Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
well, i tried to make one...it kinda...didnt...work out. anyone have advice. just, in general. the biggest problem i had was arms...

Dapper Spotter

I tried making Nimoe's cupcake. It turned out funny. -.-' I have some serious problems w/ understanding patterns! But there are so many cute things that I want to make, and I can't! D: Or uh .. I can't yet. I guess. -.-'

I think knitting makes nicer things too-- it's just too hard! My mom amazes me. razz

Euitha -- err -- when .. okay yeah, I got nothing. -.-' I'm still a beginner too. xD Just be careful to count evenly and stuff or whatever. I don't do that, but I think that if I did, my thingies would end up more proportionate. razz

e____e
Gah, sorry guys. sweatdrop
I started school the 7th too, and I've been superrrrrrr busy.
-Shakes fist at my history teacher-
Anywho, I haven't crocheted for a while because of my business. I've finished my entire moose except for the ANTLERS! I have this really adorable mint green yarn I want to use but...argh...everytime I try to improvise antlers they turn out all rectangularlike. I want them roundish! I'll try to take a picture later.

I would lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve heart to do an Amigurumi-Along. That would be soooooo awesommmmmmmme!
Okay but anyway, I already have an idea for my next project.
Due to my current obsession with Alice in Wonderland themed stuff (see avatar sweatdrop ) I want to take a cat pattern and make it like the Chesire cat, with the stripes. I think I might know how to switch colors...wouldn't you just end it off, then start with a different yarn where you left off?
Chesire cat!!! 4laugh That is so adorable!
Ooh, changing colors. oO Have courage! xd

I guess there's several ways to do it... I sort of find this way helpful though.

When you're single-crocheting, you have three loops, right? (One on the hook, one you make when you pull the yarn through the first time, and the last you make when you pull the yarn through both loops.) To change colors, you just pull the yarn of color #1 through once, but the last loop you make with the new color. Eegh, I wish I had a diagram... sweatdrop Anyone want me to post pictures or something?

Dapper Spotter

Oh Piskie! I like the way you're trying to say. razz I haven't done it before, but I'll start doing that. Don't worry, you're understood. XD

&& I don't think I could ever make an antler-needing animal ): Or a cat that switched colors o_o I don't think I have enough patience to be able to finish either of those projects .. -.-' I have trouble with the cupcake. xD

Amigurumi alonggg --
Are we ever going to get around to doing one of those?! (Not that I know what it is -- it's just that everyone seems rather excited to do it. xD)
ianthine
Oh Piskie! I like the way you're trying to say. razz I haven't done it before, but I'll start doing that. Don't worry, you're understood. XD

^^ Awesome.

ianthine

Amigurumi alonggg --
Are we ever going to get around to doing one of those?! (Not that I know what it is -- it's just that everyone seems rather excited to do it. xD)

Yeah I sure hope so! I think x demon tears x will announce a project (cupcake? X3) and we all make the same thing and post pictures by a certain date. And then we dance. xd Whee!
Can I dance now instead?
Thanks, piskie, I get what you're saying. I'll try that...I just need to get my two colors for Mr. Chesire Cat first. I got sidetracked from my moose (stupid antlers!!! scream ) and now I'm making a Rock Lee (Yes, I am an anime freak, so sue me xp ) cupcake for one of my friends. I think he's the easiest anime guy to convert into a cupcake because his hair is...kind of similar to the icing. If you're a Naruto fan like me, you'll understand. If I ever finish it, I'll put a picture up.

I can't wait for the Amigurumi Along! heart
Oooh I'd love to participate in a gaia amigurumi-along! I just finished an amigurumi and I'd love to start another one.

heart

Dapper Spotter

Such a cute robot! I've responded in your other thread already, hehe.

Stormbringer, I'd loveee to see your Rock Lee cupcake when you finish it! :3 I love Naruto also. And I'm also an anime freak .. -__-'

Cupcake sounds like fun. smile
beliael
Oooh I'd love to participate in a gaia amigurumi-along! I just finished an amigurumi and I'd love to start another one.

heart

surprised You're the one with the adorable robot and the headphones!

I love that.
ianthine
Such a cute robot! I've responded in your other thread already, hehe.

Stormbringer, I'd loveee to see your Rock Lee cupcake when you finish it! :3 I love Naruto also. And I'm also an anime freak .. -__-'

Cupcake sounds like fun. smile

I'm about to go do the frosting/hair part, while I watch Rob & Big. I'd love to do a whole collection of Naruto cupcakes, but I think some people's hairstyles would be quite...challenging.
I'll probably end up staying up late to finish it. sweatdrop
@beliael: Omg, that robot is sooooo cute! ^___^

Yep, I've been working on getting things organized for a crochet-along. It's just been kind of hectic for me in RL currently, but things should get moving here. I think I'll try to get the info up tonight. I really wish I had reserved the first few posts on the thread, but oh well. I'll just have to edit the main post and people will have to wade through the original stuff to find the Crochet-Along information.

Okay, the Amigurumi-Along information has been added! It's on the front page, but I thought I would post it here as well. :3

--

Amigurumi-Go-Round's First Amigurumi-Along!
Open To:
Everyone!
The Theme: Sweet Cuppin' Cakes! (cupcakes)
Timeline: 1/26/08 to 2/29/07 (about a month, though late additions are very much welcome)
Description: Our threads first craft-along! Over the course of a month, everyone participating will work on a single project, each individual adding their own flare to their 'gurumi.
This first project's 'theme' is that lovely, cakey treat that everyone can enjoy! They're cute and tasty, and very fun to make (not to mention easy). ^__^ And, there's a plethora of free patterns for cupcakes to be found online, or if you're feeling really ambitious, making your own pattern could be a fun addition.

Helpful Links and Resources:
-Cupcake (pattern)
-Moldy Cupcake (pattern)
-Nimoe's Cupcake Tutorial (an excellent place for beginners to start... takes you through the project one step at a time)
-Cupcake 1 (pattern)
-Cupcake 2 (pattern)
-Cupcake 3 (pattern)
-Cupcake 4 (pattern)
-Cupcake 5 (pattern)

Rules:
-Work must be your own. Don't be a flake and post someone else's crocheted art.
-The time limit is really only a guideline... posting your finished amigurumi projects will always be welcomed here, they just won't be showcased with the amigurumi-along highlights.
-There are no 'winners' in the craft-along. The goal is to inspire and appreciate one another's work, though all entries will be posted here on the front page.
-Note what pattern, if any, you used.
-Be creative! Think outside the box while planning your cupcake entry and don't be afraid to add your own flare to it. Do you want to make something super sugary, pink, and lacy, with cherries and flowers one top? Something grim and kinda dark, like a cupcake with an eyeball instead of a cherry? Have fun with it!

heart Yayzzzzz! I won't enter my Rock Lee cupcake, I'll make something new for this.
Speaking of my RLC, I'm ALMOST done. While I'm at my school function tonight, my mom is picking up black felt for his eyebrows. Also, she's getting me a bunch of other stuff I need (like regular and fuzzy yarn for my Chesire cat, and felt for my moose's antlers- I gave up on crocheting them.)
I taught my friend how to crochet in PE today. The coach/teacher calls us the grandma class because most of the girls knit or crochet during it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff