Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

17,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Hero 100
Has anyone seen the live action Sailor Moon series?
It's like Sailor Moon crossed with Power Rangers.
Yes!

And I love that version to death. My favorite thing about it was the added additional characters and takes on other characters like mercury and motoki.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
PGSM is awesome! I loved that they made a live action version with their hair color being different from what they have normally in the anime.

Beloved Shapeshifter

17,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
SPOILER WARNING
I hate that they kill Sailor Venus off in the
PGSM. scream

Timid Bunny

i didnt really got into it, some of the music is good but i dont know for sure, maybe because i didnt either got into power rangers back in the old days...
Amanda Kawaii-chan
SPOILER WARNING
I hate that they kill Sailor Venus off in the
PGSM. scream

I hate the -way- they kill her off. It seems so unnecessarily bleak and pointless compared to the tone of the rest of the series/franchise.

I did like a lot of the other directions they went with, though.
That Princess Sailor Moon was almost villainous herself in her fanatical desire to be with Endymion, that she was the one who destroyed the Moon Kingdom in her grief, the nature of Usagi and Mamoru's relationship and how they come to love each other inspite of destiny instead of because of it
were really unique perspectives to take.

Beloved Shapeshifter

17,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
Anyways, I think I like Sailor Moon Crystal best so fair.
The 90s Sailor Moon is fun and all, but I like the Crystal
series cause it stays more true to the awesome manga.

Wintry Dragon

I watched the whole thing twice. I love the music as well.

In a relationship with Golden Captain

Perfect Citizen

User Image
I adore PGSM emotion_kirakira
I like how campy and over the top it could be while still
maintaining some truly heartbreaking moments - it knew when
to throw punches to the gut and when to keep things light and
goofy.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I was thinking Power Rangers too when I saw it. emotion_kirakira

Shameless Receiver

9,925 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Well Sailor Moon is partially inspired by shows like Power Rangers, so that makes sense.

I've yet to finish it. I started watching it back when I was like 15-16, but lost interest halfway through. I only resumed at the episode I left off at a couple days ago. Somehow I still remember all the important details up to that point.
I adore PGSM! heart

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
Is it accurate to the manga? I might watch it.

Magical Tree

i watched maybe 2 episodes.

it was hard to watch because it was plastic-y and Luna kind of scares me.
that style of cg animation is weird to me. they did that with the care bears and i couldn't watch it at all. so Luna being the same style is... not comfortable.

but if i recall - Tuxedo Mask was cute!

ZacktheGreat's Widower

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
I seen large chunks of this series. I can say I don't like it. Yeah, some of the episodes are good. I like the look of their costumes. I just hate their take on certain characters, such as Princess Sailor Moon. She goes vengeful like out of the ring at times.

Plus, how the series ended was a bit of a let down. I don't mean the last episode. Thats a whole new story. I mean the special movie. Usagi and Mamoru get captured. Now the sailor scouts can't transform. They need to use the Sailor sword to reactivate their powers and it only works for 1 day. Meanwhile the four generals still have some of their abilities. The highlight of the movie is seeing them come in to protect the main characters. They do so with utter style!

This series also made me realize how chibi-mmon could have been. I mean Sailor Luna. She goes from a plushie to a little girl in a fuku. Chibi-moon is way more useful then this.

I didn't mind Sailor Mercury being evil. Her outfit rocked. Its why she turns evil thats weak. The group is arguing and not as close as they started. This makes her feel bad. crying In that moment of weakness, she gets abducted and turned evil. I was not impressed. Her redemption made up for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff