Welcome to Gaia! ::

spiked chain I own with it i can take down 2 medium size white dragons by myself im a 6th level fighter
SoReal0
Best nonmagic, starting out weapon? Katana, hands down. 1d10 of damage, plus it gets a natural +1 to Atk., because it is the most masterfully made nonmagic weapon in existence. How can you beat that?

If a katana counts as a starting out weapon, then surely an adamantine katana is far superior.
Spells, longbow, greatsword, theiving tools.

Fashionable Lunatic

5,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Survivor 150
Ak: Mine would be keen scimitar +2; give it to a fight that has whirlwind attack. My god I only needed a 15 to crt! And the DM was just gapping at me as I killed off most of a Troll's barbarian but. 3nodding
longsword & short sword combo. blaugh
dual scimitars, Drizzt style!!
rolled a D100 and got the maximum result and the DM decided to make his own rules about finding sutff and told me I could have anything from the DM guide totalling no more than 40k.

So I, being a ranger, now have a +2 Mighty Composite Shocking Burst Longbow. 1d8+1d6 damage for a regular attack, x3 for a crit and add 2d10's for the burst effect. Add to that the fact that I can now fire 4 seperate arrows each round with my feats, and I could THEORETICALLY deal about 250-275 damage in a single round. Realistically, I've dealt 75-80 in one round with it (what? crits don't come very often sometimes) which still totally kicks a**.

The Dm afterwards decided to be mean and start giving us critters with high DR.... so even my reg. attacks do crap to it (it had a Dr of about 40) but that's a story for another day.
ReketTheBlade
dual scimitars, Drizzt style!!
Congratulations! You are the most original D&D player ever.
I've just picked up 'Races of the Wild' and 'Sandstorm'

and have been treated to one of the most remarkable displays of bonkers weapons to grace D&D...

As if the Double axe wasnt daft enough, we now have the 'Scorpion Claws' from Sandstorm, which seem to be the most impractical hand adornments ever. The Cresent Sythe.. which takes the rediculous double axe to new levels of barlmy-ness, and the Thrombash.. which looks like a blacksmiths nightmare.

From RotW
The 'Foot Spikes' which, although designed and used by new race 'Raptorians' seem to have forgotten that there is no real way a raptoriand foot couls fit in the boot illustrated.. (not that that's surprising,... the illustrators cant seem to aggree what a raptorians hoof looks like anyway... with some pics displaying thick, taloned birdlike feet... others with malformed human-esque feet, with a clawed toe on the heel. this is to be expected.. as the discription is wonderfully nondescriptive when it comes to this part of raptorian anatomy!)
... and the 'Lynx Paw'... suppoosedly a rapier-like blade.. (although the pic quite clearly illustrates a scumitar-come-cutlass) with a morning star dangling off the end...

Brilliant!
I've got two favorite weapons. My favorite melee weapon is the longsword, especially while I'm dual-wielding them. There is just something about the class longsword that makes it so appealing to me. Favorite ranged weapon, well that would be the greatbow. 1D10 damage, x3 crit, oh yeah, it's the shiznit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff