Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
I have a Bernina 1120. I have had it for years, nothing beats it. Even the new machines just aren't as nice. It sews smooth, hasn't lost it value price wise and is reliable. Has anyone got a line on how to get some decent cross stitch stuff out of England with out paying an arm and a leg here in America? I swear it might be cheaper to get on a plane, go there, shop and come back!

www.moto-ya.com has been closed since Dec. 2006. Just thought I let you know so you may edit the post on the first page sweatdrop

Patterns/Sewing Resource:
BurdaStyle--An open source sewing site, patterns, how-to's and some pretty nice photographs of projects.
Okay i need a site for fiberglass. As in, how to work it, and where I can get the chemicals, products.

I plan on making a predator outfit and I wish to make the armor myself from said fiberglass.
lexzcw
Sewing Machines

Quote:
Company: Singer
Make: Ultralock serger
Lifespan: I've had it for almost three years.
Review: It has a decent price tag, but it's not near the quality of other machines. I bought it because I liked my singer sewing machine, but I wouldn't buy it again. I've had to get it repaired twice for pieces that broke (which ended up costing about the price of the machine). When it breaks again, and I'm sure it will sad , I'm just going to get a new one. This one isn't worth the frustration.
Recommendation: Buy something else.

Ugh, I have one of these and it's pretty much in a constant state of being broken. Something got jammed in mine and I have to re-thread it every thirty seconds or so (a huge pain in the butt, by the way, but easier than it used to be). My mom and I tried everything we could and it's been in the shop twice, after which it works for a day or two and then breaks again. I've had mine for 4.5 years. It worked correctly for about a year. Also one of the tension dials broke which led to the most recent stint in the shop. But it was decently cheap, which is why we got it.
The convenience of cutting and hemming at the same time isn't worth it with this one. =p
www.patternreview.com has great patterns

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
bring me the horizon the best band ever!!!!

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Grammar Freak
This has to do with stained glass.

For beginers, I would get an Inland grinder. It works well and you can get a bevleing thing to put on it. With grinders, smiple is better because it will be compatible with more kinds of bevleing attachments and differnet grinding heads.

Pistol grip cutters are best. They don't have a tapping ball, but you get an even score line more offen than not. Another plus is that they have this system where you put the oil in the cutter, so you don't have to worry about dipping in pots of oil that are pron to spill. Tapping balls are cheap!

ok

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
any here interested in shakepearean out fits? for know how to make snoods?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff