Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

Congratulations!
                                                                                If you are quoted in this post, your soft-application has been approved!
                                                                                PMs will be sent out shortly to arrange hard-applications. We highly encourage you to
                                                                                continue thinking up ideas for your character! After all, the more prepared you are for
                                                                                your hard-application, the better!

Hard applications for those quote in this post will be due by
                                                                                Tuesday the 24nd of March at 11:59 PM MST.

A countdown clock may be found here.

Thank you again for your applications and best of luck with the rest of your application!

Nara_Sayo
                                                                                Ivoreh

Wealthy Rabbit

4,825 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Please call me Ivy or Ivoreh, but if you want to truly get my attention, my name is Abby! I'm 18, and I'll be graduating high school in a few months from the time I've posted this. I'm unemployed, and I'm the president of a LGBT club at my school. I'm learning to sew (the goal being cosplays). I love bunnies, gemstones, and obsessing over fictional people I make for roleplays! I'm really friendly, but I am diagnosed (for real) with ADD (which comes with depression and anxiety) so if something bad happens in my life, I grow a bit quiet online. I lose energy easily in real life, but I always pull through for things I adore, and I definitely adore this roleplay.

User Image

If I go MIA, something's gone wrong! This shouldn't happen. I usually log on every day, but it's not every day I can chat or post. Usually it's just due to homework and art, but there will be times where I can't churn out a worthwhile post because of my ADD. I also attend two other roleplays, but both are laid back so it doesn't matter when I post. This roleplay would be my priority! In school, I'm usually unavailable on Wednesdays due to being the president of the LGBT+ club. Also, I'm in the CST timezone.

User Image

This time, I'd like to try my hand at Prison Princess, because I certainly can thrive on the idea of a shut in being finally freed – plus a more peaceful attitude than my plan for Mind may appeal more to some.
                                            + Personality: Will be reflecting on an angsty teen (youth considered), NEET characteristics (she's close to such a category), and internet exposure (memes, gamer slang, whatever an angsty teen would sputter to look cool). She would be a fun character to play -- as well as one easily interacted with among others.
                                            + Huge Otaku and dork based on her setting – basically I'll be reliving my weeaboo phase at age 14. *silent cringe*
                                            + I want to build off the idea of her gaming -- specifically playing into her fortes and skills as a savior. I would love having her thrive with the SIN-D devices as well as incorporating weapons with tech. Ohh my God, tech weapons with holy or dark elements.... *begins drooling*
                                            + I also want to indulge in her developing reacting to who LoserLove actually is in person, after all, internet relationships are a bit of a breed apart for humans – even more challenging is someone who has only had one physical relationship to this point!
                                            + This could even translate in difficulty maintaining physical relationships with those around her – it's easier to respond online than in person because you can think it over! She may even say poorly thought out things and get herself in trouble constantly!
                                            + Her fighting tactics would be a bit lame being still so new, BUT I'm fascinated with the idea of having her base all her thinking and strategies off videogames! She would be an immense strategist, if allowed.
                                            + I would eat up her jealousy with Mind – and have her reactions be as wobbly and dramatic as any other teen.
                                            + The ANGST. I want to go as low as I can for the age range – if I get Princess, she will be 14. Chubby pubescent freshman on the loose!!

User Image

Face claim ! She's a bit pudgy and certainly on that NEET teen style, pudgy, awkward. This design is actually pretty close to what I'm envisioning! (I always spend an hour wasting time looking at face claims.... Almost ran out of time on this because of it QuQ)

I also like this role because it gives me a lot more freedom to plot than Mind -- however, that doesn't mean I don't like structure -- and it doesn't mean I can't plot with Mind, either! Princess certainly is a nice spot to have, though.

Did I mention I am mad in love over the tech ideas I have? I'm in love.

User Image

I'll just simplify the ones I had for Mind!
                                            x x x x x x
                                            Again, all links have me just freely typing as I please – but I am 100% capable of writing more for this rp. I'm 100% comfortable with the word count rules here!
User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

Congratulations!
                                                                                PMs will be sent out shortly to arrange hard-applications. We highly encourage you to
                                                                                continue thinking up ideas for your character! After all, the more prepared you are for

Wednesday the 26th of March at 11:59 PM MST.

Thank you again for your applications and best of luck with the rest of your application!

Ivoreh

ms enchant's Husband

Noble Bookworm

8,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Bookworm 100
Soft Application
User Image

Okay, so my name is Don DeSilva, but my online persona (which you have already taken to calling me) is Merp. I live in southern California with my lovely girlfriend who happens to be Ms Enchant. I believe we met and played Cards Against Humanity? Anyway, I am nineteen going on twenty in about a month, and am not super busy at the moment. I am currently in college, but do not have a job at the moment (to ms enchant's dismay), thus I have various bits of free time throughout the week. Of course that can change depending on assignments, seeing as I go to Laguna College of Art and Design, and know for a fact that my final Animation project of this year is going to take FOREVER. 250 frames, hand drawn, for 10 seconds of an animation? My god, my hand is cramping just thinking about it! That being said, I love art and cartoons, especially the old Warner Bros. stuff, which my style is modeled after. I also like the role play, and probably would have never found it if not for Ms Enchant, so give credit to whom credit is due!

User Image

People spend time offline? What? I thought this was the twenty-first century! Anyway, college takes monday though thursday, but I have nights to be online on all of those days. If I'm lacking, Ms Enchant will smack me in the back of the head and tell me to say something, so unless I'm dead or dying, which may happen around finals time, I won't have any availability problems.

User Image

Only one character? This was a hard decision, and though I really like Loser Love, I think I'm going to go with Super Scar because his backstory has the word shark in it his backstory seems like a lot of fun to work with. I mean Loser Love is interesting and all, but I think I can work a bit better with Super Scar. Anyway, onto my ideas. So he's a guy who is being hounded by loan sharks because of medical bills, and though Vambrace Vigilante helped him to a point, she up and disappeared on him. If I get that much right, I'm thinking that Super Scar may hold a grudge against Vambrace Vigilante, but only because she up and disappeared without so much as a goodbye. She came, helped, and even became his friend. He let her help him even though he was hesitant to take her help in the first place (seeing as he is the type to do things himself, and hates to take hand-outs). He didn't want to ask for her help again, really, he just wanted someone to talk to. That being said, Super Scar wouldn't have many friends, online or otherwise. In fact, the only time he even used a computer would have been in a public library or at school because he has never been able to afford one. He never had time to make friends in school or out of school due to having to work late hours at his job, or even jobs, to make ends-meat. I'm not sure of the age here, but I'm thinking he's in a community college for business or something, which is being paid with scholarships and student-aid,
                                            I imagine him as a jersey boy who spent his first paycheck to get a suit and tie so he could work in a bank. He goes to college and takes as many courses as his financial aid and scholarships will pay so he can get a good job in business, and works part-time at a local bank as a teller making decent money, but never being able to keep a cent due to living expenses and loan sharks. He is addicted to work, but says all he wants to do is get out and do something with his life other than work from paycheck to paycheck. He's a book worm, but doesn't have time to read for leisure, and he smokes a pack of cigarettes a day because he thinks that it's the only damn thing that he gets to buy and enjoy, but subconsciously likes feeling like a rebel; spending his money on something frivolous and unneeded like cigarettes.
                                            He's already rank B when it comes to his Kamiki, which I was thinking would be something strange like a monk's spade crossed with a three-section staff. The spade part of the pole weapon would represent his internal struggle to bury his likes, hopes, and dreams in order to make ends-meat, the crescent moon end of the staff would represent how he tries to defend against people who come to harm him; so much room for error, he needs to be precise to defend himself and escape unharmed. And the three-section staff would be how he pulls himself apart into different sections of his life; first is his need to work and satisfy his debts on one end, on the other is how he needs to uphold his spiritual debt to Ima and dispatch Kalim, and stuck in the middle is his want to just do things he wants to do, and to just be himself when ultimately he can't.

User Image

Here's a link to a wiki page about a Monk's Spade and a Three Section Staff. *NOTE: the link to the monk's spade doesn't work, not sure why. Google it, and the first link goes to the wiki page that I was trying to link >> *
                                            And here is some links to some pictures of the character's intended appearance; Link 1 link 2 link 3

User Image

User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

The moment of truth is upon us!

From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you both for your
                                                                                applications. This contest was particularly difficult to decide, and we thank both
                                                                                of you for having taken so much time to share with us your absolutely wonderful
                                                                                ideas. We sincerely appreciate it and hope that there are no hard feelings
                                                                                for anyone involved!

We will be sending out our evaluations shortly, along with any comments we might
                                                                                have had. Feel free to ask questions if you have any! As a reminder, rejected
                                                                                applicants are welcome to reapply for any other open roles!

CONTEST RESULTS
                                                                                Prison Princess
                                                                                Winner: Ivoreh

Thank you again for applying!

Ivoreh
                                                                                moolah1237

User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

Congratulations!

Friday the 27th of March at 11:59 PM MST.

merp merpins

Clean Friend

User Image

Why hello, there ~ ! I'm moolah/moo, female nineteen-year-old college freshmeat with a part-time job. My interests range from writing, art, baking/cooking, and much, much more. I'm also a semi-obsessive health and fitness enthusiast ahaha ~ (Healthy) sweets and tea are my absolute favorites! I love basically anything Japanese and Korean. I currently have too much anime and other shows to watch for which I never seem to have enough time. /sobs I've been roleplaying for a long time (I think 6-7 years...?) and I'm on this site waaaay more than I probably should be orzz. ;;

User Image

I'm in EST, and I have classes from Monday through Friday and work on the weekends. However, I usually log on everyday for at least an hour or two except maybe during finals week and the like (I always get alerts on my phone though, so it's all good ~ ). At the moment, I have 3 active but slow group roleplays as well as a few one x ones. I'm kind of addicted to this site and to roleplaying because I don't do any other social networking so usually nothing can keep me away for long. >D

User Image

Okay, let's try this again (because the first time around I actually had a hard time choosing) so now I'm going to shoot for LOSER LOVE ~ !

I think it'd be super interesting to explore how his past affects his behavior and decisions in the present, which would lend itself to a lot of character development. He seems like a complex character with a fairly cynical outlook on life as well as an inferiority complex, a character I've always wanted to play. His story is, to me, meaningful and heart-wrenching because he's been through so much emotional turmoil that made him into who he is today. I think we can all relate to at least some of his experiences, including myself, and so I plan to use this to expand on his own feelings of inadequacy and struggles in discovering what truly matters (i.e. external beauty vs. internal beauty).

I should do bullet points this time ahaha

- He can be pretty stubborn and headstrong, which means he usually does whatever he wants as long as he's happy. Because of this, he can do some pretty rash/reckless things.
                                            - He also thinks that he can do anything on his own and doesn't need anyone else's help.
                                            - He hates it when others show him pity because in doing so, he thinks that they're mocking him.
                                            - Since he was bullied in his past for his appearance, he has since grown obsessed with beauty and is now self-absorbed due to his newfound beauty (so I suppose he's a bit on the effeminate side).
                                            - He prefers solitude, usually locking himself in his room for hours playing video games.
                                            - He's a night owl who has forgone sleep to play video games in which he could be the hero who everyone loves and idolizes.
                                            - He also often created fantasies in his mind and liked to pretend he was this popular hunk that everyone wanted a piece of.
                                            - He has an inferiority complex, so he gets envious easily and will go to great extents to fix whatever is making him feel unworthy.
                                            - However, aside from the things he truly loves and feels strongly about, he can be pretty lackadaisical. For example, he was never really the studious type and didn't have any friends at school anyway (in fact, it was a living hell for him), so he never bothered going often and eventually even decided to drop out.
                                            - He'll definitely protect the people for whom he cares during important moments. He also has hero syndrome, which means he always wants to flaunt/prove his courage (this ties back to his inferiority complex, as he feels the need to show that he's not inferior).

User Image

Wee okay so you can't see his body in this pic but can we just assume that he's kind of chubby here l-lol: past appearance. Add in a few zits and pretend he looks more disheveled than he does ahkskjsh

And here's his current beautiful self: /too sexy for my shirt

I'm throwing some facts that didn't fit in the "Role" section here xDD;;

- He was chubby and had acne and often sported many bandages on his face from being bullied as a kid.
                                            - His home life was never all that great; it was as though he was invisible. His family usually left him alone in his room. They hardly ever bothered to ask about his bandages and injuries, and even if they did, they seemed uninterested.
                                            - One night after playing video games for so long without sleep, he crashed and was then admitted into the hospital. He could never forget the look of shame that was on his family members' faces when they looked upon him until he could no longer stand it and made that wish.
                                            - He has always LOVED food, but since he became beautiful, he's been pretty strict on his diet; he doesn't want to revert back into his chubby former self. Evidently, he's a person of extremes who doesn't really know the concept of moderation.
                                            - He's not good at expressing his emotions or being affectionate and can be a bit socially awkward as a result. Whenever he wants to do something nice, he'd probably blush and stutter and act all tsundere. He has a soft side though; he's just somewhat emotionally constipated.
                                            - Deep down, he just wants to find someone who will accept him for who he is and to tell him that he's beautiful no matter what and to find where he belongs (which was why he got along so well with Prison Princess although she didn't know what he looked like).
                                            - He doesn't speak a lot, but when he does, he speaks whatever is on his mind - the ugly truth.

User Image

SAMPLES ~ /prettifies with sparkles and confetti
User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

Congratulations!

Hard applications for all those quote in this post will be due by
                                                                                Friday the 25th of March at 11:59 PM MST.

moolah1237

User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

applications. This contest was also difficult to decide, and we thank both
                                                                                of you for having taken so much time to share with us your absolutely wonderful
                                                                                ideas. We sincerely appreciate it and hope that there are no hard feelings
                                                                                for anyone involved!

We will be sending out our evaluations shortly, along with any comments we might
                                                                                have had. Feel free to ask questions if you have any! As a reminder, rejected
                                                                                applicants are welcome to reapply for any other open roles!

CONTEST RESULTS
                                                                                Loser Love
                                                                                Winner: moolah1237

moolah1237
                                                                                Nara_Sayo

Mimiika's Wife

Familiar Poster

User Image

Hello my name is Sonea, although feel free to call me Nara. Despite the sometimes odd looking avatar I am female, but don't really if you take me for a male. I'm 23 years old studying animation and illustration at university in my second year. I enjoy drawing, animation and sculpting but also gaming and currently taking singing lessons. Walking is something I also enjoy along with reading and of course writing, but I wouldn't really call them a hobby. Anime and manga, including Korean manga, but I only watch TV on a rare occasion. I've had some rough patches with roleplays lately so I've been roleplaying offsite for some time.

User Image

Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the days I’m in uni and Sunday night I'm not on as late as usual as I need the sleep. On these days it's unlikely that I will reply but even whilst I’m at uni, I can follow the roleplay on my phone and do head back every day. I have course work but I can fit it around roleplaying along with two other roleplays which are offsite.

User Image

Role: Super Scar

Background

- Abandoned when he was younger
                                            - Raised by his uncle who he believed was his father with his lies
                                            - Often left at home on his own often leaving by his own accord
                                            - Seen as a orphan due to his appearance and being alone
                                            - Accepted into a dojo and taught there in exchange for helping to tidy up
                                            - Became arrogant of his own skills due to how easy he picked up the different martial arts
                                            - Struggled to make friends thanks to his personality but also his personality thanks to his uncle refusing to spend a penny more on him than he had to
                                            - Often skipped school not seeing the point of going hanging out with strangers
                                            - Became involved in stealing, smoking as well as helping out with poker nights from making drinks to dealing cards
                                            - Got involved in a scuffle between Vambrace Vigilante and Adamant Ace
                                            - Hospitalized soon afterwards requiring physical therapy running up large bills
                                            - Bills added on top of gambling debts, his uncle fled leaving him behind
                                            - Despite working and Vambrace Vigilante's help, the debt kept piling up
                                            - Searching for their money, the loan sharks hired thugs to collect their money
                                            - Unable to collect it, they took him as collateral
                                            - Forced to work for them from acting as a thug to fighting for entertainment
                                            - Managed to repay off nearly all of the debts gambling himself, both on fights and on his own life
                                            - Made the wish after finding out his uncle ran up more debts.

Other

- Personality: honest, hard-working, protective, resourceful & thoughtful // blunt, defensive, secretive, short tempered & unsociable.

- Vambrace Vigilante & Adamant Ace: Despite being hospitalized, he doesn't hold a grudge against the two of them. He made the decision based on his own beliefs and wouldn't change the way things happened. Thanks to that incident, he came to understand what it was like to have a friend, someone he could trust other than himself. For all that Vambrace Vigilante, he believes he owes her a huge debt, not just simply money. Despite it all, the subject is a touchy subject with him yet sees it as a chance to repay the debt. This all despite her abandoning him when he needed her the most.

User Image

Skype: Nerostaine [[ shu.shu.chu ]] & more than willing to do an interview

Face Claim: Ookurikara from Touken Ranbu [ x ]

Weapon: Ōdachi katana [ x ] - Spiritual elements: Void & Earth
                                            - Usually carried on a shoulder strap
                                            - The blade vibrates in the presence of Kalim
                                            - The scabbard has a fushi [[collar ]] on each end resulting in the scabbed being a few inches longer and means the sword can be used ambidextrously
                                            - The blade is forged from a thin metal resulting in a blade which vibrates and creates sound waves as a result

Extra:
                                            - Ambidextrous
                                            - Bisexual
                                            - Suffers from joint dislocation & joint hyper-mobility: usually both at once and usually not caused intentionally
                                            - Smoker: electronic when in the company of others, roll up cigarettes when he's not
                                            - Scars: covered in scars in various sizes with a large mass of scars on his back
                                            - Transsexual: a result of birth and as such has a petite build, more rounder face and a smaller Adam's apple

Personal: With uni deadlines coming up soon, I will probably will become less active as it becomes closer to the deadline. This will only affect activity in the ooc as I’ll be around less often. If I will be absent as a result I will let you know in advance however a post or so a week should not be an issue. My hand-in dates are at different times so I cannot simply give dates when I'll be less active in advance.

User Image

[ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

Note: I would be more than willing to write a sample post or contact one of my current RP partners from one of my 1x1s to see if I can take a sample if the sample provided aren't adequate.
User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

Our absolute most sincere apologies for not having gotten back to you sooner!
                                                                                There had been a miscommunication on our end, and things were delayed as a result.
                                                                                In any case, congratulations! Your application has been approved!
                                                                                A PM will be sent out shortly to arrange the hard-application. We highly encourage you to

Monday the 30th of March at 11:59 PM MST.

Nara_Sayo

User Image
                                                              User Image

APPLICATION RESULTS

applications. This contest was another where we had great difficulty deciding
                                                                                who to give the role so, but in the end our decision was clear. We sincerely
                                                                                appreciate it and hope that there are no hard feelings for anyone involved!

We will be sending out our evaluations shortly, along with any comments we
                                                                                might have had. Feel free to ask questions if you have any! Given that no
                                                                                other roles are open at this time, we cannot offer any to the applicant who did
                                                                                not get the role, but still greatly appreciate their effort.

CONTEST RESULTS
                                                                                Super Scar
                                                                                Winner: Nara_Sayo

Nara_Sayo
                                                                                merp merpins

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff