Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
My Avatar has almost always the exact same Face and Hairstyle.
(Except when I fall in love with something else for a short time).
So far I never saw anyone else with this Combination and I like the feel of it. I have the feeling to be the only one who looks like that.
I love to stick to my Base.
But sometimes, like some of you mentioned before, it can be hard sometimes, to match new Items with it. I love the Teagreen Hair, but it doesn't fit with everything.
A Hair change every now and then is okay. I see it like real life. you can change your Hair, but your Face stays the same.

A while ago, when Gaia was lacking a lot of green Items, I was one of the People who made big Site Feedback Threads about that, begging Gaia for more green Items. People got to know me after a while. When they saw me with my teagreen Hair they recognized me. And I liked that. I recognize others the same way, on their Avatar Styles or their Signatures. Sometimes it's easier to remember than a Username.

I want to stick with my Face and teagreen Hair in the Future, too. I just wish they would come out with new pretty Hairstyles. In the past, lots of the "cool ... Hair" came without teagreen, which made me cry a lot. (not crying for real but you know what I mean)

Indomitable Bro

Yeata Zi

havockitty

/fans happy tears away like a beauty queen
thank u! you like me, you really like me!!
/eats fly
hahaha srsly monster girls/guys rule~ i love all my creepily fashionable brethren. rofl
Ping of Death
I put together this outfit two years ago before Halloween. I decided I didn't want head, arms and legs. I liked it a lot so I never changed it (and then I went on a hiatus). I think I'll stick to it.

You Avatar is like a Piece of Art.
Love it.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It took me quite a long time to come up with a signature avatar as a Hoomin but this used to be my Hoomin avatar:
User Image
But now that I'm a perma-Paw I think my current outfit will be my signature outfit :3
Th0tday
User Image

Is mine considered signature? lol

There are quite a few "melty" items I won't buy because they are "exclusive" or expensive as hell and I won't spend that gold unless I know how I'm going to use the item. It's sort of easier because I just wear this avatar all the time so I guess I just invest my gold into more expensive items but at the same time sometimes I wish I did have more gold for other outfits.

I wouldn't really want to make a bunch of different outfits all the time, though. A lot of the items I'm wearing are gifts from friends or even my halo from B R A I N and I like to wear my gifts from my friends if I can 3nodding It just so happens a majority of those gifts are "melty" or even lavender/black. My SDPlus Gaian is in lav/black but I submitted that avatar before Gaia used more of these items themselves and it was easier to find base items to wear in the theme.

Totally!
Together with your Post Style and Signature, People recognize you immediateley on the Forums. I never saw anyone else cluttered with Mint and Lavender.
I don't even know you at all, but everytime I see you, I'm like "oh it's that Person" xD..

Everyday Loiterer

I have many signature outfits, those get saved to pb while my poor storage "closets" on Gaia have unfinished outfits. xp Seriously....sometimes takes years to find the perfect outfit!!! evil
...Unlike my current which took maybe 20minutes XD

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Paperworm

You Avatar is like a Piece of Art.
Love it.
Aww thanks!

Peculiar Prophet

- Sig avatars. How they came to be? Any experience in them?
Yup! I have a sig 'base' that is almost never altered. By now the majority of you are acquainted with me and thus by extension him. Whatever he's wearing though is free game.

- Does Gaia daily CS updates make things easier or harder for you to stick to a certain theme?
Easier, seeing as when they get stuck on certain themes/color schemes that I have no desire to ever utilize (LOOKING AT YOU MELTY) my wallet gets a breather.

- Do you like the challenges/perks that comes with sig-avatars or no sig-avatars?
There are some constant things that will forever irk me (layering issues due to my horns, of which there are way too many to count) but the 'perks' so to say outweigh being barred from specific item poses/items entirely.

Time-traveling Senshi

I don't have one I have four or five signature looks for a character I've been developing for the last eight years. Once an inexpensive alternative to the white body dye showed up I put it on and never took it off. Sure I experimented with a slight demonic phase but the urge to go back to being a pixie was just too strong back in December of 2012. It felt very good to be a pixie again. I may change wing colors but the base has been the same since the Evangaline wig I have on came out. It's always been the Heavenly Skin, Love's Warrior face, the Rogue Scar, the Tiny Pixie Wings (off white lately), this wig, the Punishing chest mod closest to my skin color, and recently the Rose Commander nose. I may change the hair once in a while but everything else all remains the same. It just wouldn't be my little pixie without it.

clarion's King

Super Model

Signature avatars are something that should come naturally (well, as natural as you can get on the internet). You like a certain combo, find yourself using it a lot, and that just becomes your go-to theme.

What I don't like is when people pretentiously self proclaim themselves to be something, or to like something and want to force others to know it. Your attitude is very much connected to your signature look (if you have one) and personally changes the image of certain items; of which I'll sometimes avoid because I don't want to associate myself with these people in any way.

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
I fell in love with the Loli Pop RIG set that came out about year and a half ago (can't remember the RIG's name, but remember it centered around foods) and slowly built a nice avatar around it.

- Does Gaia daily CS updates make things easier or harder for you to stick to a certain theme?
Once in a blue moon a nice CS item comes out that makes me want to change up my avatar for a few days, but that's it. Loli Pop Hestia is here to stay.

- Do you like the challenges/perks that comes with sig-avatars or no sig-avatars?
I love the perks. No need to constantly keep up with the CS updates. But, I have spent a bit on tickets to make my signature avatar better. sweatdrop It balances out. I probably have ended up spending the same, if not more. But, at least, I know that the items I make will be put to good use and not end up sitting in my inventory.

- Didn't mention it before in other threads, but you guys have good tastes in avatars.
Thank you! GCDers pride themselves on their avatars. heart

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I used to be a 2k4 zombie all the time once the Gambino Egg was released. I just really liked the skin, it was cute and not many people seemed to use it unless it was around Halloween. I didn't join Gaia until 2006, so I'd missed that event and the grombie one, which sucked. I did take some time to read the Labtech journals and I honestly found them to be incredibly interesting to read. So, it was awesome that I could make my avatar a "throw-back" of sorts to that event, even if I hadn't participated.

I took it a step further and decided to always dress my zombie cutely and have sugary snacks equipped. The zombie skin is adorable, especially once you add a little blush to the cheeks. 4laugh

Nowadays, I pretty much stick to having this skin-tone, some kind of nose and the bandage I'm wearing. Everything else is subject to change at any time.

This is pretty much why I stopped being a zombie all the time. The skin is super-limiting when it comes to body mods. The mouth's always open, so it's hard to cover it (the sad ice-cream items have a mouth pose that works pretty well though and fit perfectly with my cutesy theme!) You can't equip eyes over it like you can with the grombie skin and there's a glitch that makes a small part of your right shoulder transparent - so it'll remove any clothing covering it and show the skin underneath.

I really like body mod items. They're fun and allow you to further diversify your avatars. Unfortunately, the zombie skin was kinda holding me back from being able to enjoy the new items that were being released, so I stopped using it. I got quite a few PM's/comments from people who were surprised to not see me as a zombie any more too!

I quite like having a set theme because it makes my avatar feel more personal, I dunno. I could change this up any time, but it is nice to maintain some form of consistency. Eventually, I'd like to start getting more art of my avatar and it'd be great if the art could still be relevant to my current avatar style, if that makes sense.

Merry Traveler

I don't have a sigvatar because there's so many things I want to try out and experiment.
Having a certain combo or item to stick with will only hinder me, so I let myself unrestricted, not even by my base's gender.
I don't think I have style even, there's only what I think pleasant to the eyes.
or sometimes creating avatar I don't like,but I still make them and fond of them because they are my creation.

Constant update in CS can either makes it harder or easier as I can take a break at times or get swamped.
when I get swamped, sadly, I will have to be more selective and remind myself it's pixel.

Baby

My signature avatars are usually just something that matches my mood: Lots of colors, and my style, punkish. @D@
Past few months I've been switching between, rainbow, pastel rainbows, and Cmyk.
I like making colorful punk avatars or pastel pink. @D@

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

On this particular account I want to find a signature look and stick with it. That is, not just one avatar, but one theme, and I think that will be colour, and that colour is going to be mainly pink. Yes, going pink. It's not an original theme, and nobody's going to go "oh look, it's that pink girl" because so many use that colour a lot, but whatever, I like pink biggrin I have my main to do all the other playing around with.
I often wonder what those people who basically stick to one avatar do with all their spare gold, and the time not spent messing with their avatar lol
Now, I'm off to find all things pinkish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff