Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
User Image
Estelle dresses, shortens just a little bit, any Rosamund ____ item's gown shortens quite cute as well, queen of the north, the charming majakko dress, and kind of underwhelming, but it does work on counterfeit____ series too.

Not enough for me to invest in one, it seems. I wonder it if works with the gold shop wedding dress?

Boo!
User Image

Fashionable Girl

Valansi
User ImageUser Image

~Another neat cut, Legend of Mebd! It makes a cute little green dress. ^_^

I don't think that chunk out of the leg is really a glitch. Since that dress already mods you by trimming the leg area, I think the erasure is how it does it, and it's just revealed when you use something like this. The Juno dresses and My Sweet Murder will also show off their methods of trimming you down. xD You can also see these when you use the Ruffled Shorts pose from Berry Mousse Royale, which cuts dresses.
~

♫ Sᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ʀᴀʀᴇ ♫
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just checked it out. How adorable! It looks like a Victorian bodice, actually!

I agree with the leg chunk thing. It already mods the area and the trim area's just revealed when you use the scissors.
I don't think it can be helped! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Iady brown
Shrimp_Man
Iady brown
Shrimp_Man
Iady brown
Shrimp_Man
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

This reminds me of the fun of finding out what the Alleycat would do to dresses, like the Bewitching dress will give a hidden star on the crotch. In fact, I want to know what Pieces will do with that exact same dress. Time to try it out on a mule. emotion_awesome

of the House of Demonic Dreams

A hidden star! Whoa!
I know that you get a little red heart pasty on your crotch when you use them with certain ones!
But I didn't know you could get a star! That's so cool. I should try out those scissors.
And the new Alleycat and Schoolboy ones too. I haven't experimented with those either.

What happened?! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh no, it is a heart. I must have been thinking about the Nartian Star pasty. xD Huh...Alleycat Allure (the newer version) doesn't give a pasty if the scissors are used. Interesting.

Pieces of You scissors gives a cute little short dress, but there are chunks taken out of the legs as well. Gonna have to report that.

User Image

Whoa...
I tried it on my avi, it takes a chunk out of the female base's leg too.
Whoops! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At least it's only that side on the female base, it could be theoretically covered up by some sort of hand held. On guys, it's both sides. gonk

Oh I didn't see that on the male base!
I think it's because the legs are thicker or something on the guys?
Because the original item shapes the body so the hips are more prominent and once that's gone, all that's left is the shape! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe? I dunno, it's so odd. Though if it isn't a glitch per se, then I guess I'll have to get very familiar with leg mods to cover that up. xD

Fashionable Girl

Loveparody
It'd be nice to know what dresses this worked with. I tried it on all my dresses and none of them worked. neutral

It's a great idea though.

I think it works mostly with dresses tagged as "dress".

Searching "dress" in your inventory yields dresses that can be cut.
I've tried it on most so far and they all work with that tag. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
That is a cool item. o: I love all the cutting items. They just add so many possibilities.

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
Oh nooooooo I am loving this too much. I am loving how it cuts away dresses that cover up so much of the legs. Especially:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaaaaah man I just appreciate the simplicity there. But I do not want to buy the item for just that one pose! gonk I am kinda hoping they consider making a separate item for it, like they eventually did with the Agape cut? ;u;

However, I'm finding that it seems to not work with dresses that layer like a "jacket" for some reason. Like the Vanir Valtz and the Sweetheart Ruffled dresses.

Also....

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH MY LEGS

(I'm sure they'll catch onto it and fix that but I was just too amused not to share. xd Dress is from Mystery of the Stolen Sapphires, for the curious.)

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Shrimp_Man
`Hydro
Shrimp_Man

I have to wait until after midnight to try the mod out with my inventory, but I'm going to have so much fun with trying on this item later. I just know it.

I do know one thing, for some weird a** reason, using the scissors causes the top in Schooboy's Style to unequip.

User Image

I have found you can get a similar effect to the Schoolboy's "sleeve" cutting while still wearing the Alleycat Allure if you use the hidden pose from Celestial Soldier, though then you have to cover those sleeves. You can also try the Glacemella items, but again, the decorative sleeve problem. I usually have this hairstyle from the Frosting items which covers up the sleeve mod pretty well, though.

Does the pieces dress cutting item cut different than the Alleycat Allure? Is it worth it to have both?

Boo!

User Image

Yeah but I'm wearing the Schoolboy for the top, not the sleeves at the moment. It was just odd to me that something that makes dresses would unequip a top. Theoretically it should just do nothing.

I think all three clothes mods would be very helpful to have. Since Alleycat Attitidude makes short shirts with rips, Alleycat Allure does short shirts without rips, and Pieces of You shortens skirts to make shorter dresses. My screencap that I posted shows what Pieces of You does to the Betwitching Beauty dress.

User Image

It is odd to have the dress/shirt cutters de-equipped by the sleeve cutter, but then again I don't know if there are any scissors that can be layered with other scissors....but I don't have the pieces item but I think a arm mod like Celestial could still be used with it just like I use the Alleycat Allure with the Celestial to both trim and de-sleeve a shirt.

Boo!

User Image

Fashionable Girl

`Hydro
User Image
Estelle dresses, shortens just a little bit, any Rosamund ____ item's gown shortens quite cute as well, queen of the north, the charming majakko dress, and kind of underwhelming, but it does work on counterfeit____ series too.

Not enough for me to invest in one, it seems. I wonder it if works with the gold shop wedding dress?

Boo!
User Image

The Counterfeit dress turned out cute to me!

Tried it on Ania's Wedding Gown.
It shortens! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Loveparody
It'd be nice to know what dresses this worked with. I tried it on all my dresses and none of them worked. neutral

It's a great idea though.

Bewitching Beauty works for sure. User Image As do a few others that have been mentioned in the thread.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

I really love this as a mod, only down side I find to it is when you clip a dress that's lower cut than the default bra it shows up under the dress when it normally wouldn't, even if you equip something like the undergarment from the Rosamund's items.

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Fashionable Girl

Azura Cantarella
Oh nooooooo I am loving this too much. I am loving how it cuts away dresses that cover up so much of the legs. Especially:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaaaaah man I just appreciate the simplicity there. But I do not want to buy the item for just that one pose! gonk I am kinda hoping they consider making a separate item for it, like they eventually did with the Agape cut? ;u;

However, I'm finding that it seems to not work with dresses that layer like a "jacket" for some reason. Like the Vanir Valtz and the Sweetheart Ruffled dresses.

Also....

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH MY LEGS

(I'm sure they'll catch onto it and fix that but I was just too amused not to share. xd Dress is from Mystery of the Stolen Sapphires, for the curious.)

Wow those are such cute dress combos! Thanks for sharing!
I do wonder if they'll create separate cutting items for items like this.

Oh jeez your legs!!! Someone could exploit this glitch well if it isn't fixed though to make some rad avis! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Galactic Designer

Iady brown

User ImageUser Image

~Ooh, you're right. Also super cute with that pic in mind!~

Fashionable Girl

VKiera
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

I really love this as a mod, only down side I find to it is when you clip a dress that's lower cut than the default bra it shows up under the dress when it normally wouldn't, even if you equip something like the undergarment from the Rosamund's items.

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Oh really! That's interesting.
I wonder why that is. I wonder if it's a glitch or if it's just what happens if you clip that area.

I'm hoping that I can find some nice combos that I can use! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
`Hydro
Shrimp_Man
`Hydro
Shrimp_Man

I have to wait until after midnight to try the mod out with my inventory, but I'm going to have so much fun with trying on this item later. I just know it.

I do know one thing, for some weird a** reason, using the scissors causes the top in Schooboy's Style to unequip.

User Image

I have found you can get a similar effect to the Schoolboy's "sleeve" cutting while still wearing the Alleycat Allure if you use the hidden pose from Celestial Soldier, though then you have to cover those sleeves. You can also try the Glacemella items, but again, the decorative sleeve problem. I usually have this hairstyle from the Frosting items which covers up the sleeve mod pretty well, though.

Does the pieces dress cutting item cut different than the Alleycat Allure? Is it worth it to have both?

Boo!

User Image

Yeah but I'm wearing the Schoolboy for the top, not the sleeves at the moment. It was just odd to me that something that makes dresses would unequip a top. Theoretically it should just do nothing.

I think all three clothes mods would be very helpful to have. Since Alleycat Attitidude makes short shirts with rips, Alleycat Allure does short shirts without rips, and Pieces of You shortens skirts to make shorter dresses. My screencap that I posted shows what Pieces of You does to the Betwitching Beauty dress.

User Image

It is odd to have the dress/shirt cutters de-equipped by the sleeve cutter, but then again I don't know if there are any scissors that can be layered with other scissors....but I don't have the pieces item but I think a arm mod like Celestial could still be used with it just like I use the Alleycat Allure with the Celestial to both trim and de-sleeve a shirt.

Boo!

User Image

*nods* It's a nice suggestion and probably something I should take advantage of since I hardly ever use any mods other than Agape, and even Agape has gone by the wayside once I started using my head.

Fashionable Girl

Valansi
Iady brown

User ImageUser Image

~Ooh, you're right. Also super cute with that pic in mind!~

Yeah! But I'm not sure you can equip anything else once you've cut the dress?
Because if you could, you could put a nice big poofy floor-length skirt to make it a Victorian dress or something!
Or a Medieval dress also! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff