Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Gekko

-facepalm- The fact that people were being so rude and negative to OP, is upsetting. OP was just trying to express herself, and got her head bitten off by overly aggressive non supportive parties. Which, is ridiculous. Nobody should be told to leave, just because they are upset with the site. I've posted my distaste with Gaia many times, and I haven't once been told to leave or return to hiatus. In fact, people who really care about the state of Gaia, support people who b***h about how effed Gaia is, now. Sure they are, "trying" to fix things, but in all honesty, they're just sugar coating a burnt malformed cookie. Put all the sprinkles an s**t ya want on it, it's still gonna taste terrible. It's not until they get to the heart of the problem, and REALLY listen to the user base, that things will start looking up for Gaia's future. The fact of the matter is, Gaia is effed up now, they put out GGs and GC sales during tiered and "gold sink" events, that completely cancel one another out, so they ARE NOT FIXING INFLATION, they're just tryin to make it look like they are. And when someone takes a peek under that large curtain they're hiding behind, they flip out and start blowing more smoke to throw everyone off their game. Gaia, is about money now. Not their user base. Over half the users of the site ARE GONE. Telling and pushing more users to.leave is just going to just tighten that noose on Gaia's neck, even more.
So, really, if you love this site, don't tear into someone who is actually upset with something they saw as a HOME. :/ I know, many people after half of the second page weren't being complete knobs to OP, but those who were, shame on you. Shame on you for calling yourselves Gaians. Gaia was/is supposed to be about community and yeah, you may not fully agree, but don't be a dink about it. You have no right to tell people to leave, or hiatus, because that doesn't solve anything. It just pushes the site you're supposed to love, deeper into the garbage disposal.

...Sorry about the rant/rambles. SF is supposed to be where you express your concerns and hurt, due to.the site. And, the OP tried that and for the most part got shat on, which shouldn't happen.

reviali's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

27,025 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Touch the Spirit
Pretty Pea Princess
You should quit this site. No one is forcing you to stay on this site. I fail to understand why you even attempt to subject your self to such "torture".
You know, I hate it when people tell others to quit the site. I've been told to quit the site before because of my complaints and believe me, I might be doing just that by the end of the month because it's no longer just Gaia but the community that's also become worse for me to take part in as well. I only just come to play with my items on a new account I'm moving to because I don't want to deal with people anymore. I feel the site as a whole is becoming ugly.

Also telling people to quit the site because of their feelings and complaints that you see all the time in SF is lame and pushing needed members to continue Gaia's activity by saying that is not helping Gaia at all. But if yu think it is go ahead and continue telling people to leave the site if they're unhappy with it but you have a ton of people to tell that to.

And please don't tell me that, I've been told it enough to not give a damn anymore.

Thank you for that
The 'don't like it? GTFO' attitude is annoying as hell

:/ i personally believe that gaia is at a low rn
Everything that made it special is slowly getting wrecked to the point that this site just simply isn't the same anymore cat_sweatdrop

Adorable Hellraiser

14,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
Touch the Spirit
Pretty Pea Princess
You should quit this site. No one is forcing you to stay on this site. I fail to understand why you even attempt to subject your self to such "torture".
You know, I hate it when people tell others to quit the site. I've been told to quit the site before because of my complaints and believe me, I might be doing just that by the end of the month because it's no longer just Gaia but the community that's also become worse for me to take part in as well. I only just come to play with my items on a new account I'm moving to because I don't want to deal with people anymore. I feel the site as a whole is becoming ugly.

Also telling people to quit the site because of their feelings and complaints that you see all the time in SF is lame and pushing needed members to continue Gaia's activity by saying that is not helping Gaia at all. But if yu think it is go ahead and continue telling people to leave the site if they're unhappy with it but you have a ton of people to tell that to.

And please don't tell me that, I've been told it enough to not give a damn anymore.

I love this response. Thank you.

Clockwork Astronomer

What is up with people being so "if you don't like it, you can quit" about this?
What's happened to the community? Are those of us who liked the old Gaia now enemies to this place?

I understand that it makes some people happy to see constant item updates and are maybe used to the new Gaia or never experienced the old Gaia, but its really dividing the community to create hate between the GC and non-GC users.

People have always ranted about issues, and in Site Feedback, it's good to have both sides competing for the front page to try and give the staff who monitor this forum an idea of what kind of opinions are shared within their userbase. If you don't like someone's feedback, discuss the pros and cons together. And if you don't want to have a discussion, just ignore the feedback you don't agree with. But telling people to leave is unnecessary. It's not even an argument; it's just trying to bully someone into silence because they have a differing opinion. :T

Angelic Regular

8,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
People here are jerks now, believe it or not. They think no one is entitled to complain. Geez people, have you not complained about something at least once in your life?
Tsuki_Kirkland
Those “Shitty” gold sinks as you call them are designed to help fight inflation.
Not when they are still selling what is causing the inflation. All the sinks do while the cause is still there is encourage people to spend more gc.

Tsuki_Kirkland
Tek Tek hasn’t been updated in a while, and that’s nothing to do with Gaia. In fact no one but Tekton who makes it knows why he stopped updating. So your claim about that is baseless.
Updating hasn't stopped. Actually, there's a handful of people that work on adding the items to tektek and the backlog right now is huge even with some people working on it constantly as fast as they can. It really is overwhelming right now. (If anybody is interested in helping to add item images to tektek, inquire about it in the thread in guides and resources. More help = heart ) I'm still not opposed to how much stuff we get and how fast necessarily, just as long as the quality of execution of the items remains consistent . . . which it hasn't. sad Also, I strongly object to how short a time so many of these items are available.

Cluttered Businesswoman

bluecherry

The purpose of gold sinks are to stabilize inflation. People have the right to buy Gaia cash if they choose to do so. In the long run, gold generators and inflation are here to stay.
Pretty Pea Princess
bluecherry

The purpose of gold sinks are to stabilize inflation. People have the right to buy Gaia cash if they choose to do so. In the long run, gold generators and inflation are here to stay.
"People have the right to buy Gaia cash if they choose to do so." I never said or meant otherwise. I don't object to people using gc. I do object to them using it on gold gens though and to staff attempting to manipulate people into buying gc.

"stabalizing" =/= fixing inflation. That just means people are putting real money and/or effort into just throwing stuff down a hole not even to make things *better*, but just to try to keep them from getting even worse. Which may still fail too.

If this hyper inflation favoring gc usage SO heavily is "here to stay", then Gaia isn't.

Cluttered Businesswoman

bluecherry
"People have the right to buy Gaia cash if they choose to do so." I never said or meant otherwise. I don't object to people using gc. I do object to them using it on gold gens though and to staff attempting to manipulate people into buying gc.

"stabalizing" =/= fixing inflation. That just means people are putting real money and/or effort into just throwing stuff down a hole not even to make things *better*, but just to try to keep them from getting even worse. Which may still fail too.

If this hyper inflation favoring gc usage SO heavily is "here to stay", then Gaia isn't.

People do also have the right to spend their Gaia cash on gold generators as they are a current Gaia feature. The purpose of gold sinks are not to fix inflation. As I said earlier, in the long run, gold generators and inflation are here to stay. The duration of Gaia's existence is another debate.
Pretty Pea Princess
bluecherry

People do also have the right to spend their Gaia cash on gold generators as they are a current Gaia feature. The purpose of gold sinks are not to fix inflation. As I said earlier, in the long run, gold generators and inflation are here to stay. The duration of Gaia's existence is another debate.
The "right"? It isn't illegal or against the rules and I'm not about to try to hack their accounts or something like that to stop them from using gold gens, but that doesn't make it all peachy keen. If gold sinks are only intended to slow inflation somewhat or hold it steady at most, then they are being presented deceptively because until recent times they were always meant to reduce inflation and there has never been any wide declaration of a change in policy and many people clearly do still think the gold sinks are meant to fix inflation. The duration of Gaia's existence is not another matter from how it is being run.

Cluttered Businesswoman

bluecherry

It is quite obvious that gold sinks cannot stop inflation. As long as gold generators exist, inflation will occur. Gold sinks, at the very most, can stabilize inflation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff