Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amelia’s cheeks rose into a bright blush as he spoke to her softly. She wasn’t sure what to make of anything going on but the small word, “lady”, was added to his speech. Speech he was using towards her and she cursed the dragon knight with all that her heavy heart could manage. “I beg your pardon, my lord. But I do not deserve the implied honor—my knighthood has been severed completely since coming into your service and unless, of course, I heard you wrong than please forgive me for speaking.” The world was spinning and she couldn't stop it if she tried.
Julian let out a breath, not quite a sigh, and dropped his eyes to the floor. Kindle's protection was a dubious thing at best, and the mage had no desire to find out how far it went. "You heard perfectly, it was not a mistake. Being a knight does not simply go away, I should not think." He tried to sound brighter, as if this was all he had meant. "If you will permit me to say so, the title suits you." Julian hesitated for another second, then added, "I would not forget who you are, unless you ask it of me."

Amelia’s lips parted slightly in confusion as she couldn’t think of a single reason this would come up now. “You may address me as you please, my lord.” The dark haired woman clamped her lips together tightly to keep herself from saying anything she would regret. Her hands clasped together firmly to keep them from trembling. How she could ever be a knight and tremble without proper cause she would never understand.

Not wanting to be kept any longer, or without reason she managed to ask, “Is that all, my lord?” She imagined it wasn't, otherwise Kindle of all people would not have sent her to him. However, she still couldn't think of anything that she could do. Perhaps he would inform her that he would be leaving to allow her regular cleaning schedule. Though a part of her was very sure it wasn't.
Aneira followed his gaze up, and her green eyes returned quickly to the ginger man’s face. “You’re sure,” she said, the fear in her chest lingering even as she was reassured by his words and the warmth in his voice. “And you’re sure he won’t tell?” she asked, her gaze darting back up to the man standing above them. Unconsciously, she moved closer to him.
"No," Julian's voice was far from as commanding as he'd wanted it to be. "No, it isn't." He paused, knowing how she was going to react and hating himself for it already. Swallowing once, he continued, "Your 'skills' might be up to the standards of a knight, but they will not serve you long in a Court like this." Julian had no way to know who was listening, nor did he plan to trust Kindle's agents two whits more than he trusted Magnolia's. He lowered his voice, "It would be safer for you here, rather than in the empty corridors."

Ceatherine gave Aneira’s question a reassuring nod. “Of course.” He wanted to inform her that it would be fine as long as they kept it between them. As long as they kept on the down low they would surely be fine. He brushed the side of her face softly with his bare fingertips. “We’re going to be fine.” The red headed man gave her a sweet, slightly lopsided grin and he suddenly felt that the words were true.

The knight of Tralense knew that he couldn’t think of a valid reason for a princess or a lady or a woman who posed as both would want to bother herself with a stable hand but he would take it without question. He let his fingers wind in her hair slowly, hoping it wouldn’t be too daring of a move.

xx

Amelia stared in shock at the lord of Irisepensh. She didn’t know what to really say in return to his forwardness. Or what the forwardness actually meant. “Um.” She looked up at Julian and watched him carefully, her mouth twisted in a small frown. “I’m not sure I understand.” She finally vocalized, hoping that it would have some logic behind it. Insulting the skills she possessed as a knight was surely, hopefully, not his goal. Especially after addressing her by formal address.

Her face flushed quickly at his suggestion to stay out of the hall. It didn’t seem to have malicious intent but it still held something obviously ominous—something he was keeping from her and that made her more nervous still.
Julian frowned, glancing at the walls and then at the book still clenched in his hands. "Would you care to sit?" he asked, standing up himself. Flipping through the pages of the book, he walked to the center of the room, moving a more comfortable armchair out of the way and closing the door to the castle. "I need to do something first."

It took him a few moments longer than usual to sink into a spell-trance, but after a while the words came tumbling out, full of hisses and guttural vowels. The spell spread out in a slow bubbling wave, passing over everything in the room and settling against the walls like invisible grease, sticking there. Only once every inch of the walls (including ceiling) were covered in magic did he release the spell, snapping the book shut and rubbing his forehead. "Now we can talk without being overheard. Of course, Magnolia will know I said something I don't want her to hear. I'm sure I'll be questioned later."

He sat back down, leaving the book lying carelessly on the table. "I know who you are." He said at last. "Kindle told me. It is his… suggestion that you stay out of sight for a few days. He plans on doing something drastic, I'm sure."

Amelia stared at him for a long moment, “No. I do not care to sit.” She snapped at him suddenly, eyes burning as her fingers folded into her hands, forming fists that wanted nothing more than to be bloody and bruised. “And I do not care for whatever the dragon night has told you either.” She was no longer fearful for her life—if Kindle had told Julian than she was going to die regardless of what manners she presented in court and if that was the case…she would have rather died with some dignity.

“If you know who I am then you know that you must give me to your Queen.” The sudden rage that had filled her voice moments earlier was replaced by stiffness—frozen over by the ice that often consumed her anger. “It’s your duty.” She continued, “Though from what you’ve been saying for the past few days it’s obvious your loyalty to her is fleeting at best.” The statement hadn't really been for Julian at all, it was more for her to work out the situation laid at her feet.

The curly haired woman began to walk quietly towards him, her heels clicking against the empty floor. “Whatever he plans to do, you should stop him at once. A country should not go to war with itself if it can be avoided.” She looked down on him with a slight frown. She did not want Magnolia in power by any means and even Kindle seemed like a wonderful choice for the crown in comparison. But that did not mean the elves, a proud race, should fight amongst each other.

Especially when the fighting wasn’t due to any real desire of power or obligation to correct the line of power as would make such a war commendable. Amelia could tell that much just by the way Kindle openly enjoyed his lack of responsibilities, even as a knight. King had no real meaning to him, she was aware of this. He had once told her that a crown didn’t determine power but those who would die so you could have such a cruel fate that was known as royalty, that was power. True power.

“Why have you told me of knowing such a thing?” She wondered her voice careful. Julian had made it quite clear that he had no real desire to be around Kindle so listening to the dragon knight seemed out of character. It didn’t seem to make any sense in the slightest to the young woman.
Julian sat through her outburst, heart beating a little fast and shaking his head the tiniest bit. "I do not pretend to be a good liar." He said at last. "And I do not want to lie to you." It was a simple answer, but there was more truth in that than in any other reason he might concoct.

"As for war, I do not think it will come to that. River, the King married to Magnolia, was killed with hardly a fuss. A coup. Civil war would make no sense; war rarely does. It would be much simpler for Kindle to simply kill Magnolia. No one would stand up for her once she was dead." There was a minuscule pang of guilt when he said this, aware of the vows he had sworn years ago. But this guilt was small compared to the injustices he knew Magnolia had dedicated herself to.

"You think I enjoy being here? You think that if I had a choice I might choose to sit at Magnolia's side?" Julian settled back in his chair, taking a deep breath and suddenly unable to look at her. "Maybe if Kindle takes his wretched crown I will be free to go home and take care of my own people."

Amelia Amelia looked at Julian carefully, evaluating everything he had decided to tell her. She believed him, which surprised her for the mage really had done nothing to gain her trust. But she knew from the few weeks she was stuck in his tower (for he never seemed to occupy much of the castle space otherwise) that he was fond of his people, even if he didn’t seem to have a clue on how to properly take care of anyone.

But Amelia knew that even though he obviously seemed to believe there wouldn’t be war, all the evidence pointed to otherwise. Her kingdom would surely know by now that her brother had been killed by the elves—and they would attack without warning. Anything Kindle had planned on doing to Magnolia would only cause more issues than it was worth. Her only thought was that perhaps the knight had sent a letter and made some sort of arrangement with her home, but even that seemed slim.

Humans were unforgiving creatures.

The curly haired woman did not say any of her thoughts out loud; concerned that speaking them into the universe would be enough to breathe life into such tragedies. Instead she took a seat, cautiously, hoping that he would not take offense at her lack of stance. Though she was sure she had managed to be past any state of offense by now.

“I do not think you enjoy being here.” She attempted to reassure, realizing that she should have answered moments earlier. “But I do not understand why you would agree to such a thing.” Amelia raised a pristine eyebrow at him; “I do not see how keeping my identity a secret from your Queen benefits you in the slightest.”

“Nor do I see any benefits from you taking Kindle’s side and not simply pushing me off on him to deal with the issue.”
Julian smiled drily; funny that it would be this part of the conversation that was so painfully truthful. "I do not wish you dead, Highness, which is surely what would happen if I took the matter to Magnolia." He examined how easily her title fell from his lips, but after a half-second pressed on. "Is it so puzzling that I would wish to see two royal bloodlines restored with one killing?" He did not mince around the last word, knowing it for what it was.

Amelia stared at him for a long silent moment. It didn’t seem like it could be something so simple. So selfless that it seemed uncanny that it would leave the lips of any noble blooded individual that the freckled woman wasn’t quite sure how to respond to him. The mage continued to prove himself rather queer and she shifted in her seat uncomfortably, muttering to herself in French.

“Is it really that simple for you?” She wondered out loud, her lips twisted in an unsure frown. She couldn’t believe him if she tried. She couldn’t accept that as the truth even though he was simply awful at attempting to lie compared to most men she had met. But Julian wasn't most men and she couldn't fathom what that meant.
Julian tilted his head a fraction of an inch, pausing to consider the question and all it implied. "Yes." He said at last, knowing it was the truth and unable to imagine any other way.

Amelia let out a sigh, not caring if it seemed impolite in the slightest. She knew he had an angle, they had angles and perhaps he was just good at seeming like a bad liar. She wasn’t sure and didn’t know how to go about asking it without endangering herself any further. So instead she attempted a different direction for conversation. “So is there any concrete plan? Anything I should or should not do, my lord?”

Her blue eyes found his quickly and for a moment her heart missed a beat (which she found herself hating more and more). He seemed so nice, so trustworthy and yet…she couldn’t be bothered to believe such a thing. Not yet afterall, her momentary trust faltered the minute she realized he hadn’t done anything to gain it, not really (though she had to admit he hadn’t done anything to offend it either).
Julian found himself more and more affected by her response, needing to know what she made of his ridiculous claims. It felt vain of him, like he needed to see her reaction only in how it affected him. But he cared more about what she thought that he wanted to admit. Only belatedly did he realize she'd asked a question, and he let his face turn to a mild frown. "A plan? Certainly. Do I know it? No, that would be too much like collaboration." He shrugged. "All Kindle deigned to say was that it'd be best to keep you out of sight for the next few days. Other than that, he could be up to anything."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff