Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's official. The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey, which is coming out this December, is going to be 1 out of 3 movies total!

They're taking the book, which is HALF as complicated as the LOTR trilogy, and splitting it into THREE PARTS... gonk

Well, I guess since Peter Jackson is trying to make The Hobbit like LOTR, he's nuking it for all its money's worth by making it more dark and serious than it actually is and adding in stuff that was either barely covered in the book or hardly in it. Here are a few examples:

(WARNING! THE FOLLOWING RUMORS CONTAIN SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

1. Legolas shows up (don't know whether its a cameo or a small role)
2. Gandalf's battle with the Necromancer (Evidence in the trailer)
3. The Battle of the Humans, Wood-Elves, and Dwarfs vs. the Goblins (Hard to imagine not having this)
4. Other things Gandalf did while he was absent (Possible)
5. Galadriel makes an appearance (Evidence in the trailer)

Let me know what you guys think and post comments! smile

Newbie Member

i am so excited for this movie, ever since they released the trailers smile

Tipsy Wench

I actually don't have a problem with it at all. I don't think they're just making up bullshit; I was under the impression that the extra stuff was coming from other Tolkien sources.

Also, this might be the first time where they can include almost every single main point from the books. How much did they have to cut from LOTR to fit the time frame, remember that?

So, yea..I'm pretty damn excited for these movies.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Sound like improvements to me.
I know that these things might improve The Hobbit, but from someone who has read the book, it doesn't make sense to complicate a story that is simple in nature, and was created BEFORE Lord of the Rings rolleyes

Well...let's hope the movies are worth it! neutral

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Vertigo_Kiwi
I actually don't have a problem with it at all. I don't think they're just making up bullshit; I was under the impression that the extra stuff was coming from other Tolkien sources.

Also, this might be the first time where they can include almost every single main point from the books. How much did they have to cut from LOTR to fit the time frame, remember that?

So, yea..I'm pretty damn excited for these movies.

This

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I'm a little upset... Jackson did an awful job staying tru to the books with LOTR. he honestly should have made 6 slightly shorter movies. But the worst thing is he didn't just leave things out, he added in BS that never happened.
I guess I figure with the hobbit being a trilogy he has pleanty of room to add his own BS without taking away from the story... so it's a good and bad thing... He better not try to turn it into LOTR, they're completely different stories with totally different feels. I know tons of people who love one and hate the other because they are quite different.

I 'unno, it's kinda stressing me out to be honest.
Connor the Hobbit
I'm a little upset... Jackson did an awful job staying tru to the books with LOTR. he honestly should have made 6 slightly shorter movies. But the worst thing is he didn't just leave things out, he added in BS that never happened.
I guess I figure with the hobbit being a trilogy he has pleanty of room to add his own BS without taking away from the story... so it's a good and bad thing... He better not try to turn it into LOTR, they're completely different stories with totally different feels. I know tons of people who love one and hate the other because they are quite different.

I'm with you on that, buddy! smile

Unfortunately, I heard of an interview with Peter Jackson where he says he's intending to make it like LOTR sweatdrop

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Hoshi Izumi
Connor the Hobbit

I'm with you on that, buddy! smile

Unfortunately, I heard of an interview with Peter Jackson where he says he's intending to make it like LOTR sweatdrop
ugh that b*****d... the worst part of any interview with him I've seen was in one for LOTR where he said something along the lines of "I really love the books and tried to follow them as closely as possible"
NO YOU DIDN'T! YOU CHANGED EVERYTHING! *rantrant* can't even get Sam's skin tone right, and casting is a pretty basic step. He's describe as brown skinned like 4 different times... (I really love his casting for the Hobbit though, he got that right at least, in my opinion)
and of course bigger things, like the goblin wasn't in Bree, and he had the Elves come to save the day at Helm's deep (which totally ruined the point of that part, it was supposed to represent the strength of man, that they could still fight and weren't as weak as they were made out to be), no Tom Bombadil, Sam was supposed to go with Frodo hand-in-hand into Shelob's lair to beautifully illustrate their bond, they never fought, and he cut out the whole ending where they return to hobbiton and kick some goblin a** and frodo becomes mayor! And so so so much more! UGH!
Wow, I had no idea they cut out that much from LOTR. Of course, I've only watched the movies and have yet to read the books, so... sweatdrop

Sparkly Pants

I saw a trailer for The Hobbit in the cinema the other day, and honestly, it did look quite a bit less serious in tone than LOTR. Almost more cartoony if that makes sense?

I think they will elaborate on things only mentioned in the book to bulk up the 3 films, but I'm OK with this so far - how I will feel after seeing them pan out is yet to be determined... sweatdrop

They totally have made some things up though (e.g. Tauriel) and I'm not sure I like that so much. We'll see how it goes after watching it I guess! 4laugh

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I don’t know why they’re choosing to split it into three parts, it seems silly to me. The hobbit isn’t that long. However, I will still go see it just to see how it is then pass judgement on it
Tsuki_Kirkland
I don’t know why they’re choosing to split it into three parts, it seems silly to me. The hobbit isn’t that long. However, I will still go see it just to see how it is then pass judgement on it

That's what I plan to do! mrgreen

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Hoshi Izumi
Tsuki_Kirkland

That's what I plan to do! mrgreen

its a good plan

Visionary

in a way it makes sense because they are trying to get as much $$$ as they can but yeah idk how its going to be 3 full length movies. 2 would make more sense but hey im not complaining its going to kick a** regardless

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff