Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Omagh’s ‘Shawshank Husband’ Dug Tunnel From Bedroom To Pub Over 15 Years

Quote:
An Omagh plumber tunnelled a hole from under his bed to the local pub 800 feet from his house over the course of 15 years, a court heard today.

Patsy Kerr had been summonsed to Omagh County Court after it emerged he had been the cause of a collapsed sewage pipe from a neighbouring house. Kerr told the court about his secret tunnel and the reasons behind it:

“The wife has a bad snore on her and after watching the Shawshank Redemption on RTE one night in 1994, I decided to do something about it so I waited til she was in a deep sleep and then set about digging a hole under the bed in the direction of the pub. I used all manner of tools from spoons to a heavy duty tunnel boring machine I managed to sneak down there when she was at the shops. It wasn’t until 2009 that I hit the jackpot and came up through the women’s toilet mop and bucket room.”

Kerr explained how he spent the last five years heading to the pub via his tunnel at 11pm before returning at 1am, undetected by his deep sleeping wife:

“To be honest I was sort of glad I was caught. She was always smelling drink off me in the morning and I was explaining it away as a natural odour. But recently I was finding myself singing rebel songs and stuff coming back up the tunnel and it was only a matter of time before I was caught anyhow. The landlord was also wondering how I was just appearing out of nowhere at the same time every night and disappearing from the women’s toilets.”

The tunnel was finally discovered after the DOE performed a survey on a sewage problem which turned out to be caused by a pipe Kerr had hit accidentally, causing sewage to leak into his tunnel over five years. The judge questioned Kerr’s wife as to why she never smelt the sewage odours from her husband. Mrs Kerr simply shrugged.

http://tyronetribulations.com/2014/09/25/omaghs-shawshank-husband-dug-tunnel-from-bedroom-to-pub-over-15-years/

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

This sounds like what Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin would concot.o-o;

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Yuki_Windira

Im kinda surprised this isnt an episode yet.

Kawaii Shoujo

Holidazed
Yuki_Windira

Im kinda surprised this isnt an episode yet.
Wouldn't be surprised to see that in a future episode... if I still watched those two series.

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
hes got to be a good tunnel maker if he worked on it alone for so many years and it managed to stay up for 5 years after completion. User Image

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Is the wife even more of a lush than her husband? How did she not notice a 'heavy duty tunnel boring machine' had suddenly appeared, either in the bedroom or elsewhere in the house? They do not seem to be either small or cheap. I'm guessing she never looked under the bed either

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
What an idiot, if he wanted to get away from her and she snored loudly he could of easily gone out the door and she would of never known.

Now he will probably pay for the damage he caused when it would of been cheaper to buy gas and use the car to get to the pub.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
How did he not notice that he had hit the sewage pipe?

Liberal Abductee

6,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm skeptical. "Tyrone Tribulations?" Sounds like an "egalitarian" cult. And there's a few cracks in the story. How did he not know he hit a sewage pipe? How did his wife even not notice that? And who took that picture? And how would he even dig a pathway that small and get through it all the way to the pub, especially since he's drinking beer 'til 1pm.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I'm wondering why not just use the door? I mean, if she can sleep through the racket of tunnel building, I'm pretty sure she can sleep through him exiting via the door. This makes no sense. I'm calling bullshit. stare
Lol digging wouldve made so much more noise, than simply walking out the door lol. cheese_whine

Bucktoothed Otaku

19,450 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Irish Mole Man.. lol

Dulcet Scarface

The article is fiction, guys. XD the movie wasn't even out yet in Ireland in 1994.

Tipsy Smoker

He's a p***y if he can't be honest with his wife. Is he afraid of her?

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items