Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone.

I currently drive a 2002 Toyota Prius, which is great concerning MPG as I go to college over an hour from where I currently live. Other than the MPG though, I really hate the car. It's constantly giving me different error codes, and it's hard to drive through the mountains where I live. And honestly, it's not really a car you'd find a college guy driving....more like a mom car.

So I'm here to ask one question: Are there any sporty cars that get decent gas mileage? Definitely something with 30+ combined MPG. The more the better. Also, please consider that my budget is that of college student. Thanks!
This is a good one. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The Kia forte koup. It's got a 2.4l that gets about 30 or so mpg and and can out run just about any civic out there. My friend dives one and it's a sweet a** car that looks great and as some go when you need it.

Edit if you have the money for the optima is a bad a** little car with a 2.4 turbo.
Also the 95 turbo eclipse is fast and gets about 35 mpg.

Cultist

College students don't drive Priuses? Has that trend died already?
I'll look into the Forte and the Eclipse. Thanks.

And as far as Prii and college students....they seem pretty popular at my college. But everyone else has the newer models, not a first generation like mine. So no, the trend has not died, I'm just not a big fan personally.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

The Eclipse gets 27.... I'd know, I have multiple
and that's only if you're being good, which when you have boost on tap, you wont be

you're looking at maybe 18mpg

You prolly want a Veloster, newer Focus, Fiesta or a mid/late 90's Celica
Eclipse is great, but only if you have the time to care for it, it's like an infant

Edit: there's also The Cougar or any car with a variable displacement
Crimmy Sun
and that's only if you're being good, which when you have boost on tap, you wont be

Eclipse is great, but only if you have the time to care for it, it's like an infant

That's funny I made from welcome nc to pittsburg pa on one tank of gas and was not being nice to it at all. That's 414miles on one tank. It's highway is rated at about 31to 34 depending on were you look. No I was doing about 100+ on steep mounten roads.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That's funny I made from welcome nc to pittsburg pa on one tank of gas and was not being nice to it at all. That's 414miles on one tank. It's highway is rated at about 31to 34 depending on were you look. No I was doing about 100+ on steep mounten roads.

That didn't happen
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That didn't happen
Funny I was there I think I would know if it did better then you. Of and I was wrong it was about 480. Its about a 8 hour drive I got there in about 6and 1/2 or 7 hours.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That didn't happen
Funny I was there I think I would know if it did better then you. Of and I was wrong it was about 480. Its about a 8 hour drive I got there in about 6and 1/2 or 7 hours.

Yeah, that really doesn't matter, fact is, you're lying, and you're making up a stupid lie, to the wrong person
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That didn't happen

Yeah, that really doesn't matter, fact is, you're lying, and you're making up a stupid lie, to the wrong person
Look I'm not lying about s**t idk about your pos but I did it and your mpg is off from what you'll fined out there. Maybe you car blows idk. Now I wasn't doing 100+ but throw the mountens of Virginia and West Virginia. Idk know how meany miles that is, but it's not a sort drive I'll tell you.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That didn't happen

Look I'm not lying about s**t idk about you pos but I did it and you mpg is off from what you'll fined out there. Maybe you car blows idk. Now I wasn't doing 100+ but throw the mountens of Virginia and West Virginia. Idk know how meany miles that is, but it's not a sort drive I'll tell you.

I've kinda had more than one eclipse, I know them better than I know the back of my hand, spent more time driving an eclipse than I have in my bed, and I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, in full confidence, that an eclipse, let alone Turbo eclipse will not do 31 to 34mpg, unless you're coasting idle on a downhill you'd be hard pressed to see the EPA RATED 27MPG HIGHWAY. and it sure as hell will not do it in boost
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That didn't happen

Look I'm not lying about s**t idk about you pos but I did it and you mpg is off from what you'll fined out there. Maybe you car blows idk. Now I wasn't doing 100+ but throw the mountens of Virginia and West Virginia. Idk know how meany miles that is, but it's not a sort drive I'll tell you.

I've kinda had more than one eclipse, I know them better than I know the back of my hand, spent more time driving an eclipse than I have in my bed, and I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, in full confidence, that an eclipse, let alone Turbo eclipse will not do 31 to 34mpg, unless you're coasting idle on a downhill you'd be hard pressed to see the EPA RATED 27MPG HIGHWAY. and it sure as hell will not do it in boost
The automatics get 27 the manual is rated at 31 some rate it at 35. This begs which you are driving?

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

That didn't happen

The automatics get 27 the manual is rated at 31 some rate it at 35. This begs which you are driving?

No, the 420A is rated at 31mpg,
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun

No, the 420A is rated at 31mpg,
Now I might be wrong but wasn't 95 when the put the motor in the gst?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff