Another character (post with your pick) 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
This poll closed on December 1, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Lonely Phantom

You Sir Are Jesus
Desna

Could it be that given all they've been through and seen. That Maggie had come to some sort of understanding that there was a possibility that Beth wasn't going to be seen again? I don't think anyone really spoke of Beth much after Daryl caught up to the group.

Yes, but they never show it. They never even hint at her thinking like that. That she buried her feelings or anything like that. And she was told about the cross car for a moment at the beginning of the season while they are in the train car. And they did say that they were ready to go search for her and that was part of why they weren't ready to leave with Abraham.

They could have even had Glenn, the person closest to Maggie, express concern that she's hardly said a word about her sister to anyone. It's never touched on.

Really, the writers just seemed to have glossed over her character and what should have been a major thing during the last half of season 4 and season 5, but she's been ignored. I feel it could have been far more impactful had they given some development with Maggie. That they actually showed even a couple of tiny scenes with her dealing with her separation from Beth and what she was actually thinking. And now, given a moment to hope, she has it all dashed again. That would have been nice and even more sad.

Lonely Phantom

Though, thinking back, you could say that Beth really didn't show a lot of concern for her sister, either. She was ready to run off and leave Maggie behind when she was running around the forest with Daryl after the prison fell. She was all about "I'm strong and independent!" I don't think I remember her saying a bit about her sister in late season 4 or the episodes in season 5.

It almost makes it seem as though the sisters were never that close.

Lonely Phantom

Rewatching the episode and it shows Dawn with her gun out and in her hand as they are arguing over Noah.

And the whispering behind Dawn just before the group leaves, before she asks for Noah... I at least get the idea that she only asked for Noah because she felt she needed to look strong again, I think. That she wanted to throw her weight around in front of her people and have one up over Rick's group.

I also wonder if Rick and Sasha will wonder if them losing and killing Cop Bob would have changed anything about what happened to Beth. If they had a third hostage to turn over to release Noah if that would have meant Beth lived.

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Desna
Though, thinking back, you could say that Beth really didn't show a lot of concern for her sister, either. She was ready to run off and leave Maggie behind when she was running around the forest with Daryl after the prison fell. She was all about "I'm strong and independent!" I don't think I remember her saying a bit about her sister in late season 4 or the episodes in season 5.

It almost makes it seem as though the sisters were never that close.

Maggie and Beth were half-sisters.
I think the lack of discussion from the both was more a matter of, trying to deal with the grief of losing their father, and not wanting to hold out hope that their sister was alive in the event that it turned out not to be true.

This also sets up Maggie's suicide attempt in the comics.

Bloblike Loiterer

Gabriel's excuse fer leaving the church was so weak. What did he have to know, honestly? And what did he need to know that he couldn't ask one of the others? Had they lied to him before? Nope. Jackass.

I knew it was between Beth & Carol. I honestly thought it was going to be Carol as a ways fer Dawn to eliminate any ties she had to the outside world. Claiming it was an accident of some kind, that one of the other orderlies gave her an incorrect dosage. It was kinda looking like she wanted Beth to become her personal lackey. The second I saw the scissors go in the cast, I knew. And honestly, why did Noah need to come in? Couldn't they have also lied about him being attacked by that same mob of walkers? I knew Stupid a** Dawn was gonna make him stay. Literally, Dawn didn't die soon enuff.

But Daryl's (more than Maggie's, tbh) face nearly killed me. I felt sorry in the sense she was given what turned out to be false hope. On the other hand, she did leave without verified proof of her sister being dead so any pain she now suffers is in part her fault. Where was that same diehard attitude she had when seeking Glenn? She coulda so used that to search out Beth, but didn't. I knew one of the main characters was going out and part of me was so sure it was gone be Daryl. While sad, at least she went out fighting.

Rip Beth.

Shirtless Noob

4,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Market Browser 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Desna
Wut Panda
Wait, did Beth expect to kill Dawn by stabbing her in the shoulder? And nobody saw Dawn draw her gun, really? Sad she died tho sad

On the bright side, now there's no one standing in the way of DarylxCarol emotion_awesome

I don't know what Beth was thinking. It just seemed like she lost her mind in anger and her need for revenge. There were guns everywhere. Honestly, that entire situation really could have turned into a full-on shoot out in that hallway with dozens of people dead. It was a stupid move that I don't really feel helped anyone. Yeah, Noah is free now, but she's dead. Now Noah has to live with that, too.

Everybody haaaaates Noah emotion_awesome

Invisible Phantom

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
my only emotion is crying
Desna
Rewatching the episode and it shows Dawn with her gun out and in her hand as they are arguing over Noah.

And the whispering behind Dawn just before the group leaves, before she asks for Noah... I at least get the idea that she only asked for Noah because she felt she needed to look strong again, I think. That she wanted to throw her weight around in front of her people and have one up over Rick's group.

I also wonder if Rick and Sasha will wonder if them losing and killing Cop Bob would have changed anything about what happened to Beth. If they had a third hostage to turn over to release Noah if that would have meant Beth lived.

Good analysis, esp. on why Dawn asked for Noah, that definitely sounds like something she'd do.

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
I was hoping some of those cops or that doctor would join the group when Rick offered to let them in.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I was hoping that they would just shoot the rest of the hospital group. Just because, Bethy feels. crying crying crying
Desna

I feel like even if they had the third officer Dawn still would have tried to get Noah back, just one more person to show her "power", too.

I thought Beth's death was a real cop out on the part of the writers, and it just seems like an excuse to bring in more "man pain" for other characters.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Rachuul
I was hoping that they would just shoot the rest of the hospital group. Just because, Bethy feels. crying crying crying

I was hoping that as well, Got mad when it didnt happen.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Rachuul

I was totally expecting and anticipating for the group to go storming into the hospital guns ablazing. crying crying

Feline Bookworm

At first I thought the shot came from behind Beth, meaning someone from her own group
cause of how her head split at the back but I guess that was just where the bullet came out the
other end. The way Sasha was holding her gun freaked me and I thought she'd lost the plot and
shot her cause of grief & stuff. I would like to know who did it though. I can't see it being
Dawn because she seemed to like Beth, and was too close to her to shoot her in the head unseen,
right? I hope we get to know who it was. e.e;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces