Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image
XXXXXSO MUCH TO SAYXXXXXI FORGET TO STARTXXXXXSO MUCH TO SAYXXXXXI FORGET TO START
XXXXTHERE GOES A DAYXXXXFADING AS IT PASSESXXXXTHERE GOES A DAYXXXXFADING AS IT PASSES
XXXFORGET THE GREY.XXXLET IT FALL⇘ A P A R T.XXXFORGET THE GREY.XXXLET IT FALL⇘ A P A R T.
XXITʻS OKAY.XITʻS OKAY.XITʻS OKAY.
XI LIKE YOU IN G L A S S E S.

tab Milo laughed and leaned against the threshold of the door as Dru disappeared to change her shoes. He crossed his arms over his chest, patiently waiting at the foot of the stairs. He heard her quip about his cactus, which he responded to in mock-defense. "Hey now! That cactus is a damn fine administrative assistant and I won't hear you say anything against him." He had no idea where this love for ugly cacti had come from... but once he bought the first one (the one Dru was referencing) from a botanist at a conference , they had begun to pour in from all angles. Students would bring him cacti for bribes. Co-workers would leave them on his desk for his birthday or to congratulate him on a new publication or a job well done at a conference. One April Fool's day, his research students covered every surface in his lab with cacti and succulents of varying sizes.

Maybe they were a metaphor for Milo himself. Hardy. Kind of unusual. Prickly and rough on the outside, but mushy and sweet on the inside.

He felt a pang of sadness as he remembered that he wouldn't be going back there. He had left the cacti in his office on the desks of various co-workers, the leftovers in a box in the hall that had "Free to Good Homes" hastily scrawled on the side in sharpie. He missed his office. He missed his lab. He missed his co-workers and especially his students. He had an inbox full of emails from them, including several from some petition website or another, where his students had been attempting to convince the university to take him back. He hadn't been able to get himself to read any of them. Still in some denial that this was really happening to him.

He really didn't know where to go from here. He couldn't teach. Milo was a scientist first, a professor second. He wasn't licensed to teach in public schools. Only at the university level... And the nearest one was quite a ways away... He knew what he would probably end up doing, which was working peer review for some scientific journals he had been published in. The work wasn't exciting. He'd basically just spend hours each day reading papers. Editing papers. Sending emails. To someone who had spent the last ten years of his life actively participating in expanding the world's knowledge of animal behavior and evolution? Pretty boring stuff... but it would pay the bills. He had considered applying for another university job, but he knew what that would mean. He'd be off and moving his family across the country again. Which would surely thrill all of them. Or not. He missed teaching. He missed researching. He missed feeling like a productive member of society.

He shook off the bad feelings when he saw Dru trot back down the stairs toward him. He grinned... and then he had an idea. He walked quickly to the kitchen, opening up several cabinets, not quite remembering where his parents had kept anything. But eventually, he found what he wanted. He pulled a bottle of wine off the shelf, not bothering to look and see what it was. It didn't matter. The cabinet next to that one housed the wine glasses. He plucked two off the shelf, looked at them for a moment, and then put them back on the shelf. Why bother? He shoved a corkscrew into his pocket and jogged into the living room, grabbing up one of the afghans off the back of the couch. He met her back at the front door, the wine and blanket balanced precariously in his arms, actually excited for once. Since they had been married, Dru and Milo had actually spent very little time in his hometown. He preferred the city, Dru had only known the city. It only seemed to make sense... But, as a result, Dru knew basically nothing about his upbringing as a country kid. They had met after Milo had already been living away from his parents for about eight years... and while she had been one of the students in the class he was TA-ing, but that was a story for another day. He was firmly a resident of Academia... but this time, Dru was going to be the one to get an education.

He grabbed her hand and nearly dragged her out the front door. "What you're wearing is fine. Now come on, I wanna show you something." He called back out to the rest of the house to the three children that were inside. "Your mother and I are going out for a bit. We'll see you guys when we get back." Pulling the door shut behind him a bit too enthusiastically, it slammed shut. He lead her down the winding driveway, the gravel crunching under their shoes. By the time they made it to the road, Milo was actually breathing a little heavily. Damn... That driveway's a little longer now than it was when I was sixteen... He slowed his pace down, allowing Dru to actually catch up with his frantic run out the door, surely a surprise for her. Milo didn't really do anything quickly. He laughed a little at himself for his over-enthusiasm. The sun was low in the sky, to the point where he almost wished he had brought his clip-on sunglasses (because he was that cool), but it didn't really matter. They'd be walking east anyway, the sun at their backs. As they walked down the gravel road, their shadows stretched out long in front of them, he reveled in the feeling of her small hand in his. Soft and familiar and comforting. He ran his thumb across the back of her hand, offering up a small smile as they easily walked toward some unknown destination. "You know, I don't think I actually ever even thanked you for making this huge adjustment for me... Without even giving it a second thought, you completely uprooted your life. Everything you've ever known... To move to some place you've never been, partake in a completely different lifestyle... And all just because I asked you to." He reached over and planted a kiss on the side of her head, burying his nose in her soft dark hair for a moment before just leaning his bearded cheek against the top of her head while they walked. "I don't think you realize how incredible that is.

As they walked, they passed a few houses, this neighborhood being a rarity in that they actually had neighbors they could see from the house. All the land at these houses was placed in the back. Each house they passed, Milo had some memory associated with it. Some funny "This one had the farmer who named all of his daughters after the cows on the farm. Seriously! He had Bessy and Elsie." Some were sad. "This one, the husband had a heart attack and died in the barn overnight... His kids found him the next morning when they went to feed... You could hear his wife crying all the way from our house..." but most were just inane details that everyone knows about their neighborhood where they grew up. "These people had this great dog when I was growing up... Just some brown and white farm mutt, but she was amazing. She was so smart, she could climb the ladders up into the haylofts! She had puppies when I was a kid and my parents bought one for me, but that dog was never as smart as theirs. I named her Emma."
                                                      After they passed the last house on the right, it was all corn fields, as far as the eye could see. He kept walking for a ways, gray eyes carefully scanning the rows of corn, looking for his sign. After a few hundred feet, his eyes lit up, "Oh! There it is!"
                                                      He dragged her over to the side of the road, carefully climbing down one end of the ditch and helping her across it before scrambling up the other side. "Okay, now you can't let go of my hand, okay?" He held fast onto her hand and disappeared into the corn, pulling her behind him. "This is what we used to do on the weekends in high school..." They walked for what felt like hours (in reality? About five minutes) before emerging into a huge clearing, a large combine resting in the middle like a sleeping beast. Milo's face was completely lit up. Firmly in the clearing, he let Dru's hand go and took a few steps forward. "The farmers leave their equipment here at night after they go home... We'd always come here on the weekends. Pint of SoCo in my jacket pocket." He looked back at Dru and laughed. He could never drink that stuff now. High school stomachs were amazing when it came to that sort of thing. He spread the blanket out on the ground and lowered himself down, his knees propped up as he pulled the corkscrew from his pocket and started in on the bottle. He continued his story. "We would all show up here at an agreed time, usually around 10:30 after the farmers would already be home and in bed, sneak out of our parents homes, though I'm sure they knew exactly where we were going, and show up here. We'd light a fire sometimes, we'd drink... We'd meet up with girls here." Not that Milo had too many memories of bringing girls around here... Nerdy and awkward in high school, he wasn't exactly a hot commodity... but even he had a few stories. He finally managed to pull the cork out of the bottle and set it down on the blanket next to him. He looked over at Dru, who was just a vision as the colors of the setting sun reflected off of her, the shadows from the corn stalks playing across her skin. He patted the blanket next to him and gestured toward her with the bottle. "Come on, it'll be like college." He laughed before taking a pull from the bottle, reading the label after he did so. Some sort of Pinot something or other. Milo wasn't a wine guy. He'd drink it if it was available, but he never really sought it out... but wine seemed to be the thing to drink on an impromptu picnic with your wife who still loved you even though you smoked weed as a forty-something after you made her move across the country.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                      Where Inside his parent's old house With Dru <3 What Outfit Why "I am entirely too lucky."
User Image
Drusilla: The Too involved in her children's lives mother

User Image

██████████ ██████████ ██████████ ██████████

She was upstairs and did try…well her flats. She didn’t really like flats. She didn’t know if it was just because ever since she was a teenager he mother said that women wear heels, but she just was use to it. You put on an outfit you put on high heels. But the dirt wasn’t really high heels thing. She’d sink or Milo would have to carry her. So it was just something she had to do. She wondered if she had to do this forever now. Wear flats and snakers and all those things that made her lose four inches. He heard about how his cactus was a fine administrative assistant. She then chuckled as she joked “Which one? You had an army of them by the end of it.”

She laughed again as she made it outside. Seeing him at the front door and saw him holding wine and blanket very cautiously in the arms. She moved hoping she wasn’t being overbearing and took the blanket, and wrapped the bottle and glasses in it, tying it at the top as she handed It back. Better, less him juggling. She realized she had taken over again and apologized “Sorry, took over again. I don’t know why I keep doing that”

She felt him grab her hand and dragging off, well that was good. She hoped so. She heard that he wanted to show her something and she felt herself running a bit to catch up. As he yelled at the house and well her kids she yelled out “And be safe, Stranger Danger Kids!” and ran with him. She well wasn’t use to Milo running anywhere, no offense to him of course. But usually he sort of got out of breathe kind of easily and so she hoped that he didn’t get a heart attack from this. She smiled “Okay darling, okay just be careful don’t overexert yourself”

She couldn’t help but smile, it was just so spontaneous and she loved that he could be so spontaneous. Plus it kept her on her toes and that was good. As she caught up with him she heard about how he was laughing, she looked at the sky as the clouds were becoming pink hues, she admitted “You know, its amazing isn’t it? How the sky changes so much. In the city we had all those buildings in the way but its kind of pretty….”

She kept ahold of his hand which were just so warm. She heard about how he hadn’t really thanked her for the adjustment. And well Dru didn’t mind. She was an adventurous type, the idea of going on an adventure seemed fun. Sure the kids weren’t happy but they were kids they never were happy. The raven haired beauty blushed a bit, a bit bashful for being so commemorated for her leaving. And well he had a point, she had sort of done it purely because he had asked her to. Her friends weren’t happy with her, they said that Milo had her wrapped around his finger and yada yada. But you know what, she loved him. Dru would do anything for her husband. She looked down as she felt so bashful about it too. She felt him kiss the side of her head as he said it didn’t realize it. Dru smiled “You know I’d do anything for you Milo…and well true, I was an adjustment, but I love adventures. And I mean, it really wasn’t that…incredible”

Dru really was being modest, because it was. And yet she was so bashful at the mere idea of him praising her about it. About how increidlbe it was just for her to move everything to be here. Though it was true, she had sort of left her parents and her friends and everyone she had ever known to be a country girl which was indeed incredible. She admitted “Plus this is your home, and its kind of interesting, never visited here before. What was it like growing up in the country? Was it like Smallville with Clark Kent because when I watched that show I really though that that was what the country would be like…”

Drusilla walked with him as he started to explain the houses. And it was ******** ADORABLE! I mean really hug him and hope he never leaves adorable. She listened about how the one farmer named all his daughters after the cows. She laughed as she asked “Seriously? And he didn’t think of the precautions? Because that seems like mean girls gold”

She soon heard about the man that had died and that was super sad. Like really sad. She then heard about how the people had a puppy! She wanted a puppy! Dru wanted one. Okay she probably wanted one because of the story about this farmer puppy who could climb ladders and things like that. She of course also loved animals, not that anybody had ever let have one. Aka her parents. She smiled “Can we get one? I want a puppy?! And we can name him Davie or Lilly or anything. Can we do that? Is it irresponsible to have a puppy? We can take him for walks and feed him and teach him tricks!”

Soon she felt him drag her over the side, and well of course she followed him. As she saw him climb down one end of a ditch, she of course let him help her across so she didn’t end up muddy and a mess. As she did so she asked “Are you sure its okay we aren’t trespassing right?”

She soon heard the other as he said she couldn’t let go of his hand. Well she wasn’t going to anyway. He was too cute to let go of. Drusilla gave a small nod as she followed him as he spoke about weekends and high school. She walked as she asked “Aw I was wondering what kids did here…it isn’t illegal right?”

She followed and soon they hit a clearing. That was incredible. That was just…amazing. To be surrounded by corn but have this sort of hang out. This small area indeed. She heard that the farmers left their equipment here, sure. And they’d come here to drink. Aw what adorable teenagers they were. Its like the house parties that Dru went to in the city. She smiled “So you did underage drinking? My oh my Milo you are slowly coming to light as such a bad boy. I would have never pictured you doing anything against the rules.”

She laughed at the idea as she just listened. Dru heard Milo talk about it. About how they’d show up here at night, Light a fire, drink, meet girls. She could listen to him all day. He just had this amazing voice that sort of like that. It was comforting and sincere and warm. It made her melt, she could listen to him talk all day. She really could. She smiled “Girls? Wow under age drinking and girls. How did I not know this little bad boy side of you? I always thought I was the one with the naughty side.”

She giggled again as she soon saw him gesturing with her and she of course sat down on the blanket next to him, leaning against him as she said “College was fun. You are still by far the smartest person I know. I remember just being in aw whenever you spoke. I sometimes wish I was as smart as you, I just…don’t grasp science like you do. Art, English, History I get. Science and all that logic stuff not super. I’m really glad our children got your brains, or else we’d have a house of airheads”

She took the glass and took a sip of the wine. She wondered more about it as she asked “So is it true that the stars here are beautiful? Like breath-taking?”

Drusilla gave another sip of wine. She admitted “You know, we could be the towns first vineyard? Or is the weather not good here for that? I just like the idea of grapes. Or being different. Is it weird that I like the idea of being unique? And I think maybe I can do something fun…like teach preschool or something. Maybe? I just, I don’t know what to do with my free time but I want to do something with it…”

Where are you hiding?: House
And who has your heart now? Milo
what you wearing?dashing in blue
User ImageUser Image
XXXXXSO MUCH TO SAYXXXXXI FORGET TO STARTXXXXXSO MUCH TO SAYXXXXXI FORGET TO START
XXXXTHERE GOES A DAYXXXXFADING AS IT PASSESXXXXTHERE GOES A DAYXXXXFADING AS IT PASSES
XXXFORGET THE GREY.XXXLET IT FALL⇘ A P A R T.XXXFORGET THE GREY.XXXLET IT FALL⇘ A P A R T.

tab Oh, Dru. She was always just too adorable.

This may come as a surprise, but Milo was not a tough man. Quiet, sensitive, and academic, he had never in his entire life been accused of having a "bad boy" reputation. Dru's constant inquiries into the legality of their activities made him laugh. "'Legal' means something a little different out here, darling." And he was right. While, technically, they were trespassing on someone else's property, no one in the country would see it that way. Kids were allowed to be kids. So long as nothing was destroyed beyond repair and everyone's property was respected, there weren't any issues with "what's mine is mine". So far as in questions regarding his underage drinking activities, he couldn't help but chuckle."I mean, yeah...? I guess I did. I don't know, it's just treated a lot differently here. Our parents all completely turned a blind eye to it. Over the summers, from the time we were about fourteen, we all had jobs detasseling corn where we would be working from 4:30 in the morning to about 6:00 at night. Our parents wouldn't dare tell us we couldn't have a beer after all that." He braced himself by placing one arm back behind him,opening his shoulders toward his wife and gently taking the bottle back from her. He took another generous pull, wiping the wine from his moustache with the back of his hand as he did so. He smiled in her direction, though his eyes were gazing off into the corn, lost in a little bit of nostalgia. This wasn't something that typically happened to him. Not a particularly emotional person, Milo wasn't one to get caught up in old memories (Frankly, Dru did that enough for ten men), but being here in this place was definitely evoking some thoughts from him.

He remembered her asking about the girls as well. Even at forty-six years old, Milo's cheeks still flamed a little bit, embarrassed. Which was ridiculous. He was sitting in this cornfield with his wife. Who he had children with. Clearly, women were not something entirely new. His eyes found the ground and he gave a small, nervous laugh. "Heh, well, I mean... There weren't that many. A couple. " He placed the bottle on the blanket, reaching up and scratching the back of his neck. "I was so awkward and weird in high school... Hard to believe, I know.", the sarcasm laid on so thick it could be cut with a knife. "I played lookout a lot. Or I was, more often than not, the wingman. Another horrible idea." He leaned over and planted a small, chaste kiss on Dru's bare shoulder, his voice rumbling out of his chest more like a growl than anything else. "You're by far the prettiest girl I've ever been here with."

He listened intently as she started talking about their college days, taking another drink from the bottle. He nodded, lips still attached. After he swallowed, he spoke "It was fun. It lasted entirely too long for me, though... Twelve years of being a college student was quite enough, thank you..." His face dropped a little as he remembered his unemployment and how this would be his first year not involved with a university since he was eighteen. Twenty eight years spent in dedication to Academia, whether as a student or as a professor.. "Sure wouldn't mind going back now, though... " His voice was so small, he wasn't entirely convinced he had said anything out loud. He was brought back to reality by her addressing his genetic contribution to their kids, which elicited a true laugh out of him. "Ha! Oh, Dru.... I'm really glad our kids got your ability to actually converse with people and function within the constrains of society instead of dreading human contact like it's Ebola.." By the end of that statement, Milo felt his back pocket vibrating against the dirt.

Odd.

No one ever texted Milo aside from the kids, occasionally, or his poker group back in the city... Neither of which were likely to be contacting him now. He shifted his weight to his opposite hip, digging the phone out of his pocket and unlocking it to reveal Kara's text, obviously not knowing it was Kara he was talking to. "CDs? What the ********, Tim. I don't care about any--"

He finally got it.

"Ohh... Right. Oh, s**t. What do I say?" His eyes darted over to Dru. He knew he shouldn't. Dru would be mad. He had dodged a bullet earlier this very evening due only to his perpetual "sad sack status" in life. He hated when Dru was upset with him. It didn't happen too often, especially now that they were older, but that woman could hold a grudge And, truthfully, he really didn't want to deal with that. They were both effective communicators (Well, Milo was when it came to Dru specifically, anyway) so their arguments were infrequent. He shot off a quick, equally vague, response into the ether. "How much are you asking?"

Hey, it couldn't hurt just to ask, right? It was like research.

He jammed his phone back into his pocket just as Dru had started on her plans for her free time. He nodded, eyes in the dirt. He smiled. "You liking things that are different from what everyone else likes is exactly what I like about you... but I don't think grapes work particularly well here... But we could always try and see what happens." He pictured Dru running a preschool here and his heart fluttered a little bit, though he'd never admit it. Seeing Dru interact with kids had been one of his favorite things to see for as long as he could remember. She was really incredible with them and continued to be, even now that they were older. He pressed his lips together as a thousand memories of their kids when they were little flew through his mind. He missed those days. When he could pick them up. When they wanted nothing more than to snuggle with dad on the couch for a movie (for them) and a nap (for Milo). He missed when they were small. He missed feeling needed. He missed seeing them curled up on the pillows he kept for them on the floor in his lab for when Dru needed to run errands and they needed to hang out with Dad. He missed being their favorite person. It had been a long time since they had felt like that.

He blew out a small sigh before nodding. "Yeah, that might be a decent idea... People here reproduce like rabbits, too. There'd always be a ton of babies." He looked up, his gray eyes meeting hers as he tilted the bottle, a single drop pouring out and sinking into the Earth. A small, wry smile took its place on his face. "Well, we drank the place dry... Did you want to head back? The stars will be out soon... but we can see them from our house, too, if you wanted that... And you're absolutely right. They are like nothing you've ever seen before in your life."

And he was right.

Where Clearing in a field With Dru <3 What Outfit Why "If only my high school self could see me now"
User Image

User Image

Drusilla heard that legal meant something different here. Well they better mean the same thing when no drugs were concerned. Because if Milo ever ever so much as took a hit she was going to cause him so much pain and misery. That one fight they had after the first year of marriage would seem like a ******** picnic. Oh yeah they had a few great fights in their marriage. The first was probably the biggest. And it was something that seemed stupid now. He had just said that it was nice to that she had been home cooking for him, and although she liked doing it, it had evoked an anger in her. Made it seem like he was a chauvanistic a*****e. And well she was quite young. She had thrown plates at his head, screaming at him for being a pig chauvinistic a*****e, and had also maybe thrown a few sharper objects. She had then locked him out of their apartment for a day. Of course well they had made up, but that was a pretty bad one. And so it was hopefully something he had not wanted to repeat. Ever. She smiled “as long as that legality for you and Daniel mean no drugs, I’ll be fine with whatever legal stuff counts here. I do make myself clear on that issue don’t I dear?”

She hoped she did, she hated arguing with her hubby, he was so cute that it was almost criminal to be mad at something that cute. She heard about how he did, that it was treated a lot differently. That they turned a blind eye. Interesting. And he use to work from 4 to 6….aw that was so cute! So cute! She smiled “So you did real farm work? Like…you really did all that like lifted and did corn stuff or whatever farm things you do? That’s incredible. I never had anything like that, my childhood was just fake IDs and parties. And well fast food jobs, but I always did like librarian stuff and hostess jobs instead. But you actually worked, worked. What was that like? Was it like fulfilling or did you get injured a lot?”

She leant against his shoulder just enjoying be so close to him. She liked how warm he was, she always felt like she had no heat and yet just transmitted the heat. She really was lucky to have such a caring husband. Well that and even after all the years he still acted like she was the most beautiful woman in the world and honestly in a marriage that was the only thing one could ask for. She heard about how there weren’t many, just a couple. She chuckled “A couple? Oh la la look at you playa”

She laughed again. She took another drink. She heard about Milo was awkward and weird in high school. Dru’s experience was different. She had been the popular girl that threw parties. She smiled as she heard that he was a wingman and lookout. The girl smiled “But I have to say that’s what I love about you, you were never a crazy party buff type. You aren’t reckless or wild…”

He felt his lips give a soft kiss on her bare shoulder as he did such a sexy little growl. He heard her say that she was by far the prettiest girl, and that right there is why they worked so well. He really did see her as being like this beautiful angel and she loved it. Dru smiled “You really think so?”

She took another sip out of her glass of wine as she heard him talk about being in school for twelve years. She gave a nod, it really did. She barely survived the four years she pushed through it. Or five. God how long was she in there? It was a great experience, made a lot of friends, met her hubby, but it did drag on for quite awhile. She heard him say something quietly about going back, she gave a nod “I know, love. But we’ll figure something out. Like, I don’t know what…hmm, how about writing? You could write like you use to do for your sabbatical again. Start researching and writing something that means something to you? Plus it’ll sort of give you something to do with your free time. What would you like to write more than anything?”

She heard him laugh as he said that they got her conversation skills. Yeah they did aquire the ability to be social, which was good. For you need friends in order to make memories and in the end memories were all you got in the end. Well that and you know people who you guilted into visiting you ever day. And you bet your house Dru was going to make sure her kids visited her in the home. She smiled “True, guess they ended up being a good mix.”

She heard that it might not work. But you know, one could try it out. See what happened. That’d be kind of amazing. Just try something new. She just wanted to do something. Honestly being surrounded by little kids would be ideal but she didn’t want to make her other kids jealous. She smiled “Or we could open up a pre-school or a nursery or something and you can be the administrator and principal. That’d be ADORABLE! But probably lot of legal stuff…and things. But wouldn’t it be nice? Having a bunch of little ones running around and we can teach them science and English and art and all that stuff that they usually have to wait till forever to learn all that stuff, we could teach little ones early. Or…is that like against god or something?”

She didn’t want to offend church people and honestly she didn’t know. She was not a religious person, she had tried going to church once and had sort of…asked if it was a cult. And had went into a lecture about how she didn’t want to be part of a cult and had been kicked out. She just didn’t do well in organized religions. She chuckled as she heard that people reproduced like rabbits. She leant forward and kissed him deeply “You should be careful, I’m sort of having baby fever right now and I might just try to take you right out here…where its quiet and no chance of kids seeing us.”

She kissed him again. She heard about how heading back, stars being beautiful. And about how they were like nothing was right before his life. And it sounded romantic. And it was probably just the whole setting and learning so much about him, and well let’s be honest being called pretty and beautiful didn’t hurt, but she kind of wanted to have fun. She leant forward and kissed him again as she moved her hand trailing up his chest as she broke the kiss as she asked “or is that too naughty and we should do it later?”

Where are you hiding?: Field
User ImageUser Image

tab Ah. Here we go with the drug stuff again.

He should have expected it. It wasn't like she was going to just forget about it. Dru never forgot anything, good or bad. And thank goodness for that because Milo could barely remember how to get to the bodega down the street from their apartment. Dru kept everything in his life together. She'd remind him of conferences coming up, she'd remember his flight times. Hell, she'd pack his bag and boot him out the door if she had to. On more than one occasion, she'd called him back to bed after he woke up to go to work only to be reminded that it was the middle of summer or Christmas vacation. His eyes dropped to the ground and he nodded, just eager to get this part of the conversation over with. A quiet "Of course." coming as his only response.

Luckily for him, conversation quickly turned back to his days working as a farm hand. He shrugged a little, chuckling a bit at her blatant inability to understand what this type of life was like. "I mean, it was just detasseling corn. Basically, a huge group of us would walk the rows and pluck off this little tassel at the top of the stalk and throw it on the ground to help them cross-pollinate. It wasn't particularly difficult, but walking all of these fields all day took a long time. It was hot and pretty miserable a lot of the time... but we made it fun.. and it was part of what got me so interested in insects, so there's that." He moved to brush a loose piece of her dark hair away from her face, tucking it gently behind her ear. It was an affectionate gesture, one that he did often. He liked to be able to see her face He rocked back and leaned on his hands to continue. "The hard stuff comes in late summer and fall when we would bale and stack hay. Now that's some miserable work... It wouldn't be bad if we could get the kids involved with one of the local farms... The hard work helps you make friends fast."

It was kind of fun for him to talk about his past. They hadn't really discussed it too much before. Milo had been so anxious to get out of this town and out on his own that once he finally made it to college, that was all he would think about. Dru ribbed him about the girls from his high school days. Milo laughed, his flushed cheeks (partly from embarrassment, and partly from the wine by this point) becoming redder by the second. He rolled his eyes and nodded. "Oh, yeah. Absolutely. And hey now, it's not like you were sitting alone in the corner at all those parties you threw as a kid." He bit the tip of his tongue, shooting the quickest wink at his wife. It wasn't too often that Dru came under his sarcasm. Somehow, she was typically immune to it. There was something about her that brought out the kindness in Milo. He very rarely turned his cynicism and bitter wit on her. There was some part of his brain that still remained firmly in the "honeymoon phase" of their relationship. He spoke softly with her. He always noticed haircuts. He put his shoes away even though, in his mind, he was just going to wear them tomorrow morning so what was the point? But it mattered to Dru and, as a result, it mattered to Milo.

He nudged her shoulder with his nose, resting his forehead on it for a moment before lifting his eyes to hers and raising an eyebrow. "Really? I tell you that at least forty times a day." He smiled again, kissing her skin one more time before conversation turned back to his joblessness. He sighed again and nodded, contemplating her question. He scratched at his bearded cheek and adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose. "You know, that's honestly a good question. I do miss my research a lot... I might like to write about insect behavior... And I guess that's a good way to look at this. I'm on sabbatical. That's all." Milo was still pretty firmly in denial. Not answering or checking emails. He hadn't sent out resumes yet to the publications that he was hoping to edit for. He had briefly considered trying to work with the seed companies here in their science departments... He had no idea what to do. Thankfully, one thing Milo was good with was money. They had enough in savings, especially considering they weren't paying rent or a mortgage, and with the sale of their apartment, they could be comfortable for awhile... but Milo knew he couldn't bum around forever. He just wasn't ready to think about it yet.

He chuckled at her excitement over the daycare/preschool. Truth be told, Milo really didn't like kids. Well, he loved his, obviously, and he mostly liked them (three out of four wasn't bad, right?), but other people's kids? He liked interacting with them from a distance. It was obvious that Dru had been placed on this planet to be a mom. Milo was convinced that his sole purpose was helping her achieve hers.

Mission accomplished.

He nodded as she fleshed out her idea. Whatever she wanted to do, he'd support her. And, odds are, she'd make it happen. He was thoroughly convinced that she could do anything. He couldn't help but laugh when she remembered the strong religious roots in this town. "That is very true, darling. Jesus does hate science.", nodding very solemnly. That had been one of the reasons he was so excited to leave this town. Ever since he had picked up a worn copy of Darwin's On the Origin of Species, he had been fascinated with evolution. It just made sense. Traits that allowed you to adapt to your environment in a positive manner would be carried on until they became normal within the population by means of sexual selection between mates... And, naturally, in a town like this, that didn't fly. Milo held a sort of benign ambivalence toward religion. He was an atheist himself, but not in the angry manner that most atheists seemed to be. He just found the world such a fascinating place and felt that it should be examined in and of itself as a complex system of wheels and cogs... He felt that it was doing nature a great disservice to attribute everything wonderful to a single being. This was a frequent argument he got into with students while he was teaching. Most of the time, he was able to get them to come around to his side... but some were particularly stubborn.

His thoughts were interrupted by her kiss. His eyes popped open a little, shocked, before he settled back into it, catching her hand from its place on his chest. At her mention of "baby fever", Milo rolled his eyes inside his head. "Yes, because with both of us in our forties and me being without any source of income sounds like the perfect time for us to have another baby... Sixteen years after the last two.

... But then he realized where this train of thought was taking them and he promptly shut up his thoughts.

He couldn't help but let out a surprised laugh. "What? Here? Right now?" Luckily for him, his brain figured out that he should stop asking questions before she had a chance to change her mind. "Scratch that. Yes."He sprang to his feet, pulling her up behind him and nearly dragging her off behind the combine, his free hand already working his belt as he did so. The stars were out in full force against the blackest night sky... leaving just enough light they they could almost see what they were doing.

》》》A N A P P R O P R I A T E A M O U N T O F T I M E L A T E R

Once again, Milo carefully stepped down into the ditch, helping his wife cross without incident. They both looked a little bit different coming out than they did going in, though. Making their way back to the road, Milo's arm circled around Dru's shoulders. It was dark. Surely, she was freezing. She was freezing in the perfectly warm house, constantly sticking her cold little feet underneath Milo's legs when they were on the couch.

From behind, the back of Milo's light blue t-shirt was completely smudged with dirt. Dru's dress was wrinkled. Both of them had dirt and leaves and corn tassels in their hair. They also both had two of the biggest grins that would fit on their faces. He skimmed his thumb over her shoulder, still in complete disbelief that they had done what they had done.

They may have both been in their forties, but damn. They still knew how to get down.

Milo was not typically the most confident man... but now? There was an absolute swagger in his step, his chin hitched up an inch, shoulders back. As they walked home, they passed a group of teenagers walking in the opposite direction, surely heading to the exact place they had just been. He turned to watch them head through the corn to the clearing. Milo looked down at Dru, a laugh bubbling up from inside of him. He dropped his head closer to hers, whispering. "That, my darling, is what they refer to as a close call." He squeezed her against his side as they rounded up their driveway... He hadn't considered this part. Did he sneak back in his house the way he did as a kid? Did they walk through the front door like nothing had happened? It's not like they were sneaking around, but, well... they kind of were. He turned back to Dru, asking with a wry smile.

"So. What do we tell the kids when they ask where we were?"

Where Clearing in a field With Dru <3 What Outfit Why "If only my high school self could see me now"

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Daniel laid motionless in the field which felt like hours. Blood stains covering his clothes, and his body was too much in pain. His eye lids were heavy, seeing how they were both basically swollen shut. Raspy breathes could be heard, but he could only breathe so much as he coughed up pure blood. Groaning in pain, faint sirens could be heard off in the distance. 'Dammit, it must be the police'. he thought before turning his head slowly. Opening his eye slightly, his vision was blurred but could make out a figure. The figure was running off, leaving him there to die. Why was he being left alone? Soon enough car doors slammed shut, and flashing lights lit up the area. His ankle monitor was beeping, and the police swarmed the area in less than five minutes. "Move in! Secure the area!", yelled the police chief before making his way over to Daniel. Without hesitation he didn't bother to search him, he was more focused on keeping him alive and to the hospital as quick as possible. "We need medics stat! This boy is in critical state!", he yelled out to his officers. Medics came rushing to Daniels side, lifting him up into the Ambulance. That point on Daniel had passed out the whole ride there.

<----- Sometime Later -----&

It was quiet in Daniel's hospital room. His face was stitched up, and his eyes had gone back to normal size, but the bruises still remained. A mask over his nose and mouth to keep his breathing stable. Hooked up to a monitor to retain his heartbeat, along with IV's connected to both of his hands. Fluttering his eyes open, he couldn't help but panic. Why was he in the hospital? What the ******** even happened? Doing his best not to over think the situation, Daniel sat up slowly in his bed. At this moment he wasn't even sure what to do next? Little did he know he was in a critical state. He was bleeding on the inside, and a few ribs were broken. Flinching at a few points, he thought back to why he was in here the first place. It was the bag of drugs. Kara's bag of drugs. She came after violently, and could have killed him. He didn't like how he was almost killed over drugs. Maybe he should stop all of the smoking and dealing. It would change his life completely. Hearing footsteps enter the room, a unknown doctor came to check up on him.

"Hello Daniel. Im Dr Know. We found you out in the field, almost looking like you were beaten to death, but yet your still alive.", he pointed out before making a few adjustment to the machines. "We stopped your internal bleeding for now, but tomorrow we plan on doing another surgical procedure. A few broken ribs, and your face has gone down. We called your mother and father, who should be here soon. Do you remember anything that happened?", he questioned Daniel. Daniel simply shook his head before sighing softly. "If you do let me know. The police are outside guarding your door..they will be questioning you later about it. For now rest up, maybe get something to eat. Buzz us if you need anything." As Daniel watched the doctor leave, he couldn't help but decide whether to tell his parents the truth or not.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━getout leave this profile alone.
The Reckless Eldest Son] ˚HUGHES

тαℓкιиg тσ: doctor

OOC:[sorry writers block.]
User Image

User Image

Good. Of course was a good answer. Meant they wouldn’t have to argue or yell. Because she’d win, she would so win that argument. She wasn’t about to have her own husband be a hypocrite to her Daniel. Because you have to learn to live by example to your adorable children. Dru had to give up a lot of things to be a good example and so she was going to make sure that Milo followed suit. Since Danny has to see that it isn’t okay and that drugs are wrong, and if Milo ******** that up he was going to learn how comfy it was to sleep in a barn. She smiled “Good”

The ravenette listened to Milo’s farm days. God it just sounded amazing. She gave a nod just listening and paying attention. So he did something called detasselling, which sounded like a thing. A group would walk the rows, which made sense. There was a little tassel off the top and throw it on the ground. Cross poilinate was a science thing Milo had once tried to tutor her about. She heard about how it was fun, what got him interested in insects and she gave a nod as she smiled “So look at that it seems that a lot of good came out of growing up here. That’s wonderful! And the fact that through all that hard work you got into the science is just incredible!!”

She felt him move her hair over her ear and she smiled, taking his hang and giving it a loving squeeze. She heard about how perhaps they could get the kids into doing it. Make friends through hard work. She didn’t see it as being a problem. I mean it’d get them to be social and hard work might teach them teamwork. She admitted “Well tonight at dinner we’ll ask them and see what they think, but it sounds like a good social aspect of it. And hard work might be good for them. And working in a farm isn’t dangerous right?”

She heard about how she wasn’t sitting alone at her parties. Well he did have a point, it was where Dru learned that she actually enjoyed hosting and parties. Seriously her dorm in college was the party dorm room. She just liked being social. And she did like doing the ‘oh this was nothing? I’m so glad you could come’ even though she worked for seven hours to make everything perfect. She smiled “I do love parties….its just fun to get everyone together. I figure I’ll do something here soon to get everyone in town together, just have to figure out what”

She felt him nudge her shoulder as he spoke about numbers. She gave a shy nod, she knew, but it still made her blush. She knew a lot of people who got married and after awhile they just fell into this state where they were more roommates than a couple, but she was so grateful Milo and her never hit that. It was like they were always in the honeymoon phase even with kids. She smiled “I know, but it still makes my heart kind of flutter. You are just too sweet, you really are”

She heard him say that he did miss doing research! See! And well it was a sabbatical, or whatever it was called .And she gave a nod as she told him “Especially and you can get it published and maybe be a writer for awhile? That way you get to do what you love but you don’t have to settle? So what is the book going to be about do you think?”

He heard about Jesus did hate science. And well a lot of other stuff, that was for sure. But again she just wasn’t religious. At all. She gave a nod, not sure if she’d be able to fit in here because of it. And well now that they were in the field, alone, no chance of ever being caught or worrying about their kids. Everything. She heard his question and asked “Well unless you don’t want to? I was thinking about it, this is as private as we ever are going to get….don’t you think so?”

She soon heard him state about scratching. And she felt him pull her up behind him and she giggled. Yeah this was going to be fun. And well let’s just say, abandoned field, for the first time in forever they didn’t have to be quiet or try to get it on when they couldn’t be heard. And now they just got to do it before they had any kids to worry about. It was very very nice.

》》》SEXY TIMES 》》》

And she soon was walking back to the farm, and this was going to be awesome. As she felt his arms around her shoulders and she had to admit this was a lot of fun. Just fun. She looked at her dress as it was just a mess. A huge mess ,she looked at her dress and his shirt. As she ptu a hand over her hair. She just was having fun, and did like it. As she heard that it was a close call, she giggled “I suppose so, but it was a fun close call” She felt him squeeze her against his side as she leant up and kissed him. She smiled “[bThat we were clumsy and got lost?”

She soon heard her phone and answered it [b“Drusilla speaking, how may I help you?” and as she heard the conversation from the police her heart quickened. God no, not again. Please don’t be drugs. Don’t be drugs. She then heard hospital and she gasped. She said [b“Oh I’ll be there right away, and um do we know who did it? Okay it doesn’t matter I just…its okay, we are heading there” She then told Milo “Sweetie Daniel is in the hospital, brutally damaged or fight or something…we have to go right away…let’s go. You drive while I fix my hair okay?"

User ImageUser Image

tab Milo had just put his key in the front door when he heard Dru's phone go off. This wasn't alltogether shocking. Dru was a very social creature and generally exceptionally pleasant company. She received tons of phone calls. From early on in their relationship, Milo had learned that he'd have to share her with the multitudes of people who wanted to spend time with her. He was expecting to hear her happy voice chirp out a greeting to someone on the other line, whoever it was. He was working on the deadbolt when heard the distinct change in her voice. Freezing, with his hand still on the key, he turned to look at her, reading the emotion across her face. Something was not right. He looked around, taking inventory of everything she could possible be worried about. House? That was fine. He couldn't get anymore jobless and she didn't have one to lose, so that couldn't be it... The kids? He saw the lights on in the rooms belonging to the children who were home.... Then it hit him.

Daniel.

His fears were confirmed by Dru and his heart just dropped. Milo nodded "Oh, Christ. Okay.", and headed immediately over to the garage, hefting the door open and running around to the driver's side of the car. He reached into his pocket for the keys, fumbling for a moment before he realized he had left them in the deadbolt of the front door. "Son of a b***h. One second." and he took off for the front door at a dead run, his sneakers skidding across the wood of the porch as he did so. Milo wobbled for a moment, almost falling over, but he was able to right himself, rip the keys out of the door, and run back to where Dru was waiting by the car. Dropping down into the driver's seat, he started the car, an early 2000s model station wagon that he was needlessly attached to, and waited for Dru to get in. Once she was seated, he pulled out of the driveway, taking off down the gravel road. He glanced over at Dru, who was feverishly attempting to straighten out her hair and make herself look presentable before they had to see what was going on in the hospital with their son. "So what did they say? What's going on? What happened?" He didn't mean to bombard her with questions, but all Milo knew was that he was driving to the hospital because his oldest son was there. He needed more information.

He reached over and put his hand on Dru's knee, attempting to comfort her even though his own heart was beating out of his chest. He had been used to legal issues with Daniel, but medical was a new scare. When the police called regarding some nefarious actions his son had been involved with, Milo had an easy time deciding how to feel. Pissed. Embarrassed. Disappointed. But this was different. Truth be told, he was terrified. They passed countless rows of corn, each one blending into the next. Slowly, the corn fields transitioned into the small town, the silos and barns being replaced by small shops and homes. Soon, the hospital rose over the horizon, its bright lights acting as a beacon. Milo heaved a small sigh of relief upon seeing the building, though they were far from out of the woods. He pulled into the parking lot outside of the emergency room, waiting for Dru to leave the car before they both hurried into the hospital together.

Upon entering through the slick sliding glass doors, Milo was instantly reminded of how much he hated hospitals. Thankfully, his family being of generally good health, he hadn't spent much time inside of them aside from being with his wife for the births of their children. From those memories, it's no surprise that being here elicited some anxiety. They made their way up to the counter, the nurse behind the desk's eyes widening as she looked them over. "Oh, my god! Are you two alright? Was there an accident?" Milo raised an eyebrow, looking over at Dru and then back to the nurse, not entirely sure of what to say. His cheek and shirt were streaked with dirt, his glasses slightly askew across his nose, corn tassels still in his curly mop of hair. He was too worried about his son to make a snarky remark. "No no no, not us... We're here for our son. We got a call... Daniel Richardson?" The nurse's cheeks flushed red as she nodded and began typing in the computer. "Of course, okay." Milo's hands gripped the edge of the desk, his fingers holding on like a vise. Within a moment, they had a room number and were moving toward it quickly, following the multitude of signs throughout the hospital to find it. As the signs changed from general admittance to Intensive Care, the knot in his stomach coiled a little tighter.

This was intense. This was real. This was bad.

He soon matched the number the nurse had written on the card with the one outside the door. He took a deep breath and opened the door, allowing Dru to pass under his arm and rush to her son's side, and stepped in the room. He walked over to the foot of the bed, a few feet away, and crossed his arms over his chest, eyes on the ground. It was so weird seeing him this way. With the beeping machines and the IV lines and the white sheets. He just looked so... small. Helpless. He looked like he did when he was seven and Milo would build elaborate blanket forts in the living room for the two of them. They'd eat popcorn and he would teach Daniel how to play poker until he eventually fell over and zonked out in the fort. That was twelve years ago... and yet he looked so much the same now.

The doctor came in shortly after and pulled Milo into the hallway. Milo held a longtime distrust of doctors. As a Biology professor, he had taught a great number of pre-med students and grading their exams would be enough to make just about anyone turn to WebMD instead... but here, with his son's condition being in their hands, he was willing to listen to anything he had to say. "Hi, Mr. Richardson, I'm Dr. Know. We have Daniel stable, but he was hurt pretty badly..." Milo only picked up bits and pieces of what was being said. "internal bleeding... broken ribs... surgery... police involvement..." He nodded, but couldn't find the words to say. He just kept craning his head to look back through the window at Dru and Daniel. At this point, the doctor narrowed his eyes at Milo, clearly taking in his disheveled appearance. Milo was covered in dirt and corn paraphernalia. Daniel had been found in a cornfield. He was quiet and nervous.

Suspicious.

The doctor called the police officer over under the guise of briefing Milo on his son's incident, moving them to a conference room on the same floor. Milo was happy to assist in any way he could... until the more pointed questions began. "And how is your relationship with your son, Mr. Richardson?" Milo's brow furrowed as he looked over the officer. He had dealt with police officers before, but always as an advocate for his son... never as a potential suspect. "Uh, fine? He's nineteen, on house arrest, and I just moved him across the country away from everything he's ever known. It's probably exactly how you would think." The officer nodded, making a few notes. "And where were you tonight? I see you seem to have gotten into some kind of rough situation...", gesturing to the corn leaves and dirt, which Milo promptly began raking out of his hair. In his head, Milo's response came "'A rough situation'? Oh, buddy. You have no idea." but he knew that now was not the time for his smartass remarks. He straightened himself and fixed his glasses over the bridge of his nose, attempting to look as confident and certain as one could when dirty and terrified. "I was on a walk with my wife, who you can ask the exact same thing. I don't beat my kids and I don't particularly appreciate the accusation. Now, if you wouldn't mind, could we stop this ridiculousness and let me see my son and you can move on to less preposterous suspects?"

With that, Milo excused himself from the conference room and headed back to Daniel's hospital room, visibly agitated. He peeked his head through the door, looking to Dru. "Is, uh... Is he awake? Have the doctors come back in?"

Where Hospital room With Dru and Daniel What Outfit Why "I can't remember the last time I was this scared."

Loocid's Queen

Omnipresent Traveler

17,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Kara Ruttegers~
Kara frantically pedaled on as fast as she could, she didn’t know where she was going she just kept pedaling with adrenaline and somehow she ended back at her house.

The last thing she could remember was punching Daniel uncontrollably then the sound of something sharp had pierced her eardrums. Daniel’s ankle bracelet had gone off meaning that he was outside of city limits. “You idiot! Do you want to get us both arrested?!” Kara screamed at him. She cursed under her breath and grabbed her duffle bag throwing it in the basket of the bike. Kara then looked back at Daniel on the ground bleeding laying there in pain. She didn’t want to feel sympathy for him but she couldn’t help but feel sympathy for him. Kara ran back to him and knelt down next to him brushing the hair out of his face. “I’m sorry Daniel, but you made me do this, I promise I’ll make this right.” Kara then leaned down and softly kissed him on the lips.

She didn’t have much time before the police arrived. Kara ran to her bike but tripped along the way, scraping herself up and getting a few cuts here and there. Her clothes were dirty and messy. She hopped on her bike and pedaled home to put away her duffle bag and headed back to the hospital to see Daniel. Kara got into her car and drove off to the hospital and running inside. She quickly got a room number from her friend who was a nurse working there and Kara pulled out her wallet paying for Daniel’s medical bills, then she went to go talk to the police officers to tell them what happened. She explained that while she was taking a walk with Daniel, several delinquents had attacked Kara, trying to rob her and Daniel trying to save her had got in the middle of the tussle getting badly hurt. Kara hadn’t realized that they were out of city limits and Daniel’s ankle bracelet started beeping scaring the thugs away. Kara then, after making sure Daniel was okay, rushed off to get help but when she came back the police had already taken Daniel off to the hospital. Kara then cleared things with the police, being forced to bribe one of them to make sure her DNA wasn’t being used against her though she doubted that there was any left on Daniel now seeing that the nurses had already cleaned and bandaged him off. She had explained to that officer what really happened and she knew she could trust him because she sold to him, his mother was battling cancer and the marijuana helped ease the woman’s pain so he occasionally bought some from Kara to help his mother.

Once making sure that she wouldn’t be accused of the crime rushed off to see Daniel. His parents were already there when she arrived. “Mr. and Mrs. Richardson, I’m so sorry, it’s all my fault that Daniel’s here, I had come home from school and I saw that Daniel was alone looking bored. Therefore I invited him to go on a walk with me. I asked Daniel if he wanted to change but he refused so we set off on our walk and while we were walking several hooded figures had attacked me. I couldn’t see whom they were but they kept screaming for me to hand over my cellphone and my wallet. I did as I was told but then Daniel stepped in to save me. That’s when he was badly beaten and I was held back watching him get beaten. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that we had walked out of city boundaries. That’s when Daniel’s ankle bracelet started beeping and flashing lights. When the men realized this they quickly ran off and I ran over to Daniel to make sure that he was okay. When I ran to get help, the police had already arrived taking Daniel to the hospital and that’s when we got separated.. I’m so sorry, I never meant for any of this to happen. I’m so sorry.” Kara said crying. Tears fell down her face and she was shaking scared. Her hair and clothes were messed up and she had scrapes, cuts, and bruises all over her. She was a mess and even though she didn’t actually get attacked she looked like she had.

Kara looked at Daniel’s parents and noticed that they were looking like a mess too. “Are you guys okay? You guys look like you’ve been in an accident as well, your clothes are messy, and there is dirty on your clothes and Mr. Richardson’s glasses are crooked.” Kara asked confused. She didn’t want to think of what they were doing because she had an idea and if her idea happened to bee true…. Just ewwwww. “I’ve paid for all of Daniel’s hospital bills and I’ve explained to the police what happened. Don’t worry, Daniel won’t be penalized or put in jail for breaking probation. It’s my fault that he did and he was only trying to save me, again, I’m so sorry, I never meant for any of this to happen. If you want, you guys can go home and take care of your other children and I’ll stay here to take care of Daniel, you both look like you need to rest, but I’ll let you two decide.” Kara said still teary eyed and shaky. She sat down on a chair next to Daniel’s bed and looked at him. The guilt was eating her up inside and she didn’t want to admit it but she was actually feeling something for Daniel. She cared about him and it killed her that she hurt him so much. Kara sniffled while several tears occasionally fell down her cheeks. Kara had never beaten someone to that extent. Sure she had been in fights before but she had never beaten someone this badly. She didn't know what came over her. She went crazy. Why did she go so crazy over her drugs this time? Maybe she should just stop selling for awhile. Kara shook in her chair feeling cold and almost breaking down. She sniffled some more.

location -> In a field somewhere with Daniel
Mood -> Angry
Outfit -> Visiting Daniel.
User Image

User Image

Drusilla was in shock. Her baby was hurt in the country. Sure when they were in the city she had prepared for this type of news. She had pretty much tried to teach her children to defend themselves, and had done it so they could survive in the streets. But here, this was the country? AS in the middle of nowhere no gangs in the streets country. There wasn’t even any drive bys and here, here is where her son had been harmed. She froze, just…freaking out. What was going on? And why were the police there?! She was a bit thankful it wasn’t jail but still her baby was harmed. In a hospital not awake, just…her darling first born! Wen she got in the car she started to fix herself in. She straightened her hair as she told him frantically “They said that he was injured, broken ribs, internal bleeding, and the police are now involved. I just…what could have happened here? We aren’t in the dangerous city so I just…who would harm our first born? Just, i..I don’t get it. Is the country really that dangerous?”

She straightened her hair and went through her pockets finding a tide pen and fixing her dress in a few spots se tried to fix his shirt too. As she did she was just focusing on a lot of things so as to not focus on the simple fact..he was, he was hurt. She felt Milo’s hand on her knee as her heart beat so hard and so fast, she told him “he…he wasn’t awake when they called me. What if he’s in a coma? Sweetie, what if…what if he…doesn’t wake up?”

Dru felt her heart twinge in pain. Her baby!! She watched the fields blend and she just hoped beyond hoped that they would get there, that he was okay. That he would wake up. Since honestly, she should not have to ever ever bury her children. That was the point of being a parent was that they buried you so you never had to deal with the emotional struggle of giving life and seeing it taken. Se just prayed silently that he was okay. As the car parked she grabbed Milo’s hand racing to the counter as she heard the nurse and was confused as she asked “What no? our---“ But Milo, was being a dad. Aaaw now this was what he was happy about. Did you see that. Him taking charge like that! And she was grateful since she wasn’t sure she could say anything without crying or breaking down. She gave a nod and soon was waiting for ever.

Eternity was probably shorter than this. Each second felt like hours. She was trying hard to not snap at the nurse, trying not to freak out. But she was wrapping her arms around Milo and her head upon his shoulder. She probably was digging her nails into his skin but…she jus, what was going on?! As she heard the number she was off with Milo, holding his hand tightly as she ran with him. When they were there she went under his arm as she ran to Daniel crying “Daniel! My baby…”

She put her arms around Daniel softly placing his head on her chest and just trying not to cry “Daniel what happened to you baby? Just, i…I don’t understand. We aren’t in the city and I never thought anybody would want to hurt you, you are too sweet and precious and adorable and cute and wonderful and I love you and I just…i..i don’t understand. What happened baby?”

She kissed him on the forehead. Holding him like if she didn’t he’d die. She just was so worried about her baby. She kissed him again. Just pretty much being an overbearing mother. She let him go purely to fix his bedding by straightening it and then making sure he was comfy and soon she moved his head and fluffed a pillow as she asked “What can I do? Do you need more pillows? Are you too cold? Too hot? Do you have food? Have you eaten?”

She kissed him again, just pretty much fussing over him as if he was a toddler. She saw her husband going to talk to the police, hopefully asking them who had hurt her baby. She listened to him as she saw he was agitated and admitted “He is, they haven’t come back yet. But look baby, our Daniel is awake!!”

Her attention went to Kara as she started to talk. About how she was sorry, it was all Kara’s fault. Dru glared at her, waiting for her to explain herself. Because this girl better have a good reason why she said her baby was injured because of her. So it seemed she was coming from school saw Daniel looking bored and was trying to get him to walk with her. She gave a nod. Seemed that they were attacked by hooded figures, and that seemed … weird. Daniel then was a white knight. Which made Dru happy even if it isn’t usually what he does. She asked “So…he saved you?”

She continued to listen. She was sorry, didn’t realize that they had walked out of the town’s boundaries (since this girl was naïve to think this place was a city.) She listened about how there were beeping and lights and quickly ran off, and now he was here. Apologizing and crying. Now Dru’s motherly instincts wanted to tell Kara to ******** off and never see her son ever again. But part of her felt bad that the girl was crying. She asked “Have you given the police sketches? Why were you guys targeted? Are gangs common in this little town?”

She kissed Danny on the forehead again, since she was wrapping her arms around him, as if she was his protective force. She soon heard Kara ask if she was okay and she admitted “Fell when he was showing me the field, I’m a klutz…”

She heard that she had paid for Daniel’s hospital bills and she wasn’t sure. That seemed fishy. Why was she doing all that? She heard about how Daniel wouldn’t be in trouble or jail, that’d be good. It was her fault, which was what Dru felt. She didn’t like Kara anymore. Crying or not, she wasn’t sure she liked her. Her baby was hurt and seemed Kara was to blame. She held onto Daniel a bit tighter as she said “I’m only going to leave if my baby want’s me too. Since so far all I am hearing is that this is your fault and leaving you in charge of him really doesn’t sound like a … great idea”

Where are you hiding?: Hospital
And who has your heart now? Milo, Daniel, & Kara
what you wearing?dashing in blue[

Thieving Genius

5,025 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Everything was silent before Daniel could hear a few familiar voices heard outside his room. The doctor was still out there, probably the policeman, and not to mention his parents. If Daniel could he would have walked out by now, but considering on how many painkillers he was on, his body was way to relaxed to move. Shifting his body to get more comfortable, the door opened to reveal his distraught mother and father. His mother looked like a mess, and she was already crying like crazy. Before he even got a word out, she rushed to his side. Her motherly instincts were on the fritz right now, and she was acting like a mother bear would if her cub was hurt or in danger. If anyone, or anything tried to get in his mothers way right now, they wouldn't get very far with her protecting her first born. Whenever Daniel saw his mother this upset, it almost made him want to cry with her. But now wasn't time to be upset, he just wanted to be with his protective mother right now.

Keeping his head rested upon her chest, he thought everything was going to be better by now. Until she started to ask questions. The questions he wasn't able to even answer. The one time he wanted to be truthful to his parents, Daniel wasn't allowed to because he was the one who caused this situation in the first place. Looking down, he kept shaking his head whenever she repeated the question. "I..I don't remember...everything is really a blur..", he murmured as his eyes continued to stare downwards. Before he couldn't think it got any worse, Kara rushed in after, ears rolling down her face as well. Well this was a little awkward. Kara first beating the s**t out of him, yet she visits him at the hospital. Burying his head into his mothers chest, he couldn't even bare to look at everyone right now. Things were going to get heated up real fast, since Kara was already explaining to his parents what had happened.

Listening to Kara's bullshit story made him almost want to vomit. Just one lie after another pouring out of her mouth. Although she gave a great performance, but Daniel had a feeling she would still be able to get away with it. As his mother and Kara continued to "argue", his eyes wandered over to his Father. Daniel mirrored off the worried look that his father was giving him at the same time. Looking away quickly, he listened to Kara suggest that his parents should go home and check on the rest of his siblings. Without hesitation, his mother firmly stated she wouldn't leave unless Daniel had asked. Sighing softly, Daniel cleared his throat to get the attention of everyone. "Its okay mom..I need to talk to her anyway..but if you don't mind could you bring me some fresh clothes and food..? I haven't eaten, and I'm sure I wont be discharged till later tomorrow..I promise I will be okay." It was hard for Daniel to tell his upset mother to leave, but it was true. Him and Kara had some things to settle, and nothing would get done if his parents kept looming over them.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━getout leave this profile alone.
The Reckless Eldest Son] ˚HUGHES

тαℓкιиg тσ: Mum, Kara, Dad.

OOC:[. . . . . . . .]
User ImageUser Image

tab Milo raised his eyebrows as he saw Kara come barreling into his son's hospital room. He attempted to keep up with the words that were spilling out of the young girl's mouth at an alarming rate, but he still wasn't sure that he got it all. It wasn't adding up in his head. He was certain the neighborhood hadn't changed that much since his childhood... Also, if you were there when he was hurt, and when help arrived... How come you're only just getting here now?

It was fishy. Very fishy.

... but before he could think too far into that, Kara called him out on his own disheveled appearance. His cheeks reddened as he hurried to straighten his glasses. At the same time that Dru blurted out something about falling, Milo cleared his throat, and simply said "Oh, uh, yeah... Yard work." His blush grew even deeper as he looked over at Dru. Their stories didn't exactly match. Oops.

Busted.

Before he could make an awkward attempt at backtracking, Kara had already moved on to explaining how she had paid for Daniel's hospital bills. Milo put his hands up in front of him, palms facing toward Kara. "Whoa whoa whoa... That's completely unnecessary. We will take care of Daniel. " Milo's brows knitted together as he tried to figure this girl out What the hell kind of teenager has that kind of money? I mean, I know that this neighborhood always takes care of their own, but seriously? We're talking thousands upon thousands of dollars. There's no way... Milo made his way over to the area next to where Dru was huddled over their son and reached his hand out to reassuringly grab Daniel's shoulder... And, as he did so, he realized that he couldn't remember the last time he had actually made physical contact with the boy. He had spent so much time avoiding the wrath of his son, that he had essentially neglected working on any sort of a positive relationship. He put his other arm around Dru's shoulders, an attempt to comfort his distraught wife who, at this point, was quite beside herself.

He couldn't honestly remember the last time it had been just the three of them. Milo and Dru had had Daniel when they were very young... As in before-they-were-married young. Milo had never honestly thought that he had wanted to be a father. He had always assumed that he would be alone for his entire life, too awkward and involved in his work to find love... Now, that had obviously changed when he met Dru during his PhD studies, but he was still relatively convinced that he wasn't cut out for fatherhood, having never really taken an interest in the idea.

However, that all changed when Dru announced to him that she was pregnant... Only a very, very short time in their brief courtship.

This would continue to be a problem for a few years. He was their first, but the others were so quick to follow. Cordelia had come along almost immediately after Daniel, the two only being a year apart, and the twins had come the year after that. Daniel may have been the oldest, but, in a way, he was robbed of that private time that the oldest child is supposed to get with their parents, considering Dru was already pregnant again while he was still an infant. As a result, Milo worried that he had never been able to properly bond with Daniel, being so busy with the newer, younger babies that came so soon after. This was a lifelong source of guilt for Milo. He had learned to love having a family. He enjoyed being a dad and loved his kids so much that it scared him sometimes... but if he had to pick one that he didn't bond with, it would have to be Daniel. But now, seeing him so weak and small in his hospital bed, Milo wasn't thinking about the years of grief the boy had given him. The smartass comments. The legal allegations. The multiple and very expensive trips to rehab.

All he saw now was that baby that his wife held, Milo only twenty-seven, Dru practically a baby herself at twenty-one.

He was just as scared now, at the prospect of losing him, as he had been then. Hearing Daniel speak, his voice soft and raspy, Milo's heart jumped. He didn't want to leave him. He especially didn't want to leave him alone with this girl that he absolutely did not trust. But Daniel's request was reasonable. They would only be gone for a little while to bring him something to eat and change into. The boy needed some comfort. They should be the ones to bring it to him. Milo nodded, a small smile on his lips but that did not reach his eyes. He rubbed Dru's shoulder, looking at her. "He'll be alright for the time it takes us to run home and be back with his stuff, Dru. The doctors here are keeping a very close eye on him and the nurses are even better. This is a great hospital. This is where my parents used to work." He attempted to extract Dru from her vicegrip on Daniel, using very gentle pressure to pull her up. He rubbed Daniel's shoulder one last time before guiding Dru toward the door with him. He turned around to look at him one last time and saw Kara still shaking and rocking in the chair next to the bed. He narrowed his eyes a little bit behind his glasses, still not convinced of her story. It was frustrating him that he couldn't put his finger on what it was that was bothering him about her. Was it the melodrama? Or the way that she hadn't been able to make eye contact with him? Was he being too critical and suspicious? Had living in the city as long as he had destroyed his ability to trust that sometimes, people wanted to help merely for the fact that someone needed them and not for some ulterior motive?

Regardless, he managed to remove Dru from their son. Stopping quickly at the table near the door, he jotted down his cell number on a piece of paper, not realizing that Kara already had it from his text earlier that day, and handed it to Kara. "If anything changes, I want you to call me immediately. We'll be back with his things as soon as we can. We'll be right back here, Daniel...." He guided Dru out of the room, almost having to pull her with him, but, at his gentle insistence, he felt her melt against him. On their way out of the hospital, Milo stopped a nurse in the hallway and gestured back toward his son's room. He bowed his head closer to hers and spoke softly, not wanting to be heard "Um, if you could please keep an eye on the girl that's in my son's hospital room... I would really appreciate it. We'll be back shortly." The nurse nodded her head and headed to Daniel's room. Milo gave an appreciative smile and continued back to the car with Dru, neither doing much speaking on the walk, only offering each other's hand to hold for comfort.

Once in the car and on the way back to the house, Milo broke the silence. "Something isn't right with Kara... I don't know what it is, though. I mean, when I was living here, people took care of their own all the time. It wasn't unusual for the community to pitch in to cover medical expenses for someone who needed it... but one teenager covering it all? " He kept his eyes firmly on the road in the night, but he ran a hand back through his tangled mop of hair and blew out an exasperated sigh. "I don't know... Maybe living in the city so long has made me jaded."

The drive home seemed to take so much less time than the drive to the hospital had. He parked the car out front and opened the front door. He looked to Dru. "I'll run upstairs and get him something to wear. Could you grab him something to eat?" Milo jogged up the stairs of the beautiful old house to Daniel's new room, popping the door open and stepping inside. Milo realized that he hadn't been in this room since his son moved in... He hadn't been in this room since it had been his as a kid.

... And, by the smell of weed hanging in the air, it wasn't all that different now than it was then.

Milo didn't have time to think about that now. He threw the boy's closet doors open, grabbing the first few things he saw. A pair of jeans. A flannel. Socks. Underwear. Surely, he still had his shoes, right? Milo grabbed a pair just in case.

He came back down to the kitchen, depositing the clothing items into a paper grocery bag for transport. He craned his neck to see Dru frantically running around the kitchen. He came up next to her, trying to help in anyway he could, but he knew that, in her panic, there was nothing he could do. He dropped his head low to hers, speaking in only a whisper. "What... What do we tell the kids?"

Where Inside his parent's old house With Dru <3 What Outfit Why "I am entirely too lucky."

Loocid's Queen

Omnipresent Traveler

17,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image

~Kara Ruttegers~
Kara looked at Milo and could tell that he didn’t believe her and neither did Dru. Kara eyed Dru carefully making sure to keep her cool. It took everything and all the energy Kara had left for her not to go over and slap Dru in the face. Yes it was true had caused all of Daniel’s physical injuries and leaving him with her probably wasn’t the best situation but Dru didn’t have to be such a b***h about it. Daniel was the one who caused everything to happen in the first place. God this woman was rude, no wonder why city people didn’t fit in in this town. And it was pathetic the way she tried to fit in acting all southernly and s**t, just drop the act woman, it’s lame. “I already called my parents and told them what happened so they sent over money to pay for Daniel’s bills. My dad’s a lawyer, he makes good money, it’s fine.” Kara said. This wasn’t a lie, she actually had called her parents and told them the same lie that she told Daniel’s parents and they had wired her more money so she could pay for Daniel’s bills. Though she still suspected that Daniel’s parents didn’t believe her.

Kara took the note with the number and told Daniel’s dad that she would call to let them know if anything happened. Kara then put the note in her pocket and sat down next to Daniel as his parents left the room.

Melanie had just gotten the phone call from her daughter and talked to her husband telling him to wire money to their daughter when she saw headlights in the Richardson’s driveway. “Jim, I think Dru and Milo are back home, we should go see if they are okay, they can probably tell us if Kara and Daniel are okay too.” Melanie called out. “You’re right honey, let’s go over now.” Jim said walking into the living room to be with Mel. They both got up and headed next door, knocking on the front door, waiting for Dru and Milo to answer.

Meanwhile in the hospital room, once Kara had gotten the nurses out of Daniel’s room, she went back to sit next to him. “You hate me, don’t you? It’s fine, I hate me too. I know you’ll never forgive me and I don’t expect you to, but I want you to know I’m sorry.” Kara said finally looking at Daniel. He was so beat up. “I’m so sorry, Daniel.” Kara said beginning to cry again. She really couldn’t believe that she beat him up this badly, she didn’t know what was coming over her, maybe her drug business was making her go crazy. “I-I don’t think I want to do this anymore, it’s not worth killing someone over, it’s not worth you getting hurt or any of us getting in trouble, it’s not worth the lies. God I’m so sick of lying to everyone. Daniel honestly if you want to sell, go ahead, I’m not going to stop you, I don’t even think I want to do this anymore.” Kara said getting up. She took out the note with Milo’s number and punched it in her phone to tell him that she was leaving Daniel in the care of the nurses. But suddenly she froze. The number that Milo gave her was the same number that texted her earlier that day. Milo was her mysterious buyer! Oh this was going to be good. The ******** irony. Everyone had suspected that Daniel’s parents were the clean ones and here his father was buying ******** weed, from her! It was too amusing to watch. She knew for a fact that that man was not buying weed for his son. Deciding not to call Milo now, Kara looked at Daniel and then went back to sitting next to him, she wasn’t even sure if he remembered her kissing him. It wasn’t her place to ask him now. Honestly she did like him a bit and he was somewhat adorable. “Before you yell at me, I need to tell you something. I know it will probably make everything worse, but your darling father is trying to buy weed from me. The number that he just gave me if the same number that sent me a text earlier today making an offer. I don't think he knows it's me he's texting though and I'm pretty pissed that one of my regulars gave him my number. I don’t know what was up with his text but it’s not my place to get into.” Kara said then she looked at Daniel and waited for him to explode at her.

location -> At the hospital with Daniel
Mood -> WTF, OMG, FAMILY DRAMA TIME, *hope I don’t get in trouble*
Outfit -> Visiting Daniel.

Quotable Poster

5,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image

May I go to the counselor's office? I'm feeling down again.

One would think that his teacher would eventually see this for what it was: an excuse to get out of class. No matter to Sven though, she already took attendance and for all she knew he would be in the counselor's for the rest of the day. A grin split the boys face as he shut the classroom door behind him. Another day that he didn't have to attend classes. For good measure Sven went by the office and signed in at the appropriate time and out at the time for the last bell.

Somehow after leaving school the autistic male found himself wandering around town. Well he didn't wander anymore. He skipped school so often he new every nook and cranny of the town by now (not to mention how much he was prone to sneaking out). The town was not exceptionally big by any standard so he found himself bored after walking around for only thirty minutes. Looking around the town center he spotted a used book store he hadn't gotten around to visiting. 'I have nothing better to do.' Walking in his nose was immediately assaulted with the scent of brown sugar (which can be accredited to a lonely candle sitting at the edge of the front desk). Like a moth to flame he was drawn to the shelves overcrowded with books of varying ages and sizes. 'Beautiful...' He plucked a blue book from one of the shelves closer to the bottom.

Tenets of existentialism.

TIME IS BEING SKIPPED || TIME IS BEING SKIPPED

His brain was wholly preoccupied on his walk home, the book he read having totally ******** his mind. 'If God is omnipotent why does he need to sit around and watch to see what decisions we make. Shouldn't he already know? ' His sneakers dragged against concrete, highlighting the excitement he felt to get home (or lack thereof). 'How does time work? Is the future a figment of our imagination until it becomes the present. Or has the future already happened and we just haven't gotten there yet?' As he approached his house he saw two people he recognized as his neighbors.Kara's parents. He sighed, clearly thrilled about the prospect of social interaction. He tried making as much noise as possible to grab their attention to his arrival without having to be vocal. When they looked at him he gave them a smile the shimmied around them to open the front door. He ushered then in then shut the door behind them. His backpack was unceremoniously dropped by the staircase then he started humming as a way to catch the attention of anyone in the house that could help him deal with the two adults behind him. 'Please let someone be home right now. '

talk=#817679 :: think=#827B60
User Image

User Image

Drusilla’s poor little baby. He was so precious. And someone had hurt her precious baby boy. She held him close to her just sort of worried that maybe if she let go he would fall or die. She heard that he didn’t know what had happened, her poor baby. He probably was repressing it. She gave a nod “Its okay Daniel, its okay. You don’t have to remember, what matters is that you’re safe and you’re okay….I just love you so much I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here anymore”

She kisses his forehead and just looks to Kara. She wasn’t Kara’s fan, but she wasn’t a fan of anyone who had caused her babies harm. And Milo did say what she wanted to say, which is just that she didn’t have to spend money they could do it. Also it was odd she had that much money to waste. As Milo gave her shoulder a light squeeze which made her feel pretty reassuring. You know, it had been such a short time when it was just the three of them. It was just that it had been like them for only such a short time. Another thing she did feel guilty about that. Probably another reason why she was wrapped around his finger. She listened about how he was okay and wanted to talk to Kara, and wanted clothes and food. She kissed him on the forehead as she said “Okay Daniel, but I’ll be back. And if you need anything else I’ll have my phone with me.”

She was still clinging to Daniel while saying it, since it was a debate. Her heart was like ‘stay with the baby, he’s hurt’ but logic was like ‘clothes and food he’ll live for another hour.’ She felt Milo rub her shoulders as she was unsure. And well he had a point, Daniel would be all right. And that the doctors would keep a good eye. That this was a good hospital. Parents use to work here. She kissed Daniel on the forehead as she let Milo pull her up. She looked at Daniel again as she told him “Now remember Daniel, I’ll be right back so don’t worry, I’ll bring a pillow from your room okay? So you feel at home….I love you, you know that right?”

She glared at Kara as she wasn’t sure about that. She just told her “We will be back in a few minutes. So remember that”

Yeah it was her version of ‘I don’t trust you so you get a few seconds’ so Kara better make sure to not cause any more harm to her child. Because yeah she was not trusting of her. Even after the other defensively had to describe how she had that money. So she stole from her parents, everything Kara did seem like a winner. She really didn’t trust her. She heard him say that they’d be back and if anything happened for her to come. She gave a nod "We’ll be back really soon baby, I promise”

It was hard not to just latch onto Daniel forever. Her poor baby was injured. As they walked onward she heard Milo talk to the nurse. See! She wasn’t the only one who didn’t trust the girl. She gave a nod as she was glad that Milo was joining in on her crazy. Dru lent up and gave him a kiss on the cheek “Thanks hun for believing me, I thought I was paranoid”

She walked with him to the car. As she got in she buckled her seat listening to him as he agreed with her. Something wasn’t right with Kara. See Dru wasn’t paranoid! Suck it world. She gave a nod as she admitted she agreed. Something was not right. And how can a teenager afford that. She admitted “I agree, how can someone just throw away that much money without being a city socialite. I mean sure city people but we are in the country…who has that much money in this place? Nobody. And along with that she was there and didn’t even call anything till after he was near death? That’s not okay, that is a vindictive thing. I also don’t like that she wants to talk to him alone. I don’t trust her, Milo, I just don’t. And you aren’t jaded, only people that have that much money that are young are dot comers, wall street, and drug dealers. Right?”

She just wasn’t sure about that. But mind you she grew up in the city so she didn’t trust many people she just met. She could fake it, ******** she was the best faker ever. Hell she had neighbours in their apartment complex that she didn’t trust and she would pretend like hell that they were besties. It Is just what you do. She went into the house and heard him give them roles, he went and found stuff to wear and hopefully either Danny’s pillow or stuffed animal, and she would make some food. She went into the kitchen and scrimmaged around making Daniel a packed lunch. Which was a sandwich, chips, fruit cup, and some of her cookies. She packed them up as she put it into a lunchbox. As she did she heard him ask her what to tell the kids. She gave a nod as she told him “The truth. Daniel was injured and is in the hospital that tomorrow we will visit him as a family and for now they have to be good while we are there. Sounds fair?”

She heard the door knock. Okay now wasn’t the best time. Her baby was in danger and this was hindering her time to get back to him. She opened the door as she told them “Now I appreciate you guys checking up on us but our baby is in the hospital so unless you can keep this conversation ten minutes or under I say we just talk later, okay?”

She soon saw her baby baby. She went over to him and hugged him. Aw he was so so cute! She loved it, she really lovedhim too. He was just so cute. And little. She still saw him as a little kid even though he was a teenager. She kept her arms wrapped on him a** he “Welcome back home sweetie. Now your brother got sent to the hospital so we are going to visit him. Did you want to come with us?”

The raven haired girl lent down and kissed him on the forehead before letting him go. She of course being a fussy mother she gave a nod “You are probably hungry okay come on and I’ll get you a snack”

And she went into the kitchen and got some apples into bunnies and some nutella as she asked “Do you need anything to drink Stephen?”

And who has your heart now? Milo, Stephen, and Kara's parents

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items