying toys for 'relatives' when I'm at the store. (nope!)

I just got this really awesome Toothless action figure (from How To Train Your Dragon) and it's the best! XD
:/ But I can't figure out the mechanism for getting it to spit a dart out... very frustrating.

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
Heck, I'm over 18 and I'm still a kid at heart. I collect action figures and toys that I really enjoy, who cares about what others think? Me and one of my best friends, who's a couple of years older than me, will go and hang out in a toys r' us, i freaking love it whee Sure there are some adults that stare at me whenever I bring in my action figure with me or see me playing video games, they can stare all they want... they aren't going to change me or what I like.

I've had some employees at my office telling me I need to grow up when they see a happy meal toy that I brought in, I just tell them a quote from Mythbusters "I reject your reality and substitute my own." that shuts them up.

You'll never have me part from my toys *hugs them close*

Alien Star

I am also 20. I work two jobs so when the days start to stress me out I kind of talk to....imaginary friends. I know that they are not real and I don't talk to "them" in public. There are just some things that I never want to share with my real friends so I just spill those feelings on my fake "friends."

Another childish side that I have is that I collect plush pandas. They are just so cute! How can I not own one....or ten....or twenty.

Not really collecting, but I own two Monster High dolls which are Abby and Lagoona. As a kid I grew up with the basic Barbie and Bratz dolls so seeing dolls like the Monster High dolls is pretty neat. I don't understand why some parents say they look, "scary." I personally think that they look cuter than the Bratz dolls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff