Welcome to Gaia! ::

Allied Lionheart

More on stats debate
Well, looking at that stat comparison I put up it's actually pretty situational in which a mage class is stronger than a fighter. And some of the stat numbers are pretty deceiving on screen.

Case in point: take Erhard and my character, Yeulveren. Erhard's stat is 27, while mine is 28. We have our differences, and yes, that is a high number in comparison to some of the other people. At first glance, that does seem pretty uneven in comparison to the fighters we have in the group. But then you'll notice that we're healers. We have a ton of healing spells and buffs, with maybe two or three proper attacks.

Other high stat-range people include Skadi, who is a fighter but is more defensively-oriented, and Maji, who is also a healer. I'm just doing this at first glance, of course, so it's likely that I've missed someone.

...But now that I'm looking at his profile properly, Clueit actually looks like his would be pretty balanced, too. It's strong, yes, but a lot of his skills rely on chance and variables--which we can do--if I'm reading it right. So yeah, it really depends on how you look at things.

Boosts
There are boosts, yes, and you can make skills that buff (and debuff) said stats. So if you want, you can create an Attack Stance skill which boosts your own stats for a short time (or anyone you choose, if you so desire--there is an option to set a target from One Enemy to All Enemies to One Ally to All Allies to User to Dead Ally and so on).

As for "switching"--if I understand you correctly--there is nothing to do it automatically. However, if you set two skills, one being Attack Stance and the other being Defense Stance, I can add the effect in that going into Attack Stance will buff the user's Attack for a set amount of turns while removing any Defense buffs if they're on, but then if they want to change, then casting Defense Stance will add a Defense buff while removing the Attack buff.

And no, there's nothing to make them last through a battle, though I can probably get around that by setting the number of turns they last to 100 or some other absurdly high number... I'll have to test it first, though.

Questionable Entrepreneur

12,375 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Visher Leonidas Wulfgar
Yeulveren

In this Battle system of yours, are Boosts to players a thing? Asides from standard buffs and things.
Like, can a Player that has a DEF boosting skill use that to boost said stat? As a skill or such?

If so, would a switch ability be possible? As in a skill, Stance Change - Attack Stance would add to ATK and AGI and Defense Stance would add to DEF and MDEF.

You can have a skill that raises ATK and AGI while lowering DEF and MDF, and then another stat vice versna increasing DEF and MDF. So you could start a game with normal stats. use Attack Stance and gain ATK and AGI but lowering DEF and MDF, and vice versa I guess

Allied Lionheart

I just realized my explanation on the boosts is confusing, so I'll put it in another way.

Here are your skills: Attack Stance and Defense Stance.

Attack Stance will be a buff that affects the user. It has the Effect of buffing ATK and AGI for x number of turns. It also has the Effect of removing any buffs on the user that pertain to DEF and MDF.

Defense Stance is a similar buff, only it buffs DEF and MDF while removing buffs on ATK and AGI on the user.

Again, I'll have to test it out before I can 100% say that it'll work, but that's the gist of it.

Apocalyptic Power

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing.

Two skills. I just wanted to know if it was possible in the Battle System before I make them into skills.

Apocalyptic Power

Ms Daffodil

Revised again, sightly. XD

Class:
Great Lord

Weapon:
Greatsword - High rank/Main weapon
Sword - Mid rank
----------------------
Axe - Low Rank
Hammer - Low Rank.

Unique Weapon:
Greatblade Demoneater
A slayer greatsword emubed with the power of Lightning.

Armor Types:
Light
Heavy

Stats:
MHP: +5
MMP: +2
ATK: +5
DEF: +4
MAT: +2
MDF: +2
AGI: +3
LUK: +3

Abilities:
Wouldn't use Shield skills, a Forward-type of fighter and Stance changer based on either taking the hits or ignoring them/dodging them if he can. Hits hard and uses Lightning based weapon skill. Cleave/Slash would be standard.

Elements:
Physical
Thunder

Skills:
Cleave/Slash
A Lightning based attack (Not a thrown bolt, but like an "enchantment"-type on his weapon to strike)
A Dash and/or Jump attack
A type of Berserker's rage (works along side Atk/Def Stance)
Stance change skills.
- Attack Stance boosts ATK and AGI.
- Defense Stance boosts DEF and MDF.

Questionable Sweetheart

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
Ms Daffodil

User Image
Sprite-ify me? mrgreen

Snack

Capitano De Conseur

Hey, should i be converting the ranks into numbers? everyone else seems to be doing that and i want to as well if it makes things easier.
What would that even look like? I'm guessing high is like 5+ and a low is...1+?

Snack

Ms Daffodil
Skadi Sundermount
not sure whats going on with pics and sprites but...

Skadi's Update Stats

...this is what i got.
it look alright? missing anything? anything need changing?
You don't need to worry about your graphics, they're complete.

Are these your most up-to-date stats?

Oh good, I was worried there for a bit.

I've actually edited them since then with his help. I'll put the most recent stats here if it'll help.

Class:
Handmaiden

A professional Lady-In-Waiting for some poor fool to start some stupid s**t.

This troll dances around her enemies, moving in for swift precision strikes and avoids taking as much damage as possible, switching between the spear for long ranged attacks and the dagger for short range.

Unlike most other trolls in her clan, Skadi is not very talented magically but she is inherently resistant to it.

Weapon(s):
Spear - High Rank
Dagger - Mid Rank
Claw - Low

Armor:
Clothing
General
Light

Stats:
MHP - Mid
MMP - Low
ATK - Mid
DEF - High
MAT - Low
MDF - High
AGI - High
LUK - Mid

Abilities:
Buffs to avoid taking or reducing damage from enemies.
Hinders enemies, lowering their hit chance and critical hit chance.
Confuses enemies.

There! Newest stats under the cut but i may convert the ranks to numbers soon since everyone else seems to be doing that, i assume that the numbers are just easier or more precise.

Dmitri James's Pardner

Regional Hero

Wow, thanks for all your help and insight. I really like what you have going on and your explanation makes very good sense. Such a deep and thoughtful explanation.

I think I'll pretty much keep what you've come up with and work out the weapon.

Thanks, maan. emotion_brofist

Dmitri James's Pardner

Erhard Muller

Now I'm just wondering how many Ace Attorney jokes you'll bring to the game. rofl

I actually haven't played any of the Ace Attorney games before.

I don't have a DS or other gaming console other than my computer. I wish I could play it though. I guess I can just watch the playthrough through youtube. Unless you can fill me in on any Ace Attorney jokes?

I am aware of the banana one though.

Dmitri James's Pardner

Ms Daffodil

Hey Daff (is it okay if I call you that?), I've finished updating my stats! [I've also done my sprite]
Classes:
Lawyer

Attributes :
MHP + 5
MMP + 2
ATK + 3
DEF + 4
MAT + 1
MDF + 4
AGI + 1
LUK + 5

Weapon types:
Gun – Mid rank

Unique weapon:
Large fountain pen (acts like a hammer/club) – High rank

Armor types
General

Skills:
OBJECTION!! - stuns opponent

Thanks~

Lavish Ladykiller

Ms Daffodil

What do you think?

Classes:
Goat Herder

Attributes :
MHP - 3
MMP - 5.
ATK - 2
DEF - 3
MAT - 5
MDF - 5
AGI - 2
LUK - 2.

Weapon types
Head
Staff

Armor types
General
Magic

Skills:

'Sick them' Goti attacks the foe, bonus against trolls.

'Power of the Gruff" Boost attack and defense of one ally, Goti get small attack increase.

'How dare you' Berserk on self

"Defender of the heard' Takes all damage for all allies for 3 turns.

'Unleash Goti' Goti performs a powerful dark magic attack that hits both foes and allies. Drastically raises all stats of all party members. Only available at the highest level.

Elements:
Physical
Dark

States
TBE

Spicy Owl

61,590 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • mOWLware 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
    Did not realize I'd put in that many points >__> but i do like chance so it got worked into jsut about every stat xD

Healing Abomination

Wizeria
Erhard Muller

Now I'm just wondering how many Ace Attorney jokes you'll bring to the game. rofl

I actually haven't played any of the Ace Attorney games before.

I don't have a DS or other gaming console other than my computer. I wish I could play it though. I guess I can just watch the playthrough through youtube. Unless you can fill me in on any Ace Attorney jokes?

I am aware of the banana one though.

There are emulators you can use to play ROMs on your computer, like Desmume. I could, but I'm afraid I'll botch it and it doesn't turn out funny.

emotion_awesome Keep your glasses on! Don't want to be seeing bananas now, eh?

Dmitri James's Pardner

Erhard Muller

I may try that, but in all honesty I'm probably too lazy to do that, haha. Who knows though? Maybe over the summer...

Whoa there, what are you thinking? tsk tsk dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces