Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Bibliophile

Dapon Oscurarsi & Akocha Strigori

He grit his teeth at the audacity the Dante women held, telling him to ‘shut up’. Geesh. Not only was she being ridiculous with her word choice—he could not exactly fall silent if he was not making noise in the first place—but she had asked him for an explanation. If she didn’t want to hear it, then she did not need to ask! Idiot woman. There was no way she would be as brave if it were not for the fact that her manservant had him in such a bind that he could scarcely move without the threat of breaking his arm.

Yeah, yeah. He had been in the middle of an internal debate about the same thing just a few hours ago. Retrospect did that to a person, especially when circumstances were not the most ideal, but it was just that. A debate. And it was too late for it anyways, no matter what they said. Yet another truth of the nature of retrospect.

Her sharp fingernail dug into his chin, and he instinctively caught his breathe, but his eyes glared unrelenting at the woman, as though daring her go for it. Slice his throat, and good luck deciphering all the notes that he needed to translate and reorganize. They could spend the next years hoping that they were containing the problem as well as he and his Father had been able to over the last years (until now obviously, but as he had already pointed out, had he known that Father had died when he had, and if his sister was not a stubborn little one, then all this could have been easily prevented). Go ahead and see if they could handle it without killing her.

Or maybe that was the plan now. It was certainly his backup plan if the potion did not restore her. Kill the little girl, and with the demon bound to her, it would be years before they heard from him again.

Diana spending time with the child was not his concern. He had not been around, so there would have been no reason for him to know that since no one had seen it fit to fill him in on anything that was happening in the house. Besides, Carlie, Ciaran, Aralyn, and Avalon had been told enough that they could have made the executive decision to keep Tsuki away from people. They chose not to, so there was some blame on their shoulders as well, especially since Tsuki had nothing to do with him.

He flinched as though he had been slapped when she made the insinuation that charging him with the task to research and find a way to remove the demon safely was not done out of trust, but because he could not speak. Her nail bit into the fleshy underside of his chin with the movement, but he remained in place in spite of the thin trail of blood that started dripping down his throat. It was not like it was something he had never considered before—when he had first made a long trip, he had to wonder—but hearing someone else say it was a shock, and it stung. Badly.

Was he really so worthless that he could not be trusted with anything than holding secrets…?

But before he could dwell on that thought too long, or even truly react, she had jerked his head up once more, and insulted him again. He grit his teeth in a silent growl. Tell Ciaran all the secrets? ******** that. If they would actually use some common sense, then what he had told them would have been more than enough.

She released him, and moved as though to slap him, but he did not move, just glared at her unyieldingly with a trail of blood pooling into his collar. Sure, the consoling hand was surprising, but it did not match her tone, which really did not surprise him. This woman was about as two faced as all else, so it was predictable in that sense. She threatened his life, blamed him, then offered her help, before telling the man that held him to let him go, which he complied, almost immediately.

Akocha took his arm back and rubbed some of the feeling back into it while glaring at the woman before him, a challenge in his eyes. “You know nothing. There were people that were armed with enough information to keep alert. It was their choice not to act on what I said, and ignored the signs. You cannot, and will not plant this fiasco solely on my shoulders! They were warned, and did nothing. Ciaran included. Want to know? Carlie, Ciaran, Aralyn, and Avalon all knew that there was a problem, that she holds a demonic spirit within her that was suppressed with enchantments that Carlie pointed out were weakening. And they did NOTHING to protect themselves or their loved ones” he snapped, gesticulating madly around him for emphasis. His mental tone was furious, though there was a smidgen of hurt there as well. Effectively being told he was probably nothing more than a pawn stung worse than he would have thought. “And if you want to kill me, then fine. Do it. I will not stop you, but do know that if you do, you have doomed either everyone she ever comes in contact with, or the child herself.” Either Tsuki died, or the rest of them did, because she would never stop coming after them as long as they posed a threat to the demon within her. It was the simple truth of the matter, and anyone with half a brain could see the truth in his words.

And next time you want to offer me help, you might want to not be such a conniving b***h about it just before. Especially if you want to be on good terms with us. I refuse your help, so ******** off” he snapped, before flashing her a rather rude sign and turning.

Dapon had stepped away from Akocha, listening to the man’s rant until he was blue in the face, a hand on Serenity’s shoulder protectively. If he had made any move towards Serenity, he would have found himself in pieces, even if Dapon had not already been angry with him. So when Akocha’s fairly calm demeanor shifted and he started swearing at her and flashing her a rather rude sign, he could not help himself. He stepped forward, and he backhanded the man, droplets from his wound hand splattering across the room a slight distance as he moved.

He had to admit, the audible crack and subsequent crash to the floor was rather satisfying.

Akocha’s head snapped to once side and he fell hard, barely managing to catch himself on the ground before he cracked his skull open there. He made a strange gargling sound his throat for a long moment before he twisted his head and glared at the pair once more. “Yeah. Don’t count on universal popularity. Ever” his voice hissed before he pushed himself to his feet and walked back out of the door, his hand clamped over his rapidly swelling cheek.

He would be leaving after the full moon. Period. Make a batch of the potion and leave. Drag the little demon girl along with him if he had to, but even if he was just a pawn—and he was not convinced that he really was—then it was the only thing he knew. So be it.

But first things first. Back to the library after a quick raid for blood.

Dapon turned to Serenity with a look of satisfaction on his face. “Did you get everything you needed?” he asked, helping her rise to his feet by placing a gentle hand under her elbow and heaving her up. Once she was up again, he placed his hand over her baby bump, wearing a concerned, but plainly wistful expression. “I don’t like leaving you two here alone without me… not as long as those two are here… but you’re supposed to be on bedrest too now, and there’s no way you’d get the rest you need at my place…” he trailed off, voicing his opinion through veiled means. He was afraid of losing them, like Serenity had said could have happened to Ciaran and his wife and their children. He knew that he could not have handled that at all….

Partying Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Ⓘ'm putting my Ⓓefenses up
Ⓒause I don't wanna fall in Ⓛove ❥
Ⓘf I ever did that I think I'd have a Ⓗeart attack

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Selene half assed smiled to herself in the mirror before walking away from her image. She hasn't really left her room since she has gotten here. Refusing to really mingle with anyone, therefore she doesn't know anyone's name or what they look like. Honestly, if it wasn't for her little stash of junk food she would've walked out at least a few times to the kitchen. But she doesn't know how to talk with anyone here, she feels disconnected from her family and now they live with mostly strangers all the while being pawned off.
Selene reached underneath her bed for a bottle of scotch and once her fingers wrapped around the bottle she walked out to her balcony. Her heels clicking on the hard surface and moving the peaceful blanket of snow. She inhaled and looked to the sky before breathing out. Raising her bottle as she spoke gently.
"Well here's to you parents. In remembrance of your over fancy Christmas parties of the past. Good job father for the s**t you've gotten us into now. Way to keep control from the grave. Cheers."
She tipped the bottle back and took several gulps of the alcohol. She leaned onto the railing of her balcony and stared at the bottle.
"Soon I'll be old enough that I won't have to use that fake I.D. you hate so much father. God, I remember those fights. Hope you guys are at peace, I guess."
Goosebumps began to cover her revealed skin and she took this as a sign to head back inside before she freezes herself. Selene made sure to clean her heels of snow before walking back into her room. Once the French doors were closed and the bottle put away she looked around her purple room. Bored with the same four walls that surround her, she decided to go exploring a little. Leaving her room felt wrong; the hallways unfamiliar to her. She took a deep breath before continuing with her new found bravery.
Selene glanced in many rooms before finding the Library. She smiled to herself when she noticed that it was empty and she headed on in. One finger touched the books as she read through the titles trying to find something familiar to her. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin flashed like a neon sign at her as she greedily grabbed the book up. She smiled at its familiar cover while walking to a near by chair. Selene sat in the chair side ways with her back on one arm and her legs hanging over the other. She flipped the pages until she got to the ball where Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy first meet. Reading the part where Mr. Darcy said that Elizabeth 'is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me'; she giggled. I haven't read this book since high school. I've forgotten how much I truly like this book.

Who am I with:No one
Where am I located: Library
What am I wearing: outfit
My Chambers:[x] // [x] // [x]
☽OOC:☾

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Draikyn Daringen Dante
Dedicated Musician

What I am wearing: [Like what you see?] [Going for a Different Cuff.]

He blinked, surprised and taken aback, when his hand was brushed away from her, staring at her, his eyes begging for answers, as she proceeded to scold him. Maybe he should not have touched her without warning, but it was his nature. At least on his end, if someone wanted to make sure he was listening to them when his mind was obviously elsewhere, he needed the contact. He had always assumed that it would have been something similar on someone else’s end, and had acted accordingly. “Alright…” he said quietly, still anxious, though reprimanded. “I’m sorry…

Was she going to answer his questions or what?

He watched as she stood, and seemed to debate with herself. Great. Another one of the Strigori that was going to hide things from him in an effort to protect his family. Did they really not realize how pointless that was? He was about to point that out and demand an answer in an uncharacteristic way, but, thankfully, Avalon started speaking, explaining, though obviously reluctantly.

Oh thank goodness. She was just exhausted—something that he had seen that morning, and was going to try and help rectify if she had not leapt out the window by making her take a nap with him—and the blood was not hers, but he could have figured that out if he had taken a moment to verify that. But, then again… blood. He shuddered involuntarily, and continued to watch her as she moved into the room, obviously ignoring the other two occupants of the room at the moment.

The little girl was possessed by a demon? And it went on a rampage, probably meaning that it had killed some people, and Aralyn got caught by the transfer when she went to go help. He shifted, his expression turning stressed as he pressed his long fingers into his temples, visibly becoming agitated and frightened. Keep his family away from the child, but then what about theirs? If she was that dangerous, then the Strigori shouldn’t be around her either.

Give her…? He reached out and took the paper loosely in his hands, staring at her dumbfoundedly as she placed a rather large amount of stress on his shoulders with that one sentence. She was counting on him to not pry, to not listen, and to pass along a note. He sighed heavily, shaking his head as he set aside the note, his eyes flicking over Ryu and Trinity briefly before turning back to Avalon. “I can’t promise that… I won’t pry, unless it looks like it will be dangerous for her, but I can’t promise to not allow her to tell me. She… I’ve been so worried about her these last few days, and when she comes back to me like that… no. If she needs to talk, then I am here, plain and simple. I’m sorry, but that is how it will be” he said quietly, before glancing back to the bed, where his fiancée slept. “I owe her that much… you would do the same, wouldn’t you? For someone you loved like life itself?

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul

<<OOC: >>

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Xander Emilio Dante
Personality Tester Beta

What I'm wearing: [Don't you wish you looked like me?]

He sighed as Carlie spoke, his wisened eyes tracing a pattern in the wallpaper he was staring at. Her words were not all together reassuring, since not only had he been attacked since he had arrived, but his beloved little sister had been as well. By one of their own as well, and it seemed that she was still around. It seemed that that part of their copy of the will had been overlooked or downplayed to try and keep the family together, so what was to keep them from continuing to do so as well?

He did not get a chance to respond to that part of her statement before Carlie’s blunt question took him off guard. His eyes flicked to hers in surprise, and he could not find the words to immediately answer. Sure, it was under the pretense of gathering information to better understand their situation, but it was still a rather personal question. How intimate he was being with her…? His face flushed with color as he jerked his head away. “We have been intimate. To say the least. On more than one occasion, we have fallen asleep in each other arms. Though, of course, on more than one occasion, we have wanted rip each other’s throats out as well” he said with a single shoulder shrug, as though it did not matter, though, from the color in his face, it obviously did matter. The idea at least made this personality uncomfortable. “The major problem, of course, stems from the accident the other day, and her insistence at trying to help me. The vampiric answer to medicine still gives me the shivers, even if I did appreciate it.”

We're all mad here... ~Lewis Carroll
Reminder: Xander is shy and quiet. Aaron is the fliratious playboy. Alex is the angry thug. Will is the logical intellect. Danny is the child.
But that is by no means a complete list....

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image
Buingu Dante

Buingu seldom looked at willow and put one arm round his little brother to comfort him and like always when worrying listened to everything.His brain slowly clicking over things that he had heard and what little he remembered from the day before, he didn't want to intrude in either of them but he kept his hood up softly mumbling to his brother " hey its all right. its all right", he gently looked up willow who had been talking to him and nodded softly. His eyes looking distant like normal as well as his hood up even though he was indoors.He still couldn't shake that feeling of luckiness for who ever had willow and gently smiled, " ill cook my own food myself madam" he very softly and shyly said barely loud enough to be heard.

Why did he get the feeling of dread from every one in the house. even the family that lived here themselves, part of his mind shock it off as nerves and him reading the body language wrong but some where deep down he just couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong. or very different. this made him sigh softly as he motioned for his brother to sit down as he remained standing, almost scared of his own younger brother.

((ooc smile )
Carlie
Salvatore

Wearing: click

User ImageOn the hills the fires burn at midnight
Superstition plague the air

Carlie listened, her eyes held no judgement as he answered the question, which had caught him off guard. So she had closed a wound, "If it was a spot that bled a lot, it was no doubt to protect you first and foremost then." she said, sighing, "The Strigoris have never seen humans the way you or I would see cattle. What bloodletting means to them, however, does vary wildly with who it is. If it is someone they're not close to, it's survival, but if it's someone important to them, it's something much more sensual to them." she ran her hair through her bangs, as if trying to find the right words, "I'm not going to lie to you Xander, I have no reason to, but if you're getting that worked up about a lick, then you're forcing her to hold back, and she won't be enjoying your time together as much as she could." she told him flatly, "Vampires have a saying, 'it's a fling until she bites'. If she tells you that she wants to mix it mid-coitus, it's because she wants to be serious about you, not because she wants you as a snack. But I can assure you, between the will and how the Strigori girls are, you have nothing to fear if you're being let into one of their beds." she said. Again, there was no judgement in what she was saying, even if it didn't interest her personally, sex was a normal thing, and fertility was something that was celebrated in most covens. She also knew the Strigori girls, and none of them were of a nature that Carlie would call slutty.

Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight
The stars are out and magic is here

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Ikaroa "Ro" Moana Ngata
Deaf Magician

What I'm wearing: [I'm not Blind, I know a thing or two about color]

In all his years of travel, in multiple countries, and across several different financial societies, he had never before seen such an imposing building. The sheer size of the place, standing in the heavy shade of the darkening day, with heavy curtains pulled across most of the windows that he could see, the young man could almost hear the high pitched shrieks and screams that could only come from a house that could be featured as haunted. This was supposed to be a house? Really? It was an absolutely incredible thought.

He sighed to himself, his chest heaving as his rose colored eyes drifted over the house once more. He really did not want to be here at the moment, but this was where he had been told he could find her.

Carlie.

He had spent a better part of the last week trying to prove that he was more than capable of taking care of himself in spite of his handicap and age. He had no living family, and his adoptive parents had just died in random mugging while visiting the country’s capital for both the holidays, and to investigate a college that was stationed there. Gallaudet University was a school geared towards educating the deaf, and seemed to be the most logical choice for the young man to further his non-magical studies. It did not look like that would happen again.

Now orphaned again, and only seventeen, a foreigner, and deaf to boot, Ikaroa was having a hard time coping. He had returned to Maine to bury his parents in a place that was comforting to him, where he had first lived when he came to this country, but he was still lost, and completely alone. Eventually admitting defeat, he had wandered to a place that was once his second home.

The Verde Forza was home to the first, and closest, of his few childhood friends, and, though he had not seen her in a couple years, they had kept in touch. He knew that she would help him out if she could. At least for a little while. But when he had called on her at her home, he had been told that she was staying here. Or, that is what he thought they had been trying to tell him through their crude, unpracticed signs.

So here he was, standing on the Strigori’s spacious patio porch, an old picture of his friend—just in case—clutched in one hand as the other reached for the bell. He couldn’t help but wonder what it sounded like. From the way the house appeared in the twilight, he was almost certain it probably sounded like someone screaming. Not that he knew what that sounded like in the first place. He pressed the bell and closed his eyes, for a long moment, stealing himself as he waited for someone to answer the door, practicing saying the name. “Cah-lee Sah-bat-or. Ih she heer? Cah-lee Sah-bat-or?

By deafness, one gains in one respect more than one loses; one misses more nonsense than sense.
Just to note -- "Speech" ; "Signing with someone" ; Written.
Other methods of communication will be added as needed.

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Xander Emilio Dante
Personality Tester Beta

What I'm wearing: [Don't you wish you looked like me?]

He sighed, shaking his head. While she had a point, she just did not understand. Even if he was, in her eyes, overreacting from a simple lick, she did not know the whole story. “I was attacked not too long after I arrived here. I cannot recall who it was that attacked me, but they left me very weak, more than half-drained of my blood. I am skiddish around their kind and their teeth for that reason. Throw in the fact that a simple lick closing a wound goes against all medicinal knowledge, and, well…” he said, trailing off as he adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose before studying her for a moment, the color in his face fading a little as she continued.

His eyes widened a little when she mentioned the saying. ‘It’s a fling until she bites.’ She… well, Avalon had never offered any such thing, but that could have been because he was so adamant about her keeping her teeth to herself at all times. She had respected that for him, and he was grateful for it. Well, most of him was grateful for it. “Why would anyone in their right mind want to be bitten like that mid-coitus? Does it… have something to do with what Avalon had mentioned? That it’s not always painful?” he asked quietly, deciding to leave the saying aside for the moment. He couldn’t think on that too much at the moment.

Alex chose at that moment to loudly voice his opinion on the matter, and Xander flinched, sighing heavily. “I suppose the answer doesn’t matter, since I still will not allow her to bite. Coitus or not. Aaron’ll be happy. It will always be a fling then…” He sounded almost disappointed.

We're all mad here... ~Lewis Carroll
Reminder: Xander is shy and quiet. Aaron is the fliratious playboy. Alex is the angry thug. Will is the logical intellect. Danny is the child.
But that is by no means a complete list....

Carlie
Salvatore

Wearing: click

User ImageOn the hills the fires burn at midnight
Superstition plague the air

Carlie listened to him, "Not quite, the idea of saliva having healing properties has been held since ancient times, it's mentioned in one of Christ's healings in the Bible too. The rest you can attribute to magic really. As for the pain factor, what you were told is true, I don't know how it works exactly, but I do know that if someone is being malicious, it's painful, if their feelings are tender, however, it is pleasurable to the person. That's why voluntary donors are abundant, and they're paid handsomely in return. My blood's off limits to vampires though, it's like crack cocaine to them." she explained, telling him that as a way of saying that she wouldn't know the pleasurable thing either, but Ciaran had yet to tell her a lie about these things.

Hearing him towards the end, she walked over and lifted his chin to look her in the eye, "Xander, what is the point of making those sides of you happy if it makes you miserable? Tell them to shut up for a minute and tell me, would you be happy with a fling? Your tone right now suggests otherwise to me." she said, her tone was gentle and kind. "I'm helping the Strigoris with a few things, but if you want take charge rather than let people push you around, let me know, there are a few things you can do." he offered her gently before blinking, there was a familiar aura at the door, "Please, think things over, talk to her openly and honestly, you just might be surprised, now, if you'll excuse me" she said, leaving him to his thoughts.

Making her way to the front door she opened it, her eyes widening in surprise when she saw it really was the friend she looked after as if he were a little brother, since he wouldn't hear any surprised comment, she pulled him into a hug briefly before holding him at arm's length, looking him up and down, before releasing him to sign with him, "This is a surprise, what brings you here Ro?" she asked, her expression clear that the surprise was a pleasant one. As of yet, she had no idea of the circumstances as she had been at the mansion since after the Yule celebrations.

Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight
The stars are out and magic is here
Seamus

User ImageUser ImageJanice thanked Jayden and climbed out before setting up the pram that was in the car before putting Dante into it.

Seamus watched Jayden, it seemed that there was a glimmer of hope there. That made him smile, "You're right, let's go and see if the inside holds true," he said with a smile, darkness was still in his brother's expression, but maybe if he got painting again, that dark cloud will lift, especially if Avalon and some of their other siblings spent time with him and showed that they genuinely cared. That with their father gone, he was free of that abuse he endured, the will aside. Hopefully whoever Jay was paired with was a nice person.

Walking in, he smiled as he took in the surroundings, "You're right, your painting for the owner is still here too." he said, he vaguely noted that a parallel on Seamus's part, a piece of calligraphy he had done for one of his poems, was also put up over the calligraphy supplies. "Take your pick Jay, I've got you covered." he said with a smile. Seamus had been the primary payer in Europe, but Jayden chipped in now and again with his paintings, one Seamus liked so much that he asked for it to be submitted to his publishing house as a potential cover for his newest novel. "I know it's a little early, but I have a little gift for you." he said, taking out a small wallet and holding it out for Jayden, inside was a forged ID saying he was 21 and a debit card, as well as some cash, "While you were at the hospital, I got a call from the publishing house, they chose your picture as the cover, so I had to set up an account for your pay. As long as that picture is used as the cover, you get royalties for every book sold." he told him.

Janice

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Liliana "Lili" Rae Dante
Ice Princess

What I'm Wearing: [Yes, I know it's snowing outside. What's your point?]

Though she was no artist, Liliana Dante was dancing around the shop, shaking her hips to the groove as she hummed along and gathered a few supplies for her next great project. A beautiful new costume to wear on the day she showed her sponsor up. She would show him, someday, somehow, that she was the better skater. Period.

Though the Dante parents had died months ago, and she had been ordered to Maine, Lili had plainly refused. She needed to stay there in Colorado to train, or all that she had worked for for years would have worthless and lost. Sorry to her parents, but not. She had attended the funeral, took a week off to help pack things up for her siblings, and had gone straight back to her schedule for the upcoming competition.

With Sectionals behind her now, and Nationals looming, she decided she could make the move. Nationals, after all, pulled the best skaters from across the country, and since she had made the cut, it did not matter as much from where she came. Besides, being here, in Maine, she was much closer to the competition site, meaning she could practice longer and still scope out her competition. So she had come, driving across the country with her Coach.

He had left her there in the shopping district with the express intent of tuning her car up and preparing it for the different kind of winter that Maine boasted over Colorado. She was able to go out and shop, hunting for little gifts just in time for Christmas Eve. Armed with bags of knickknacks, she had completed her last minute shopping list with plenty of time to stop in the cozy art shop. Time to do a little gifting for herself.

With her earbuds in, playing the latest from a selection of pop and rock bands, she perused the selection of glitters and markers. Something to add a little sparkle to her planned outfit. She was dancing around, singing and humming to herself when she accidently stepped back, colliding with a young man that just came in with a few others. Startled, she ripped her earbuds out and spun. “Oh! I’m terribly so—” her voice broke off abruptly as her eyes setting in on the young male. With his dark hair and silvery eyes, he seemed almost, other worldy. Ethereal. And drop dead gorgeous to boot. She swallowed and offered him one of her dazzling, performer’s smiles, making sure to keep her face apologetic. “Oh dear me. I am so sorry. Terribly clumsy. Didn’t help I wasn’t paying attention either” she said, shifting slightly so she could gesture to the earbuds that hung around her neck before her fingers reached up and gently brushed a stray lock of her teal colored hair back into place. “I am new to twon, so I don’t know much of anyone. Being Christmas, well… My name is Lili. What’s your name?

Shy she was not, and it showed.

Without strength and courage it's really hard to perform at the highest levels of international figure skating, because you're alone on the ice and you only have seven minutes over two nights to prove yourself. ~Scott Hamilton

Seamus

User ImageUser ImageSeamus turned when someone bumped into him, tubes of glitter scattered onto the floor, "It's quite all right, no harm done." he said, crouching down to help her pick up the tubes, "Though, if you would like some advice, I would say be careful around holidays, shoppers tend to be grumpier." he remarked. That was something he had noticed a lot, and it wasn't just in Maine either. It was clear that he was not suffering from the stresses of last minute gift shopping, then again, this was not the gifty kind of shop normally, though there were starter sets that some might offer as a gift.

He held up the glitter he picked up for her as she introduced herself, "Nice to meet you Lili, my name is Seamus." he said, new to town huh? "Well, I hope you come to enjoy yourself here, the town is small, but there are good people. Are you staying at the Verde Forza?" he asked, it was the best hotel in town, and not just because of the witches running it, so many who were visiting the area stayed there. Its rep as a place of rejuvenation was not deterred by the Christmas season either, there were those who wanted to spend the holiday away from the stresses of home after all.

Janice

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Jayden Elias Strigori
Psychotic Lover

What I'm wearing: [Mmkay]

The store was almost exactly the same as it had been the last time he had come here. The layout much the same, which was more than a relief. And behind the counter, the exact same woman, who smiled warmly in spite of the fact that she was still busy with customers. “Wonderful… it is the same” he said, relief visibly crossing his features as he scanned the place. Jayden was definitely one who did better when things were consistent. Change… definitely not his strong suit.

The encouragement to pick out what he wanted was all he needed. He turned immediately to the shelves and started perusing them until Seamus got his attention once more. He turned, a small brush set in his hands, to study his brother as he held out a wallet. His brow wrinkled in confusion, but he reached out to take it, setting the brushes aside, and flicking the wallet open. His eyes landed on the ID and piece of plastic, which was even more surprising. Twenty one? And it was his picture too, so it was a forgery, but a good one. This was…

They chose my painting?” he asked quietly, unable to keep the surprise out of his carefully numbed expression. “But that’s… why?” It was going to be insane to see his work splashed across shelves in that matter. “T-thank you…” he said, not knowing what else to say, or really how to feel about it.

He reached out to touch his brother’s shoulder in a grateful gesture before turning back to the shelves, truly taken aback by the presentation. He heard the scuffle of people colliding behind him, but did not turn at the subsequent conversation. “Janice… Would you… I mean… I can try to draw your baby for you… like a picture… you know?” he said quietly, giving her a tiny smile as well.

All art is but imitation of nature. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Liliana "Lili" Rae Dante
Ice Princess

What I'm Wearing: [Yes, I know it's snowing outside. What's your point?]

She took her glitter back with a smile as he introduced himself to her. Seamus, huh? Interesting name, and not one she heard very often these days, but it seemed to suit him. “The Verde Forza? No. I assume that’s a local hotel in this area?” she asked, making note of the name. It would be a good place for coach until she could arrange a place for him somewhere in the city. Somehow, she doubted the Strigori had a room for him, and she wasn’t all that sure she wanted him right there anyways. “I’m actually coming to join my family who moved here a couple months ago. I’ve been… busy, so I couldn’t come out before. We’re moving in with the Strigori family. Do you know them?” She reached out and gently touched his wrist with a coy smile. Sure, she might have no intention of pursuing it, but that would not stop her from flirting. “I could use some directions if you know the place

Without strength and courage it's really hard to perform at the highest levels of international figure skating, because you're alone on the ice and you only have seven minutes over two nights to prove yourself. ~Scott Hamilton

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
Ikaroa "Ro" Moana Ngata
Deaf Magician

What I'm wearing: [I'm not Blind, I know a thing or two about color]

Lost in his verbal practice—though why he was even bothering was beyond him—he did not notice the front door open, offering him admittance to the creepy looking house. Nor were his skilled honed enough that he recognized his dear friend’s aura until she wrapped him in a tight hug. He startled understandably, abruptly falling silent, as his eyes snapped open and jerking to see who it was. He let out a sigh of relief as she studied him briefly. Thank goodness. She was here.

Carlie!” he signed, using the sign name he had given her years ago, smiling at her whole heartedly, while secret hoping that she had heard his atrocious (most likely) attempt at saying her name. He reached out to her, and embraced his dear friend tightly before stepping back and responding to her question. “I… well. It’s a long story actually” he signed with a sigh, shaking his head as his expression fell, but he launched into a brief explanation of what had happened just over the last few weeks. The trip to Washington DC, the mugging and the subsequent deaths…. It was evident that he cared rather deeply about his adoptive parents, who had rescued him from what promised to be a hellhole back in New Zealand. He was eternally grateful, and he loved them dearly. Their loss had hit him hard. “Long story short… I was wondering if you could help me. Just for a few days. I know it’s bad timing with the Holidays and all, but I just… I didn’t know where else to go.”

By deafness, one gains in one respect more than one loses; one misses more nonsense than sense.
Just to note -- "Speech" ; "Signing with someone" ; Written.
Other methods of communication will be added as needed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces