Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think it would've worked better as one or two movies

Dapper Codger

Forelourne
        gaia_angelleft Seeing where they ended the first movie, I'm surprised they can keep it going 2 more. I mean, they're almost at their journey's end; I can see a full other movie, but 2 more to come? Ehh, they must have a lot of fillers or something goes terribly wrong.

However, I'm pretty psyched they're covering side things like Gandalf's Necromancer problem. whee

How are they at all near the journey's end? That haven't even entered Mirkwood yet. Plus the movies are bound to take longer with the ending than the book did. The Battle of Five Armies was 5 pages long in the book but will probably fill up the majority of the third movie.
Hoshi Izumi
spider_man300
Is the hobbit related to lord of the rings at all

Yes, but the only things that actually connect it to lotr are the one ring and that Frodo is Bilbo's nephew. There are some other connections, but those are minor plot-wise. In the movie, they are trying to make very strong connections between it and lotr which I have mixed feelings about sweatdrop
uhhhh the hobbit is greatly related to lord of the rings. This is because it shows how bilbo acquired the ring/stole it from gollum. He also tells gollum that he is a hobbit from the shire, which is how sauron discovers a hobbit is in possession of his ring because he has gollum tortured to supply them with information on the whereabouts of the ring. If the events in the Hobbit did not occur, the whole story of the lord of the rings would be drastically different.

It also has some backstory on sauron's current state at the time, as well as explaining how the mines of moria ended in such a state, as seen in the fellowship of the ring.
Cocoa Biscuits
I think it would've worked better as one or two movies
The book itself may have worked better as 1 or 2 movies, but they are adding extra content from Tolkien's other book: the silmarillion, which basically documents the history of middle earth. I love that it's a 3 part movie, which means more content and history smile it also means a better understanding about why the events in the lord of the rings occurred as well, and the events that lead up to it.

Omnipresent Comrade

11,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
CelticMaiden
I saw a trailer for The Hobbit in the cinema the other day, and honestly, it did look quite a bit less serious in tone than LOTR. Almost more cartoony if that makes sense?

I think they will elaborate on things only mentioned in the book to bulk up the 3 films, but I'm OK with this so far - how I will feel after seeing them pan out is yet to be determined... sweatdrop

They totally have made some things up though (e.g. Tauriel) and I'm not sure I like that so much. We'll see how it goes after watching it I guess! 4laugh
Actually, I was reading an interview thingy in a magazine with Peter Jackson, and it said that he was getting the extra information from other sources by the original author. So I guess its okay. (( and to our Topic Makers 3rd thing that they were adding, that was in the book. But if my memory serves me Bilbo passed out or something along the lines of that in the middle of the battle.)) And as for the slightly cartoony appeal, the Hobbit as a book was slightly more friendly to kids. I read it when I was 10 or 11.

Omnipresent Comrade

11,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Existential Existence
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Existential Existence
Sailor Tin Nyanko

Just wait until the Directors Cut of this Trilogy twisted

omg directors cut crying I have all the extended DVD versions of the LOTR trilogy.

it takes like half a day to watch them all

Hahaha...

You know the Hobbit is just every life form in the middle verse or whereever the hell they are whining and complaining about everything.

It's like the planet has gained the curse of Menstration rofl

It will be a good tool for making your man understand how you feel whee

I just hope none of the characters turn out being so stupid you want to bash your head into a wall.

They gotta create problems in the story somehow though..

at least this revitalization of the LOTR world will bring a fresh new wave of fanfiction to the Internet. I remember enjoying those.

So far I am liking the computer generated dude the most ( Gah, I forget his name,.. his actor is so nice).

But it appears that he calls everything presious in the movie. Like himself, Bilbo, boulders he is standing on, the cavern he is in, the water,.... stare
Thats Gollum~ But really, hes looking for his "precious" ring ouo

Omnipresent Comrade

11,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
spider_man300
Is the hobbit related to lord of the rings at all
You must be new here. talk2hand Its THE PREQUEL to the LOTR trilogy~ Oh my god emotion_facepalm

Gaian

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
i mean i have seen the hobbit movie but the ending with the dragon an it ending kind of made me mad but very interesting...so they have the second part coming out sometime in 2013 possibly... i miss that one cool guy who was an elf in lords of the ring movie i forgot his name years ago but he had long blond hair though...Pika-Chu(pudding)

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: Legolas better not be in The Hobbit, that will ruin it for me. I see nothing wrong with three movies for The Hobbit. It's a lot more involved than LOTR.

Dapper Codger

Im Rinny
ℜinny says: Legolas better not be in The Hobbit, that will ruin it for me. I see nothing wrong with three movies for The Hobbit. It's a lot more involved than LOTR.

He is in the The Hobbit... I don't see why that's a big deal. He's the son of the king of Mirkwood. It actually makes sense for him to be there.

Sparkly Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Find and watch the 1977 animated movie 'The Hobbit'. Watch it, Compare and contrast.

In the end to me, The animated one was a lot more entertaining. talk2hand

Invisible Loiterer

Three movies is the most ridiculous thing they can do. The only reason they do that is because stupid people like me will still go and see all three. whee

Fashionable Lunatic

S H E R L O C K E D
Im Rinny

He is in the The Hobbit... I don't see why that's a big deal. He's the son of the king of Mirkwood. It actually makes sense for him to be there.
ℜinny says: He's annoying and a bad actor, that's the biggest problem I have with him.

Dapper Codger

Im Rinny
S H E R L O C K E D
Im Rinny

ℜinny says: He's annoying and a bad actor, that's the biggest problem I have with him.

I'm sorry that you find him annoying. But he honestly won't have a big role anyway... probably.

Fashionable Lunatic

S H E R L O C K E D
Im Rinny
S H E R L O C K E D
Im Rinny

I'm sorry that you find him annoying. But he honestly won't have a big role anyway... probably.
ℜinny says: Hopefully, that wont make sense if he does. eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces