Do you like the avatar contests?

Yes 0.68292682926829 68.3% [ 28 ]
No 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 5 ]
Meh 0.073170731707317 7.3% [ 3 ]
I always miss them. 0.1219512195122 12.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 >

Stone-cold Loiterer

Thank you for hosting the avatar contests! Even though I've missed out on a few, the ones I've entered have been fantastic. I haven't had this much fun on Gaia in years. I don't know if this was Rance's idea or someone else's, but it doesn't matter because they're freaking awesome.
It's a great way to show off your avatar and see people's creativity in portraying a specific theme while bringing about a sense of community. I've met so many people and made friends that I never would have otherwise, so I thank you and want to let you know that I really love these contests.
I appreciate that hard work you guys put in to judging the avatars and giving out prizes, and I hope these events continue for a long time.

Good job, guys. emotion_dowant

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
They are pretty great. and I wish I had something else to add to that... other than I hope for a lot more avatar contests in the future

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I cant help but feel it's too muddled up to properly judge when there are 50 pages of spam and replies. Yeah, the winners were good, but was every avatar that posted looked at?

Stone-cold Loiterer

dreamsk
I cant help but feel it's too muddled up to properly judge when there are 50 pages of spam and replies. Yeah, the winners were good, but was every avatar that posted looked at?

I think about that too sometimes, but in the end I decide that these contests are better than none at all.
I don't understand why some people are chosen when I thought others blew it out of the water, but it's not me judging and I think it's better that way.
To me it means everyone gets a chance at the win. You never know who it's gonna be.

Some people might think that's not fair, but I go into it as a "this is fun and I'm gonna have fun" thing rather than a "I'm definitely going to win and if I don't, I call shenanigans" kind of thing.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Pegasaurus Rex
dreamsk

I think about that too sometimes, but in the end I decide that these contests are better than none at all.
I don't understand why some people are chosen when I thought others blew it out of the water, but it's not me judging and I think it's better that way.
To me it means everyone gets a chance at the win. You never know who it's gonna be.

Some people might think that's not fair, but I go into it as a "this is fun and I'm gonna have fun" thing rather than a "I'm definitely going to win and if I don't, I call shenanigans" kind of thing.
It'd just be nice if there was a way to enter without getting lost in the traffic of the thread. sweatdrop Quoting perhaps? Quote with a form that says your entering?

I appreciate the community involvement thus far.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love the avatar contests too, even though I've only been in a few of them. I don't post too much in there, but I do like the atmosphere that the contests give, and I'm really happy they're given in the first place. <3

Hinata Sapphire's Husband

Amorous Warlord

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
I have only entered it once, I always seem to be too late but I love seeing all the great entries and I have made a few friends through it. I also like the fact that it brings out our creative sides

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
I only entered the punk one, but I love these community contests! They're quick and fun--seeing what people come up with is awesome. I rarely agree with the winners, but it's still pretty cool and I hope they continue c:

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
I freakin love them!

Yesterday's was the first one I've ever entered, and even though my team didn't even make any sort of list, it was till worth the effort of trying and having fun! 3nodding

Lowkei's Husband

King Lunatic

19,525 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
I know Rance and all the judges have a LOT of fun making them/judging them! heart

Stone-cold Loiterer

dreamsk
It'd just be nice if there was a way to enter without getting lost in the traffic of the thread. sweatdrop Quoting perhaps? Quote with a form that says your entering?

I appreciate the community involvement thus far.

I agree. Maybe they could make a mule account and ask people to message them a link to their entry? Or have a mule they quote, because I'm sure Rance gets quoted a lot aside from the contests.
Gah, I have no idea. I just wish it were easier for them because I know I'd hate to go through 200+ pages individually and find the entries.

Stone-cold Loiterer

bluealaris
I know Rance and all the judges have a LOT of fun making them/judging them! heart

Was it Rance's idea? I'd like to know who it was so I can give them proper credit.

Lowkei's Husband

King Lunatic

19,525 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
Pegasaurus Rex
bluealaris

Was it Rance's idea? I'd like to know who it was so I can give them proper credit.

Its a combination of staff coming up with ideas and judging but Rance is the ring leader in terms of taking the time to organize them and manage it! heart

Stone-cold Loiterer

bluealaris

Its a combination of staff coming up with ideas and judging but Rance is the ring leader in terms of taking the time to organize them and manage it! heart

That's awesome. Thank you!

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
bluealaris

blue, as a GM....you're rocking this.

Thank you so much for your commitment, seriously. The surveys, the avi contests, always keeping us up to date with pressing matters, the way the cash pushes are being held...even the limited gold gens....it's such a great start in the right direction.

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces