Welcome to Gaia! ::

FESS UP!

Not at all. I don't even feel like I live in the Gaian world. 0.30316742081448 30.3% [ 67 ]
No, I am okay with being just another face around town. 0.40723981900452 40.7% [ 90 ]
I am just as important as an NPC. My impact on the plot is there in spirit, though not in manga. 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 34 ]
I am personal friends with most NPCs, and I am romantically involved with one of them. It's cool, though, no one else likes that NPC. 0.054298642533937 5.4% [ 12 ]
I am Gaia's savior, loved by all. I will wed both Louie and Ian, and rule Gaia as a double vampire queen. 0.081447963800905 8.1% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 221 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Devoted Heckler

Self-insert? That's literally the meaning of "avatar"

Fanny has always been me in the Gaian universe, she's less than 10% persona. I don't roleplay or participate in any of that bollocks as such but I do make an effort to keep my posts "in character" so to speak.
I miss the characters of the GCD, it was fun when there were a couple of us on the go in one conversation.

nuGen Staff Survivor

What I insert and where is no business of yours.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Self-inserting your Gaia character into the plot. Did you ever do it, and do you still do it now? Is it something you're proud of, or ashamed of?
I admit, I have, just as my avi herself and haven't called her my OC yet...though self-inserting is kinda something I'd be ashamed of since I read some stuff about doing that is considered a taboo in writing stories, but I don't really have to be ashamed about it.

What about other people? Do you like seeing or reading about other people's characters? Which ones do you like, and ones get on your nerves? Could any of them pass for real Gaia NPCs? I've seen a few I like, such as Arlette's, Vivi, Ridley, Jayce, etc. I don't think any got on my nerves yet and yes, they should count for real NPCs of here.

Speaking of, do you like that we now have a way to do just that, through Tickets? Do you want one just to fulfill a little piece of your secret Mary Sue dreams?
I do like that we have the tickets and I have planned on wanting a Platinum Ticket for my avi to have an SDPlus doll of herself. sweatdrop

If you could write your own plot -- and I don't mean a Ticket event, I mean a full fledged plot with a big manga update, a two-week event, new characters and a lasting impact on Gaia's canon storyline -- what would you write? Would it star your character, or even feature them at all? I won't include my character into the plot since she's not that famous for it anyway...And kind of a good thing too since I don't really want my avi's ego to inflate too much.

Hard mode: Do you ship your character with your favorite NPC? Do you judge other people who do, or are there some NPC/OC ships that you actually like?
Yes, on the shipping, but it's with a RIG NPC and not a plot one (since no plot NPC got my interest). I try not to judge who ship at all, but I admit to some jealous fits every once in a while. As for toher shippings, I have a few I like.
Jayce x Ian
x + Pie
Shrimpie x Russel Ace

Shag, Marry, Cliff: Edmund, Louie, Nicolae?
No to all 3.

If I started a "fanthread" for OCs, celebrating all the ways we self-insert ourselves into Gaia's plot, would people join in? ... or would I get run out of the GCD?
Depends on how you word things around here...

Victim

i've never really roleplayed around the site or seen my avi as a character, mostly just a doll that i'm playing dress up with

i actually didn't know other ppl saw gaia this way

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Fanny Flaps

Fanny has always been me in the Gaian universe, she's less than 10% persona. I don't roleplay or participate in any of that bollocks as such but I do make an effort to keep my posts "in character" so to speak.
I miss the characters of the GCD, it was fun when there were a couple of us on the go in one conversation.

You'd think that, but it seems far less common these days than in the past. It's just... I 'unno... less connection between the actual players and the setting we're supposed to be in. And I find that tragic, personally. emo

I agree. The GCD lacks the color it used to have. Now it's pretty monochrome, like many things on this site. sweatdrop

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Ever since the Gaians in Black, yes.

UFO 07 and I had an actual relationship. I was the Moneypenny to his James Bond.

I like to think my time in E-Corp gave EB a positive view of me.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Ami Satomora
Not exactly. But I do immerse myself in a way that if something major happens in the plot that Gaians know about I have thought about how my avi would react to it and stuff like that so many one shots I could write on those But usually no more than that. It makes me kinda jelly when I see people immersed deeper than that. Because I wish I had the thought process to do such a thing for Gaia. I can do it with the other fandoms I like easy, but not Gaia's OTL

But I so totes ship my avi with Louie. Though it's more of a one sided feeling on her side than anything.

User Image

Huh, interesting! I actually always thought Gaia made it easy, since it's so open-ended and so many potential roles one could fill. But I guess that might make it hard to decide where one actually belongs...? sweatdrop

You know. I find it interesting you say that, since there's still a stereotype that OCs only get shipped with canons for the purposes of personal fantasies and instant gratification. But I find that there's those who are only after a great romance... and those who prefer a good story, which this certainly provides an avenue for.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I wasn't sure how to vote because I do immerse myself to some extent. Avarice Clay is a lot more to me than just a doll I can put clothes on. She's a character in her own right and my alter ego within the world of Gaia at times, although she isn't on the same level of importance as the NPCs by any means. If you try thinking of me as a background extra that sometimes shows awareness of the roleplay's superstructure, you should have a solid idea of what I mean.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Salathielly
I occasionally self-insert for events, depending on the character and if I think he or she would work in the Gaia-verse and if the storyline in question intrigues me. I've never had a character with a major crush on an NPC or a need to become one's biggest fan, though I think it's really awesome that people get so involved with the stories and characters on the site.

I think it's awesome that you think it's awesome!

Maybe it's experience outside the Gaiasphere talking, but anywhere else, OCs tend to be tolerated at best and chased out at worst. (Except maybe Sonic fandom, but there's a reason I took a sharp right turn away from the Sonic fandom before I even reached middle school.)

Here, we've always had a tendency to embrace and celebrate the fan characters almost as much as the canon NPCs. Possibly since, as it keeps coming up, this site is pretty much made for these characters. Personally, I think it's neat!

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Madam Rosalina
Oh, boy. Did I ever.
And it wasn't even relevant to the main plot.
I shamefully had this whole thing for Azrael for YEARS until I grew up Gaia stopped using him.
Don't get me wrong, I still love Azrael,
I'm just not as much of an obsessive fangirl as I use to be.
/Shudders

Now I'm so "observant" I don't even post.
I just lurk and throw money at Gaia when it pleases me.
lol

But what if Gaia brought him back?

What would you do then?

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Pie
Ami Satomora
Not exactly. But I do immerse myself in a way that if something major happens in the plot that Gaians know about I have thought about how my avi would react to it and stuff like that so many one shots I could write on those But usually no more than that. It makes me kinda jelly when I see people immersed deeper than that. Because I wish I had the thought process to do such a thing for Gaia. I can do it with the other fandoms I like easy, but not Gaia's OTL

But I so totes ship my avi with Louie. Though it's more of a one sided feeling on her side than anything.

User Image

Huh, interesting! I actually always thought Gaia made it easy, since it's so open-ended and so many potential roles one could fill. But I guess that might make it hard to decide where one actually belongs...? sweatdrop

You know. I find it interesting you say that, since there's still a stereotype that OCs only get shipped with canons for the purposes of personal fantasies and instant gratification. But I find that there's those who are only after a great romance... and those who prefer a good story, which this certainly provides an avenue for.

I don't think I've ever found that one plot that got me like "Wow, I want to immerse myself in this." That and with my avi's "backstory" has her choosing to not be in an active role.

But with Nyx she might be changing her mind.

User Image

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Pie
Salathielly
I occasionally self-insert for events, depending on the character and if I think he or she would work in the Gaia-verse and if the storyline in question intrigues me. I've never had a character with a major crush on an NPC or a need to become one's biggest fan, though I think it's really awesome that people get so involved with the stories and characters on the site.

I think it's awesome that you think it's awesome!

Maybe it's experience outside the Gaiasphere talking, but anywhere else, OCs tend to be tolerated at best and chased out at worst. (Except maybe Sonic fandom, but there's a reason I took a sharp right turn away from the Sonic fandom before I even reached middle school.)

Here, we've always had a tendency to embrace and celebrate the fan characters almost as much as the canon NPCs. Possibly since, as it keeps coming up, this site is pretty much made for these characters. Personally, I think it's neat!

Half of the reason I come into the GCD is to see some of the more prominent OCs/fans. They make it lively and much more interesting, and they obviously care a lot about the site.

I think OCs just get a bad rep because they are notoriously poorly done self-inserts in especially awful fanfics, but good OCs exist, and some of the GCD regulars prove it. :3

Devoted Heckler

Pie
Fanny Flaps

You'd think that, but it seems far less common these days than in the past. It's just... I 'unno... less connection between the actual players and the setting we're supposed to be in. And I find that tragic, personally. emo

I agree. The GCD lacks the color it used to have. Now it's pretty monochrome, like many things on this site. sweatdrop

The little speech bubbles were always a clue for me, especially back when they had them on profile and for announcements.

Fanny is so integrated I even made her an island on Gaia. It's her own nation, Labia (and the surrounding Vulvae peninsulae), where she is crown Princess and resides in a big but-totally-not-phallic purple castle atop Mons Puebisse. Yeah, I have too much time on my hands.
In addition to her royal blood, she's also a vampire (Von Helson), and a Timelord because...you can't stop me, that's why. talk2hand

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Fanny Flaps
Pie
Fanny Flaps

The little speech bubbles were always a clue for me, especially back when they had them on profile and for announcements.

Fanny is so integrated I even made her an island on Gaia. It's her own nation, Labia (and the surrounding Vulvae peninsulae), where she is crown Princess and resides in a big but-totally-not-phallic purple castle atop Mons Puebisse. Yeah, I have too much time on my hands.
In addition to her royal blood, she's also a vampire (Von Helson), and a Timelord because...you can't stop me, that's why. talk2hand

I...

I don't know if that's horrifying, or the best location for an adults-only resort I've ever heard of. gonk

Devoted Heckler

Pie
Fanny Flaps
Pie
Fanny Flaps

I...

I don't know if that's horrifying, or the best location for an adults-only resort I've ever heard of. gonk

Labia is a female-only nation ever since the Phallician Missle Crisis, all males are interned and forced to continually mow the land's surprisingly fast-growing grass.
We're currently constructing a giant opaque dome so that even Lanzer cannot sneak a peak.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff