Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The first car I owned was a 1930 Model A Ford Sedan Delivery. When I was 16 my father told me if I ever wanted a car of my own I had to buy it myself. That was a shocker because my dad had just bought my older sister a care for her graduation. Shortly after that I got a newspaper route and started saving for my first car. It seemed to take forever, it was like nickle and dime savings to buy a car. By the time I was 17 I had saved $150 and a friend of mine told me that my barber had an old car behind his shop he would sell me. I went to look at it and after a couple of days of tinkering I got it to run and with a certain amount of dickering I was able to purchase it for $125.

Since I had no license, I arranged to have it pulled home. I sat in the cab on a orange crate and steered, let me tell you, nobody knows what driving is till they get pulled by a rope and the car your in has no brakes.

Well, I parked it on the side of the house farthest away from dads bed room and totally disassembled it, much to my fathers chagrin. He told me I had no respect for a practical automobile, and the sooner I get rid of that pile of junk the better.

I removed the 4 banger and installed a 1948 Mercury V-8 Flat head, fish plated the frame, put a 1959 Pontiac Post Track third member in it, put the body back on it low boy of course, installed washing machine round windows in the sides like port holes, fired it up and put it on the road still looking like a pile of junk my father said.

This was my first rat rod.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
My neighbor parked his Nissan GT-R out of his garage for one night. The next morning he walked out of his house, he found his car without wheels and on top off cinder blocks.

True story.

Cultist

I Ceymore Ratz
The first car I owned was a 1930 Model A Ford Sedan Delivery. When I was 16 my father told me if I ever wanted a car of my own I had to buy it myself. That was a shocker because my dad had just bought my older sister a care for her graduation. Shortly after that I got a newspaper route and started saving for my first car. It seemed to take forever, it was like nickle and dime savings to buy a car. By the time I was 17 I had saved $150 and a friend of mine told me that my barber had an old car behind his shop he would sell me. I went to look at it and after a couple of days of tinkering I got it to run and with a certain amount of dickering I was able to purchase it for $125.

Since I had no license, I arranged to have it pulled home. I sat in the cab on a orange crate and steered, let me tell you, nobody knows what driving is till they get pulled by a rope and the car your in has no brakes.

Well, I parked it on the side of the house farthest away from dads bed room and totally disassembled it, much to my fathers chagrin. He told me I had no respect for a practical automobile, and the sooner I get rid of that pile of junk the better.

I removed the 4 banger and installed a 1948 Mercury V-8 Flat head, fish plated the frame, put a 1959 Pontiac Post Track third member in it, put the body back on it low boy of course, installed washing machine round windows in the sides like port holes, fired it up and put it on the road still looking like a pile of junk my father said.

Nice, it's stories like these that make me wish I had gotten more involved in learning about cars and tinkering with them at a younger age. I didn't get my first car until I turned 19, and that was also around the time I really began to learn how they worked. It was a 1983 honda civic station wagon stickshift. It had a carb engine, and the wheels were bald, but I was happy as could be with it. I remember the headlights wouldn't always turn on, the windshield was scratched from my dad not replacing the wipers, and when it rained water leaked in from all the windows. Sadly, I never got to fix it up very well. Apart from replacing a couple doors, wheels, a small engine tune-up and adding a head unit, the car never got any major repairs done to it. Ahh... if only I still owned it -sigh-

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

I Ceymore Ratz

pics
i've read OPs story somewhere else before.

Dapper Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Crimmy Sun
I Ceymore Ratz

pics

or it didn't happen.

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I am, after all 74 years young. I do not expect anyone on gaia to believe my stories unless they were my friends in 1955.

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Soon to be 75

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

I Ceymore Ratz
Soon to be 75

***** you old

Since when are old people on the internet?!

Is there a tintype you have of this rat rod?
a beta-max recording even?
HD-DVD?

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Best ive got is driving stories. =/

I learned to drive in/round Kings Lynn, England in a little Toyota Yaris.

So were driving along me and my instructor up your normal 2 lane road each lane going in opposite directions at roughly 60mph. So there is a fair bit of traffic, no big deal, just cruising along.

Then out of nowhere the car in front of me jerks hard to the left to reveal a car barreling down the center line of both lanes. I flinched so god damn hard when it happened, swerved to the left while freaking the ******** out. Had I not s**t would have gone down, never have I been so close to shitting myself out of fear. Instructor was looking at papers and couldn't give a s**t. With the s**t he's seen though I can see why.

Was going to the biggest airshow in Europe being held in London with 2 of my dads friends in a Dodge Neon SRT-4 (not many of THOSE in Europe...).
So the one driving decides to use his old a** Tomtom for shits and giggles just to see where it takes us. Well, it took us right through the city center of London. We were constantly around double decker buses as you would expect. Well there is 3 lanes, were in the middle, and on each side is one of these massive double deckers. And as anyone can tell you these bus drives give exactly 0 ******** about their surroundings.
So all of a sudden the bus to our right decide's he wants to be in the center lane despite us being there. We all screams as the driver then slammed the throttle into the floor. I have never witnessed screams like that come from grown men before.
Thank god the SRT-4 has some guts in it otherwise we would have been sandwiched.

While in England we lived out farm land. You could go places and not see anything but fields as far as the eye could see. The US airbase where we worked and went shopping, etc was over 20 miles away.
Those back country roads were great, Driver from story #2 would do up to 130MPH whenever the ******** he wanted which was almost any day. So I normally cruised around in out Dodge Grand Caravan between 70 and 80 Mph on these tiny back roads. So you can imagine my frustration when I got stuck behind a semi doing 60. So in the normal fashion that is driving I decided to pass him. I pull out to the right and nail the throttle. Half way around him he veers to the right also JUST as we hit a rough patch of road. I ended up bouncing around a bit and the right wheels went into the grass for a bit before we bounced back into the lane, came about 2 inches from touching the ******** before blasting around and out in front of him. All while my mother in the passenger seat screaming for dear life.
I got quite the earful and a slap upside the head from her just after that.
THAT was some white knuckle sweat inducing driving.
I wish I had crazy car stories to tell, owned 5 Nissan 240sx's(three S13 coupes, two S13 fastbacks/180sx, one zenki S14/ two DOHC KA24DE, one blacktop S13 SR20DET, one CA18DET, one S14 notch top SR20DET) then a 1986 Toyota Cressida, 1986 Toyota Cressida and a AP1 Honda S2000 did many many stupid things with all of those cars, racing, drifting, etc. Got lots of tickets, after I totalled my S2000 was driving a 2008 Lexus GS350 and a 2006 Audi S4, traded in the GS350 for a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, traded in the Camaro SS for the 2010 Audi S4 and then sold the 2006 Audi S4 to make room in the garage, got a few racing tickets with the S4 so now I'm concentrating my build mostly as a show car, very slow build though. I still really really love 240's and hopefully will have one as a project someday I love my Nissans just as much as I love the V.A.G

Tmls's Other Half

IRL Trash

Sh1ngo
I wish I had crazy car stories to tell, owned 5 Nissan 240sx's(three S13 coupes, two S13 fastbacks/180sx, one zenki S14/ two DOHC KA24DE, one blacktop S13 SR20DET, one CA18DET, one S14 notch top SR20DET) then a 1986 Toyota Cressida, 1986 Toyota Cressida and a AP1 Honda S2000 did many many stupid things with all of those cars, racing, drifting, etc. Got lots of tickets, after I totalled my S2000 was driving a 2008 Lexus GS350 and a 2006 Audi S4, traded in the GS350 for a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, traded in the Camaro SS for the 2010 Audi S4 and then sold the 2006 Audi S4 to make room in the garage, got a few racing tickets with the S4 so now I'm concentrating my build mostly as a show car, very slow build though. I still really really love 240's and hopefully will have one as a project someday I love my Nissans just as much as I love the V.A.G
Lol, you went through cars just as much if not more than a honda civic. Got some friends who builds 240's but I'm mainly into the VIP scene.
Property of iTeke
Sh1ngo
Lol, you went through cars just as much if not more than a honda civic. Got some friends who builds 240's but I'm mainly into the VIP scene.

In Hawaii majority of the people who leave the 240 scene go to VIP haha I love 240s to me they are the perfect platform, I am trying to make my car now sporty VIP style

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff