Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
Two women happily greeted them and Melody didn't recognize anyone beyond Natalie. Feeling a bit shy, Melody slipped into work mode. She folded one hand over the other and ducked into a bow. "Hello. I am Melody Sica." She said introducing herself before raising back up. She made sure to stick close to Teague for now until she could loosen up a bit around so many new people.

Trash Smoker

Teague was dressed in his usual attire, the burn scars on his left forearm in clear view. "Greetings everyone." The redheaded teen said in a neutral tone before bowing slightly, he was about to introduce Melody but she beat him to it. "I do hope you don't mind me inviting a guest along, I to be honest was rather uncomfortable with the thought of coming over." Teague said in all truthfulness, which would explain how they had arrived later than most people. He grinned to Melody when he had noticed her blushing due to Thorin's comment, he leaned close to her and whispered some words. "You gonna be alright with being around so many new people?" He asked her, worried a bit if she would fear embarrassing herself.

Thorin shifted the keg to one shoulder, he comically enough had groomed himself before arriving. Unlike his usual armor clad appearance he wore a suit. His hair had been pulled back into a pony tail and his beard was braided. The Dwarf left Teague and Melody be as he carried the wooden barrel into the kitchen, setting it down with a loud thud. He then pulled a few pieces of wood from his coat and set up a small stand for it. "Got tankards?" Thorin asked as he was setting everything up, he pulled free the cork and jammed the spigot into the hole. Then he carefully lowered the barrel down onto the stand he set up, in a moment everything was ready and the mead was prepared to flow.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero visibly blushed at Riley's excitement and comments, grinning. "I-I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him one-on-one, but I figured I'd invite him to let him know I had no hard feelings." Though she hadn't done it to for Riley's sake, it made Hero happy to see Riley so happy.

She smiled as Melody introduced herself with a bow. "It's really nice to meet you, Melody! I'm Hero. This is my place!" As Riley commented on Melody's outfit, Hero noted that she was in a cosplay, though she wasn't sure from what she was cosplaying. "Yeah, I love it too! It's cosplay, right? What are you cosplaying from?" Hero didn't look it, but she really did love anime, and cosplays always made her happy.

When Teague expressed his uneasiness, Hero gave him a warm smile. "It's understandable. I've been meaning to talk to you, but I've never had the chance. I wanted to say I'm really sorry for being such a b***h to you before. I, um, hope you'll give me another chance?" She would understand if the teen was apprehensive about accepting her offer of friendship, though. She had been very nasty to him before, but she hadn't known about the things that had happened to him, or that there was someone else behind all of it.

Thorin then asked for tankards. "Oh, yeah!" She reached over, grabbing a red Solo cup from the stack and handing it to the dwarf. "Disposable tankards!" She announced, flashing the dwarf a cheeky grin.

Rawrlicia
bigxsisxsara
Captain Bro-Cookie

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

Natalie had gotten a phone call from work that she'd had to take care of, so she'd stepped outside and gone down the street to a quiet alley to take care of it. Now she was back, and hoping she hadn't missed too much of the party!

"Sorry I had to step out, you guys!" she said apologetically as she re-entered Hero's apartment. "What'd I miss?"

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero
Jezebel Herodias Kimhi

Appearance: [x]
The Dogs: [x]

Hero looked over Thorin's head to Natalie, who had just come back after stepping out. She grinned and waved. "You missed, like, four people showing up, and twice as much alcohol arriving!" Between all of the ale Edward brought and Thorin's keg, Hero would be set for drinks for weeks. There was no way anyone could down all of this alcohol at one party!

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

"Alcohol?" Natalie replied with a laugh. "Oh dear!" She looked around and spotted some new faces, including Edward, and Melody, and...

"Thorin! Teague!" she exclaimed. "I'm so glad you guys could make it!" After all the horror he'd been through, and the memory loss he suffered, Teague was desperately in need of some good cheer.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Melody nodded to Teague's question although she still remained close at his side. "I'm-" she said as Natalie had arrived. Melody smiled at the woman and gave her a wave before restarting her sentence. "I'm cosplaying as Alicia from the anime Aria the Animation. Well her younger self really since I am wearing both gloves. I also am not wearing the wig so it is a bit hard to tell." She said recalling Alicia's golden long hair and looking at her shorter brown hair.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
This toy fascinated Jane. However she needed to make sure of something first. Recalling the brief tour Hero kindly gave her, Jane slipped off into the bathroom. She locked the door behind her as she laid the toy on the counter face up. She stood there for a second deciding how to approach this. Based on her findings, this toy had life in it but not nessisarily a soul so she didn't have to kill it. She instead cleared her throat before speaking softly to the toy. "I don't know if you can understand me in English but I know a number of languages in case I need to translate myself. I am Jane Poiynt and it is nice to meet you. I am a Priestess of Kelemvor and I know you are alive. I guess..." At this point she faltered. "I guess I just want to know how I can help you and if I even can help you. Or if you want help for that matter."
User Image

The soldier was carried from the party to a secluded bathroom. Once he was set down, he gave a silent cheer of joy. But when the woman began speaking to him, addressing him directly, the Sergeant would have choked had he lungs and a trachea to choke with.

To hell with it. She already knew. The small plastic man sat up, brushing imaginary wrinkles and dust from his plastic uniform. "Alright, so you figured me out. Now what? You want to help? Fine, get me outta this apartment. I can take it from there."

The toy went on to grumble out loud, though it was obviously not meant for Jane to hear, "Shouldn't even be here. Thieving one armed women picking me up like i'm some sort of prize."

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero
Jezebel Herodias Kimhi

Hero grinned at Natalie's reaction before turning back to Melody as she explained her cosplay. "I've never heard of Aria the Animation before! I'll have to check it out." She smiled, almost embarrassed. "I just finished watching a new series called Kill la Kill, and I really want to cosplay Ryuko, but I'd need three wig caps to control this crazy mess on my head," Hero explained, reaching up to tousle her unrule brown curls, laughing.

bigxsisxsara

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

Natalie chuckled at Hero and Melody. "I'm afraid I'm totally lost!" she said. "I may live in a comic-book shop, but I'm woefully behind the times when it comes to anime!"

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Melody gave a soft smile as the topic shifted to Anime and cosplaying. "Well if you don't want to bother with wigs and wig caps you could try cosplaying Himeno from a Centaur's Life. Your hair and figure would match the character fairly well. Well the human parts at least. She is a Centaur so cosplaying her would be tricky." Melody said softly before chuckling. "Aria the animation is an anime based of the manga Aqua. It is a Slice of Life styled anime. The story is set in the distant future following a girl who used to live on Earth, now called Manhome, who had moved to Mars, now called Aqua to become a Undine. Colonists had meltedthe ice on Mars to make the planet inhabitable but they ended up bringing out too much water so the planet is almost completely covered in water. It is a very relaxing slow paced Anime." Melody said trying to describe it without sounding odd.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Hero
Jezebel Herodias Kimhi

Hero grinned and threw an arm around Natalie's shoulders. "Don't worry, Nat, we'll catch you up!" She chuckled a little before letting her arm slip back to her side, listening as Melody spoke of the cosplay. "Yeah, turning into a centaur would pose as a challenge. Though, I'm sure somewhere in Solomon's there's an artifact that changes you into a centaur something," she laughed before letting Melody explain Aria the Animation to her, nodding as the woman spoke. "That actually sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out later," she said with a smile.

bigxsisxsara
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

Natalie laughed. "I haven't seen that series, but I bet we've got the box set at the cafe!" she said. "And like Hero said, I bet there's some kinda item at Solomon's that turns you into a centaur. And if not there, then at the tattoo parlor in Durem! They have a little bit of everything!"

Friendly Explorer

Riley had been on the outs for a while. She had called a few times, but then her cell phone had gotten soaked in a burst water main and that was that. She had almost called Hero on the train, but figured seeing her in person would be best-and with flowers as an apology for not calling.

Riley climbed the stairs two at a time, a large bouquet of flowers wrapped in cellophane tightly held to her chest. There were daisies, lilies and pink tea roses mixed in with baby's breath-a bright and cheery bit of spring before fall set in. She got to the door and managed to knock-humming some tune or other under her breath.

Riley was in street clothes. A light blue sweater with a pawprint emblazoned on the chest, a pretty ruffle tier skirt, black tights and light blue and white polka dot flats. Her hair was pulled back into a foofy ponytail. She had a key but only the one hand, so she waited patiently outside.

If Hero wasn't home, she supposed she could sneak the flowers in on the dining room table.

Edit:

Riley waited. And waited. And waited a little more before sighing, crushing the flowers closer to her chest so her fingers could grasp hold of the nylon cord around her neck-drawing it out of her shirt to jam Hero's apartment key into the door. She unlocked it, turned the knob-and stepped into a chilly, black room that lacked the usual herb and perfumed scent...

Riley flipped on the light and found herself in an empty room.

She blinked, stared-and then turned and hurried down the stairs, hardly bothering to lock back up. There was a payphone around the corner-and Riley hurried to that to dial Hero's cell. (Going to PM)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff