Welcome to Gaia! ::

Melodious Fatcat

User Image
                    ☇ i can’t stop the seasons from changing
                    tab tab tab or this train from leaving the station . . .

tab tab tab tab tab tab ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─

"Speaking here."

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
                          text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

Melodious Fatcat

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ / ▰▰▰

User Image
                      The thought didn't even occur to Mia that he might've been such an inexperienced-looking young man. She heard voices murmuring from outside the kitchen, where Ms. Collins had brought her to sit down and wait for her son, but after he nervously poked his head in and instantly blanked at the sight of an unknown girl, she began sizing him up.

There was a very awkward silence after he shut the door to keep his mother out of their business. 'Thanks for doing that for me.' That was one less obstacle in the way, but the most important one was standing right before her, making tea with obvious discomfort. His mother had probably told him to be on his best behavior or something similar. He probably had sensed something off about his unexpected visitor - probably her mannerisms. She didn't quite fit in with the look of the time, perhaps? Mia had tried to dress appropriately for the times after doing some background research; of course, wearing a bodysuit that allowed for quicker and more comfortable movement would also make her stick out in a crowd like a neon sign. In the end, she had decided on a white blouse, knee-length skirt, pumps, and her signature trench coat.

Well, if the disguise didn't work, how would he react to her suddenly springing a crazy "letter from your future self to a girl from the future" on him? Not well, she guessed.

"Tea?" Alek asked.

Without waiting for an answer, he turned to prepare the small list of ingredients. "Thank you," Mia murmured. She studied him while he busied himself with the tea kettle, but when he suddenly turned back to her a minute or two later, she immediately dropped the discerning look for a smile. He still looked just as nervous as he had been before. As he shook his head slightly and muttered a few apologies, Mia wanted to laugh. She couldn't think of any particular strategy that would have the both of them feeling any less awkward, what with that personality of his. The result was bound to be even more uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry if this offends you or anything but who are you?"

And so began the awkward introductory conversation. Mia tried to keep the boy as calm as possible while she eased him into an explanation of her situation... (their situation?) After all, it had been fated that they would meet, hadn't it? She would have to find out what was so special about this boy that the two of them would apparently become such close comrades in the future. (... or the past?) Her sense of time frames was already fraying at the seams.

She kept her tone mild and light. "Oh no, don't feel sorry. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. I'm Mia." Offering another smile, she stood up to lean against the counter beside him, maintaining a distance just far enough so that he wouldn't run away. "Honestly, I never thought I'd end up here either, but I have something important I need to talk to you about." She swept some hair behind her ear and peered over at him, her head tilted in the same way he was watching her. "If you'd let me explain myself, I would be grateful."

User Image

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

X . crepe spanish duchess (Lucia Martell)
xxsamples: not a sample thread (no this actually is one though)
xxface claim: Bruna Tenorio // [PIC 1] , [PIC 2] , [PIC 3] , [PIC 4]
xxcharacter idea: I've checked out some of the other girls' profiles, and one thing I notice that happens a lot is that, if you don't specify, most people say their character is "incredibly intelligent." Since her two defining traits in her mini-blurb are "realistic" and "charming," I want Lucia to be smart, not in the sense that she's very book-smart, but in the sense that she can be very cunning. She's no dreamer, and because she knows that any move she makes could potentially lead to her being left behind in the court, plans are being made so that she can secure a position for herself. Lucia knows that if she plays her cards right, she can be the one to take Peche Melba's heart and wallet--Madeleine is married but her husband doesn't know of her affair, and Lucia has the potential to gain closer access to Peche Melba because her lady, Cerise Tarte, used to be good friends with him. In terms of her relationship to Cerise Tarte, I think Lucia could be like an older sister trying to make sure her little sis knows what's up in the world. Lucia might've gotten tricked before, when she was younger and in the Spanish court, and is using that experience to guide her.

As for her charm, I think that one of the standards of any court royal or noble is that they should be good with words. In addition to that, I want her to be a bit daring; everyone notices a girl who's forward and flirty. It would also be a good reason for why Peche Melba likes her. And I'm not sure whether I saw this correctly somewhere, but there's a rumor that Crepe is a whore or something like that? This aspect of her charm would account for it. Gossipy girls definitely don't like foreigners who sweep in and charm away their guys.
xxquestions: none so far!

Melodious Fatcat

User Image

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                            hoo██ █ lucia catalina de silva♦◝ 『 CREPE

User Image

"Speaking here."

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

plotbunny summaries

★ - - lost in the city lights
you’re a reporter who's happened to hit a bad spot – a really bad spot. your last article ended up being a bit too controversial and, well, while your boss wasn’t too clear about the whole being laid off thing, it was implied. in order to clear your name you decide to get out of the way for a while and end up heading to new york for a vacation. it is there where you meet somebody who is not what they seem to be. to you she’s just a lost tourist, but little do you know she’s actually a runaway princess from a small country who has needed some time to clear her head.

★ - - party at gatsby's
a new-money oil tycoon becomes the talk of the town when he moves into the "east egg" -- he seems like a nice man, but there are rumors of his connection to the mafia and the bootlegging crime ring of new york. meanwhile, a new girl moves into town and finds a job as a dancer, part of feldzieg's follies, and becomes rich and famous herself. the tycoon hears of this news and invites her to one of his famous parties... how will this work out, especially because this famous flapper and the tycoon were young lovers in their youth?

★ - - catch me if you can
a top fbi detective is assigned to catch a criminal on the run who's been impersonating various figures and embezzling money. the detective has no idea what this criminal really looks like because s/he's so good at disguising himself, so that the detective has no clear photos of his/her full figure and face. after several months of chase, as s/he despairs of ever catching up and considers writing a letter back to headquarters requesting withdrawal from this case, s/he receives a message from a newly assigned "partner" from back in washington dc to help him/her out via daily video chats. with this new support s/he resumes pursuit of the master of disguise, receiving helpful tips along the way from this mysteriously helpful partner -- but little does s/he know that the helpful friend is the criminal him/herself leading the detective on.

★ - - room and board
in a small apartment in a dingy part of the city, two roommates have agreed to live with each other for however long it takes for the two of them to get on their feet. one's a socialite who manages to be invited into the biggest house parties in town solely based on reputation and smooth-talking. his goal is to get a rich girl to fall in love with him so he can live the life he's always dreamed of. the other roommate is a hardworking and dedicated writer, strictly realistic about both her novel and the life she's living. she spends her days working a side job and wandering, hoping to find something to latch onto and inspire her to write a hit that'll shoot her into the top circle of authors. though the two lead completely different lifestyles, these dreamers have to survive living together in one apartment because, hey, it's all they can afford.

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

User Image
                        space
                                ║█⋮「 r i k a xs a i t oxxx
                                User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Speech and thoughts!"

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

Melodious Fatcat

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                                                    tab honestly ♦⇣ tab I KNOW YOUR❜ UNSURE FEELINGS »
                                                    ───────trick✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶trick───────
                                                    tab I KNOW MY LOVE IS ONE MOMENT, ONE FEELING ⋯⋯⋯ ❥ but !
                                                    tab tab tab tab to me◝☆ this is ─ E V E R Y THING
                                                    tab tokand i think i'm gonna hate it when the end ( END ) comes
                                                    trick tok
                                                    tab tab tab tab xx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

tab tab tab tab tab tab •『❥ the chaser
                                                    tab tab tab tab tab tab •『❥ feeling
                                                    tab tab tab tab tab tab •『❥ thoughts

tab AGAIN AND AGAIN ♪ LIKE THIS !
    xxx↷ little by littlexxEVERY DAY
    xx★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    tab xi love youxxmore ◝⋮than yesterday

── ♕ ──
    Like you're trying to fight gravity
    on a planet that insists
    that love is like falling
    and falling is like this

★ ★ ★ don't ( look back ) just leave ━ ❛cause baby I'm gone !
        tab tab DON'T LOOK for me again trick♝◝you gotta move on
        tricktokI'll find a way to take the pain away • I'll find a way to take the pain away • I'll find a way to take the pain away • I'll find a way to take the pain away
        I want you to be happy day by day • I want you to be happy day by day • I want you to be happy day by day • I want you to be happy day by day
        tricktokHARUHARU, I'M FADING AWAY ⋯⋯⋯❥❥

Melodious Fatcat

User Image
            User Image User Image【 ♛` ⇢ DETECTIVE◝ 】
            User Image
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            xxx「 sarcastic 」 「 driven 」「 resourceful 」
                            BIRTHDATE: JUNE 25th
                            BIRTHPLACE: HONG KONG
                            NICKNAMES: XI FENG (chinese name)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( SUNG, JULIA )
                            ⋆ she moved to the united states at age nine with her parents, hence her adoption of an english name
                            ⋆ as one of the top new fbi agents, she took the assignment partly out of hubris b/c no one had resolved it
                            ⋆ now that she's hit a roadblock, she doesn't want to give up because she was so sure of herself

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff