• Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Erholung
Ratttking
Erholung
Ratttking
Erholung

School lunches are paid for by the parents. I remember my dad writing checks for each of us for our lunch allowance at school. We had to punch in our pin number to pay for our lunch when we got our tray of food. Those funds go into the budget for food for the students. So if the children are covered by food stamps at the school, the school actually gets a bonus sum of cash to help families in need. In this case, while the school was getting an extra bonus to feed these boys, they denied him and kept the cash.

That's nothing like the system was at my school. We paid cash to our teachers first thing each day that we wanted to get the cafeteria meal, or we brought lunchboxes. They knew how much food to make that day based on how many kids paid. Can you show me proof that this school received the alleged payments via food stamps?

Here. And how each state handles their lunch system could be different. My father wrote a $50 check for each of us and we gave it to the teacher to give to the school's office. We all were given a PIN to pay when we received our food.

If you are asking me to prove to you this specific school used the stamps, how about proving they didn't. You are the one making the claim that the family was useless. The proof is on you first.

Not sure what your link is for, as I am aware of the free lunch program, its creation was just another moronic action committed by Truman and it should be eliminated.

It is your job to prove your claims. I believe they are worthless both because they are on assistance and because they want to pull out their children over such a minor incident.

No, what is moronic is sending precious resources like food, water, medical supplies and other necessities to other countries to feed their urchin children and families. What is moronic is caring for illegal immigrants in our own country and granting them permission to stay with their anchor spawns.

Caring for our own people? I’m all for.
      Aiding our own people in need? I’m all for.
      Financial aid for colleges and schooling? I’m all for (which people don’t seem to get is a form of public assistance like welfare).

You do realize these sort of welfare aids do not last longer than five years and you have to earn it by doing work for your county or state. If you do not have a fulltime job, 40 hours a week, and you have assistance in health, food or cash then you have to come into their workforce center to do a certain amount of hours to earn the money. If you don’t then your account gets sanctioned every month until they close it and you cannot reapply for seven months.

During this year of 2014, they have implemented a hold on families having more children. In other words, let’s say you have two children and you are on welfare, you have to sign a contract stating that if you have another child that the state will not cover their food, cash, medical, et cetera.

If we weren’t so busy “helping” the urchins of other countries and the illegal immigrants sneaking into our homes then a thing like welfare would be fine and the good thing it’s supposed to be.

That is what is moronic.

I agree completely regarding the first paragraph. Re the second, I do not wish to care for anyone's urchins, here or abroad.

Financial aid is not the same as welfare unless it is a federal or state funded scholarship that is not based on merit. Loans have to be paid back, if that were the case with welfare I'm sure fewer people would be on it.

That is not how welfare works in my state.

Newbie Pumpkin

that's the kinda of backwards crap the cow of chatterbox found in school..... that's stuff isn't right!! User Image User Image User Image

Witty Conversationalist

Ratttking
Erholung
Ratttking
Erholung
Ratttking
Erholung

School lunches are paid for by the parents. I remember my dad writing checks for each of us for our lunch allowance at school. We had to punch in our pin number to pay for our lunch when we got our tray of food. Those funds go into the budget for food for the students. So if the children are covered by food stamps at the school, the school actually gets a bonus sum of cash to help families in need. In this case, while the school was getting an extra bonus to feed these boys, they denied him and kept the cash.

That's nothing like the system was at my school. We paid cash to our teachers first thing each day that we wanted to get the cafeteria meal, or we brought lunchboxes. They knew how much food to make that day based on how many kids paid. Can you show me proof that this school received the alleged payments via food stamps?

Here. And how each state handles their lunch system could be different. My father wrote a $50 check for each of us and we gave it to the teacher to give to the school's office. We all were given a PIN to pay when we received our food.

If you are asking me to prove to you this specific school used the stamps, how about proving they didn't. You are the one making the claim that the family was useless. The proof is on you first.

Not sure what your link is for, as I am aware of the free lunch program, its creation was just another moronic action committed by Truman and it should be eliminated.

It is your job to prove your claims. I believe they are worthless both because they are on assistance and because they want to pull out their children over such a minor incident.

No, what is moronic is sending precious resources like food, water, medical supplies and other necessities to other countries to feed their urchin children and families. What is moronic is caring for illegal immigrants in our own country and granting them permission to stay with their anchor spawns.

Financial aid for colleges and schooling? I’m all for (which people don’t seem to get is a form of public assistance like welfare).

You do realize these sort of welfare aids do not last longer than five years and you have to earn it by doing work for your county or state. If you do not have a fulltime job, 40 hours a week, and you have assistance in health, food or cash then you have to come into their workforce center to do a certain amount of hours to earn the money. If you don’t then your account gets sanctioned every month until they close it and you cannot reapply for seven months.

During this year of 2014, they have implemented a hold on families having more children. In other words, let’s say you have two children and you are on welfare, you have to sign a contract stating that if you have another child that the state will not cover their food, cash, medical, et cetera.

If we weren’t so busy “helping” the urchins of other countries and the illegal immigrants sneaking into our homes then a thing like welfare would be fine and the good thing it’s supposed to be.

That is what is moronic.

I agree completely regarding the first paragraph. Re the second, I do not wish to care for anyone's urchins, here or abroad.

Financial aid is not the same as welfare unless it is a federal or state funded scholarship that is not based on merit. Loans have to be paid back, if that were the case with welfare I'm sure fewer people would be on it.

Then I think other states need to do what my state is doing. Minnesota seems to be doing things right.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Wow, OK. That's just not right. Here in NC, at least, elementary and middle schools are required to provide food for students no matter what. I know this because I ended up with a negative balance quite a few times in middle school. It seems that there was some kind of error here on the school's part, and it's entirely possible that this particular lunch lady also hated this boy for some unknown reason.

Kawaii Shoujo

That's just awful taking a child's lunch away from him like that, Xavier's father was right that the children need to eat in order to concentrate in their classes.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Erholung
Ratttking
Erholung
Ratttking
Erholung

That is what is moronic.

Then I think other states need to do what my state is doing. Minnesota seems to be doing things right.

It sounds like a good idea. Has there been backlash about what will happen when some of the people who signed a contract not to breed while on welfare breed anyway? Because they will, you know.
fairy-phoenix
That's just awful taking a child's lunch away from him like that, Xavier's father was right that the children need to eat in order to concentrate in their classes.

I have to ask.

Is your avi inspired by Mighty Max, because that's ******** awesome if it is.
A school is for education and people do not learn well when distracted by hunger. This is crap. Though I could not force myself to eat school food.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Sorry, denying kids basic needs over some petty bullshit like this is child abuse. Also, fire the lunch lady for emotionally abusing that child, with the verbal abuse as well as making sure to mock him in front of his peers, which will likely have long-standing social repercussions.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I'm very confused on this "free lunch" program and the kid having a negative balance. If he has to pay, it's not free. Now, when I went to school (back in the dark ages), if I forgot my lunch and had no money, I got a crappy sandwich and a milk. When my mom went to school, they didn't even have that. She survived for years on tuna fish and cottage cheese.

So, who was supposed to be paying for his lunch? And, personally, I think they should have given him his lunch and sent him home with a warning. Maybe, you need to put more money in the account in a week, so that the family has a chance to fix this so the boy can eat lunch. To just let it slide until you're snatching a lunch away is just cruel.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
No child should ever be denied lunch. Their parents pay property taxes to support the schools; that should suffice.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Scarred Sword Heart
No child should ever be denied lunch. Their parents pay property taxes to support the schools; that should suffice.
Not all parents own property thus not all pay property taxes.

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
Should the school have denied him lunch? It's in their right if there's no error on their accounting, provided a slip or note would have been given much earlier. Without a doubt, I can guarantee that quite a few kids would have volunteered to give him fruit and veggies they didn't personally want, but were forced to take because a teacher was watching them.

All the waste going into those trashcans with 3 day old apples and peaches; it'd have cost the school nothing to ask the student body if they'd like to volunteer a few edibles to the kid. If you're going to shame the kid, at least give him the benefit of a half-filled tummy. It'd be better for everyone if the fruit didn't end up in the trash.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Ratttking
Quote:
Eric says it’s left such a bad taste in his mouth, he’s thinking of removing his children from the school.
Good. Less money will need to be spent by taxpayers to support your brats, and meanwhile, you can tighten your belt so that the 2 meals per day they were getting at school can be prepared at home out of your food stamp allotment.

What a worthless family.

i agree with you. i work my a** of at work to pay for this guy to sit on his a** at home. id be happy to know one less person is mooching off me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff