Total Votes:[ 175 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ty_die

EVERYTHING IN MIDDLE EARTH IS RELATED! lol prepare yourself, it is about to get long winded and nerdy...

The Silmarillion covers the creation of the Valar, who the elves worship, creation of middle earth, and the White and Gold trees that were transplanted to middle earth, Telperion and Laurelin. The light from the trees was captured in the Silmaril, which were gems coveted by Morgoth... who was a Valar that rebelled from the light to wander in darkness and exile in Middle Earth. He was always the real big bad bossu, Sauron was his servant.
Dwarves and elves and man were created... It sets the stage for events to come... The Lay of Luthien and Beren are part of the Silmarillion. Luthien was the most beautiful elf ever... and Beren was of the race of men... He fell for her instantly, but her father sent him to do this impossible task... Well to save from spoiling events, they spawn the Numenoreans, or pretty much anyone from Arnor to Gondor... And thusly Aragorn and Arwen are related, well Arwen is Aragorn's living ancestor... EWW!!! Sauron was a very powerful Numenorean that was corrupted... (Much like what was happening to Saruman) The rings were created including the ONE. So hobbits are pretty much watered down river dwarves... they just kept breeding smaller and smaller as they moved to the plains and woods... still living underground though. Some Stoors turned Tooks still adventure and even have boats... but very few by the fourth age... early hobbits like Smeagol were river folk. Being small, they were good at drowning, as Deagol almost did... naturally came to fear the water. Smeagol can be considered Frodo's living ancestor...
OH So when reading tolkiens works, there were many notes on the cultures and groups and history of middle earth... theses were published as appendixes in his books. So The LOTR events happend in the 3rd age... each age is anywhere between 1 thousand to 2 thousand years. They are usually marked by major events...The First Age ended with Morgoth being defeated, the second ended with the First War of the ring, The Third ended with the War of the Ring and defeat of Sauron for good... the fourth is the Age of Men... almost all High elves return to the Grey havens...

So I could get so super detailed about it... I mean Tolkien really created an entire universe... Full of Despot rulers and hardy survivors. All of the short stories take place and exist in the mythos of middle earth laid out in the silmarillion... he just had so much to work with that he had a whole array of stories published and unfinished. I don't think that man ever stopped writing until the day he died... even then it has become a whole world thanks to the ever expanding creativity of the fanbase... The world of Middle Earth, while being filled with Magic and stuff, very much parallels real life. It is a timeless wonderful, multifaceted story... I say he has written enough to have something to satisfy everyone... if you don't like the story, then you don't know how to read, LOL
It really is something to go through the whole timeline from creation to the fourth age... and there is just so much to enjoy...

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ty_die

Lol it must be a double dose of a Tolkien and Gaia Thing... I also forgot... Yes Doc Brown, not Dracula... Let's play what are kelso's favorite old guy actors!
Count Duku gets called Wilbur Wonka and Saruman at our house...
Uncle Fester fluffs my s**t up...
And the last film I remember seeing Jeremy Irons in was Eragon... and that was the only thing I liked about that trainwreck! WAISE HEIL! HELL YEAH I'LL RAISE SOME HELL!

Tipsy Genius

9,325 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kelso The Great
Ty_die

EVERYTHING IN MIDDLE EARTH IS RELATED! lol prepare yourself, it is about to get long winded and nerdy...

The Silmarillion covers the creation of the Valar, who the elves worship, creation of middle earth, and the White and Gold trees that were transplanted to middle earth, Telperion and Laurelin. The light from the trees was captured in the Silmaril, which were gems coveted by Morgoth... who was a Valar that rebelled from the light to wander in darkness and exile in Middle Earth. He was always the real big bad bossu, Sauron was his servant.
Dwarves and elves and man were created... It sets the stage for events to come... The Lay of Luthien and Beren are part of the Silmarillion. Luthien was the most beautiful elf ever... and Beren was of the race of men... He fell for her instantly, but her father sent him to do this impossible task... Well to save from spoiling events, they spawn the Numenoreans, or pretty much anyone from Arnor to Gondor... And thusly Aragorn and Arwen are related, well Arwen is Aragorn's living ancestor... EWW!!! Sauron was a very powerful Numenorean that was corrupted... (Much like what was happening to Saruman) The rings were created including the ONE. So hobbits are pretty much watered down river dwarves... they just kept breeding smaller and smaller as they moved to the plains and woods... still living underground though. Some Stoors turned Tooks still adventure and even have boats... but very few by the fourth age... early hobbits like Smeagol were river folk. Being small, they were good at drowning, as Deagol almost did... naturally came to fear the water. Smeagol can be considered Frodo's living ancestor...
OH So when reading tolkiens works, there were many notes on the cultures and groups and history of middle earth... theses were published as appendixes in his books. So The LOTR events happend in the 3rd age... each age is anywhere between 1 thousand to 2 thousand years. They are usually marked by major events...The First Age ended with Morgoth being defeated, the second ended with the First War of the ring, The Third ended with the War of the Ring and defeat of Sauron for good... the fourth is the Age of Men... almost all High elves return to the Grey havens...

So I could get so super detailed about it... I mean Tolkien really created an entire universe... Full of Despot rulers and hardy survivors. All of the short stories take place and exist in the mythos of middle earth laid out in the silmarillion... he just had so much to work with that he had a whole array of stories published and unfinished. I don't think that man ever stopped writing until the day he died... even then it has become a whole world thanks to the ever expanding creativity of the fanbase... The world of Middle Earth, while being filled with Magic and stuff, very much parallels real life. It is a timeless wonderful, multifaceted story... I say he has written enough to have something to satisfy everyone... if you don't like the story, then you don't know how to read, LOL
It really is something to go through the whole timeline from creation to the fourth age... and there is just so much to enjoy...

Wow that's a lot of history.... Ummm I have no idea what to say to all that except I think I'll read it. xd

Tipsy Genius

9,325 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kelso The Great
Ty_die

Lol it must be a double dose of a Tolkien and Gaia Thing... I also forgot... Yes Doc Brown, not Dracula... Let's play what are kelso's favorite old guy actors!
Count Duku gets called Wilbur Wonka and Saruman at our house...
Uncle Fester fluffs my s**t up...
And the last film I remember seeing Jeremy Irons in was Eragon... and that was the only thing I liked about that trainwreck! WAISE HEIL! HELL YEAH I'LL RAISE SOME HELL!

What must be a double dose?
(I love Jeremy Irons. He's such a bamf)

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ty_die

I didn't mean to explode... I am sorry, but there was that thing I was telling you about at first... sometimes one just can't stop it... I tried to give major history of middle earth in a nutshell...
I want to say characters and stories like Tom Bombadil and his merriment are predominant in his short stories. they tend to be children's stories much in the style of the hobbit. But he also has other tales from the Age of Numenoreans, more adult tales of the kingdoms or Arnor, Where Aragorn is from but back in it's heyday... But I feel for the complete Saga of Middle Earth, The Silmarillion is the first, then the hobbit, then LOTR... everything else is cannon fodder...

Tipsy Genius

9,325 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kelso The Great
Ty_die

I didn't mean to explode... I am sorry, but there was that thing I was telling you about at first... sometimes one just can't stop it... I tried to give major history of middle earth in a nutshell...
I want to say characters and stories like Tom Bombadil and his merriment are predominant in his short stories. they tend to be children's stories much in the style of the hobbit. But he also has other tales from the Age of Numenoreans, more adult tales of the kingdoms or Arnor, Where Aragorn is from but back in it's heyday... But I feel for the complete Saga of Middle Earth, The Silmarillion is the first, then the hobbit, then LOTR... everything else is cannon fodder...

Quite right, quite right. And it's okay. I get excited over my fandoms, too. I'm just not as well-educated on them as you seem to be. lol But that's good. It's good to be passionate about something. I can't even handle real world history, so half of that went way over my head, but I got it. Fascinating stuff, to think that all of that came from one man's head. Yes he does have something for everyone, doesn't he? It's just the movies cut out most of the kid stuff in LOTR and then shoved them all in the Hobbit as compensation.
Thanks for the friend request by the way. You beat me to it. xp

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ty_die

The thing that sets my nerdiness into overdrive triggered by Tolkien on Gaia... you just got assaulted by THE DOUBLE DOSE!
Jeremy Irons can talk me to sleep... his voice is like the softest suede sheets... like sliding in bucked nekkid!

Although I nerded out and shared main details, I still have much to learn... haven't quite memorized all the details... but it is like world history... lol funny you mentioned it! I like world history... So there are also many parallels between Middle Earth and the Bible. And you can even make real world links to WW2... So there is a lot to discuss as far as Middle Earth is concerned...
Tolkien was an english professor at Oxford I believe... He was also a member of the Golden Dawn... if you know anything about occultism... I think there was something extremely significant happening within the thoughts of that man... For him to be able to create entire languages and pull from all different resources... like European and Scandinavian Mythologies... Religious texts... So he had his references. But it is done in a way that makes the entire world believable... and that brings me with the only thing I did not like about the desolation of Smaug... The action was so heavy on the CG that it became unbelievable during the barrel Legolas fight scene.
Oh, it is early... time for Kelso to catch some rest, BUT NEVER FEAR! I log on frequently, like every day usually, unless I have better things to do... but I have free time typically. So I will be on later today when I am returned from living death, I mean sleep... I enjoyed our conversation, and look forward to continuing it Manana... which is Spanish for morning...

Tipsy Genius

9,325 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kelso The Great
Ty_die

The thing that sets my nerdiness into overdrive triggered by Tolkien on Gaia... you just got assaulted by THE DOUBLE DOSE!
Jeremy Irons can talk me to sleep... his voice is like the softest suede sheets... like sliding in bucked nekkid!

Although I nerded out and shared main details, I still have much to learn... haven't quite memorized all the details... but it is like world history... lol funny you mentioned it! I like world history... So there are also many parallels between Middle Earth and the Bible. And you can even make real world links to WW2... So there is a lot to discuss as far as Middle Earth is concerned...
Tolkien was an english professor at Oxford I believe... He was also a member of the Golden Dawn... if you know anything about occultism... I think there was something extremely significant happening within the thoughts of that man... For him to be able to create entire languages and pull from all different resources... like European and Scandinavian Mythologies... Religious texts... So he had his references. But it is done in a way that makes the entire world believable... and that brings me with the only thing I did not like about the desolation of Smaug... The action was so heavy on the CG that it became unbelievable during the barrel Legolas fight scene.
Oh, it is early... time for Kelso to catch some rest, BUT NEVER FEAR! I log on frequently, like every day usually, unless I have better things to do... but I have free time typically. So I will be on later today when I am returned from living death, I mean sleep... I enjoyed our conversation, and look forward to continuing it Manana... which is Spanish for morning...

Hasta el proximo dia, amiga.

Wheezing Ladykiller

11,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I thought Kili and Thorin were very attractive. Although, the fact that Kili is short, thin, and pretty just makes him look like a short brunette elf.

Thorin is a little more believable as a dwarf, but still too sexy to be one.

Although every movie needs a little sex appeal.

Hilarious Pup

1,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
I do believe they look like short humans, but if believe that was for the watchers and fan base :3
I mean, every movie needs a little sex appeal to make non-fans to want to go see it XD

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ty_die

BUENOS DIAS!
On a side note, I never learned spanish, but took french class in highschool.... but I was born and raised in central Texas, so it is culturally ingrained... I know simple prases... and use context clues to try to figure the rest! because I am weird like that!
So here is something I found while searching for the Silmarillion online. it is stained glass art of Middle Earth... OMG IT IS AMAZING! very art nouveau.

Tipsy Genius

9,325 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kelso The Great
Ty_die

BUENOS DIAS!
On a side note, I never learned spanish, but took french class in highschool.... but I was born and raised in central Texas, so it is culturally ingrained... I know simple prases... and use context clues to try to figure the rest! because I am weird like that!
So here is something I found while searching for the Silmarillion online. it is stained glass art of Middle Earth... OMG IT IS AMAZING! very art nouveau.

Ooooh those are awesome. I had seen the one with Bilbo's journey in kind of an infinity shape, but the others are nice as well. I'm a fan of stained glass art anyway, so coupled with geekery, I'm on cloud 9. smile You could use an online translator, like google if you needed to know more complex Spanish phrases (or any other language really). Just in case you were unaware for any reason. Rest well?
The younger ones look a bit different because they're younger than the rest of the party. The one that falls in love with the elf though is supposed to be taller than the rest though, so his features aren't going to be as dwarfish as the rest.

As far as Thorin goes, I love the way he looks in the movie. He's supposed to be this noble king from a line of awesome kings. He's the leader who can gather every single dwarf clan under his banner. So for him to stand out makes sense. When he walks into the room, it should be evident that he is not just another dwarf.

I didn't necessarily think that any of them were pretty.

Newbie Poster

2,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
I guess the same question could be asked about many Hollywood movies...... but at the same time it didn't really bother me during the film heart
le fromage terrible
Seriously - why do they have to be so pretty? I wouldn't have enjoyed the movies less if they had long beards and noses like potatoes, rather I would have enjoyed them more because they wouldn't be clashing with how I always pictured the dwarves after having read the book. Or am I somehow being racist here? I hope not.

a lot of them WERE ugly...
One super cute won't shouldn't kill much smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas