Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Mage

12,000 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
How can you tell how many votes you have? Because I couldn't. Guess...I never really get into the top number of votes or something. Gaia really needs to inform us how many votes. Also, I think just focusing it with only three winners seemed a little too narrow. I mean, c'mon, there's like thousands of us and we can't always vote all of them.

Tactical Streaker

16,165 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Night Owl 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
There are two things that really bother me about Runway in general. One, it seems (at least with the color themes) is that unless you're willing to shell out billions in gold you don't really have a chance. And two, its unbalanced in favor of female avatars, if you're a male or paws its highly unlikely you'll win. :/
It does get horribly disheartening sometimes and honestly it's a big part of why I wish they'd add an (anonymous) comments thing; not that people would be likely to say, but I'd love to know why my entries are getting so few votes (other than because of the base I use, because I know that puts me at an automatic disadvantage) - is it that they're not being seen? that they look bad against the stage background? that, on the rare occasions they are seen they're against the item-overloaded females? or that they're just that horrible (and if so, why/how)?
My entry for yesterday's blue contest got 105 votes, putting her on page 33. She met the voter criteria of being "all" blue (a bit of white and a few black spots), albeit I chose light blue over checkmate, and personally I thought she was fairly cute and well-balanced, yet she was down practically in with the 'barely used blue' entries. (not fishing for compliments here, not expecting responses period, really)
Should be interesting to see how my little purple does.. (not my current)

Snuggly Fox

22,075 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
  • Hellraiser 500
~ Aki - Fairy ~
It does get horribly disheartening sometimes and honestly it's a big part of why I wish they'd add an (anonymous) comments thing; not that people would be likely to say, but I'd love to know why my entries are getting so few votes (other than because of the base I use, because I know that puts me at an automatic disadvantage) - is it that they're not being seen? that they look bad against the stage background? that, on the rare occasions they are seen they're against the item-overloaded females?

Okay first, cuuuuuuute! Hope I see your purple today

I believe that those are some of the reasons. That's all I can speculate for now. The current algorithm is horrible. I'm about to dive into another voting session and I expect to see the same spread I did earlier. I'll tell you now that I have refreshed more than voted, and it's not because I didn't like anything cat_4laugh

Sparkly Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Alien Invasion 50
Cherrieee
supergirl23456
how do you see how many votes you got
click the links and yours should be at the top with the vote count heart

I voted for your avatar in the purple runway today..I love it!

Invisible Winner

Jave Chiller
Cherrieee
supergirl23456
how do you see how many votes you got
click the links and yours should be at the top with the vote count heart

I voted for your avatar in the purple runway today..I love it!
thank you <3
I was just voting in the Purple contest and realized that I voted against my own avi lol. I think that's a pretty good sign that no matter how good I *think* my entry is, there will always be much better ones. I feel like you can't really enter with the goal of winning or even placing, just do it to have fun and make the best avi that you can. If you win, it's a bonus. But that's just how I feel about it.

I do notice that I have been taking a lot more time with my entries than I did at first. And when I buy things for my avi, I think about how much mileage I can get from them. Like, will they work with multiple themes? I'm an item hoarder though and I only sell stuff if I absolutely won't use it or just don't like even one item in a set.

All that said, I think I'm pretty much over the color themes. They're too limiting. That said, it's impressive when people are able to come up with something great and creative within those limitations. But after two weeks of the same cycle I'd rather put my energy into something different.

Sparkly Rabbit

26,950 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
~ Aki - Fairy ~
It does get horribly disheartening sometimes and honestly it's a big part of why I wish they'd add an (anonymous) comments thing; not that people would be likely to say, but I'd love to know why my entries are getting so few votes (other than because of the base I use, because I know that puts me at an automatic disadvantage) - is it that they're not being seen? that they look bad against the stage background? that, on the rare occasions they are seen they're against the item-overloaded females? or that they're just that horrible (and if so, why/how)?
My entry for yesterday's blue contest got 105 votes, putting her on page 33. She met the voter criteria of being "all" blue (a bit of white and a few black spots), albeit I chose light blue over checkmate, and personally I thought she was fairly cute and well-balanced, yet she was down practically in with the 'barely used blue' entries. (not fishing for compliments here, not expecting responses period, really)
Should be interesting to see how my little purple does..

There are so many entries submitted into the free runway that I think many avatars get lost in the mass.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff