Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Victory

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Hero 100
So i went on a hiatus for about a year and I just cant believe how much gaia has inflated.

100,000 is worth like nothing now, it's crazy

tbh i think it seriously needs to be fixed yum_puddi
I laughed when I saw your Name.
Miss, you are already in Wonderland.
4laugh
And believe me, we all want this to be fixed.
But it will not happen.
Instead of getting rid of Gold Generators, they increased Daily Chance, posting and Mini Game Payout. So, no. It will never be like in the olden' Days.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
TakeMeAwayToWonderland
So i went on a hiatus for about a year and I just cant believe how much gaia has inflated.

one million is nothing now ;D
100 million is barely anything now too!

Dapper Pumpkin

15,025 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
You're in for a harsh lesson then there my friend sad The things causing the inflation Gaia has no interest in stopping and to make matters worse they are changing the site so the inflation is justified. For example upping the amount of gold you get for posting, daily chance, etc.

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
TakeMeAwayToWonderland

The short version: Gaia sells gold generators for real money and this year was caught using a staff mule to introduce trillions of gold into the economy.

The longer, me-badly-explaining-things version:
Instead of spending five or ten bucks on GC for an item and flipping it for gold on the MP, people can now spend a dollar to get a chance at huge gold amounts outright. A ton of gold flooded into the economy so people increased MP prices accordingly. Gaia kept trying to do "events" where you dumped tons of gold into a "kickstart" as a way to balance things (also granting achievements and at EXTREMELY high levels granting items), except what that REALLY did was cause more people to buy gold generators. Recently gold payout was increased for daily chance and forum posting, but all that does is help new players temporarily instead of improving anything. People have repeatedly asked staff "why won't Gaia remove gold gens" because Gaia claims they CAN'T remove them but they're ignored and/or staff gives a non-answer, meaning the real answer is "because this makes money." Gaia also tried to hold gold shops hostage then increased gold costs massively in H&R for all items and in all gold shops for newer items as a way to get people to sink more gold - look up "Save Our Louie." *spits*

Anyway, due to the people who own Gaia at the moment it's clear they are not interested in fixing the economy or much of anything else here. The staff we do get to communicate with is, in my opinion, largely powerless to make the kind of changes users are asking for and forced to comply with the company vision.

More in-depth information can be found via the link in my sig (talks about how gold gens are bad and just not buying GC in general because it's supporting a bad business model); there's also a thread called "Kiki and Coco Explain the Gaia Economy" that's very helpful. As for the staff mule and trillions of gold, look up "l33tgate," some of the threads explaining the economy link to the main one where people figured out how Gaia screwed the economy further.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
TakeMeAwayToWonderland

Sadly it won't be fixed. Ever.

The inflation was caused by all the gold gens Gaia kept releasing. And Gaia has told us that as long as there are people who are willing to buy gold gens Gaia will keep releasing them. So inflation will only keep getting worse.

And it doesn't help that they made it so that we can earn more gold just by posting, moving around the site, daily chance ext. Which mean inflation will of course only keep getting worse.

And if you think it's bad that 100,000 gold isn't worth anything I had over 5 billion in gold (and not I didn't get it from a gold gen) and still couldn't find anything I could buy.

Also I hope you weren't one of the people who like Zomg since that's gone now.

Invisible Victory

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Hero 100
phoebe-chan
TakeMeAwayToWonderland

The inflation was caused by all the gold gens Gaia kept releasing. And Gaia has told us that as long as there are people who are willing to buy gold gens Gaia will keep releasing them. So inflation will only keep getting worse.

And it doesn't help that they made it so that we can earn more gold just by posting, moving around the site, daily chance ext. Which mean inflation will of course only keep getting worse.

And if you think it's bad that 100,000 gold isn't worth anything I had over 5 billion in gold (and not I didn't get it from a gold gen) and still couldn't find anything I could buy.

This actually really upsets me. I can remember being such a noob on gaia, my goals were like 50,000 and when i reached them i was so proud 4laugh

Now its all stupid and it'll never get fixed?! i really miss the old gaia. And I loved Zomg! why did they get rid of it?

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
TakeMeAwayToWonderland
Now its all stupid and it'll never get fixed?! i really miss the old gaia. And I loved Zomg! why did they get rid of it?

It won't be fixed. The only way to fix it, is something gaia wont do. EVER.
and Zomg was gotten rid of for the same reason 'towns 2' was made. As in there is a potienal area for hackers to get in and steal stuff and do all that stuff. Even thought towns has that, and it is still up there. In fact I would say ALL their games have this flaw.
Mainly I think that they took it down because it was 'expensive' to keep up and they cut it so that they didn't have to 'pay the upkeep' on it. Its like downsizing basically.

Impassioned Misfit

Jean Noh
TakeMeAwayToWonderland

The short version: Gaia sells gold generators for real money and this year was caught using a staff mule to introduce trillions of gold into the economy.

The longer, me-badly-explaining-things version:
Instead of spending five or ten bucks on GC for an item and flipping it for gold on the MP, people can now spend a dollar to get a chance at huge gold amounts outright. A ton of gold flooded into the economy so people increased MP prices accordingly. Gaia kept trying to do "events" where you dumped tons of gold into a "kickstart" as a way to balance things (also granting achievements and at EXTREMELY high levels granting items), except what that REALLY did was cause more people to buy gold generators. Recently gold payout was increased for daily chance and forum posting, but all that does is help new players temporarily instead of improving anything. People have repeatedly asked staff "why won't Gaia remove gold gens" because Gaia claims they CAN'T remove them but they're ignored and/or staff gives a non-answer, meaning the real answer is "because this makes money." Gaia also tried to hold gold shops hostage then increased gold costs massively in H&R for all items and in all gold shops for newer items as a way to get people to sink more gold - look up "Save Our Louie." *spits*

Anyway, due to the people who own Gaia at the moment it's clear they are not interested in fixing the economy or much of anything else here. The staff we do get to communicate with is, in my opinion, largely powerless to make the kind of changes users are asking for and forced to comply with the company vision.

More in-depth information can be found via the link in my sig (talks about how gold gens are bad and just not buying GC in general because it's supporting a bad business model); there's also a thread called "Kiki and Coco Explain the Gaia Economy" that's very helpful. As for the staff mule and trillions of gold, look up "l33tgate," some of the threads explaining the economy link to the main one where people figured out how Gaia screwed the economy further.
" Gaia kept trying to do "events" where you dumped tons of gold into a "kickstart" as a way to balance things (also granting achievements and at EXTREMELY high levels granting items), except what that REALLY did was cause more people to buy gold generators."
And, thus, the kickstarts fulfilled their purpose.

Gaia's not going to "fix" the economy because it isn't broken because this inflation was calculated. They knew *exactly* what they were doing when they started with gold gens, when they did kickstarts, when 133Tgate happened. Gold gens and 133Tgate have destroyed the value of gold and made it so that people who don't buy cash can't do s**t. It's an indirect way of making things pay to play. This is in Gaia's favor. This was orchestrated, completely. It's not going back.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
TakeMeAwayToWonderland
phoebe-chan
TakeMeAwayToWonderland

This actually really upsets me. I can remember being such a noob on gaia, my goals were like 50,000 and when i reached them i was so proud 4laugh

I know right. When I first started on Gaia if someone had 10,000 gold they were rich. Now that won't buy you jack. Heck even the gold shops are upping their prices.

As for Zomg Gaia claims that they had to remove Zomg because it was a security risk to the users. Which maybe true but most of the users don't believe it because there are very few people who believe anything Gaia says nowadays.

phoebe-chan
TakeMeAwayToWonderland
phoebe-chan
TakeMeAwayToWonderland

I know right. When I first started on Gaia if someone had 10,000 gold they were rich. Now that won't buy you jack. Heck even the gold shops are upping their prices.

As for Zomg Gaia claims that they had to remove Zomg because it was a security risk to the users. Which maybe true but most of the users don't believe it because there are very few people who believe anything Gaia says nowadays.

I'm having so much fun cooking today! Well... I guess I was....

Magnetic Phantom

Yeah, the economy is really down the drain and they don't seem to be making a serious effort to fix it.
My biggest problem with this, aside from all those unnecessary zeroes that even they cannot count anymore, is that this makes it much harder for anyone who doesn't spend cash to get anywhere on the site.
It's also been a factor in many people I know either quitting or becoming less active.

[NPC] Rina
Really? Was this an ingredient in your recipe?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lonely Lunatic

[NPC] Rina

What does that have to do with economy?

Magnetic Phantom

Cute Bally
[NPC] Rina

What does that have to do with economy?
Luckily, less than it might have.
Really, I'm glad that Gaia is non-essential and that we can still more or less use much of the site without having to spend money or gold on it.
(If they did put a price tag on every last thing, I'd just quit tho.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff