neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

Everything was so distant, Winter seemed to be lingering somewhere between worlds, or at least...that was what it would have felt like...if she had been aware of feelings. The blonde could have been lying there for an age and she would have known no different; finally, Grey sat up and took hold of her shoulders, bringing her with him. The young woman smiled in a bemused manner as blue eyes met his, she could hardly hold herself up, it seemed as though she had little to no control over her own body. ”It’s time.” something was off, something about his voice. Almost as though there was something else mixed in there, some sort of undertone. But Winter noticed none of this as she nodded obediently and got to her feet unsteadily.

Grey had to keep a tight hold of her, perhaps too tight...that was going to bruise, as the two of them headed downstairs. Once or twice the blonde lost her footing and slipped, remaining upright only because Grey guided her hand towards the rail. A light giggle passed her lips as she looked up at him, the two of them slowly and carefully making their way down the stairs. It took a lot longer than it should have for them to reach the hallway and it was becoming increasingly difficult for the young woman to walk. Gentle hands guided her with a firm force as they made their way through the large mansion.

Upon coming to the kitchen, everything seemed to be a little more dull than it would normally have been, her friend’s voices sounded so far away. The blonde was only slightly aware, and when they moved...it was as though their shadows took a second to realise that they should have been moving too. As though they were actually separate, as though they were just pretending to be harmless when really, they were just lying in wait. Almost as soon as she reached the basement door and Grey reached out to open it for her, there was a piercing shriek and the shadows that appeared attached to her friends swarmed around her. Winter remained unphased as Grey placed a reassuring hand on the small of her back and guided her down the steps to the basement, slamming the door with such force that it resonated in every world.

It was so dark; the blonde lost her footing and tumbled to the bottom of the basement, landing in a painful heap. A low groan passed her lips as she got to her feet and tried to find something to tell her where she was. She had never been down here, nothing about it was familiar and her eyes told her nothing, the darkness pressed against them, it was almost painful. Squeezing her eyes shut, the young woman realised she would have to rely on her other senses. Suddenly, she was painfully aware of everything, she was no longer in a bemused state as her fingertips found the wall...was it wet? Her fingers slid across the surface easily; there was no resistance, no friction. ”Grey?” she called out, reaching into the darkness, but she was met with nothing, she was alone.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

She was still unsteady, gripping his forearms just to stay upright. Davik stayed where he was, letting her hold onto him while she worked things through, telling him that Grey’s body was gone. Just… gone. The blind man went still, his face grim and his mind racing. It didn’t take him long to come to a conclusion, although it made him feel ill and he tried to keep thinking, to see if he could come up with anything else. By the time Kailee felt able to stand on her own, Davik was sure of his conclusion. He knew he needed to say it, but he also knew that Kailee wouldn’t like it any more than he did.

I think Grey is out to get us now,” he said softly, because it sounded less barmy than trying to tell her that the damn house was using their friend against them. “I tried to leave and he and my brother talked be out of it. They weren’t happy.” He deliberately kept his voice cool and nonchalant, as if what he was saying didn’t matter to him, but it was more of a struggle than he was used to. She explained what had happened to her, quietly, so that no one else would overhear. She said she’d tried to warn him away, in the midst of all of her urgent dragging him back, and then asked if she’d hurt anyone. Davik thought about the shouting match they’d had in the foyer and then shook his head. If she didn’t remember it, he wasn’t going to bring it up. Not least because he was aware he’d said some things deliberately to hurt her, and he didn’t want to have to admit it.

He heard footsteps in the hallway and froze, concentrating on them almost to the exclusion of all else. They sounded, almost, like Winter’s, so light and careful – but they were too light to be real. It was in his mind, it had to be… The manor playing tricks on him again. Davik shivered. “I think you were possessed by something. Not sure what. But it told me that you get stronger when I’m around – so stick close to me, because in this damn place it’ll probably be back.” Kailee said the house was evil, and the blind man wholeheartedly agreed – and there wasn’t much he did with more than a quarter of his heart anymore, so that was saying something. “I heard Hazin and Ash go upstairs. Mr Hyde went that way too, I think. Not sure if he followed them up. I can’t hear Winter anywhere. And…” For the first time, he hesitated, faltered. It only lasted a second, and then he was back with his indifferent mask firmly in place, not caring about anything. “We should take Grey’s things to his mum and dad. We shouldn’t tell them that a sadistic house ate their son’s body, though… might be a bit too upsetting for them.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
This isn't what I wanted.

Kailee went silent at Davik's remark about Greyson. Not Grey. Not sweet, gentle Grey, who sat with her when she cried and cracked terrible jokes. Not the sweet boy who constantly asked her for girl advice and acted offended when she knew who he was asking about. Not her best friend. She sunk harder into denial, shaking her head. "No. Not Grey." She responded firmly, her hands clenching into little fists. "Not my Grey. Maybe some cheap impostor, but not him." The whole concept made her sick to her stomach. As if she hadn't seen enough terrible things today. She hung her head, releasing her fists and wrapping her arms around herself. She didn't want to hear it. She wanted to go home.

Davik tensed, and Kailee glanced at him quickly, but he didn't comment, other than explaining the possession. She squinted at him, as if it was unclear for the second time since getting here that he was blind and he wasn't going to see it. She had lost a couple details in switching back, like everything that happened while possessed, and small things like that. Quickly, she fixed herself, but didn't comment. She bit her lip, looking up at the ceiling as she thought about it. "What happened to you, by the way? You look like hell..." she moved forward and gingerly touched his arm, remembering his comment about his ribs.

All this time, she was trying to wrap her head around things. The whole idea that she was stronger around him was ridiculous, but then, this whole possession thing was insane. "I'll be fine, Dav." She reassured him gently, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm sure it was just...you know...things. Grey's body being gone kind of threw me through a loop." She remarked, trying to brush it off. This was horrible.

There was another pause, where she frowned. "Ash is here? Why is Ash here?" Oh god, how much was she missing? How much had been dropped from her memory? Kailee panicked for a second or two, but decided to let that bit go for now. She was distracted. Davik seemed off. What was bothering him? Lately, he seemed stone faced and angry a lot, but he almost seemed thrown off. What was going on in his head?

Then as quickly as it happened, he was back to all bitter and plain faced once more. Kailee frowned and looked to the floor. "We have to get out of here first." She murmured, rubbing at her temples. "If it wants us that bad...then we're going to have to get crafty." This was ridiculous. It was a house. They could walk out the damn door. But inwardly, she knew better.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

It was too much, too fast. Hazinyul could see it as soon as she'd finished speaking, that she'd overwhelmed Ashling. She should have spaced the information out, given her time to absorb it all... Ash came and sat down next to her, a tear slipping out of her eye. Ashling replied with her typical grace, but it wasn't hard to see how stunned she was. Hazinyul didn't flinch at the innocent statement of how honest she had always been. Later, she would tell the truth - that she had never once been honest in her entire life - but not now. She wanted a few more moments of having a friend before Ashling, like Kailee and Winter, decided that she was no good.

Actually, Hazinyul envied Ashling. Ash was innocent. She had a natural charm, a kind of naivete which she hardly seemed to realize was there. Hazin had worked all her life to achieve an effect like that, but Ashling did it without artifice, without even trying. It was like she had never known any kind of hardship or conflict, not even the normal petty sort between friends. But Hazin looked at her cheek and there was a scar. It was new, and it looked nasty - it was too clean to be accidental. In the time they'd been apart, Ashling had been through something, just like they all had... and Hazin didn't know how Ash hadn't gotten suspicious.

All of these thoughts passed through her mind in the space of a second. And then Ashling turned to her with wide, frightened eyes, and told her everything. Things that made Hazinyul sick to her stomach like even Eric hadn't managed to, and made her angry and made her feel completely helpless. She wanted to do something, to help Ashling or find the guys who had kidnapped her, but there was nothing she could do, nothing at all, and she hated the feeling. Ashling pulled back her sleeves to reveal smooth skin. If Hazin looked closely, she could see a few signs of old scars, but they were so faint that she would never have noticed them otherwise. Ashling, though, had tears in her eyes. She was scared, shaking, and seemed to think that the marks were fresh. Hazin reached out and brushed her finger over her friend's wrist, very lightly, so that the marks wouldn't hurt if Ashling thought they were fresh.

"
        I can't see them," she confessed, turning and wrapping her arms tight around Ashling as she had done Eric, trying not to let herself fall back onto her familiar act of childish innocence. "But yeah... that's what it does. It wants you to be scared and hurt and angry..." As she said it, Hazinyul couldn't help but think of Troy attacking her, of Kyllyng's warning the night the power went out, and of everything Eric had done. "I want to go home," she whispered, losing the fight with herself and slipping all too easily into her persona.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Kailee couldn’t accept it. Davik deliberately ignored the emotions rising up in him, pushed them away so quickly and ruthlessly that he didn’t even have time to identify them. Emotions were bad, and that was that. “Sure sounded like Grey,” he drawled. “Threatened to kick my arse if I let anything happen to you. Y’know. After he told me how useless I am and reminded me how I let him die.” He shook his head and took a few seconds to make sure his voice remained steady. “And don’t try to tell me I didn’t, yeah? I walked into Winter’s room with him lying on the floor bleeding, and then I walked out again. Should’ve done something. Hardly even remembered about it until Grey said it, but he’s right.

She commented on his appearance. Davik chuckled. “Ashling hit me with her car. Landed in the gravel and went skidding. Think I was bleeding for a while, but it feels like it’s mostly stopped.” She touched his arm. He shrugged. “Mostly it’s m’torso that’s busted up. I’ll be fine.” She gave him the same reassurance, saying she was just shaken because of the whole disappearing corpse thing. Which was, on the whole, pretty understandable. Davik knew that he’d be in the midst of a breakdown if he let anything slip past his walls. Then she asked about Ash and he grinned crookedly. “Invited her, didn’t you? A bit late, but she came. Doesn’t it feel like she’s some cute little kid tryin’ to play with the adults? She hasn’t seen what we’ve – well, you’ve – seen, an’ it’s weird. She’s with Hazin.” He was managing to carry a pretty decent conversation while he listened to those ghostly footsteps, which had descended to the basement. He thought briefly about mentioning it, but dismissed the notion. It was in his head and that was that. He wasn’t about to look any crazier than he already did, what with dead people giving him advice and all of that.

Kailee said that they had to get out of here. Davik nodded his agreement. “Can climb the gates, but outside is gravel and that could hurt. Still got your phone? I recommend a bulldozer. Or a wrecking ball, if there’s one near here. Knock the walls down and Bob’s your uncle.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
This isn't what I wanted.

Kailee paused, just sort of staring at him. Sounded like classic Greyson, but with a little maliciousness. She rubbed at her temple, trying to dig out what had happened before she ended up there. "No." She murmured quietly, squinting. "He was in the bedroom with me and Winter. Before..." She hesitated, gingerly lifting her shirt to look at her bruises. It was one of the perks with him being blind, if that wasn't the worst thing ever, that he didn't ask. She didn't have to hide those things from him. But she had to watch everything else. He could hear everything in her voice, just like she could see things in his face. Kai was quiet for a moment more before she spoke again. "I don't know what's going on. Grey, my husband...things aren't right. I can't..." She ran her fingers nervously through her hair, deciding to let it drop.

"Jesus."
She breathed when he said Ashling hit him with her car. There a pause as she circled around him, looking at him, trying to affirm his claim that he was generally okay. Getting hit by a car wasn't just a walk in the park. But he was Davik, and lately very stubborn and she had no way of getting him to let that go. It wasn't worth the time and effort, and the risk of pissing off yet another person she was supposed to be friends with. She laughed weakly when he said she had invited her. "Yeah, but...I didn't expect her to show up so late, if at all." She admitted, looking up at the ceiling again.

"Yeah. She wanders in, and everyone is all buddy buddy, and she doesn't even know Grey is dead..."
Her voice cracked a little, and she winced. His suggestions of them getting out elicited a tiny laugh from her. "We're in the middle of nowhere, and noone from town will come within a mile of the place." She gritted her teeth. "We're going to have to get creative. Don't ask me how. But we will." She paused, "We should probably get the others."

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items