Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Fairy

Since it wasn't obvious to begin with, no, I don't care about the existence of Better Gaia. Something as basic as decent website should NOT have to be provided for a business by a third party, end of story.

I bitched about this when the change from the old blue banner format was implemented, and I'm bitching about it now, because at the end of the day, it bugs me literally every time I go into a thread for whatever reason.

User Image

I mean, really.
Look at it.
Look at it long and hard.
And then go get some ice cubes to help deal with your severe eye strain, because this s**t is atrocious.

Literally nowhere else on the site is the background completely white like this--the forums themselves have a sort of beige background, the main index has sort of a little blue-ish thing going on in the forum descriptions, the main page has a nice cool grey to even things out. I get that Gaia evolves over time--hell, since I joined, the site design has been overhauled at least three or four times. That doesn't excuse why something as basic as the thread title space has been left outdated and untouched in this form for so many years.

Hell, the old blue bar we used to have in 2007/2008 wasn't much better, but at least it had soon damned COLOR. This just feels empty.

Don't even get me started on the font sizes.

I know it's easy to forget, especially with the hustle and bustle about announcements, gold generators, and poor customer service, but Gaia's a forum website. Shocking, I know. Making the forums not look terrible and broken (not to mention inconsistent and dated) might help revitalize interest in the site.

And if you're going to stretch the thread header enough so that you can fit ads off to the side despite it looking awkward as hell, AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO ACTUALLY HAVE ENOUGH ROOM FOR THE ADS.
Also, wtf is up with the alignment on this site? That could warrant a whole other thread.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I've never really thought about it before.
Some more colour would be nice. smile

Ty Trance's Queen

Pandys Bestie

32,025 Points
  • The Color of royalty 500
  • A demon's best friend 500

bettergaia. try it. XD

◕ ◡ ◕

⊱⇜User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.⇝⊰

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I never really thought about it. I don't have an issue with the forums, really. They're simple and easy to follow. I actually like gaia's forums better than other sites.

*shrugs* I guess they could use an update though. I think there are other things I'd rather see updated first, though. *nudges inventory arranger*

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Shilshadu

bettergaia. try it. XD

◕ ◡ ◕

⊱⇜User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.⇝⊰

Yeah, I like the option to have a background colour other than white.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I third the bettergaia suggestion. I use it and the forums are great to me. I use a fairly neutral purple and green...mwahahah
in 2010 i had a severe eye strain cause by playing 6+ hours gaiaonline
i always wanted to complaint about that stupid white background here in sitefeedback or in the Ask the admin forum but
i knew that Gaia Staff wouldnt care crying

The forums used to be centered, but they took that option off.
                  I use BetterGaia now, without it i wouldn't even use the forums

Devoted Wife

No.

I like it white, it's a neutral color that doesn't distract from looking at avatars.
If it's hurting your eyes stop looking at your screen for so long and cry about it.
Just get better gaia and add a theme.

Bibliophile

I actually really like it the way it is. It's simple, clean and organized. The only thing I don't like is that the forum doesn't fit on my screen anymore since they got centered. If it's causing you eyestrain it's probably better to take more breaks from the computer or use bettergaia rather than asking the site to change its whole layout for that.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I'm fine with the current layout and all the white/empty space. It doesn't distract me from reading posts and it doesn't hurt my eyes. A forum should be simple and plain in the first place.
SWINT

What is Bettergaia? eek
Paperworm
SWINT

What is Bettergaia? eek

Its like a browser third party thing, google it

Springtime Werewolf

Paperworm
SWINT

What is Bettergaia? eek
if you use chrome!
if you use firefox!
the add-on's website

on topic:
personally, i tried bettergaia but the coding got all jacked up (i use firefox) and it just looked unsightly and weird. i don't mind the thread layout itself; but then again, i don't spend enough time here for possible eyestrain.

don't forget to practice the 20-20-20 rule! (every 20 minutes you stare at something 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds, i think) 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff