Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daelin
I quote, from the wizards of the coast board:

Quote:

Stop me if I'm wrong.

Half ogre: Large size, +6 strength, -2 int, -2 chr, +1 LA

5 levels of barbarian: +5 bab, 2 feats, rage (+4 strength) twice a day

Warhulk: Prereqs BAB 5, large size, power attack. Benefits: 10 levels gives +20 strength, boulder throwing (strength instead of dex to hit, damage 2d8, hit 4 targets with a single throw).

Hulking hurler: Prereqs BAB 5, large size, 3 level PRC. Benefits: 2 levels gives: Really throw anything (chuck anything up to a light load). Super really throw anything (chuck anything up to a medium load and two size categories above you).

So - we have an 18th level character. His strength is (assuming an 18 to start) 24+4(levels)+4(rage)+20(war hulk) = 52. We can get to 62 with magical items with relative ease.

This makes his medium load 346 (medium load for a strength 22 character) x 256 (4 x 4 x 4 x 4 - +40 strength from the encumberance rules on extending the table) x 3 (because he's large) = 265728.

The end of complete warrior says that a thrown weapon does 5d6 damage for a 400 pound object, plus another 1d6 for every 200 pounds beyond that.

(265728-400)/200 x 1d6 + 5d6 = 1331d6 damage. Plus strength bonus (+39).

An average of about 4697 damage a hit.

Hmm.

Lead weighs in at 712 pounds per cubic foot, so we need 373 cubic feet of lead to throw. As a sphere, that has a diameter of 8.932771693 feet. Which probably falls within the large to colossal size range that our buddy can throw.

And if we buy it as lead sling bullets, it comes in at 1 silver for 5 pounds of lead, making our lead ball cost 5315 (rounded up) gold.

So if 4 targets line up in a row...
Splat.
Splat.
Splat.
Splat.

Painful.
I think that makes 18788 points of damage in blocks of 4697 damage. At that point, who cares about damage resistance!

That is the basis for one of the most interesting power builds around. When you can get the damage up to 168 billion (with a b)d6, you're just ... insane.

I'm with this guy, except, I would use the build on page 17 (I believe it was 17...) that does 4.5billion damage a round.
Peddy

If I was to play something monsterous, its motivations would have to be pretty close to normal or I'd just end up saying screw it and play something I can understand and enjoy.

Me and a few other guys used to pull mosters out of the Monstrous Compendium and play them, it was fun, but the campaigns were never that long- it was usually more fun to make the chars up.

However, I think that I'm a better roleplayer now than I was back then, which was part of what brought up the question in the first place. I almost played a monstrous (probably half-dragon or other template creature) character in this campaign I've been playing in for almost a year now, but ended up being totally human when it turned out to be too difficult to write a backstory for him/it! confused

I did end up writing a really neat story for him, the DM liked it so much, he told the other players to read it or risk losing xp! blaugh

Also, for the campaign that I'm currently running, I gave the players partial carte blanche, it's a "dragon campaign", so everyone started at ECL 6.

Everyone in the room practically lunged for some edition of the Monster Manual, except for one player, who had already decided what he was going to play, and it was out of a copy of Dragon. The character concept fit the creature so well, and he'd already taken the time to explain it to me.

The others, on the other hand, were not so articulate. The lines of the evening:

PC: Yo, I could be an ooze?
Everyone else: <explanations about how oozes have no Int, only exist to eat, etc.>
PC: Allright, could I be a half-ooze?
Me: Dude, how the hell are you going to be a half-ooze?
PC: My moms got raped by an ooze...

And to all you guys who are taking stuff out of the BoEDeeds, shame on you, that book is insane. wink
Oh, and I forgot to mention that there's an ogre in my campaign who was thinking about taking War Hulk AND Hulking Hurler (we are playing with the gestalt feature from the Unearthed Arcana) at the same time... eek

Frankly, I'm worried about the dragons.

That damn ogre already obliterated two guys that I thought would be reasonably challenging- but I got him with a dose of Frightful Presence- (he was a 4HD monster with a lvl adjustment of +2) he failed the save, and had to run and hide under a bed. blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff