Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Rogue

Not THOSE ones. wink I mean the ones Thorin and company came across in Smaugs lair. I swear half those heads still looked like mannequins, but my real question is that if Smaug was the one to kill them, assuming by fire, then how come they still hair hair on their skeletal heads?

Diamond Astronomer

14,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
i thought the same thing... and honestly I mnot sure what the plan was with melting the gold? Like... Smuag has armor, it wouldnt affect him nor would it harden and dry fast enough...

Bashful Rogue

It really confuses me..I thought secondly, maybe they died from the sheer heat, but in that case, wouldn't it still have rotted away after so many years?

@ Yeah, that gold scenario was a bit farfetched to begin with, as well as Thorin being able to hop into a wheelbarrow and not burn himself despite the fact that his new-found sled was sitting in molten hot liquid.

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

I'm pretty sure that they had actually withered away while hiding from Smaug, since the doorway had been blocked off.

Shy Explorer

Thorin said he didn't want to die like them in hiding and struggling for air. I'm sure the lack of moisture preserved their bodies compared to if they had died somewhere outdoors with bugs and all.

Dapper Lunatic

Like the posts above me, the dwarves didn't die from Smaug
They died hiding from him

Bashful Rogue

Gotcha, thanks guys, that makes a little more sense. I didn't catch that quote from Thorin.

i was questioning that too. i'm assuming they have really thick fire proof hair idfk LMAO

Spirited Dragon

14,925 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
Aurora Adaire
i thought the same thing... and honestly I mnot sure what the plan was with melting the gold? Like... Smuag has armor, it wouldnt affect him nor would it harden and dry fast enough...
A good part of me thinks they were just doing a little fan service. Since this was the first time we got to see Smaug in the movies, they were like, "Let's cover him in gold! It'll look so cool!" And it did. @.@

Astral Dreamer

more importantly, many of them still had hair but no beards. I want to know the story of why those dwarves were lacking in beardage when they still had hair on their heads.

Ace Fairy

I assumed that they had died there trying to escape and find a way out, either from starvation or from heat shock, and had gotten mummified/preserved because of the presumably hot and dry conditions caused by Smaug's presence. I was getting vibes of bodies of Pompeii, the Herculaneum boat sheds and Aztec mummies from them.
    Especially given that in Herculaneum people fled to the shoreline and the boat sheds, causing archaeologists to find dozens of buried bodies along the shore and inside the buildings when they excavated there.

It was one of the more terrifying parts of the movie for me.

Shirtless Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Shimio
Aurora Adaire
A good part of me thinks they were just doing a little fan service. Since this was the first time we got to see Smaug in the movies, they were like, "Let's cover him in gold! It'll look so cool!" And it did. @.@

Exactly, also, Thorin was probably just winging it. Like, we try to kill/drawn/suffocate/wathever Smaug in molten metal and worst case scenario: we get a really cool gold covered dragon, idk

Shirtless Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
VVithnail
more importantly, many of them still had hair but no beards. I want to know the story of why those dwarves were lacking in beardage when they still had hair on their heads.

Prepubesecent dwarves, maybe?

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Vinka Saphir
VVithnail

Prepubesecent dwarves, maybe?

most likely. Because dwarves are not born with beards. As they grow older they grow the beards. Because they were preserved they look older than they really were. Probably making them seem as if they were of age to have a beard. (that is only my guess/prediction) and they also may be females and of younger age as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff