Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Lunatic

greenprincess36
Peeta heart heart heart heart heart
Haha cute:]
The only thing I disliked about the movie is the amount of screen time Rue got. She got a sufficient amount, but the time spent on getting to know her was miniscule.

To the people saying President Snow was disappointing: I disagree. When I first saw him, I could smell the blood and roses.

Durem Citizen

What I Didn't Like
I didn't like the mutts. They just looked like bland wolflike dogs. They were suppose to look like the dead tributes.
Thresh wasn't killed by Cato.
Cato didn't have the armor like he did in the book.
Katniss didn't cover Rue's body with flowers. She just lined her outside and put flowers in Rue's hand.
Glimmer was all over Cato in the movie when he and Clove were all buddy buddy in the book.
All the tribute's weren't on stage together like they were in the book.

What I Did Like
Peeta and Ceasar's conversation.
The look on Gale's face when Katniss and Peeta kiss.
The respect that you can see on the faces of the people from District 11.
The look president Snow has at the end.
I already am a little sketchy about movies that originate from a book.. Because if you have read the books, 90% of the time, you either love or hate the movie. In this case.. I pretty much hate the movie. I've only seen 5 minutes of it (online, for free, sorry but I'm not gonna pay them anything for this piece of s**t) and I figured that since they didn't get the Seam right, the rest of the movie would suck too. I've watched all of the trailers (and the trailers are supposed to be the good parts of a movie to attract people) and I didn't like it.. I didn't like any of it.
The music is just wrong, Katniss doesn't look like the girl I had pictured in my head, I didn't see the desperation.. They screwed it all up.
And I know they can't please everyone.. But c'mon..

I'll try again tonight but.. I don't think it's much for me.. Especially not since I've read all the things that were missing and were BLOODY IMPORTANT IN THE FRIGGIN' SERIES!

Like I said.. I'll try again tonight..

Beloved Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
they skimmed over practically everything.

i did like how they threw in the control center for the games, though.

but the mutts didnt have the dead tributes' eyes. why not? they just looked like dogs. i pictured them to be huge and drooling.

also, when cato (? this is sad i saw the movie LAST WEEK!! but i read the books 2 years ago so :/ whatever.) is thrown off the cornucopia, he's supposed to fight the dogs all night. katniss and peeta sit up there for HOURS waiting for him to die when katniss is finally like "im gonna put him out of his misery."

another thing, fox-face was NEVER explained. all you saw of her was when she stole some of the career's food. i understand that you never really saw her in the book either, but when they showed her face in the movies (the only like ... 2 times she was shown) i was like "wait who is that girl?"

and then when all the tributes were brought in on the chariots? i expected the fire to be full-body. not scarves. that was pathetic. that wasnt half-assed!! half-assed wasnt even the amount of effort they put into that!! that was just "ok, i think the scarves will do." but sir- "I SAID SCARVES ONLY! we're not wasting money to make this look cool. we're cheap! get over it!"

and, idk if this is just me (none of my friends saw it so it prolly is just me XD ), but i pictured Snow to be black. why? cause he's badass!! im sitting in front of the screen thinking "who the hell is that old white guy?" snow was supposed to be intimidating. i didnt feel the least bit threatened when i saw the old white guy sitting in that chair.

the tracker jacker venom was also a little iffy. i liked it but i didnt like it... before katniss passed out, she was supposed to fall into a bubbling purple goo, right? and rue didnt put the leaves on while she was sleeping. and rue didnt die in katniss's arms like she did in the movie. (well, she kinda did..)

and what about the bread that rue's district was supposed to send katniss after she put the flowers around her? WHY WAS THERE NO BREAD? WHAT THE ********.

the parachute thing was pretty cute. but the dinging got annoying.

peeta never looked like he was about to die. AND WHERE THE ******** DID HE GET THE TOOLS TO PAINT HIMSELF EXACTLY LIKE THE ROCKS?

and katniss explaining the nightlock as she's in fear that peeta might be dead? -.- please. "PEETA NO!! THATS NIGHTLOCK YOU'LL BE DEAD IN x-amount of time IF YOU EAT THOSE!!!!" ...really? youre telling me that in her pure and extreme terror that peeta might have accidentally poisoned himself, she's going to waste x-amount of time explaining that the berries are poisonous? -.-"

THIS NEXT RANT HAS A SPOILER. SKIP IT IF YOU DONT WANNA SEE.
anyways. rue's death didnt affect me like it did in the book. i CRIED in the book. but at the movie, i was just like; "eh. prim's death is sadder." OH WAIT whoops, spoiler alert ( i doubt prim's death is even gonna affect me at all when it gets there. i wasnt really that much affected in the book anyways :/ it was like "oh. she's dead. ok. *flips page* "
end of spoiler (;

and then haymitch was supposed to be KO'ed drunk off his a**. the movie made it seem like he liked the occasional drink. um? ya sure, the actor had a decent drunk act. but it didnt seem like Haymitch.

and the black market? please. that was just a mess hall of people selling stuff. it was supposed to be s**t like "ive got booze!" "well ive got a turkey!" "....i have a dog... BEEF! I HAVE BEEF!! biggrin "

and madge DEFINITELY should have been in the movie. "gale's mother had more 'screen-time' in the book than madge." um? gale's mom was in there i believe a grand total of ONE time? if even. madge was the girl who gave katniss the pin. madge's mom was dying, which was why madge, gale, and katniss could only play outside when they were little.

WHY DIDNT PEETA'S DAD GIVE HER THE COOKIES? "she was only gonna throw them out the train window." SO? THATS BESIDE THE POINT!!!!!

and the red dress katniss wore at the interview... it was supposed to come up more. not stay around her ankles. WHY DIDNT SHE GET DIZZY LIKE SHE DID IN THE BOOK?

its really the little stuff that bothers me...

LIKE THE CROWN! why didnt the crown split into 2? everyone was supposed to be like "the ********? one crown? OHHH s**t! ITS 2 CROWNS!!!!!!!! :O OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"
-.-
snow didnt seem all that pissed at katniss either. and peeta wasnt the handsome, charming, charismatic guy i pitcured him. i didnt even like his face. it looked weird. BUT WHEN KATNISS THREW HIM INTO THE WALL, I WAS LIKE "FFUUUUCCCCKK YAAA!!!!!"

AND they never showed the movie about 13 getting destroyed. (is that the second book?) they didnt really explain ANYTHING except for the berries....

i have to admit, they did a lot better with the movie than i thought they would. but all the little stuff they took out :/ it really changed the whole thing. i didnt care at all for prim. they needed to make her loveable.

and when katniss volunteered to go in prim's place... i was like "....ok.... where's gale?" (damn i love gale.) and then gale popped up and i was like ".....ok..... ya....... hm....." there was no emotion! it was supposed to be heart-wrenching!

bleh. i think thats it.

Intellectual Lunatic

Prim's big scene in the last book wasn't emotional at all for me
The only real thing I wish was put in the movie was the train scene where Katniss tells Peeta she was just pretended to like him to help win the game. It's a important part in the book and I think it's also a really important thing for who evers watching the movie too know.
I think the movie made it seem like Katniss cared about Peeta far more then she really did.

Other than that I think most of the things left out of the movie weren't really important enough to have to be in the moive.
I really just diddnt like it at all, but theres yet to be 2 more coming. Im not going to the cinema for them

Intellectual Lunatic

Goddess Suki
I really just diddnt like it at all, but theres yet to be 2 more coming. Im not going to the cinema for them
Why not?

garrhardy's Wife

Charitable Dabbler

8,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Can I mention that i thought the chariot/ flame outfits were incredible!!!!!

Intellectual Lunatic

Damien_Desdemona
I already am a little sketchy about movies that originate from a book.. Because if you have read the books, 90% of the time, you either love or hate the movie. In this case.. I pretty much hate the movie. I've only seen 5 minutes of it (online, for free, sorry but I'm not gonna pay them anything for this piece of s**t) and I figured that since they didn't get the Seam right, the rest of the movie would suck too. I've watched all of the trailers (and the trailers are supposed to be the good parts of a movie to attract people) and I didn't like it.. I didn't like any of it.
The music is just wrong, Katniss doesn't look like the girl I had pictured in my head, I didn't see the desperation.. They screwed it all up.
And I know they can't please everyone.. But c'mon..

I'll try again tonight but.. I don't think it's much for me.. Especially not since I've read all the things that were missing and were BLOODY IMPORTANT IN THE FRIGGIN' SERIES!

Like I said.. I'll try again tonight..
The highlight of the movie for me, was the tracker jacker scene.. so maybe watch that one?

Intellectual Lunatic

Goddess Suki
Also, there are 3 more ^.^ Just saying xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces