Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Gaian

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
I know the last book wasn't so great, but at least Peeta had fell back in love with Katniss and convinced her to have children

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
I actually really liked the last book.
It definately wasn't the best way to end the series. Truthfully, the whole series went on a wild tangent in the third book. What does the rebellion have to do with anything?!

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I thought the last book was just as good as the other except for the small fact the Prim died......

Beloved Friend

6,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I dont agree with you the last book was really good a long with the rest of the books of the hunger games series smile

Feral Cat

8,025 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Finnicks death was horrible, she shouldn't have killed him off especially so brutally. I also didn't like how every other chapter Katniss is getting hurt somehow and when Prim died Katniss was just so emotionless which I didn't really like. Still its a great series, but the last book was more of a dissapointment.

Liberal Fatcat

I kind of have mixed feelings about the last book. On one hand, I admire it for being surprising and different. A happy ending is much to expected, and even then, it wasn't even too sad of an ending. I mean, Katniss and Peeta ended up together and had children, and although the events in her life traumatized her for good, the districts are free and there are no more hunger games. The nation is improving, and there is a bright future ahead of them.
On the other hand, though, I do agree that the author really shouldn't have tried so hard to make the book so different and surprising. Killing off Finnick really did piss me off, too, seeing as how he was my favorite character, but I think that was just to add...what's the word I'm looking for? Shock value? Yeah, something like that. I'm pretty sure that's why authors seem to like killing everyone's favorite character in the end. Prim's death I didn't really care for. I never liked her much, anyway. But I think that was kind of a pointless death, especially since we had already seen so many children die in the hunger games and things like that.
The last book felt as though it were taking place in a totally different world with a totally different plot entirely, but I don't hate it. The person I really, truly hated, though, was Katniss. Oh my ******** God, she was SUCH a Bella Swan in that damn book, I'm so upset that she didn't end up dead! >.< In the first book, I loved her. Second, eh. Third, I wanted to kill her so bad. She kind of lost her charm. I can't say I liked the book, but I didn't hate it, either.

Fanatical Man-Lover

22,575 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Phorr
Sammirah
Phorr
Tragick Lullaby
I do and don't agree... certain points I really think the author screwed up and other things I see as realistic so I'm not sure, I enjoyed the book at least so its whatever c:
I know, but Finnick didn't need to die cry

I agree that Finnick's death was kind of pointless (and imho needlessly brutal) especially since so many other characters died (even within that one damn chapter). It makes sense to me to have at least one "needless" death to show how pointless and shitty war is, but we had enough to make that point, didn't we? Why couldn't we have had someone like Johanna go out all kamikaze and crazy-like?
I thought Prim was the most pointless death.
Like seriously, why is a thirteen year old in the middle of a battle?
I know this is pointed out but yano.
Plus it makes the whole series seem a little pointless and hopeless,
because it's like, you can't escape death forever stressed

i was hella sad when the cat came home and was all like "WHERE IS MY BABY!" and katniss was all crying and yelled that she was dead. it kills the point that katniss made in the first book to protect prim.

Profitable Sex Symbol

5,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
This book was kinda good... I guess it was just to continue the series and ultimately make more money sad The thing is, some of the characters really didn't need to die

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Sure it wasn't as good as it could have been, but you obviously didn't get the story line.

3,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Flatterer 200
I think it was fine, but a little too fast.

Original Cutie-Pie

javgier-g
Phorr
Sammirah
Phorr
Tragick Lullaby
I do and don't agree... certain points I really think the author screwed up and other things I see as realistic so I'm not sure, I enjoyed the book at least so its whatever c:
I know, but Finnick didn't need to die cry

I agree that Finnick's death was kind of pointless (and imho needlessly brutal) especially since so many other characters died (even within that one damn chapter). It makes sense to me to have at least one "needless" death to show how pointless and shitty war is, but we had enough to make that point, didn't we? Why couldn't we have had someone like Johanna go out all kamikaze and crazy-like?
I thought Prim was the most pointless death.
Like seriously, why is a thirteen year old in the middle of a battle?
I know this is pointed out but yano.
Plus it makes the whole series seem a little pointless and hopeless,
because it's like, you can't escape death forever stressed

i was hella sad when the cat came home and was all like "WHERE IS MY BABY!" and katniss was all crying and yelled that she was dead. it kills the point that katniss made in the first book to protect prim.
this was exactly what I thought. Like it just put it in a big loop.
She might as well have done nothing, then prim would have died and there'd have been no rebellion. But the most irritating part was where she took lead of the group and got the majority killed. This is why you don't take initiative stare

Original Cutie-Pie

x--SchizoCandy
I kind of have mixed feelings about the last book. On one hand, I admire it for being surprising and different. A happy ending is much to expected, and even then, it wasn't even too sad of an ending. I mean, Katniss and Peeta ended up together and had children, and although the events in her life traumatized her for good, the districts are free and there are no more hunger games. The nation is improving, and there is a bright future ahead of them.
On the other hand, though, I do agree that the author really shouldn't have tried so hard to make the book so different and surprising. Killing off Finnick really did piss me off, too, seeing as how he was my favorite character, but I think that was just to add...what's the word I'm looking for? Shock value? Yeah, something like that. I'm pretty sure that's why authors seem to like killing everyone's favorite character in the end. Prim's death I didn't really care for. I never liked her much, anyway. But I think that was kind of a pointless death, especially since we had already seen so many children die in the hunger games and things like that.
The last book felt as though it were taking place in a totally different world with a totally different plot entirely, but I don't hate it. The person I really, truly hated, though, was Katniss. Oh my ******** God, she was SUCH a Bella Swan in that damn book, I'm so upset that she didn't end up dead! >.< In the first book, I loved her. Second, eh. Third, I wanted to kill her so bad. She kind of lost her charm. I can't say I liked the book, but I didn't hate it, either.
I was just so irritated that everything seemed to go back to the way it was, with how coin would have had another hunger games, katniss killing coin means she's banned from the capital and prim died anyway. Finnick was my favourite too, especially when he was like "snow sold my body". It just was to point out the fact that freedom is an illusion. I mean you'd be traumatised but you'd be happy for your life, whereas I personally felt there was just this initial sense of hopelessness at the end. She's just such a cold character emotion_donotwant
The book was a huge flop. It could have ended a lot better than it did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff