Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lili Potter
Where is Peeta's fake leg!?!?!??!
Its going to be in the next movie or the one after that , which is a 2 part one

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
She didn't get the pin from Madge, they didn't mention avoxes, they didnt explain the mockingjays, they didn't amputate Peeta's leg. Also you didn't have as much of a feeling of time passing, and it wasn't as obvious that she didn't love Peeta, particularly at the end.

Nerd

they totally skipped the part how katniss struggles to find water. there were a few things that bugged me but overall i thought they really emphasized the main parts.
Marce uh line
Lili Potter

Don't count on that, they haven't even written the screenplay for the second movie. And I personally think all three books should be made into two films each.

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Out of curiosity, why are people picking at things that don't matter in the long run? The Pin, I could see why people would be upset, but honestly, that's easily rewritten to suit the need. No biggy. I loved the way Crane was killed, and honestly, I didn't think the mutts were too much of an issue, as it got the point across that they were in mortal danger. For those saying that they should of added things, the movie was close to 3 hours long. No. Just no. They were on a small budget, they couldn't do everything. They were also on a crunched time line. Stop bitching about what they didn't do, and enjoy what they did. Be grateful that the movie translated as well as it did, it could of been a hell of a lot worse.
Lili Potter

Don't count on that, they haven't even written the screenplay for the second movie. And I personally think all three books should be made into two films each.

I agree. I think it would help drive the story more and include some details that many people find essential. There is just so much to be put into a limited amount of time.
Lili Potter
Marce uh line
Lili Potter

But they decided how they were going to do it.
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
In the end of the movie, they made the game maker eat the berries to die. In the book, he didn't have to die..

yeah he did, thats why in Catching Fire they got a new gamemaster...

Really? I didn't read about him dying in The Hunger Games. I havent read Catching Fire thats why... confused

I think it mentions something about Seneca Crane punishment in The Hunger Games.
kevinhow
they totally skipped the part how katniss struggles to find water. there were a few things that bugged me but overall i thought they really emphasized the main parts.

It's kinda there, if you think about it.
When she got a chance to rest and look at her supplies there was a canteen that was empty.
Later on you see her following trails of moss leading to the water.
It may not be that big, but it was still there.

Greedy Bloodsucker

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Dove_of_Dawn
It's the best book to movie I've ever seen, and that includes HP. Go read Eragon, watch the movie, then complain about mutilation.

I completely agree with you.
They also forgot to add when the river gets drained...
OOOH I am ready to get nitpicky biggrin

-In the beginning, Katniss and Gale were supposed to be sharing berries. That was supposed to foreshadow to the end.

-Madge was supposed to give Katniss the Mockingjay pin. I think that was changed for time's sake, though.

-Peeta's wound was supposed to be all over his leg, not just a little cut.

-Katniss was supposed to have a cut on her head and lip.

-There were supposed to be Avoxes.

-What happened to Gale in the whole movie?

All in all, the movie was really good, but not comparable to the books.

Bashful Sex Symbol

10,400 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
We also have to remember the movie is based off of the book. So yeah, its not going to be exactly the same.
The muttations bugged me a bit, since I thought that they should look a bit more werewolf like, and it didn't have the fact that they have the faces of the dead tributes. But it didn't bother me that much, and the movie is great anyway. Of course the movie can't have as much information as the book, but for what it is, it was an excellent adaption.
Creeptastical
Starting off with the cat..... It was suppose to be an orange cat, am I right?

One that Im mad at, the Cornucopia.... ITS SUPPOSE TO BE GOLDEN DAMMIT NOT BLACK!!!! talk2hand

Another, the muttations. They made them look like rottweilers on crack, not the wolf-like tributes.

Another, how Thresh dies. They were running through the woods and they hear him getting killed by the muttations

Another, How they found Cato During the muttation attack. Cato was suppose to run past them and climb up the cornucopia, not already be up there.

Those are the ones I caught. You got any more?

None of those things bothered me. They're just minor changes that usually occur in book-to-film adaptations. What really bothered me, I posted in a semi-review, and they're pretty much all things that were added to the film, and not in the book.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff