Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
A fourth-grader in west Texas has been suspended, his father says, because he pretended to have a ring like the One Ring from The Lord of the Rings canon, and said it could make a classmate disappear.

Dad Jason Steward said he was told his son's claim amounted to making a terrorist threat.

Steward took his story to the Odessa (Texas) American on Friday, saying the boy had seen The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies the preceding weekend. He brought a ring to class and told another kid it would make him vanish.

When Steward confronted the school principal to ask what was going on, he said he was told that threatening another child's safety — whether the threats are magical or otherwise -—are not tolerated.

Neither the principal nor the district's superintendent would comment on the matter to the Odessa American. The New York Daily News got wind of the story and followed up with the dad.

"I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend's existence," Steward told the News. "If he did, I'm sure he'd bring him right back."

This isn't his son's first scrape with authority; the boy has been suspended three times already, once for calling a black classmate black, the other for bringing a book to school that had a drawing of a pregnant woman. The family moved to the school district six months ago.

Pure Imagination

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
[********]

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
What the ********?

Ooooh Texas. Figures.

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PantheaMarlon
This isn't his son's first scrape with authority; the boy has been suspended three times already, once for calling a black classmate black, the other for bringing a book to school that had a drawing of a pregnant woman. The family moved to the school district six months ago.
The ******** kinda school is this, where you get suspended for a book with a pregnant woman on it?

Dad, it's time to move your son to a school that isn't so ******** stupid

Time-traveling Lunatic

I Seriously would question the IQ of this principal lol

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
A Mythic Angel
PantheaMarlon
The ******** kinda school is this, where you get suspended for a book with a pregnant woman on it?

Dad, it's time to move your son to a school that isn't so ******** stupid

Given that level of "problems" they've had out of him, it really looks to me that this child pissed someone off, and now they're just looking for an excuse to be rid of him.

That being said, the school has lost their mind if they think "I have a magic ring that will make you turn invisible if you wear it" is somehow a threat.

Kawaii Shoujo

emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
That kid should of been suspended doesn't he know that our armies are fighting Sauron's orc army across the sea. I'm sure he thinks its funny that the Empire is destroying planets with its death star too.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Oh my god, the stupidity! It hurts! emotion_facepalm
Sakuraus
I Seriously would question the IQ of this principal lol

The principal clearly wants the precious.

Wintry Dragon

The kid must have lent the ring to the principal, but only the principal's brain disappeared.
Better keep that kid away from the finger paints, he could rule them all or organize another 911 lol.
further evidence of american public schools worthlessness and the pussification of americas youth continues.

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Whats worst is, i bet the school is acting in fear. Oh he called a kid black. Suspend him before the kids parents hear about this and come back and blame us for not stopping it. Brought in a book about pregnancy, better suspend him again before a kid comes home and tells his mom what he learned and then again blames us. Same goes for the ring. They just wanted to save their a**.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I don't understand how that was a " threat" seems to me he was just be a kid. Making up pretend things. I don't feel they should of suspended him for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff