Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Shapeshifter

9,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
Polkadot Pocky
This has probably been mentioned but...

The ending! ... That and on the train home Katniss doesn't really clarify to Peeta that she was "doing it all for the cameras".

That's what I caught too.
They kind of have it, but not really explained that, yeah, she was just doing it for the cameras.

Friendly Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
There was so many differences, but its inevitable that there would be changes putting a book on the screen, especially a book that is mostly in Katniss's mind.

I was a bit miffed about Peeta's leg at the end, and not having Katniss freaking out in the ship. And the lack of the sleeping medicine, that was a favourite part of mine from the book.
Peeta having two legs in the end was the biggest change for me, but I also really missed all the dialogue Peeta and Katniss were supposed to have while she was cleaning up his leg after she found him.
Nightly Lullaby
Lili Potter
Where is Peeta's fake leg!?!?!??!

Second book

No, first book, maybe second movie.

Pazoo's Fangirl

Shy Specter

Lili Potter
Nightly Lullaby
Lili Potter
Where is Peeta's fake leg!?!?!??!

Second book

No, first book, maybe second movie.

Ah, really? Sorry I may have gotten ahead of myself. Things like that just kind of merge together when thinking about all the books in general stare

5,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
The thing that made me dislike the movie was the lack of violence, the situation didn't seem as bad to me because it didn't look very brutal. an example off the top of my head is at the end where katniss gets her head cut open and it describes that she cant really see because of the blood pouring out.
I mean lord of the rings was a PG and they had heads on sticks and someone getting shot with arrows 6 times. They had someones finger getting bitten off.
Even the Harry potter movies were more violent, and this is a movie about brutally killing people.
Kinda disappointing
kiarados
Zelda loves muffins24
Katniss doesnt lose her hearing in the movie

She does in a way, you can kind of hear it. When the explosions go off, there is a high pitched frequency that you hear as if your hearing's been messed with. It's kind of hard to show someone's hearing loss.
no i mean like she doesnt show that she lost her hearing like touch or test her ear tell anyone that she cant hear out of her ear

Siege Machine's Subordinate

Shirtless Lover

kiarados
Polkadot Pocky
This has probably been mentioned but...

The ending! ... That and on the train home Katniss doesn't really clarify to Peeta that she was "doing it all for the cameras".

That's what I caught too.
They kind of have it, but not really explained that, yeah, she was just doing it for the cameras.

Exactly! In the book she was way more straight up about it.
Which makes me very curious as to how the beginning of Catching Fire (movie) will play out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff