+1 1 100.0% [ 89 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Invisible Prophet

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
In the days when tax was [almost nothing]%, flowers and bugs were 1g, and few items were over 1M gold on the marketplace, there was a stable economy. Now that the new CEO has taken over, and Gaia has become a greed-based vampire rudely throwing sex ads at us while enticing kids with GC to become instantly rich, they have to enact more and more gold sinks to supposedly control the inflation. All they are doing is managing what they are purposely causing. History of economics worldwide, both online and off, teaches us that the principles enacted here are engineered to give false confidence to bilk the users (public), destroy any real hope at user financial stability, and strangle the economy. The only significant difference here is that we can use an out-of-world currency to buy in-world currency. Combined with the gold generators, this economy continues to be stripped, and as long as Gaia is profiting from the sale of GC, it will continue. Look at the trend over the past 6 months, and you can see what they are doing. They profit, and the only way we have any hope of keeping up is to either work much harder or buy GC. And that is their goal — to squeeze away nonpaying users and force new users to pay or be perpetually poor. While I understand their business paradigm, they seek to expand and grow instead of just sustain. If they sustained and kept it a reasonably sized company with a respectful loyal user base, they would get steady GC and still could increase by adding quality to attract new users and retain veterans. Instead, Gaia has changed their business practices such that they ruined the economy, went against their promises to previous GC buyers, insult their users, and commercialize the entire site, driving their profit-greed sword into our bellies to the hilt. If you are sick and tired of Gaia's purposeful attack on its own economy, please reply below with your comments. Some say 5% tax is good, but any unchallenged tax increase only invites further encroachments. When it's 10% tax and flowers are 1 billion each, will you still be supporting their policies? As for me, I'm sick of it. What do you think?

Greedy Drake

I hope it becomes literally impossible to buy things on the mp because everyone goes to the exchange now. At 5% i'm seriously considering making exchange threads. crying Only people happy with this are the people who never sell anything.
They've lost control. Now they've just doomed the MP. From now on, it's all about the $$$.

Invisible Prophet

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Jinglybell
I hope it becomes literally impossible to buy things on the mp because everyone goes to the exchange now. At 5% i'm seriously considering making exchange threads. crying Only people happy with this are the people who never sell anything.

Yup—the ignorant.

Invisible Prophet

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Moonlight_Splendor
They've lost control. Now they've just doomed the MP. From now on, it's all about the $$$.

Thanks for commenting, my friend. It's been all about the $$$ for many months, just gets worse and worse. I've ceased to be surprised at their shenanigans anymore.

Magic Attacker

Even the 2% is frustrating due to inflation. You sell something high priced, you lose more gold to taxes, and nowadays everything that's worth anything is high priced.
5% is going to seriously effect my wallet. Hundreds of millions may not seem like a whole lot anymore but it will add up and be financially painful :/
And on that note, I HATE the exchange. People are horrific cheapos and they expect very extreme discounts. (Any time I try to sell anything, anyway). Even with a 5% increase in taxes I'll probably still end up more profited by the mp than the people on the exchange....

Kulvain's Wife

Firebreathing Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
This is the WORST Idea! IF they wanted to stop gaians from having an excess amount of money then they should never have put in money generators in the first place!! I am REALLY angry about them raising the taxes AGAIN on the mp.

I am NOT one of the people that could afford to donate 450 000 000 000 to that gaian run ball... And I don't like them making it even harder for us to get the items that we want for our avis. MAYBE they could try NOT making them limited addition and even possibly release the most favorite item that was from the chance sets for sale in the cash shop so people couldnt go bat poop crazy with inflation!

Invisible Prophet

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
ChopSuey444
Even the 2% is frustrating due to inflation. You sell something high priced, you lose more gold to taxes, and nowadays everything that's worth anything is high priced.
5% is going to seriously effect my wallet. Hundreds of millions may not seem like a whole lot anymore but it will add up and be financially painful :/
And on that note, I HATE the exchange. People are horrific cheapos and they expect very extreme discounts. (Any time I try to sell anything, anyway). Even with a 5% increase in taxes I'll probably still end up more profited by the mp than the people on the exchange....

Yup that's why I don't even go to the exchange anymore. So we're left with paying 1 billion gold in tax for every 20 billion we sell, or having to deal with rude people. Those who sell only a few items a month don't care, but those of us who make our living on here by strategically buying and selling, will be hit hard. And you watch, this move to supposedly curb inflation, will just make people hesitant to buy and sell. They may think the exchange is an option, but once they try it they will become frustrated like you, and just hang on to their items and maybe even leave Gaia, making their items no longer accessible. The result of this likely scenario will be even more inflation. In real world economies, people have to continue paying bills and eating, so eventually have to sell off their goods to survive in the face of massive inflation. Here, they have no daily bills or food they have to buy, so they can just log off for days or weeks, or longer, and so further freeze the liquidity in this economy. Thus, it's likely that Gaia's move to allegedly curb inflation, will only increase it. Now, on the other hand, as people leave Gaia, there will be fewer buyers, which will lower demand, which will lower prices, but this is harmful to the brick and mortar business of Gaiaonline, which means they will have to push more marketing and entice more people, which means more sales and re-releases and GC sales, which means more get-rich-quick for newbies, which means more inflation. Honestly, I don't see it ever getting better. Goodbye economy. Buy what you want on here while you can, make the avis you want, take screenshots or prints of your friends lists, ask for close friends' email addresses, and prepare for the worst. Judgement day is coming.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Listen.

Everyone in SF has been talking and talking about making change, fixing the site, bringing back a sense of community forever now.

Everyone wants gold removed from circulation because they don't want to deal with these insanely high MP prices.

So why anyone is upset about the MP tax increase is beyond me.

Is it that people don't want to deal with inflation, but also don't want to help at all? It seems to me that, among those who think the MP tax increase is a negative thing, the thinking at the root of it is, 'I don't want to lose any of MY gold, but I still hate inflation and wish it would go away!'

Personally, I would be happy if the tax were as high as 10%. (Not that I think it will go that far). In fact as soon as the increase takes effect to 5% I am purposefully vending more so that I get taxed. And then the profits? I'll put into gold sinks or buying Dernier Cri or Loyal's items and repeating, so it will also be putting more items into circulation.

Now that Gaia is taking the first step to trying to fix things, we Gaians need to do what we can to help too. And if you're STILL annoyed at the tax, just use the Exchange and make trades.

The richer the Gaian and the more insanely priced their items on MP, the more they will contribute to the gold sink and eventually, after YES a brief hike in prices, they will be forced to lower their prices because nobody will buy.

Those that consider themselves 'poorer' Gaians are hardly being harmed by the tax in the grand scheme of things.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Jinglybell

Excuse you, I have been selling stuff in the MP since my first year on Gaia, and I am happy about the MP tax increase.

The tax is a gold sink and it's going to take out a lot more gold from the system now that it's been raised to 5%. The less gold there is in the system, the better. Too much gold in the system means higher prices on goods because the value of gold has been diminished.

Questionable Man-Lover

The economy is so ******** up I cant catch up...oh well I must stick on what I already have...

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Leeriel
The economy is so ******** up I cant catch up...oh well I must stick on what I already have...
And thanks to this MP tax and other steps Gaia have been taking recently, after a little while you will actually be able to catch up again. Isn't that neat? 4laugh

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Shin~The ladle monster!
Listen.

Everyone in SF has been talking and talking about making change, fixing the site, bringing back a sense of community forever now.

Everyone wants gold removed from circulation because they don't want to deal with these insanely high MP prices.

So why anyone is upset about the MP tax increase is beyond me.

Is it that people don't want to deal with inflation, but also don't want to help at all? It seems to me that, among those who think the MP tax increase is a negative thing, the thinking at the root of it is, 'I don't want to lose any of MY gold, but I still hate inflation and wish it would go away!'

Personally, I would be happy if the tax were as high as 10%. (Not that I think it will go that far). In fact as soon as the increase takes effect to 5% I am purposefully vending more so that I get taxed. And then the profits? I'll put into gold sinks or buying Dernier Cri or Loyal's items and repeating, so it will also be putting more items into circulation.

Now that Gaia is taking the first step to trying to fix things, we Gaians need to do what we can to help too. And if you're STILL annoyed at the tax, just use the Exchange and make trades.

The richer the Gaian and the more insanely priced their items on MP, the more they will contribute to the gold sink and eventually, after YES a brief hike in prices, they will be forced to lower their prices because nobody will buy.

Those that consider themselves 'poorer' Gaians are hardly being harmed by the tax in the grand scheme of things.

YAY LOGIC!

everyone listen to the logic! o3o
domokun stargate

Questionable Man-Lover

Shin~The ladle monster!
Leeriel
And thanks to this MP tax and other steps Gaia have been taking recently, after a little while you will actually be able to catch up again. Isn't that neat? 4laugh
idk..we'll see I hope it will get better.

Toothsome Consumer

Anyway, if anyone has studied economics or political history, they know that inflation is not ONLY caused by an overabundance of currency. It's also caused by a shortage of inventory. If they just made products easier to buy (as in, making them available though the normal stores, not just places you can only buy them with gaia cash) inflation would disappear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff