Welcome to Gaia! ::

Incredible Winner

Is there anything that needs help with this project? I'd do sprites but I'm not as experienced with them. sweatdrop

Questionable Entrepreneur

12,375 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
maps are the other thing I think
I think the project needs Spriters I'm not sure who the spriters are but I'm sure
they can help/clean up anything you're not confident with.

also

3 win quotes, 3 level up quotes, and 3 finding drops quotes

Or at least 3, but no more than 5 for each quote? Y'know, for variety without going overboard. XD

Lavish Ladykiller

Anyone want to help me think up some lines?

Victory.
1. If you think I'm tough you should see my older sister.
2. I've had tougher competition when I was working for E-Corp.

Loot

Level up

Incredible Winner

Capitano De Conseur
maps are the other thing I think
I think the project needs Spriters I'm not sure who the spriters are but I'm sure
they can help/clean up anything you're not confident with.

also

3 win quotes, 3 level up quotes, and 3 finding drops quotes

Or at least 3, but no more than 5 for each quote? Y'know, for variety without going overboard. XD

Are the quotes for each individual character?

If you guys are okay with a nub like me handling sprites, I can at least attempt to make one character sheet, and see how it goes from there.

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Found loot quotes
1. Oi Howard! What'd you suck up this time?
2. Oh yes yes yes. this I like (for rare loot/unique weapons)
3. Hmm. This will be useful later.

Kyonko Sakura's Husbando

Amorous Ladykiller

37,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Regarding win quotes: will we get one or two that pop up when certain conditions are met, being dangerously low on HP when the battle ends for example? It just seems kinda silly for one to be using a normal win quote when one is about to drop.

Cold Creature

Did you guys put something like a chocobo or any form of transport in the game ?

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Winston needs to be in this! Such a classy chocobo!

Allied Lionheart

Elrom
Regarding win quotes: will we get one or two that pop up when certain conditions are met, being dangerously low on HP when the battle ends for example? It just seems kinda silly for one to be using a normal win quote when one is about to drop.

I've been scouring pages of scripts and edits to see how I can implement this and while I think I might've found one that applies this, I'd advise to just make a few normal quotes and have the critical condition types in the back of your mind.

I'll let you guys know if it's possible though, because that was one of my concerns when I first found the script for the victory aftermath as well.

Allied Lionheart

Dan D Mann
Did you guys put something like a chocobo or any form of transport in the game ?

We have boats and ships and maybe an airship, but nothing on foot. I don't know if that's even possible (it probably is) but the map isn't exactly huge...

Well, of course I'm just saying this because we've yet to get to a part in the plot in which traveling from one end of the map to another is necessary. We'll see.

Little chocobos will be cute to see running around on the map, though, I will admit.

Cold Creature

Yeulveren
Dan D Mann

We have boats and ships and maybe an airship, but nothing on foot. I don't know if that's even possible (it probably is) but the map isn't exactly huge...

Well, of course I'm just saying this because we've yet to get to a part in the plot in which traveling from one end of the map to another is necessary. We'll see.

Little chocobos will be cute to see running around on the map, though, I will admit.

It doesn't have to be a chocobo though, they could be the WGers pets, like a giant slime or a giant grunny. xd

Healing Abomination

... I can't think of anything for my lines. XD He's the kind to keep quiet even about things like this.

Allied Lionheart

LOOK! IT'S AN UPDATE!

Welp. It took a whole bunch of blood and tears, but I've finally got something of a working introduction scene into the game. That might not sound like much, but it's a good three scenes all tied together to open the game.

But obviously it is not final, so the dialogue and characters and music and other such things are subject to change--I recorded the scene via Camtasia and sent a link to Daff for her to review. We'll work on edits afterwards but if she okays it as a rough draft I might make the video public and post it here sometime. Then you guys can see my mediocre RPG programming skills! |D

But yeah. In the meantime I am sad to say that I do not think that quotes tied to critical condition will be possible. It sucks, but it doesn't seem that the scripts the current battle systems use include that sort of variable. I'll keep looking for a compatible script, but my searches have come up with nothing of use so far.

That being said, I have a test "project" that I use to, well, test things like scripts before I put it into the actual game files. If I find a different battle system that's easy enough to use and looks good that we can use in conjunction with such a thing, I'll let you guys know!

NiChangelo's Wife

Fallen Mama

Thank you for your hard work Yeul. <3

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Thanks yeul

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items