Welcome to Gaia! ::

How involved are you with The Hunger Games?

I've read the books. 0.3921568627451 39.2% [ 20 ]
I've seen the movie. 0.03921568627451 3.9% [ 2 ]
I've read the books AND I've seen the movie. 0.56862745098039 56.9% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 51 ]
< 1 2

4,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
omg....... i really want to go and watch the hunger games :O :O :O sorry if i got the wrong forum because i didn't get to read the title right emo and it wouldn't let me read you guyses coments o.O s don't judge me dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama
For the record, I felt rather underwhelmed with the movie, like everything was in a huge rush.

I'm gonna white my text here, because I have an uncanny ability to spoil, so here: First off, I liked the beginning a lot. I loved how they tied in the lullaby with Prim, because honestly? Rue was lacking so much. But I think that helped it tie them together, to help the viewer understand why it breaks Katniss so much when Rue dies.

It took a long time for it to sink in. I saw the midnight premier, and now, it's all kind of fitting. I want to go see it again, really. Everything with Haymitch and Effie and Cinna, was amazing. Really. Really amazing. I think the random Effie outbursts That is Mahogany! just cracked me up. And when Haymitch walks in before the reveal the scores, and gives Katniss a thumbs up? I loved that.

Josh and Jenn did an amazing job with what they had to work with, seriously. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Actually, everyone was really great, I can honestly say I have no squicks with the acting. I was pleased.

Can I also add, Donald Sutherland and Wes Bently. SO. MANY. PROPS. At the end, Seneca is lead to a large room and locked in with a bowl of berries. FORESHADOWING! And then you see Snow in the gamemakers control room or whatever you want to call it. It was like he is going to take matters into his own hands. So much love for that, it had me pointing at the screen frantically like omgomgomg. xD As far as details lack, I wanted a bit more cave (with the sleep syrup, at least) more Rue, and I would have liked there to have been the mentioning of Peeta's leg. But this is just me.

I think I can say I loved the movie for what it was, for what it was portraying. Would I see it again? Yes. Would I see the next movies? Yes. Do I hope Gary Ross and his team listen to the fans? I really do.

Cinnamon Dolce Latte
I just wanted to say, I think they kind of made a reference to her ear. After the explosion, did you notice how hard it was to hear? They didn't dwell on it because it wasn't just in Katniss' perspective, but yeah. I agree with you though :/

Well, that is all. I think :3

Invisible Conversationalist

x Karurie x
Was the violence really graphic? gonk

Not especially graphic at all, actually. It was more graphic in the books in my opinion.

Solice Hallows
Me and the movie have a love/hate relationship.

I'm with you on this a million times. Even the morning after and I'm still having wibble wobble feelings about it. So much that I think I'm just going to read the book tonight and revive my interest.

mockingjay_everdeen

I will spam in white text right back! Hahaha.

I totally agree with you that it was super rushed and there were elements of it I liked. I'm finding now I wish they'd almost cut the movie in half though I'm not sure how that was possible. It was a nice overview at the start- how life was in The Seam and all of that but I kept wishing for more because I didn't feel as if I knew why things were happening. It was a lack of explanation that you were left to assume with. Honestly, I don't mind that the pin and lullaby had a tie in to Prim but I still wish they would have kept Madge around to show the class differences within the District...if that makes sense.

I found myself liking Effie in the movie WAY more than I liked her in the books. Which was rather strange. They missed a few marks on making the characters more memorable and I think that's where my main complaint comes in. We don't have any idea why Katniss is acting the way she does until near the end of the movie when she's being hit by the trackerjackers. Nothing about her dad dying in the mines...you don't really get a chance to compare to her and empathize with the 'heroine'. And let's not forget about poor Peeta hardly getting a word in inchwise.

I agree that the acting was amazing for what they were given but I keep wishing for...more. I always do. The details that they missed are going to come around and bite them, I think. And I still don't know what to feel about the whole District 11 uprising slap in the middle of everything. /: What are they going to do in Catching Fire now?

JKFLD;JAKFL;DAJK;

Words.

Partying Prophet

Kloob
For what they had to work with I thought the movie was excellent. Relationships were rushed, but movies are not always meant to portray books exactly. When it comes to a series like Hunger Games or Harry Potter or something, you should read the books because there are always details that are in the books and you should know.

This. The movie was already two and a half hours long (which I thought was very gracious of Lionsgate), if they had added in everything it could have been very well three or more hours and I don't think people could sit in a movie theater that long.
I enjoyed the film. I miss all the Haymitch stuff like when he head-dive off the stage and when Peeta slapped the glass out of his hand. Would've been awesome to have the "So I got two fighters this year" line, but -shrug-. And I miss the prep-team.

All in all, great film. Reminds me of Harry Potter (no likeness to books but still good on it's own).

I don't even think it was the relationships that were rushed...but they had near no basis at all because you weren't given a chance to learn about the characters.

Why was Katniss going hungry? Why was she sitting outside in the rain?

There were just things that were left unexplained and empty that continued to tally up in my head.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the movie at all it's just...not what I was expecting at all. They could have done some better editing (and better camera work. Thinking about the camera in those fights still makes me wonder what they were thinking.).

Distinct Hunter

I thought the movie was really well done. I was quite impressed with how much of the book they put in the movie. They could have easily taken out a lot of it and still had the basic structure of the storyline. Now I will revert to white text to make sure I don't accidentally spoil.

I'm not like most people,the whole Madge missing from the movie didn't bother me. If they had her, it would have just been one more relationship they would need to explain to the audience and it would take quite a bit of time. Plus if you think about the relationship with Madge and Katniss, it's a bit complicated. They are not really friends but because they are both loners, they are friends. I would like someone to show me a fast way of portraying that type of relationship in a movie that is already chalk full of detail. I liked that it instead, strengthened the relationship between Katniss and Prim.

Yes the movie was rushed but like others have mentioned, the movie was two and a half hours long. If they slowed it down then the movie would be so long. Not that I wouldn't love something like that, but people who haven't read the books probably don't want to sit through a movie that long. For the amount of time they had in the movie, I was impressed with all the details they kept. Even just little things from the book that if you hadn't read it, you might just pass over watching the movie. Stuff like that just makes it fun for the fans.

Because the book is told in first-person through Katniss, you miss some of the things that she can only guess at it. I liked how they went about explaining things in the movie, like with Cesare explaining the tracker jackers and the mines being dug up. This explained some of Katniss's thought process without a cheesy voice over. If they had a voice over with Katniss's thoughts, I would have been pretty upset. It would just have seemed to ruin the intense moments of the games. I liked them showing the fact that she couldn't hear after the explosion by muffling all the sounds for the audience.

I know a lot of people are upset about there being no canon for Rue's death. My view on that is that, it's not important! For one, Katniss had to sing Rue to death. They also cut to District 11. It could be that the movie wasn't in the "games" when the cannon goes off. I don't see the importance of the cannon at that part. You know that the cannon signals death by this point, but you know that Rue has passed. There are more important things going on than a cannon going off to tell you what you already know. Katniss buries Rue in flowers and cries over the death. That is more important than a freakin cannon.

I loved them showing District 11's uprising. In Catching Fire, you hear that there was an uprising in District 11 during the games, and there is another one while Katniss and Peeta tour. I liked that they showed it happening. It made the storyline more real in a way as I thought about what was to come. The cool thing about the movie is you get to see things that the book doesn't show more so because Katniss didn't see it. And they did collaborate with Suzanne Collins on everything so you know they had to get that right or at the very least approved.

I was very impressed with Josh for Peeta. I wasn't sure how I felt seeing the previews but once the movie ended, I loved him. He played Peeta really well in my opinion.

The two little problems I had with the movie was Cato's death and the ending with Peeta and Katniss. I thought Cato's death should have been dragged out a little longer. I thought that it was rushed to a point where when Katniss shoots him, it didn't seem like a mercy killing like in the book. Granted, time restraints come into play there but I would have liked that to have shown a bit more dragged out. It makes Cato's plea at the end more of a plea for death, in the movie it could have been portrayed as a plea for help.

And finally, I was upset that Peeta didn't find out that Katniss was just playing at loving him. They don't really touch on the fact that Peeta was truly in love with her, though it is kind of obvious. I wanted him to find out and see the hurt. In the second movie, they need that. But I don't know what they will do with the second so I can't complain about that...yet

Edited: Also the shakiness of the camera during the fight scenes was because of the simple fact that this movie was rated PG-13. A lot of the graphic violence that is in the book could not be shown in the movie like that. So instead they just shook the camera during those parts so you don't get a good look. If they made the movie R then they would have been able to show it but they would have lost a lot of the target audience for the movie

Overall, I loved the movie and thought they did a really amazing job with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff