Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes because telling users to leave really solves anything.

"Don't like the site? Leave!" rolleyes

Let's all ignore the problems with Gaia and tell anyone who has an issue with it to leave, yes, perfect plan! Then after all the opposers are gone we can completely live in denial.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
guns and wings

and where did I say leave? Nowhere , I said take a break which is different. Sometimes you must step away from a computer if you’re getting too involved. The OP seems to hate everything here ,so I suggested a break in which they can clear their head, come back and see if they feel the same. Yes, they’ve always been for that , and that’s your opinion on what they do. They ‘re designed to take gold out of the system , much like Gold shops do and the MP tax. So yes, in away they fight inflation with the removal of gold > ALthough you may be correct that all they do now is slow things down.

I have a tissu
vc60gvah:1="I have a tissue”]

I have to agree with you Tissue, right now they may not be working as well as they want. WHich is most likely why they have a ton of them to make up for that. Or at least, they’re trying to make up for that since they refuse to stop selling. gold generators
veko kitty
Yes because telling users to leave really solves anything.

"Don't like the site? Leave!" rolleyes

Let's all ignore the problems with Gaia and tell anyone who has an issue with it to leave, yes, perfect plan! Then after all the opposers are gone we can completely live in denial.

Sometimes that can be what it takes before a business finds out how badly they screwed the pooch.

Gaia needs us more than what we need them. It's no skin off my nose if they lose another customer with expendable income that is fine with spending it on other stuff. They should be competing for our favor, not the other way around.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Tsuki_Kirkland

I bold and replied underneath your quote, which implies that part was directed to you/which part I was addressing. The top part was directed to others hence why it was above your quote.
No, it's not an opinion on what they do, those are facts. Just because there is tons of misinformation spreading within this community doesn't make them any close to be true; that's what happens when people make choices of just listening to others without any actual educational reasoning behind it.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Touch the Spirit
Pretty Pea Princess
You should quit this site. No one is forcing you to stay on this site. I fail to understand why you even attempt to subject your self to such "torture".
You know, I hate it when people tell others to quit the site. I've been told to quit the site before because of my complaints and believe me, I might be doing just that by the end of the month because it's no longer just Gaia but the community that's also become worse for me to take part in as well. I only just come to play with my items on a new account I'm moving to because I don't want to deal with people anymore. I feel the site as a whole is becoming ugly.

Also telling people to quit the site because of their feelings and complaints that you see all the time in SF is lame and pushing needed members to continue Gaia's activity by saying that is not helping Gaia at all. But if yu think it is go ahead and continue telling people to leave the site if they're unhappy with it but you have a ton of people to tell that to.

And please don't tell me that, I've been told it enough to not give a damn anymore.

I really hate this statement too. It just shows how sad of a state the site has gotten to when existing members want more Gaians to leave. All they are hurting are themselves since Gaia will probably push more cash sales announcements on them. At OP though, taking a hiatus is fine and all, but please don't quit for good. Every Gaians is important to the site. I guess if enough Gaians push enough Gaians off the site, other avatar sites will continue to grow like recolor.me, Solia, and Ernya just to name a few sites Gaians have the site for good for.

Relentless Glitch

Scobre

Are people in these sites? I've taken to lurking but they seem deserted. However, I am using Gaia's user load as a basis and that may not be fair.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Dalia Royce
Scobre

Are people in these sites? I've taken to lurking but they seem deserted. However, I am using Gaia's user load as a basis and that may not be fair.

Yep a lot of them have mentioned how much less drama the sites have, how much better the economies are, and Gaia is like an evil term on the sites. xd I'm on recolor.me myself and enjoying it. The customization of colors is amazing on the items there and the games are generally a lot better than Gaia's items. Fun word games in them and place to post art. I haven't visited the other sites, but I have had friends that have and enjoy it. I also found a few Gaians on Aura Kingdom which I also play that play that MMORPG now instead of going on Gaia. I guess unless Gaians venture on other sites, they don't realize how many members have actually left the site. So many statuses of friends saying that if zOMG! doesn't come back, they are leaving Gaia for good too. I'm just amazed how the community doesn't care if the site numbers remain high or not. It's like all they care about is gold and items now, which is sad. Storyline is hardly mentioned by members too anymore. It's like features are rapidly becoming outdated on the site and Gaians just don't care anymore. Not sure what the future of Gaia holds, but it's looking rather too boring if it just includes cash shop updates and nothing else. At least the ATS is bringing a few positive changes. I'm freaking tired of the Gaia needs money excuse especially since I'm an accountant myself. Gaia will not remain in business long term if Gaians are unhappy. It's not that hard of a concept to get that happy customers means better profits. Any normal business would know this. I'm just waiting for Gaia to wake up and realize this. Alchemy and the manga are both in trouble right now. I hope that Gaians actually get the guts to fight for both of them in a civil manner.

Sorry venting isn't directed towards you, just that line if you don't like it then leave is becoming a broken record on the site like the inflation and GG topics.

Relentless Glitch

Scobre
I'm just wondering at this point if Gaia survived having happy members but not having a lot of money. Even happy members can still be non-buying members. I'm curious to see if rainbows can indeed sustain a site this big or maybe they have to downsize.

6,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
Seems to be pretty wide spread opinion these days that this site sucks hard now. It's disgusting how much it's fallen in not a long time at all. Our complaints will do nothing though, this site has clearly ruined itself beyond repair and it's only a matter of time before it shuts down. Yes....I've lost all hope for this place.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Dalia Royce
Scobre
I'm just wondering at this point if Gaia survived having happy members but not having a lot of money. Even happy members can still be non-buying members. I'm curious to see if rainbows can indeed sustain a site this big or maybe they have to downsize.

Seems like they have for 10 years that way, which probably didn't work well for them either. It's a fine balancing act to grow a business and keep customer retention at the same time. Gaia is just failing at it right now. I don't mind Gaia making money, but they are so limited in how they are doing it. I mean they could sell products that don't piss users off like the GGs. Gaians would love to have new fish, new furniture, new fishing poles, new rally cars, and new zOMG! items too. I secretly would love to have a TARDIS to race in rallies. I think Gaia likened itself to a pool with a snack bar. So in a sense, no point of using the pool if it isn't maintained well and dirty. The site provides a service, so if they just provide the snack bar aka the cash shop and don't maintain the pool aka the site as a whole, people will tend to leave and find another pool. Anyway it's possible to make money and keep Gaians happy at the same time. Numerous of larger business than Gaia have done it, Gaia is more than capable to do the same. If Gaia had really played its cards right, it could have been as popular as the Sims franchise by now. Gaia has the potential of being popular and profitable, they just need to get the motivation to do it. Bringing back the ATS is a good start and hopefully it brings more positive changes. I guess Gaia needs to blend a little bit of the old Gaia with the new Gaia to make a really cool site to visit. I wish there were more social features of the site. Non-buying members can turn into buying members. I myself abuse Gaia cash offers to death. I may not spend my own money on items, but Gaia still gets profit from me whenever I make a purchase. I did see a lot of auto-cash subscribers cancel their subscription with that 133T thread. That was a mess.

Anyway on topic I know we can't prevent members from leaving or spending/not spending on the site. But we should be providing a welcoming community for future Gaians to visit at least. Whether Gaia makes money or not is not our responsibility, it is Gaia's. They are a business, not a charity case. I feel sad for Gaians that are so stressed about items, gold, and whether or not the site will survive or not. All they should be worrying about is how silly and fun an experience they can have on the site. I'm just happy I've made quite a lot of long lasting friendships through Gaia. Site and items may stay or go away, but those friendships won't. It's just nice to know there are so many cool and different people on the site.

Relentless Glitch

Scobre
I think the transition to a full business occurred in 07. I have felt that was the time when the founders slowly turned the reigns of the site over to someone with more skill and experience handling a bigger business. It just took this long before someone went full-on cray-cray with what a corporation means and sadly, that seems incongruent with many of the users desires. I don't really agree about that part where Gaia is solely responsible with the site's profit margin particularly if it does appear that the major funding is definitely crowdsourced rather than sponsor-driven or investment-born as compared to the golden years. That's the reality I see with Gaia. However, I do agree with you that Gaia bumbles its way through the whole process. Short-sighted and unsustained projects are best for basement-based hobbies, but not something with a life and personality as this company. There is always a bias depending where you are. As a regular user, my expectation of a free game/forum is my goal where I get free s**t all the time. Gaia wants money to please their shareholders. Not seeing a clear compromise with what we have right now. I am not too happy with the trickle of site advancement compared to the item development at this stage. It's like people are paying for things that will cause them to pay for more of those things that will cause them to pay...and so on.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Dalia Royce
Scobre
I think the transition to a full business occurred in 07. I have felt that was the time when the founders slowly turned the reigns of the site over to someone with more skill and experience handling a bigger business. It just took this long before someone went full-on cray-cray with what a corporation means and sadly, that seems incongruent with many of the users desires. I don't really agree about that part where Gaia is solely responsible with the site's profit margin particularly if it does appear that the major funding is definitely crowdsourced rather than sponsor-driven or investment-born as compared to the golden years. That's the reality I see with Gaia. However, I do agree with you that Gaia bumbles its way through the whole process. Short-sighted and unsustained projects are best for basement-based hobbies, but not something with a life and personality as this company. There is always a bias depending where you are. As a regular user, my expectation of a free game/forum is my goal where I get free s**t all the time. Gaia wants money to please their shareholders. Not seeing a clear compromise with what we have right now. I am not too happy with the trickle of site advancement compared to the item development at this stage. It's like people are paying for things that will cause them to pay for more of those things that will cause them to pay...and so on.

Yeah I couldn't agree more. It is interesting to see how funding from sponsors has transferred to users now. I guess what I meant is yes Gaia has to make money, but if Gaians aren't spending because of being bored on the site, then it's Gaia's responsibility to give Gaians a reason to spend their money. It's like Gaia can't expect Gaians to spend money and get a poor service in return forever. It only works for so long. I hope things like the ticketing service gets improved. Standard business response is 2 days with most companies and took Gaia 18 days to respond to a ticket I did to test out the response time. Yes free stuff is always wonderful, especially those free grants. I know shareholders are important to Gaia, but the community should be as well. There is a lot of compromise I think both Gaia and users can do to make a better site. I guess we can only hope for the best for the future. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff